2010 Slammy Award Episode Discussion

OK so we we know who is up for what in the Slammy's this evening, so have your preliminary say on who you think deserves the win in each category. The categories are:

Superstar of the Year
-Randy Orton
-The Miz
-Edge
-Rey Mysterio
-John Cena

If I was going to pick it would be between randy orton and the Miz, although personally I think Kane would have been a possible favorite had he been up for it, strange that he isn't.

Shocker of the Year
-The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank, becomes WWE Champion
-John Cena loses and is forced to join The Nexus
-The Nexus takes out Mr. McMahon
-Paul Bearer turns on The Undertaker

I think we can all agree that Paul bearer turning on undertaker was an inevitability not a shock, and nexus taking out mcmahon always seemed likely from the moment he walked out to the ring. So it has to go down between miz' cash in and cena joining nexus, both great options and I can't really pick.

Knucklehead Moment of the Year
-Big Show unmasks a bald CM Punk
-Santino Marella gets out-danced by Vladimir Kozlov
-Beth Phoenix eliminates The Great Khali from the Royal Rumble
-Lay-Cool gets beaten by Mae Young

Stupid category, no idea what it even means. If I had to pick out of all these moments, beth phoenix eliminating great khalie is the most significant with CM Punk being unmasked coming a close second.

Despicable Me Award
-CM Punk sings "Happy Birthday" to Rey Mysterio's daughter
-Sheamus attacks Triple H with a lead pipe while The Game talks about Shawn Michaels
-The Nexus attacks Ricky Steamboat and WWE Legends
-Kane buries The Undertaker alive

Kane buries undertaker alive? IT WAS BURIED ALIVE MATCH, WHAT D'YOU EXPECT?! Anyways, once again a nexus attack at the time was on the cards for anybody, you kindof expected it of them so it's not so dispicable. Sheamus attacking HHH was pretty unexpected and it was a damn good moment, but the psychopathic singing of happy birthday by Punk snatches this one as far as I'm concerned.

Holy %&^*%&* Move of the Year
-Kofi Kingston hits Drew McIntyre with a leg drop off ladder through announce table
-John Cena sends Batista onto a car and through the stage with two Attitude Adjustments
-Randy Orton delivers RKO to a flying Evan Bourne
-John Morrison dives off set onto Daniel Bryan and The Miz

My pick would be the least hardcore of all of these because of how incredibly perfectly it was excecuted. It was a HBK superkick to shelton benjamin moment, and it just kept orton on top as a lethal, rapid-striking fighter. A shooting star press into and RKO, it's a counter-wrestlers dream.

Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year
-Mike Tyson punches out Chris Jericho
-Pee-wee Herman vs. The Miz
-Florence Henderson kisses The Great Khali
-William Shatner sings WWE Entrances

I just had a look back at all of these before answering, and I reckon that the exchange between pee-wee and the miz, and mike tyson knocking out jericho were the top two. I'm gonna hand it to miz and pee-wee though because the tyson thing was done sloppily. And also, people weren't really into pee-wee when he first came out, but he won them over by embarassing the Miz repeatedly, did his job great.

"Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year
-Big Show destroys Jack Swagger's trophies
-Edge destroys the Raw GM's computer
-Alberto Del Rio injures Rey Mysterio's arm with a steel chair
-Batista quits WWE

So far, this has been the hardest category for me to judge. The only one I can eliminate at face value is big show and swagger's segment because it was pretty poor, and did what the kane and edge story is doing for me now, giving me sympathy for the heel. Batista quitting was a really poor way for him to go considering all the work he did on the build-up towards WM so I'll get rid of that one.
This leaves del rio injuring rey, and edge attacking the computer. Hmmmmmmm, I'm gonna hand to edge, because I just thought overall it was the better moment, summing up what people wanted to happen and how people felt (and still do!) about the GM computer shit, good release of tension.

WWE Moment of the Year
-Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels shake hands
-The Nexus debuts and attacks John Cena
-The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels in Michaels' final match
-Kane wins Money in Bank, cashes in on same night

You could say that bret and shawn shaking hands makes this a really hard one to make a descision for. Well not for me. The initial nexus attack was moment of the year hands down, unexpected, brutal, thorough, malicious and the best ending to a raw this whole year. Any other year and bret and shawn shaking hands (and hugging which it seems to have left off) would have it...... but the nexus attack was too great of a moment, and lead to too much great story work to go unrecognized.

WWE Diva of the Year
-To be determined in a Diva Battle Royal on Monday's Raw

I know we can't pick the winner ourselves but if you had to pick someone this year, who would you give it to? Myself, I would say it has been a great year for natalya, laycool even alicia fox by her standards last year. Seen as nobody has really shone this year, it's pretty wide open but my unconvenional pick would by layla, looked great, her wrestling improved a lot and she made michaelle mccool believable, she was the one who sold laycool and actually made them worth watching.

