Results are only viewable after voting.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
WrestleZone Forum Singles Tournament FIRST ROUND

Harley Race Region

Doc
vs.
Gelgarin

This is a single elimination tournament. If there is a draw, I'll flip a coin. Any unneeded drama, which I'll have final say over, is an automatic disqualification and possible penalties such as warnings or infractions.

The criteria is simple: who do you think is better? You can judge that by contributions to the forums, popularity, entertainment value, wrestling knowledge or anything else you can think of, or any combination. I know it's often said that this isn't a popularity contest, but in this case part of it is. Have fun with it.

Any questions you have, ask me (KB or Lariat). Let the posting begin. Or, continue as all of you have posted before I guess.

Oh and the winner gets to request any PPV ever that they want reviewed, pending me being able to find it.

Gelgarin.

Sorry, Doc...But I'd take his 200+ posts over just about anyone else's 1000 posts...

Look, everyone knows I'm picking Doc, it's really simple. And admittedly, I like Gelgarin alot, for all of his knowledge on old school. I still imagine that somewhere, Gordon Solie would like to partner with him to a telecast. He's that great.

But the one thing that will always concern me is that I rarely see him post. Yes, it adds value, but should we really look at it that way? We have to go by who's the best, right now, at this moment. And the fact is, Gelgarin comes by when he hasto, it seems for me. Trust me, half of you, right now, have Doc sigs, and it's not even close. Doc admittedly doesn't know much about the sport, and became a fan in 2006, but the lad is trying, and I respect that more than anything. He adds anything he can to these boards, because he loves them, and because he wants to be a member of these boards. Hell, the guy is starting to watch The Attitude Era, though he missed it living overseas. He's always here, always on, and always contributing to us having a good time.

Give your vote to Doc.

Look, everyone knows I'm picking Doc, it's really simple. And admittedly, I like Gelgarin alot, for all of his knowledge on old school. I still imagine that somewhere, Gordon Solie would like to partner with him to a telecast. He's that great.

But the one thing that will always concern me is that I rarely see him post. Yes, it adds value, but should we really look at it that way? We have to go by who's the best, right now, at this moment. And the fact is, Gelgarin comes by when he hasto, it seems for me. Trust me, half of you, right now, have Doc sigs, and it's not even close. Doc admittedly doesn't know much about the sport, and became a fan in 2006, but the lad is trying, and I respect that more than anything. He adds anything he can to these boards, because he loves them, and because he wants to be a member of these boards. Hell, the guy is starting to watch The Attitude Era, though he missed it living overseas. He's always here, always on, and always contributing to us having a good time.

Give your vote to Doc.

Glegarin could post once a week and it wouldn't matter. That post would be better then 100 Doc posts and that's not a knock against him at all.

Glegarin could post once a week and it wouldn't matter. That post would be better then 100 Doc posts and that's not a knock against him at all.

Trust me, I'm aware of just how good Gelgarin is. I'm actually honored he put me in the Final Four. The only person that could honor me more by placing that vote of confidence in me is X.

But I can't, in good heart, vote against a guy who's here everyday, busts his ass, and really has become a member of this WZ Forum, against all odds.

Sorry Doc...but I have to vote for Gelgarin. I know Doc contributes to the forums as much as he possibly can...but I'm voting for Gel because I think he's a better poster. Yes, he doesn't contribute as much as Doc does but that's not how I'm judging this things. I'm judging by who has done a lot more for the forums in some matches and by who is the better poster in other matches.

Trust me, I'm aware of just how good Gelgarin is. I'm actually honored he put me in the Final Four. The only person that could honor me more by placing that vote of confidence in me is X.

But I can't, in good heart, vote against a guy who's here everyday, busts his ass, and really has become a member of this WZ Forum, against all odds.

Gelgarin is here every day, observing. I know this, because seeing his name does things to me.

He's also a big reason why TNA LDs pwn all other LDs...

Gelgarin is here every day, observing. I know this, because seeing his name does things to me.

He's also a big reason why TNA LDs pwn all other LDs...

A good Gelgarin post makes me tingly in the pants, too.

A Gelgarin appearance is really just a cock tease

Gelgarin gets points for efficiency. Doc gives a hell of an effort on a regular basis, but Gelgarin is on a unique level that should end this before it even begins.

Doc's here all the time and is a nice lad, I'll throw him a bone.

Plus, the awesome sig of himself.

Well it at least looks like the launch of the Gelgarin brothel should be a success.

Tenta is almost 100% accurate in what he says, although I'd contest that Gelgarin comes around when he "wants to". I'm on-line multiple times each day, but I'm an occasional poster and aside from a small project I have coming up I will always be an occasional poster. When it comes to 'putting effort' into the forum, Doc is far, far my superior, and I've got no issue with anyone wanting to vote for him in that regard.

