WZCW All Or Nothing 2013 with KB (Review Starts At Post 63)

Барбоса;4350753 said:
Even before I started writing matches, I would categorise my own writing as average.

My 'expertise' are in the realm of ideas. Hell, I have been riding the 'idea' of Barbosa the occasional bi-polar schizo since I walked in the door of WZCW. Each and every week I have been waiting for someone to notice that my writing leaves a great deal to be desired. Almost nothing in the way of "excellent" has emerged from my stylus in terms of RPs or matches - I just do not have that creative streak in me and it shows not just in my matches but in my choice of career - ancient history - where creativity goes largely out the window. I'm not sure if people believe me when I say it but I spend an inordinate amount of time on my RPs. It really does take me days and days. Matches are no different.

Takes me ages to write an RP too. Going to call bullshit on your writing leaving a lot to be desired, certainly from an RP standpoint. Maybe its not Dickens writing Sykes but I've tried to write Barbosa and I cant replicate what you do with him that makes him so damn good to read. Honestly, give me just about any character to work with, Showtime, K.O, you name them from the active roster and there is a good chance I could write something for them and you wouldnt know it wasnt their actual handler. Barbosa and Saxton are two I wouldnt touch now and that is more to do with the people who write them already being leagues ahead of me than anything else.

Its why I find e-fedding so baffling at times I think.

Again, I would say that the ideas behind Barbosa are what are good. My actual writing style is not overly descriptive or clever, although I suppose I could say that that that lack of frills actually allows the Barbosa character to come through more.

My matches were probably considered average as well. I think my issue was that I'd look at the movesets and come up with a couple big spots, but do a formula match in between.

I've written maybe 3 guest matches and some for my Book This! feds and this is basically how I wrote them.

Also, he liked my Power Glove

images

A B- and a C for my matches (EurAsian Title and The Empire vs Barbosa/Ed respectively), not bad at all, especially considering how quickly I wrote that tag team match. Thank you so much for the review KB. The feedback gave me good ideas on where I need to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back