OK now your turn....

Superstar of the Year
-Randy Orton
-The Miz
-Edge
-Rey Mysterio
-John Cena

I'm going to go with The Miz,
I tried to look back and see what everybody had brought to the table this year but all I could hear was his mouth. Plus it wasn't too often this year you saw The Miz without a title

Shocker of the Year
-The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank, becomes WWE Champion
-John Cena loses and is forced to join The Nexus
-The Nexus takes out Mr. McMahon
-Paul Bearer turns on The Undertaker

I'm not going to pick for this category as I only saw the Miz cashing in and that wasn't shocking to me, or exciting

-Big Show unmasks a bald CM Punk
-Santino Marella gets out-danced by Vladimir Kozlov
-Beth Phoenix eliminates The Great Khali from the Royal Rumble
-Lay-Cool gets beaten by Mae Young

When I think of Knucklehead I think of something being funny, So Lay-Cool gets beat by Lay-Cool wins hands down for me. Not so much the match as when she called them ****s and bitches

Despicable Me Award
-CM Punk sings "Happy Birthday" to Rey Mysterio's daughter
-Sheamus attacks Triple H with a lead pipe while The Game talks about Shawn Michaels
-The Nexus attacks Ricky Steamboat and WWE Legends
-Kane buries The Undertaker alive

I can't label anything Punk says as despicable per say, so I’m going to go with Sheamus attacking HHH during his time for Shawn, you just see that and think, what a jack-ass!

-Kofi Kingston hits Drew McIntyre with a leg drop off ladder through announce table
-John Cena sends Batista onto a car and through the stage with two Attitude Adjustments
-Randy Orton delivers RKO to a flying Evan Bourne
-John Morrison dives off set onto Daniel Bryan and The Miz

Again I didn't see any of these, I was watching the match between Randy and Evan, but I blinked and missed the move, like no shitting you, but I think we all know the RKO is going to be taking this home.

-Mike Tyson punches out Chris Jericho
-Pee-wee Herman vs. The Miz
-Florence Henderson kisses The Great Khali
-William Shatner sings WWE Entrances

I'm going with Peewee on the count that this is the only moment that made me laugh.

-Big Show destroys Jack Swagger's trophies
-Edge destroys the Raw GM's computer
-Alberto Del Rio injures Rey Mysterio's arm with a steel chair
-Batista quits WWE

Batista quitting takes the cake for me; this was just 12 shades of funny.

WWE Moment of the Year
-Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels shake hands
-The Nexus debuts and attacks John Cena
-The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels in Michaels' final match
-Kane wins Money in Bank, cashes in on same night

This is so obviously the hardest category, the Shawn and Bret shake/hug was just touching for all the older wrestler fans, my brother was almost in tears. But I have to go with the Nexus invasion, I mean, who saw this coming? Not only was it the moment of the year, but it set in place the rest of the year, and it's still going!

WWE Diva of the Year
-To be determined in a Diva Battle Royal on Monday's RAW

Hopping the E doesn't shit on this award like they did last year,
Lay-Cool's the obvious choice, though there a tag-team it doesn't really seem to matter since there the only divas that were pushed the whole year. Melina, Beth.P, and Natalya had a good couple of months, but Lay-Cool was, unfortunately in the ring the whole year.

Superstar of the Year
- Randy Orton
- The Miz
- Edge
- Rey Mysterio
- John Cena

I'm going with either Edge or The Miz (leaning more towards Miz) on this one. I don't see a face winning this. And either Edge or The Miz will be good ones to further their respective storylines.

Shocker of the Year
- The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank, becomes WWE Champion
- John Cena loses and is forced to join The Nexus
- The Nexus takes out Mr. McMahon
- Paul Bearer turns on The Undertaker

Although Nexus taking out Mr. McMahon was (to me) a shocker. I'm going to have to go with the Miz on this one as well. I don't believe it was that shocking, I can just see Miz with several Slammy awards.

- Big Show unmasks a bald CM Punk
- Santino Marella gets out-danced by Vladimir Kozlov
- Beth Phoenix eliminates The Great Khali from the Royal Rumble
- Lay-Cool gets beaten by Mae Young

2 of these in particular make me laugh. It's kinda tough to decide between the two. I'm torn between the Santino/Vladimir dance off. And Lay-Cool being beaten by Mae Young. I'm going to go with Lay-Cool getting beat.

Despicable Me Award
- CM Pumk sings "Happy Birthday" to Rey Mysterio's Daughter
- Sheamus attacks Triple H with a lead pipe while The Game talks about Shawn Michaels
- The Nexus attacks Ricky Steamboat and WWE Legends
- Kane buries The Undertaker Alive

This is an easy one for me. I'm going with Sheamus taking out Triple H. You know if Sheamus gets this it will just give him more reason to brag about taking out The Game.

