WZ End Of Year Awards: WTF Moment Of The Year

What Has Been The Worst Booking Decision Of 2007?

• Dead McMahon

• Henry Main Events Unforgiven

• Pacman Fiasco

• Hornswoggle Cruiserweight Title Win

• Batistas Frequent Title Shots

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
What booking decision throughout the year has had you thinking WTF, why would they book that? Vote Here.

What were TNA thinking when they hired Pacman? When the story broke I thought ''Who the fuck is Pacman?'' I'd never heard of the guy. But paying a man $25,000 an appearence to NOT WRESTLE, and to WIN A TITLE. Is one of the worst decisions of all time. They could have spent that money on making there entrance videos look more professional. Anything other than what they decided to waste that money on.

While these are five of the better choices this year, I think this one goes only one way again. We've seen Henry in a main event last year at the Royal Rumble, Pacman was merely TNA trying to pull some Tyson magic. The Cruiserweight title has been meaningless for years and Batista is sleeping with the Son in Law of the company, so him getting title shots is no surprise.

The Death of McMahon was a pure attempt at trying to get ratings in when they started to dip to 3.0's. It was dumb, illogical, and would have ended with a guy in the ring with a cloak on revealing that it was indeed Mr. McMahon killing Vince McMahon. Kharma's a bitch though. Sherry dies a week later, but instead of paying tribute to her, they make a mockery with a ten second in Memory of, and they don't change the story. Then Benoit happens. I just find it all too ironic.

I would have to go with Pacman Jones. Why in the world would TNA waste so much money on something so useless. He wasnt even allowed to wrestle. That money could have been better spent wiping Jarrets ass. And if TNA thought they could get a "big controverisal name" and raise the ratings they were wrong. People who dont watch football or even do might not have heard of him. I watch ocassionaly and never knew who the frig he was. To me he was some usless piece of garbage parading around TNA like he was a GOD being payed more than probably most of their own wrestlers to what? spary paint and make TNA's homegrown talent look bad. One of the worst decisons ever.....reminded me alot of the David Arquette wcw thing.

Good lord this has to go to TNA and them signing Pacman Jone, I mean seriously WTF!!!!, this has got to be one of the worst moves in TNA history, as Jake said you bring in a guy WHO CAN'T WRESTLE, pay him $25,000 an appearence, then give him a TITLE, what the hell?!?!?!, what are they gonna do next wait for Vick to get out of jail then put him in a feud with the Dog-faced Gremlin Rick Steiner, and then have him beat Rick by eltircuiting him and drowning him?!?!?!?, sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if they did:disappointed:

Yep, the Pacman fiasco. With Khali being the heavyweight champion this year, Henry main eventing Unforgiven didn't surprise me. Hornswoggle winning a belt that didn't matter didn't bother me much either. I also don't see how the death angle was that atrocious... or how it ripped off the Sopranos finale in any way, shape or form.

However, giving some footballer that I hadn't even heard of, and whose gimmick seemed to be "I'm black, I like only black people, and I can't act", and who also wasn't allowed to even wrestle if he could in the first place one of the most prestigious titles in recent history was a joke. Seriously, this belt had been held by LAX, AMW, Styles/Daniels, even 3D, and now it's with Team Pacman? Utter shit. I don't think there's a single person that, looking back, would say that was a remotely good idea.

I already forgot what I picked lol. I just read Dr. Sam mentioning Khali's title win which I'm just gonna go with that. It was tough to hear that Khali ended up becoming the World Champion this year. To be honest, I haven't seen SmackDown! since the week prior to Khali's title win. I kept hearing how Khali was getting heat for his poor abilities and how the WWE had to massively modify his matches because they were that poor and the rumors that Khali wasn't going to last long. With his bad reputation, I assumed the last person that would ever get a title win would be Khali. My impression was "WTF WERE THEY THINKING!"

While Khali's title run should be an option, if comes second to Adam "Crapman" Jones. Who was this guy? As has been said, bring in a guy who's contractually not allowed to wrestle, give him the gimmick of "I throw a football at my opponents then tag out" and then give him the TNA Tag Title? And then have him spray paint some of TNA's best guys, after Killings took them out. The only good thing to come out of that was the surprise Killings return after he was suposedly fired/quit. But the rest sucked. Big time.

