WZ Forums Awards - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
In this thread, you can discuss all things WZF Awards. Did you notice a snub - a wrestler / team / moment / show we should have nominated? Maybe you just want to debate why you think someone or something should NOT be on a list.

This is a non-spam thread, remember, so please provide a reason to back up your statement. Simply saying "Chris Daniels should be nominated for Wrestler of the Year" is spam and will be warned and deleted. Please add to the debate.

So just curious, maybe I didnt read something. Are we voting on these categories or just leaving our opinions on the nominees? I have no problem backing up my opinions but if votes are being tallied in these forums it might have been easier to leave the sections as spam and in doing so it may have got more people to vote. If they are not then I understand why it is a non spam forum.

Why is Kofi Kingston listed as a Rookie of the Year candidate? He's been around since the beginning of last year. I would also say that Ziggler is very debateable as a "rookie", considering the fact that he started popping up as the Ziggler character last year, and it's his third repackaging. Drew McIntyre was around before as well, teaming with Dave Taylor. Does that negate his eligibility as a rookie?

CM Punk should absolutely sweep these awards. He's had an absolutely superb year and only the most stubborn WWE Shareholder (Credit: Lord Sidious) would say otherwise. A bright spark in a sea of monotony. The amount of the awards he should win is incredible. It's like Kurt Angle in 2003. Here's the ones I think he should definitely win:

• Breakthrough Performance of the Year
  • Promo of the Year
  • Feud of the Year
  • Title Reign of the Year
  • Surprise of the Year
  • Best Match of the Year
  • Best Storyline of the Year
  • Best Wrestler of the Year

I was cynical at first but his slow burn heel turn was great, his title win(s) of actual significance and his promos absolutely breathtaking. His TLC match with Jeff Hardy was awesome and blows everything else out of the water. Seriously, Undertaker/Michaels is immensely overrated. Furthermore, he even forced me to make a serious post.

What's the etiquette for voting on these? There's no polls in the individual threads and they're all locked for comments so are we supposed to amass our views in this single thread for someone to correlate?

Okay, so one of the top two wrestlers of all time, HBK Shawn Michaels, isn't nominated for Wrestler of the Decade? Seriously? Lets see here, he came back after 4 years, and has wrestled better than or as good as anyone has this decade, He has consistently put over the younger talent (Shelton Benjamin, Batista, Randy Orton, Chris Masters, Carlito, The Legacy), he has won the PWI Match of the Year award the last 4 years (soon to be 5 when his match with Undertaker wins this year) he has had some amazingly awesome promos, either in DX or on his own, he has constantly stolen the show at Wrestlemania this decade, he has had some of the best feuds this decade (vs HHH, vs The McMahons, vs Jericho) and his matches have been some of the most memorable:

Unsanctioned Match with HHH (Summerslam 2002)
First Elimination Chamber (Survivor Series 2002)
Three Stages of Hell with HHH (Armageddon 2002)
vs Chris Jericho (WrestleMania 19)
Last Man Standing Match vs HHH (Royal Rumble 2003)
Triple Threat vs HHH and Beniot (Wrestlemania 20)
Hell in a Cell Match vs HHH (Badd Blood 2003)
Team Austin vs Team Bischoff (Survivor Series 2003)
vs Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania 21)
vs Shelton Benjamin (Raw) (Who will ever forget that Super Kick at the end!?)
vs McMahon (Wrestlemania 22)
The God Match (Backlash 2006)
Hell In A Cell vs The McMahons & Big Show
The Royal Rumble Match 2007 (I will always believe that the ending to that match with HBK and Taker going at it for I believe to be 10 minutes will always be one of the three best endings to a Rumble ever)
vs John Cena (WrestleMania 23 & The Hour Long Match in London)
vs Ric Flair (WrestleMania 24)
His entire Feud with Chris Jericho in 2008
vs Undertaker (Wrestlemania 25)
Submission Match vs The Legacy (Breaking Point 2009)

Yeah, I think he deserves to be nominated. He doesn't have to win, but to not even nominate HBK for Wrestler of the Decade is a travesty in my humble opinion.

What's the etiquette for voting on these? There's no polls in the individual threads and they're all locked for comments so are we supposed to amass our views in this single thread for someone to correlate?

Polls will be open soon, worry not my friend. For now, if you want to comment, do it here, but you'll be able to discuss and vote on the individual awards VERY soon.

JSaturn, you're absolutely right about Michaels. We'll get him on there!!!

Since the announcement went out on the main page, we will work on getting all of the threads open late tonight.

Right now, all of the candidates for Wrestler Of The Year are done. So, if either TM, a P-Mod, G-Mod, or Admin would be so kind as to add the poll, I will unlock it and voting and discussion can commence on that topic.

GuyCompton, we will be going over everything with a fine tooth comb tonight as to who qualifies and doesn't. But, thanks for letting us know about Kofi Kingston.

I'm going to go with the Pay Per View of the Decade and see the unabashed love that the Wrestlemanias are getting. I get it, they are the biggest pay per views of the year, blah blah blah. It's simply criminal that if all of those Wrestlemania's make it on, then how on earth is arguably the best Wrestlemania not included on that list. Wrestlemania 24 was phenomenal from top to bottom, miles better then Wrestlemania 23, and isn't on the list?

Now I checked that last night, and not sure if it's been edited since, but if that's the case, bad bad choice.

KURT ANGLE = WRESTLER OF THE DECADE

***DECADE ACCOMPLISHMENTS***
2000- KING OF THE RING
2001- #1 PWI 500
4X WWE CHAMPION
IC CHAMPION
EUROPEAN CHAMPION
HARDCORE CHAMPION
TAG TEAM CHAMPION
WCW CHAMPION
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
3X TNA CHAMPION

AND THE BEST FORM IN THE BUSINESS
BEST MISSLE DROPKICK I'VE EVER SEEN
MORE TECHNICAL THAN ANY OTHER NOMINEE
AND HE'S A YINZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked the " Disappointment of the Decade thread & I think 2 more nominees must be added:

1-Rey Mysterio becoming World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania 22
2-The fact that HBK has been World Champion only for 1 month in this decade & it happend 7 years ago.

IMO,Mysterio being champ & also having HBK lose any title shots he had in past 7 years are the worst creative decisions of all time!

I just checked the " Disappointment of the Decade thread & I think 2 more nominees must be added:

1-Rey Mysterio becoming World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania 22
2-The fact that HBK has been World Champion only for 1 month in this decade & it happend 7 years ago.

IMO,Mysterio being champ & also having HBK lose any title shots he had in past 7 years are the worst creative decisions of all time!

Thank you for the suggestions. We may add Mysterio, Jr.'s, World Heavyweight title reign as a disappointment; although his Wrestlemania match with Angle and Orton was less than stellar, I don't think anyone can argue that the outcome was quite exciting. However, you are right in that WWE totally dropped the ball with the championship reign that followed.

I see Randy Orton was one of the top ten most overrated wrestlers. What a joke. This guy is the class of the company, hands down. There is no one in the business better than Orton on the mic. His character is realistic, entertaining, and downright evil. There has been no better heel over the past 3 year than Randy Orton. His in ring abilities are top notch, maybe the best in the WWE. How about Big Show (fat and slow, doesn't seem to care anymore)? Kane (Looks like he is constantly in great amounts of pain, and not because he was burned in a fire lol)? Shelton Benjamin (absolutely awful on the mic)? And for the love of God, how about Matt Hardy? He is terrible on the mic and equally as bad in the ring. I don't mean to sound so critical, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back