Holy "Bleep" Move of the Year
- Kofi Kingston hits Drew McIntyre with a leg drop off ladder through announce table
- John Cena sends Batista onto a car and through the stage with two AA's
- Randy Orton delivers RKO to a flying Evan Bourne
- John Morrison dives off set onto Daniel Bryan and The Miz

This easily needs to be Randy Orton and his RKO to Bourne. That was an awesome move and amazing timing!

- Mike Tyson punches out Chris Jericho
- Pee-Wee Herman vs. The Miz
- Florence Henderson kisses The Great Khali
- William Shatner sings WWE Entrances

Another easy one for me. I pick Pee-Wee Herman hands down.

- Big Show destroys Jack Swagger's trophies
- Edge destroys the Raw GM's computer
- Alberto Del Rio injures Rey Mysterio's arm with a steel chair
- Batista quits WWE.

I am going with Edge destroying the Raw GM's computer. I don't think they will give it to Batista considering he's not with them anymore....unless of course they think he will be watching and they want to sit on screen and make fun of him for it.

WWE Moment of the Year
- Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels shake hands
- The Nexus debuts and attacks John Cena
- The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels in Michaels' final match
- Kane wins Money in the Bank, cashes in on the same night

This is a tough category to choose from. I will just give my pick based on my personal favorite. My pick is Bret and Shawn's hand shake.

WWE Diva of the Year
- To be determined in a Diva Battle Royal on Monday's RAW

I don't think that it's as obvious as others think it is. I'm going with Melina on this. Melina getting Diva of the Year will help to give her a big push.

Shocker of the year: The Nexus Debuts. I'd like to say this should go to the MITB cash in, but we were all obviously expecting him to cash in sooner or later. As for the Nexus, who expected that? This has to go to them.

Despicable Me: Vince kicks Bret's nuts into his stomach. CM Punk's happy bday song to Mysterio's daughter was mean, but given the history between McMahon and Hart, it's the obvious winner.

Holy %&^*%&* Moment of the year: Mid-air RKO. Randy hit an RKO on almost everyone in the locker room that night but I seriously said holy fuck when he hit Evan mid flight.

"Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year: Batista quits. This coulda been in the shocker of the year category but not as the winner. I just think he played it so well, and he looked so pathetic in his wheel chair. Bravo!

WWE moment of the year: Has to be HBK's last match because of the emotion and history that was involved. There may be no two men that represent the name WWE like Taker and HBK.

I went with Beth Phoenix eliminating Khali from the Royal Rumble. It was a great moment, but you're telling me that someone cared more about kissing a woman then attempting to get a guaranteed shot at Wrestlemania? Khali's been reduced from the most feared man in the Rumble to this.

Shocker of the Year

Easily the debut of the Nexus.

It seemed we were getting a decent main event between Punk and Cena to attempt to redeem the awful viewers choice Raw, and Barrett showed up on the stage. The next thing we saw was the mostly irrelevant rookies pulling off one of the most amazing shockers Ive seen since Cena returned at the Rumble.

William Shatner singing the superstar theme entrances did it for me. Im a huge Shatner fan from his work on Boston Legal, and hearing him sing "Sexy Boy" and "The Time is Now" was priceless. I was actually hoping they were going to release it on album as they so claimed.

Im torn between Batista and Edge, but the "edge" goes to Edge, slightly. Hearing the laptop beg for Michael Cole's help was what gave it to edge for me, and just the rediculousness of him beating up a freaking laptop as if he was doing any real damage did it for me.

The boom drop by Kingston to McIntyre. It was reckless and crazy and I thought both would be out for a long time following that. It was the only spot where I though either guy was legitimately injured, and really was a jaw dropping moment for me. It seemed spontaneous too, unlike some of the others.

I don't know if this has come up as i did not bother to read through all the pages of replies quite yet, but after winning "Moment" (Match, if you will) of the year at this years edition of the Slammys, Shawn Michaels has now won the Slammy for match of the year in all 5 editions of the Slammys since 96'. ladder match with razor summer slam 95 won him the 96 slammy. Iron man match with hitman at WM 12 won him it it 97. Amazingly 11 years later, He puts on the classic with flair, winning him the '08 slammy, then proceeding to cement his legacy with his two straight attempts at ending the streak, earning him the '09, and 2010 Slammys.

Superstar of the Year: John Cena I understand why John Cena won since the option for superstar of the year could be voted for by fans on wwe.com, but Cena wasn't even "employed" before the Slammy awards were announced. Shouldn't he have been disqualified from being in any award categories? The Miz accomplished more than the rest of the superstars in the category.

Knucklehead Moment of the Year: LayCool (for losing to Mae Young) I would think that this one should have went to something more silly like the dance off between Koslov and Santino. At least that should have won something. Laycool vs. Mae Young wasn't even really a match.