I have to say without a doubt the Pacman fiasco. Talk about negative fan reaction. He was suppose to be a face, but they couldn't get the fans to cheer him for the life of them.

Most of it has to do with the fact that the TNA crowd knows almost everything about Pacman Jones, and he is a disgraceful human being. They might as well bring in OJ Simpson and see if they can get him over as a face.

Hornswoggle as champ was a distant second. Him winning the World Title will still rank behind Pacman ruining TNA for 6 months.

I had to pick the whole McMahon death angle. It was literally ******ed. Why stoop so low as to killing somebody to get your ratings up. It is a problem with your show not what is going on. He didn't need to blow himself up to get the ratings higher but he needed to higher better creative teams. This was just a stupid idea.

A close second for me would have to be Pacman Jones. The decision to give him the title and to not even wrestle was just amazingly stupid. This was just a dumb move by TNA. ANd thisiscrazy brought up a good point in saying they couldn't even get him over. Everything about him was just completely ridiculous.

I had to pick the whole McMahon death angle. It was literally ******ed. Why stoop so low as to killing somebody to get your ratings up. It is a problem with your show not what is going on. He didn't need to blow himself up to get the ratings higher but he needed to higher better creative teams. This was just a stupid idea.

A close second for me would have to be Pacman Jones. The decision to give him the title and to not even wrestle was just amazingly stupid. This was just a dumb move by TNA. ANd thisiscrazy brought up a good point in saying they couldn't even get him over. Everything about him was just completely ridiculous.

I think it was the whole he is a star in the media part, the guy was never a wrestler it gave the tna tag titles the whole david arquette feel to them, wwe would never be so stupid as to do something like this

mine was the whole vince death thing man that stunk bad but i still tuned in to see where the angle was going and im glad it went nowhere

Vince getting blowed up was definitely a WTF!? moment, it was either going to be a genius move by the WWE or a distasteful one, in the end it got scrapped due to the Benoit tragedy. It was a surprise to everyone so it deserves this award the most IMO.

Definately the 'death' of Vince McMahon. This put such a dark shadow over the industry, and I hated every minute of this storyline. A lot of people knew this was fake, but some didn't, especially with everything that was run on WWE.com. This could have upset a lot of fans. And just to get ratings up? I really see no need in this. The problem was with the show, and death definately isn't a way to get ratings up.

Dead McMahon - I was in attendance the night the limo blew up, and it was absolutely shocking. The atmosphere was amazing and I could read people's lips all over the arena asking "what the fuck?".

Pacman, because there's already such a precedent for celebrities in wrestling NOT WORKING.

For me, the dead McMahon angle has to go down as my WTF moment of the year. Mark Henry main eventing Unforgiven was purely because Taker returned. Pacman actually wasn't a surprise to me because TNA's booking has been so bad in the past 6 months, and with so many debuting this year I thought a celebrity would make an appearance.

Hornswoggle was a ''WTF'' moment but I got over after a couple of hours, as I thought at the time time someone would win it back off him later that month. The ''WTF'' moment was how he managed to hold onto it so long :blink:

And Batista's title shots were just expected. The last time he wasn't in a title match at a PPV, minus the crappy tag team main events at No Way Out 2007 and Armageddon 2006, was at The Great American Bash LAST YEAR!

Im goin with Henry main eventing Unforgiven. Why wwe waste so much time on this fat injury prone piece of crap whilst Kane sits at midcard level i do not know.

I went with Pacman being that well... It just made no sense. All it reminded me of was more WCW Booking. WCW=David Arquette TNA=Pacman. TNA continues to be thier own downfall.....Oh I am sorry I ment Dutch and Jeff are TNA's Downfall.

I voted for The McMahon Death Angle mainly because the angle was dropped so quickly and made them look stupid.

As for Pacman I believe it was a good move by TNA. Why? Well thats simple. TNA is a smaller promotion trying to become mainstream. Exposure on channels like ESPN, CNN, and more were definatly needed to help get their name out there. That angle gained TNA wrestling fans while the death angle just left WWE's current fans rolling their eyes.

Why is everyone saying the vince being dead angle. This would have been good if not for benoit going all crazy. You know you all would have turned in to see where this angle was going go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back