That being said, I voted for me because I'm a Lou Thesz mark, and a vote for Gelgarin is a vote for unmitigated Lou Thesz love.

Doc, because I said I would. Also, Gelgarin likes to make wrestling facts up sometimes...I found it very funny and ironic that he would hound IrishCanadian25 about an incorrect buyrate in their semi-final Debater's League match up.

Doc, I love my sig.

Gelgarin, little know trivia fact, gave me my first green rep. Gelgarin is one of my favorite posters in whatever section he is in.

Gelgarin is a far, far better poster than me. I am willing to grant him that.

However, I am on here a lot, as Tenta said. And I've been trying my damndest to get to know wrestling, whether it be checking out DVDs, surfing YouTube, buying autobiographies, or just reading the forums for hours on end.

Plus, I contribute to the forums in almost every forum. I believe the only ones I haven't posted in are MMA and Sports, because I don't follow either of them. My graphics work overshadows the fact that I'm actually a pretty well-rounded poster. My posts may not be mind-blowing, but they are consistently solid and they are there.

Also, I have indeed contributed "large" posts and threads. For examples, check out my induction into the JTMFTG, the tutorials thread in the Graphics section, or the Games No One Played thread in VGT. I know I will probably sound arrogant, but I am a pretty underrated poster, because my Bar Room antics and graphics overshadow everything else.

That isn't to tell you to discount my graphics. I churn those things out. I pride myself on getting my requests done in a timely manner, and for the most part I do.

Also, I'm a friendly person. I want to be seen as a nice guy, and I try my best to be friends with everyone. If I mess up, I admit it and try to move on. Hey, Lord Sidious and I are friends now, despite our rocky past. Coco and I are friendly with each other. CB and I made up today. I do my best to be a nice guy and treat you with honesty and respect.

And one last thing: A vote against me is a vote against El Dandy, and who are you to doubt El Dandy?!

Vote Doc.

I'm voting for Doc. One, he is one of my good friends on this board and I'm glad to call him a friend. Two, he is a fellow sig maker. And three, he has (in my mind) worked to improve his posting and become a better poster. And while he may not be as a good of a poster as Gelgarin (Hell not many of us here are as good as him), he is still a quality poster and does what he can to help the forum.

Doc is an awesome sig maker, no, scratch that. He is THE sig maker. Coupled with his efforts in LD's especially with ECW, its hard to vote against him.

But Gelgarin is a beast. His post on Lou Thesz vs. Sting was the stuff of legend, and he can go into a thread and start a banana tear whenever he wants. Not often mind you, but when he does, it is beastly.

Doc. He's a decent sig maker, he's amusing, and Gelgarin's Old School taste isn't for me. Doc wins. Although I do realize Gelgarin value to the forums.

Doc makes sigs, and is a member of the people that took hold in the bar room when I was sans internet. I'm sure he's a nice enough chap, but come on now. Gelgarin may be obsessed with saving face by having a low post count, but when he does post, it is unbelievably good. I think he beat IC25 in a debate once, probably, they've had loads. Anyway, vote Gelgarin.

I'm in a pickle here... Doc has made me these sigs that have attracted many viewers to my BT, making it the most viewed active E-fed thus far. However, Gelgarin brought out the best in me when I faced him in the WDL and what he shows is something not many can replicate.

I shall abstain from voting.

Stevie. Go to my Photobucket, or refresh the page until you get to your Hart Von Erich sig.

Stare at it for an hour or so.

Think about how you wouldn't have it to stare at if it weren't for me.

;)

Also, I have it from a completely unsubstantiated very reliable source that Gelgarin is known to doubt El Dandy.

This is a case of the better poster versus the more liked poster.

Let's face it, Doc is just one of those people that gets thrown at you and sticks everytime. He's just a wonderful person with a great work ethic for the forums and an incredible personality.

Gelgarin may rub people the wrong way when his brain begins to throw up, but there is no doubt that he is one of the most intelligent and knowledgeable posters on this website. He is an encyclopedia of information on old school wrestling and is tough as nails when it comes to debating.

In my opinion, it would be unfair to judge ANY round of this tournament as a popularity contest (and I hope I'm not alone on this). I personally judge people on this website by their hard work and dedication, but only when they put it towards their posts. For this reason and this reason ONLY, this puts Gelgarin on a whole different level and sets him aside from about 95% of the posters on this site.

So, as much as I like... no... LOVE Doc, I've got to vote for Gelgarin here because of my personal principles and because I respect the living fuck outta him for his endless knowledge and posting skill.

Doc, I'm sorry... I love you...

(Man, that was a tough one...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back