Reaction of the Year: Angry Miz girl: Was there really any one else that should of won this?

Holy Shit Move of the Year: John Cena (Attitude Adjustment to Batista from the top of a car): Cena gives the attitude adjustment to everyone off of cars, tables, ladders, you name it. Orton giving the RKO to Bourne in mid air should have won this.

Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year: Pee Wee Herman: I like Pee Wee, but Shatner signing the WWE entrance songs was classic.

Shocker of the Year: The Nexus: Was there anything else as shocking as this? Orton trying to kick Jericho in the head and McMahon kicking Bret Hart to the gut should have been categories to let down of the year.

Diva of the year: LayCool (battle royal): I'm really not surprised by this. I just don't know anyone can win diva of the year by a battle royal. Ask Maria what diva of the year means to her.

Moment of the Year: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 26:
This could be the same thing as match of the year, but clearly Michaels last match ever at the biggest stage of them all against the Undertaker was the clear winner here.

Most of the categories were too random to really care about. Edge gets a slammy for attacking a computer and Michael Cole gets a slammy for saying "And, I quote". I'm glad CM Punk received another slammy for being despicable. I guess the categories will change every year if they continue to do this. The Slammy awards show was ten times better than the crap we got last year.

There was a better audience, better categories, better winners, better presenters, and we didn't have a lame guest host like Dennis Miller stinking up the place with his right wing political banter. I still prefer the old Slammy Award shows the night before Wrestlemania, but I guess the Hall of Fame ceremony takes precedence now. A better show than last year. I'm not pleased with all the winners or categories, but it is an awards show after all.

Last night during the Slammy's, the Holy *censored* award went to Cena AA'ing Batista through the floor. I must say I was pretty pissed off. How can the WWE put that above an RKO reversal of an SSP? Now I know it was a way to set up Wade Barrett coming out to run a promo of his decision later in the night, but I mean seriously? That RKO was probably the best aerial counter ever since Shawn Michaels superkicking Shelton Benjamin. The crowd went wild.

like most WWE programing in 2010, last night's Slammy Awards were lame. The moment they announced John Cena as Superstar of the Year ( an I mean less than 3 seconds) I switched over to Conan. I know the "E" stands for entertainment but I was anything but entertained last night.

Last night I was pretty pissed with the outcome of two awards.
The first award being The Holy Shit Move of the Year Award which went to John Cena hitting a AA onto Batista through the stage. That is complete and total bullshit. NONE of the nominees even came CLOSE to topping the RKO onto Evan Bourne while he was going for a Shooting Star Press. When I saw that I really did yell out, "HOLY SHIT!" I remember talking to my friends asking them, "DID YOU SEE THAT?!? That was fucking awesome!" I never got so excited for a move. It was done perfectly and looks beautiful from ALL angles. This could have been a disaster Evan Bourne could have been seriously injured and the move could have been terrible, but everything was precise and it created a move that possibly won't ever be mimicked again. Randy Orton and Evan Bourne both got robbed.

And the other award had to be The Superstar of the Year Award.
I think this proves one thing that even though people argue that Randy Orton is the most over right now in WWE that John Cena is still the face of the company. I for one though didn't think that John Cena deserved this award. What has he done in 2010? All he did was battle Nexus for most of the year so why does he deserve it? Randy Orton in my opinion deserved this award. He has been hot since making his slowly, but surely change to Face and winning the WWE Championship. He gets the loudest pops every where he goes. The people go insane for the RKO and honestly this is Randy Orton's peak point in his career. I would even argue that Kane and The Miz had a better year than John Cena. Kane won the Money in the Bank, beat Undertaker THREE times in a row, and held the World HeavyWeight Championship since Money in the Bank. He has stepped his game up and delivers some bone chilling promos. The Miz Unified Tag Team Champion, United States Champion, Money in the Bank Winner, and WWE Champion has improved loads and at the moment is at the top as World Champion. One of the best on the microphone and decent in the ring. This award should have went to Randy Orton, The Miz, or Kane. In my opinion all three of them got screwed especially Randy Orton on this night!

Well, overall I was pretty pleased with the overall episode. It was pretty fast-paced for being a 3 hour show, even with the numerous GM email interruptions and blowhard acceptance speeches. I only have issues with two of the awards, which I will address after this...

The "Fan Reaction" Award was complete and utter genius. The fact that they actually found the (demon) girl, gave her the award, and had The Miz confront her was absolutely classic. I was about to fall out of my chair from laughter when Miz asked her to show him the face she had made, and then gave her his version of it. This is a sign that the "edgy" way of thinking Vince wants to take a PG show works. The fact that they were willing to single out an embodiment of their target (and key) demographic and make fun of her (and essentially other kids) is, for lack of a better word, awesome.

