WZCW All Or Nothing 2013 with KB (Review Starts At Post 63)

It isn't if I berate one of the writers either. There are some things in here that make it VERY hard to tell what's going on.

This is the most interesting thing about the review so far. I can't see you being past the Elite X Championship yet so I'm taking a guess and saying the creative member is Kermit.

EDIT: Not Kermit then.

Whatever you want KB. You can berate me publicly any day... I'm no stranger to someone else jacking my fapples.

I believe that the majority of creative have knowingly asked me for role-play feedback at one time or another. I think it's safe to say that they're big boys with suitably think skins.

I strongly suspect that you'll do more good if you speak publicly.

This is the most interesting thing about the review so far. I can't see you being past the Elite X Championship yet so I'm taking a guess and saying the creative member is Kermit.

I'm only done with the opening match and the quick backstage segment after it.

The main problem I had was with the battle royal was stuff like this:

"We pan over to see that Thrash is now on the ground,"

As in on the mat? When I hear ground in a wrestling match, I think outside the ring. I figured out that it meant mat as he was still in, but it was confusing at first.

The main issue I have with the singles match is the way Westhoff wrestles. He comes off like a face with the running from one side of the ring to the other and the dives and all that good stuff. I know he's a smaller guy, but there's a reason you don't often see guys like Mysterio as a heel: high fliers are exciting and therefore popular. The character is quite good though.

One other minor thing about the battle royal, and this is likely more just because I'm used to the way I do it: I missed the list of names of the participants the first time I read through it. With it under the video it doesn't really stand out that well. I actually had a big long paragraph talking about keeping your audience clear on what's going on when I saw it.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't advise doing it privately. Whenever I've decided to raise issues I've done it via PM to avoid drama, I've also found that icommunicating via PM gets me insight into the votes so that's a bonus. Of course, KB has no reason to avoid drama beyond politeness so do it in public, that way it's harder to sweep under the rug in the creative section.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't advise doing it privately. Whenever I've decided to raise issues I've done it via PM to avoid drama, I've also found that icommunicating via PM gets me insight into the votes so that's a bonus. Of course, KB has no reason to avoid drama beyond politeness so do it in public, that way it's harder to sweep under the rug in the creative section.

That and I can read the votes anytime I want and have no reason to be interested in them. I certainly won't be ripping anyone apart though. I've done this kind of stuff before and it's very hard to get wrestling matches into words.

EDIT: Not Kermit then.

:lmao:

One other minor thing about the battle royal, and this is likely more just because I'm used to the way I do it: I missed the list of names of the participants the first time I read through it. With it under the video it doesn't really stand out that well. I actually had a big long paragraph talking about keeping your audience clear on what's going on when I saw it.

Yeah, I had originally intended to put them in the announcer's dialogue in bold, but I opted not to. We had a big discussion in the WZCW.com area about the match so pretty much everyone in the fed knew who was wrestling in it. I didn't really cater to outside readers :p. It should be noted that pre-show/dark matches are usually just written in results in form. I wasn't too worried about making it super spectacular since our next PPV is the LL and the match was basically for those who couldn't make the actual PPV card.

I'd be happy for public criticism but if KB wants to approach us behind the scenes, it can only help us because I suspect it will be about formatting and writing techniques rather than things that will directly affect everyone else.

One overall note: you guys use WAY too many DDT's. I'm on the seventh PPV match and the move has been used ten times already, including four in one match and not counting two that were loaded up but didn't connect.

This is the reason why a "Ban List" was implemented from impeding further applicants from using common moves such as the DDT. We allow variations but a lot of people like to use DDT's, dropkicks and enzuigiri's in their movesets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back