• Vince McMahon Sr.

• Gorilla Monsoon

• Harley Race

• Antoni Inoki

• The Road Warriors

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I have no official say in who makes it into the Wrestlezone Hall of Fame ballots however as stated in the initial post of "What is the WZ HOF?" it says public opinion will be taken into account when deciding who is going to be on the ballots and I decided that instead of reviving some old campaign threads I started why not just make a general poll with several famous wrestling personalities and see who the public of Wrestlezone wants in the next poll.

Now personally if I was constructing the next ballot of worthy superstars my ballot would probably look like something of the following:

Vince McMahon Jr.

The man who really revolutionized wrestling, Who innovated and created intrigue, who happens to run the biggest wrestling company in the World, who signed and created the majority of our favorite wrestlers today, who is causing this sentence to run-on thanks to his accomplishes, who DESERVES a HOF entry for giving us a reason to have a Hall of Fame in the first place. Yes, if it isn't clear I've been vouching for him for a LONG time and I pray eventually he gets the ability to be put in as soon as possible.

John Cena

This is my own personal pick opinion and I detail this in a thread that can b found below this one more clearly but EVERY icon of its generation of wrestling is already inducted into the Hall of Fame. He's an active competitor and that's why he's been left out but he's been the face of the PG era and the icon of wrestling for 6 straight years. He is what CURRENT wrestling is. He is the Stone Cold, the Lou Thesz, Sammartino, Hogan, of this current generation and therefore deserves a HOF bid.

Jim Ross

The only man on this list who has had the privilege of already being on a poll. He lost to the greatest manager of all time. He tried and he ended pretty close. I think following this retirement/firing it has only furthered to prove McMahon fears JR due to his wrestling know how. People equate him to being the greatest wrestling mind of all time. That's saying something and that something should be a WZ HOF nomination.

However those are just my opinions. On the poll there are an additional 12 other ideas for who should be on the next poll. Vote, defend your picks make your voice heard.

(Also Pick 3 from the poll please.)

Here is who I voted for and why.....

Vince McMahon Jr.

He is the greatest promoter in the history of pro wrestling and the most influential person over the last 30 years of pro wrestling. Yes, Hulk Hogan was the star that brought pro wrestling to the mainstream. Yes Stone Cold and the NWO (Hulk Hogan again) helped launch the wrestling boom of the late 90's, but Vince McMahon is the man who set the stage for modern pro wrestling. He helped bring an end to the territory era of pro wrestling and bring in the age of modern sports-entertainment, much like how Nirvana ushered in the era of alternative rock in popular music that's still going today while bringing an end to previous eras of rock music. Vince is the most important figure in wrestling and one of the most important in the history of wrestling.

The Undertaker

My general stance on Hall of Fames is to be as chronological as possible. And there are plenty of classic wrestlers from the 1910's to the 1980's that predated Taker that should be in. But, we already have Stone Cold, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels in the HOF. We might as well get the other huge name of 1990's WWE into the HOF with them. Plus amongst the choices of American singles wrestlers in the poll, Taker is the best of them all (though Steamboat comes close)

Antonio Inoki

We don't have hardly any international wrestlers in the HOF (El Santo being the only one), and we have yet to induct a Japanese pro wrestler into the HOF. Rikidozan should be the first one honestly, but Antonio Inoki is a worthy second choice, and beings this Hall tends to favor more modern wrestlers, I guess Inoki will do. He was the founder of New Japan Pro Wrestling, probably the most enduring wrestling company of the last 50 years (along with WWE), and he became an icon in the country of Japan. What Hulk Hogan is to America, Antonio Inoki is to Japan. It's about time we get a Japanese pro wrestler in the Hall, and Antonio is a good choice to be the first.

Runners-Up: The Road Warriors (best tag team of all-time), Jim Ross (best announcer of all-time), Harley Race (probably the third best NWA Champion of all-time behind Thesz and Flair)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back