John Cena winning both the "Holy &%$#*(!!" and "Superstar of the Year" awards was sensible, considering recent booking. But the awards are supposedly covering the past year, from December to December. This past year was no doubt the year of Randy Orton. He dispatched two hungry young lions in Legacy, had near-blood feuds with both Edge and Sheamus, won the WWE Title, and dominated Raw until the whole Nexus-Cena mess started.

Not to mention he had the move of the year (with a little help from Evan Bourne), in an Air Bourne into an RKO reversal that is just one of those things you see once in a century. Move of the year, hands down.

First of all..I'm a little sad, because our cable went on the fray and I only got to see the first 3 minutes of RAW, and we didn't get our cable back until 5 minutes left of RAW. So I had to catch it up the next day on You Tube. But back to the results.

Shocker of The Year...Nexus invades RAW...of course, couldn't have picked a better choice. Either that or Miz cashing in MITB. But still a great all around choice that has touched EVERYONE in WWE in some way shape or form. It led to a very interesting match where Wade clearly mouthed a four lettered F word after getting a knife edged chop from Big Show.

Oh Snap Meltdown...Edge with the computer. Not only did it reunite him and Christian, but it also provided another gem of a quote from him "And I quote...Michael Cole is still a tool." :lmao:

Knucklehead moment...I can't say there were too many to choose from, but the Mae Young was pretty classic. I liked her speaking her mind, although glossing over it and saying Laycool beat Mae Young :wtf:. The only thing that kept my spirit up was the fact of how many times they replayed the quote of her calling Laycool the S and B word OVER and OVER for the Slammy show.

Diva of the Year...:wtf: A battle royale?? In the words of miz...REALLY? REALLY? McCool...I guess it pays to be married to someone with power. I'm just saying that enjoy the moment at this point, because look at the winner of last year's award. Maria...you can probably read about her on VH1's where is she now? Or should I wait to see you on the next Celebrity Apprentice? Maybe there should be some REAL say-so in the votes from the fans as to who wins? I think the diva part is just politicking in the office or strokes from creative probably.

Despicable Me Award... I LOVE that CM Punk won this one. Great choice, with his happy birthday singing. I'm a little shocked Cole wasn't up for this with his actions considering he cost King the WWE title the other night.

Holy #$%@ award...Cena FU-ing Batista off the car thru the floor? Really? Umm..somehow I think Orton countering that Shooting Star Press into an RKO would've been better, or having Orton nominated for RKO'ing Michael Cole would've been even cooler as well.

Just going to give my review of this Monday's Slammy Awards...

Shocker of the Year: I completely agree with Nexus winning this award. When they first came into the WWE as a group everyone was talking, everyone was shocked and everyone was most importantly interested. It’s one of those things that hadn’t really been done before on that type of scale. Nexus winning was a good choice.

Despicable Me Award: CM Punk winning is also something I agree with. When they showed it again on RAW I really wanted SES Punk back, he was so creepy in that segment with Rey’s daughter. Great promo and very deserving of winning the award, whatever despicable me is supposed to be.

Guest Star: William Shatner should have won this one, not Pee Wee Herman. His segment when he was on RAW completely bored me. I don’t know if it’s just because I have no idea who he is or wether he’s just that boring but I didn’t really enjoy it and don’t think he should’ve won. Shatner was classic and I really enjoyed his time on RAW.

Holy Shit Move of the Year: John Cena winning was a complete joke. How Orton/Bourne didn’t win for their combination of a shooting star press into the RKO is beyond me. It’s ridiculous to think Cena’s AA on Batista is better than Orton’s RKO but that’s just how WWE rolls I suppose. Hell, I’d even put Morrison and Kofi’s moves over Cena’s.

WWE Universe Fan Reaction: :D Classic, she most definitely deserved it. I loved that girls face when Miz won the WWE Championship.

Meltdown of the Year: I think Batista should have won this with his sooky quitting promo. I suppose the Edge flip out on the computer was entertaining enough though so I’m not too upset about this but I do think Batista quitting was very funny and a great way for him to go out. He should have won this award in my opinion.

Knucklehead Moment: Personally I’d go with Punk being unmasked but that’s just me. The segment with Mae Young and Lay-Cool was funny though with Young completely abandoning the PG world and calling McCool and Layla ****s :lol: I suppose it was a great moment, still I liked Punk getting unmasked a lot more.

Line of the Year: Whatever...

Diva: Whatever...

Moment of the Year: Undertaker v Shawn Michaels should have been in a ‘Best Match’ category though instead of moment of the year. I don’t really understand why there wasn’t a ‘Match of the Year’ award. Taker and Michaels put on an amazing 2nd WM match and they deserved to win if they have been put in this category.

Superstar of the Year: John Cena? Really.... REALLY?! I’m a fan of Cena’s and will usually back him up and defend him in arguments but there’s no reason why he should have won this award. Completely bull shit. I think either Kane, Orton or Miz should have won this for obvious reasons. Kane has had the World Title for a good while now and has looked dominant by beating Undertaker what, 3 times? Orton has been main eventing pretty much most of the year and Miz has built himself all year into being the WWE Champion. Cena hasn’t done that much since losing the WWE title earlier in the year and feuding with Barrett. He didn’t deserve this win, especially considering he was the winner last year. Shake things up WWE, don’t make things so fucking predictable.

Generally I enjoyed the Slammy’s but I wish they would make it legit categories that the WWE Universe vote for. The awards should be treated as real awards and not comedy props. It would draw if they were considered legit awards and would make all the more sense when someone brags about winning one. Hopefully next years are better and treated with more respect and legitimacy.

The only thing i was annoyed with was Cena as SOTY.

A) Storyline-wise he wasn't even employed by WWE at the time, so how can he win an award from them?
B) What exactly has he done this year? Fronted the countless 5 multi-man tag teams we've had against Nexus this year, and otherwise, simply been Nexus' bitch, whereas Kane on the other hand has had one of the longest WHC reigns in recent memory AND defeated the Undertaker cleanly 3 times in a row, something that no one has ever done in 20 years of undead dominance!

Or how about Sheamus? Another world title win plus KOTR AND he put HHH on the injured list for about 7-8 months!........ yeah, sorry, why did Cena win this again?

The only thing i was annoyed with was Cena as SOTY.

A) Storyline-wise he wasn't even employed by WWE at the time, so how can he win an award from them?
B) What exactly has he done this year? Fronted the countless 5 multi-man tag teams we've had against Nexus this year, and otherwise, simply been Nexus' bitch, whereas Kane on the other hand has had one of the longest WHC reigns in recent memory AND defeated the Undertaker cleanly 3 times in a row, something that no one has ever done in 20 years of undead dominance!

Or how about Sheamus? Another world title win plus KOTR AND he put HHH on the injured list for about 7-8 months!........ yeah, sorry, why did Cena win this again?

Cena made HHH tap out of the Elimination and then beat Batista clean three straight times when Batista was at the best point of his career. He had two of the feuds of the year with Dave and Nexus. He captained the team that defeated said Nexus at Summerslam and had some great promos after he was forced to join.

If this was a half year award, I can see giving it to Kane but he didn't really do anything until the MITB PPV in July I think it was. It took one man in Edge to almost completely undo and make me forget what Kane did to the Undertaker.

Other than putting out HHH and winning KOTR, Sheamus did nothing of note but have bad matches with Orton and a title reign that I don't even remember he had. I'll buy Cena being superstar of the year doing the way they did it rather than last year when they had matches to determine.

Cena made HHH tap out of the Elimination and then beat Batista clean three straight times when Batista was at the best point of his career. He had two of the feuds of the year with Dave and Nexus. He captained the team that defeated said Nexus at Summerslam and had some great promos after he was forced to join.

If this was a half year award, I can see giving it to Kane but he didn't really do anything until the MITB PPV in July I think it was. It took one man in Edge to almost completely undo and make me forget what Kane did to the Undertaker.

Other than putting out HHH and winning KOTR, Sheamus did nothing of note but have bad matches with Orton and a title reign that I don't even remember he had. I'll buy Cena being superstar of the year doing the way they did it rather than last year when they had matches to determine.

yea but he really didn't deserve it this year, i mean Kane was dominating smackdown before he won money in the bank and has been leading the show. for the past few months he's been smackdown. while cena has been sharing the show with nexus orton and miz(kinda) and like someone said he wasn't even a superstar when the nominees were made.
kane made history by winning and cashing in on the same night and he beat mysterio for it, then he beat him at summerslam, then he beat taker 3 times, he has had the longest title reign in sometime. beating taker 3 times is more impressive then beating batista.
and orton has lost like what, 4 matches, he even beat cena in a tables match. so even orton deserved it more. and kane has cut amazing promos before and after becoming champion. more than cena, cena has just had more recently lol
yea he made hhh tap, but that title reign lasted 3 minutes, and it shouldn't even count as a title reign, and even so sheamus took out hhh and held the title for a combined longer period of time this year.
truth is this was finally kane's year but of course th E has to start taking things away from him again
and cena won last year

Yea but he really didn't deserve it this year, i mean Kane was dominating smackdown before he won money in the bank and has been leading the show.

I wouldnt say he was dominating Smackdown before the MITB PPV. He lost qualifying matches to both CM Punk, and was eliminated by Rey the following week in a battle royal to qualify for Fatal Four Way. So Kane wasn't exactly winning matches until the MITB PPV. He was cutting great promos, but not winning matches.

for the past few months he's been smackdown. while cena has been sharing the show with nexus orton and miz(kinda) and like someone said he wasn't even a superstar when the nominees were made.

Uh, you do realize that the entire Nexus angle has been centered around Cena, right? Orton was a backdrop as the WWE Champion in his matches against Wade Barrett because of who? John Cena. As for the point that he wasn't a "superstar" when he was nominated, neither was HBK when he won "Moment of The Year", nor was Batista despite all of his nominees. Yeah, Kane has ruled Smackdown the last couple of months, but he was going nowhere before Wrestlemania, or the Undertaker injury, which happened in late May. Thats 5 months he was doing zilch.

kane made history by winning and cashing in on the same night and he beat mysterio for it, then he beat him at summerslam, then he beat taker 3 times, he has had the longest title reign in sometime. beating taker 3 times is more impressive then beating batista.

Yeah, he did, but it was a vulnerable champion who had just won his match and was attacked by Swagger after, so that argument really doesnt hold water. Kane's first victory over Undertaker was while Taker was still "weakened" from his vegetative state, the second was when Paul Bearer turned on Taker, and it took all of nexus and Kane to defeat Undertaker the third time.

As for Cena, he made Batista submit at Wrestlemania, beat him in a Last Man Standing Match at Extreme Rules, and in an "I Quit" match at Over the Limit. Much more impressive. Kane has had the longest title reign of the year, Ill give him that.

and orton has lost like what, 4 matches, he even beat cena in a tables match. so even orton deserved it more. More than cena, cena has just had more recently lol

You do realize that Orton was wallowing in obscurity for the first few months of the year as well, right? He was feuding with freaking Cody and Ted for the first 3 months of the year, then lost clean to Jack Swagger at Extreme Rules. Swagger's only clean title defense on PPV was against Orton. Orton wasn't pushed until Summerslam, and he was pushed strong at that, but he was a background figure in his own championship reign after he won the title. Who did he take a backseat to? Cena and Nexus.

yea he made hhh tap, but that title reign lasted 3 minutes, and it shouldn't even count as a title reign, and even so sheamus took out hhh and held the title for a combined longer period of time this year.
truth is this was finally kane's year but of course th E has to start taking things away from him again

Yeah, he shouldnt get credit for going through the grueling Elimination Chamber at all. What? I think WWE recognizes that as a title win, so thats all that matters.

Sheamus may have held the title longer(by a few days), but he had one of the most forgettable title runs Ive seen. He won the title due to Nexus interference at Fatal Four Way, and retained the title due to Nexus interference at Money In the Bank. He then retained via DQ at Summerslam against Orton, and lost the title at the next PPV to Orton. Not exactly a strong reign.

The truth is, it wasn't Kane's year. He had a good few months, but even the shine has been taken off of his championship reign due to the rediculous Edge/Paul Bearer angle. Kane looks like a weak and vulnerable champion. Cena had 3 successful title defenses against Batista, and then went on to have the feud of the year with Nexus. How in the world could Cena NOT be Superstar of the year?

Shocker of the Year: How was this not going to be the Nexus's first attack? Eight non-main event guys absolutely destroying the top guy just doesn't happen in the WWE. And it wasn't just Cena, everyone but the camera guys and Cole/Serena (who ran) got destroyed.

Despicable Me Award: It should've been Wade Barrett verbally castrating John Cena. :p

Guest Star: William Shatner should've won. It was just awesome.

Holy Shit Move of the Year: The only move spot that stood out to me this year was Wade Barrett kicking out of an Attitude Adjustment. I know people on the internet absolutely obliterate the hell out of that move, but it is put over like DEATH. Like you guy that move and you are going to DIE. Only 5 guys in the last 5 years have kicked out of that move before Wade. So, when it happened, it was all the proof anyone should need that the WWE has some high hopes for the tall Englishman.

WWE Universe Fan Reaction: The "NEVER GIVE UP!" kid from the Piper's Pit was my favorite of the year. It was just so bone chillingly awesome. And for Cena to acknowledge it was completely awesome.

Meltdown of the Year: Batista was the best. The visual of a 6'6", 300lb muscle-head throwing a temper tantrum is pretty amazing.

Knucklehead Moment: Don't know which I would pick

Line of the Year: That whole video package for this one was amazing.

Diva: Who cares?

Moment of the Year: Cena getting fired wins the cake for me. He sacrificed his career because it was the right thing to do. Say what you will about how it played out, but it took a lot of balls for the WWE to do this move.

Superstar of the Year: I don't see how this isn't John Cena. You give him a straw broom and tell him to make people it is a Swiffer Sweeper, he will make it the best Swiffer Sweeper on the planet.

Here is my list of people that SHOULD have won the Slammy Award

Most Annoying Catchphrase-Michael Cole with his saying "And I Quote"
(Do I really have to explain?)
Guest Star Shining Moment-Mike Tyson knocks out Jericho
(I really thought there was still bad blood from WrestleMania 14 and when I heard that pop....a moment to remember)
Knucklehead Moment of the Year-Santino gets outdanced by Vladimer Kozlov
(I thought Santino was gonna win and Kozlov was gonna beat him up and now they are tag team champs)
"And I Quote ..." Line of the Year-Anything CM Punk has said on commentary
Superstar of the Year-John Cena was a pretty good choice but Sheamus could have won or even Kane.So either of these three would have been good choices

Yes I know the Slammy Awards were last week, but after my extreme disappointment with the awards (I thought overall the show was good) I got to thinking...What award categories would I choose for the show?

Here is the deal, there are 12 award categories, some I made up and some from the past, none of them lame. I chose who I thought would be the right choices for the award and why...and I want everyone to do the same. I might work on a King of the Ring bracket too.

1) Best commentator - CM Punk. Yes he has only been on doing it for a few weeks, but he has made listening to commentators enjoyable.

2) Best Theme Song - Randy Orton. Voices by Rev Theory just seems to fit his character, especially when he went from Legend Killer to Viper and was a heel.

3) Rising Star - The Miz. In just a few short months he has gone from being a top mid-carder to WWE champion. He has been in some great feuds and it can only get better for him. He has also become the new WWE poster child.

4) Best Newcomer - Daniel Bryan. After all the crap when he got fired, all the years he's been around, this man has not let ANYTHING get in his way.

5) Lifetime Achievement Award - Bret Hart. Much respect for everything he has done in the last few years and returning to a WWE ring after 12 years, WHILE shaking Shawn Michaels hand and burying the hatchet.

6) Shocker of the Year - Nexus debut on RAW. This was hard but in the end when I watched that go down my jaw hit the floor. Shock was something that the WWE was lacking, and on that night almost every fan was excited to tune in the next week.

7) Best Finishing Move - Evan Bourne. Almost every finisher is a basic move or just looks weak. Bourne can get air AND hangtime. The first tim I saw him perform that move I was left speechless and I still get excited to see it.

8) Leader of a New Generation? - Tie between John Cena and Randy Orton. Both men are still in their prime and were the first of the new ME superstars to make the ME level.

9) Match of the Year - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at WM 26. Was their first match better...kinda. But that doesn't mean you can't try to do it again. But thats not what these two men tried to do. Even though you knew it would happen, it was a great way to send off Michaels.

10) Diva of the Year - Natalya. She came in and blew away all the divas. Even though WWE tried to make her a manager to start, she showed early on that she will be written in the books next to names like Sable, Trish Stratus and Mae Young.

11) Superstar of the Year - John Cena. Do I even need to give a reason.

12) OMG Moment of the Year - Randy Orton delivers an RKO to a flying Evan Bourne. Seeing this actually made me scream out OMG! Orton didn't just get up and RKO Evan...he caught him in mid air while Bourne was coming down from an Airbourne. I have seen Orton deliver some wicked RKOs, but never one as sick as that was.

So there you have it...12 Slammy Award categories, each with my picks. Who do you think deserves the awards OR who deserves an award from a different category not mentioned?

Here are mine:

1) Best commentator - Michael Cole. May not be the popular pick, but he has managed to get heat for the Miz and himself. He is a heel announcer and this is what they are supposed to do.

2) Best Theme Song - Sheamus. Could be because I am Irish, I just like the way it sounds.

3) Rising Star - Daniel Bryan. Fresh out of the indies, got fired, came back and became US Champ...skys the limit for this guy.

4) Best Newcomer - Wade Barrett. Great on the mic, good in the ring. Give him a little more time to develop and you might get a full fledged superstar. Top heel in the company right now.

5) Lifetime Achievement Award - Shawn Michaels. 20+ year career. 'nuff said.

6) Shocker of the Year - Nexus. WWE played this one right, from the beginning. Brought back shock value.

7) Best Finishing Move - Santino. The Cobra. May not be everyones favorite but it is entertaining to watch him do. Plus a jab to the throat could do damage given the fact that, well its your throat and there are nerves in the neck.

8) Leader of a New Generation? - Miz. With the influx of younger talent, one of them is the WWE Champion. It has to go to him. Wade Barrett a close second.

9) Match of the Year - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 26. Not as good as 25, but still stole the show.

10) Diva of the Year - Lay Cool. I mention them both because they act as one. They had several fueds and were the champions most of the year.

11) Superstar of the Year - Randy Orton. Not only because I can't stand John Cena, but he has put in alot of work this year with all the injuries to the rest of the main eventers. Plus he is a bad ass.

12) OMG Moment of the Year - Nexus attacks Vince/Bret. Who would've thought they would take on the owner and the legend. Not me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back