• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wyatt Family replacing The Shield as the Authority's Bodyguards!

OwenHart

Dark Match Winner
IMO "The Devil" Bray mentioned twice (replacing the stupid buzzards line) is none other than Stephanie.

I was very dissapointed with the way they brought Kane back. WWE again stopped a storyline with no obvious explanation. We all expected to see Kane coming back as part of the Wyatt family and be a real Monster again!

So why did they drop that? IMO they have bigger plans for Kane. He is impiortant to another storyline and the only storyline that is so big is the corporate storyline. We saw him give his mask to Steph and se raised it proud in the air. So he is controlled by Steph now. Sooner or later he will get involved in a fight with Big Show. Maybe Steph will bring him in to protect HHH. I was surprised that Kane didnt come out after Big Show came in and KO punched Orton.

And we all got the feeling that Ambrose saying he holds the only title that has the Shield left made both Reigns and Rollins look like they wanted to punch him in the face. So they hinted a possible Shield split. IMO its too early but i believe this is what WWE will be doing soon. I believe Reigns and Rollins will somehow turn against Ambrose and bacome face.

That means "The Authority" needs new bodyguards... And why not make the Wyatts replace the Shield?

Ofcourse the question would be why did they attack CM Punk? Because CM Punk is known to be an anti-authority rebel and they wanted to give him a sign that he has to stay out of their way and not get involved! Or something like that...

I feel Survivor Series will be a huge PPV.

All this could very easy lead to a BIG Survivor Series Elimination match. Imagine on one side Orton/Ambrose/Bray Wyatt/Kane/Luke Harper/Eric Rowan with HHH and Shawn in their corner and on the other side Bryan/Punk/Big Show/Rollins/Reigns/Big E Langston with Vince in their corner! Weill or something like that! Ok maybe it is too much! But i thought this would be interesting.

Ofcourse we could also have all this split up a litle. Big Show vs Kane in a singles match. Punk, Big E (or even someone like Ziggler) and Rollins and Reigns vs the Wyatts and Ambrose. And again Orton Vs Bryan.

Well considering Raw teased the Shield breaking up I think they will take there place because they need there push and the Shield are holding them back. I think now is the time to let the Shield go solo and let the Wyatts have a push. I'm not sure which one it is in particular but it is a McMahon/Helmsley controlling them

It's possible, though I see Triple H really as the "Devil" in this instance. Maybe it's because Kane has pledged his loyalty to Stephanie already that has me believing that, at least that's part of the reason. Another reason is that Bray Wyatt is a "Triple H guy" in that he came into his own and was given an opportunity to shine when Triple H took control of WWE's developmental program. The Shield are also "Triple H guys" as they also were given a chance to shine in FCW/NXT once Trips took charge.

At the same time though, I'm not sure if it's really a good fit for the sort of characters who make up the Family. The Shield have been all about "justice" and using "chaos" to bring about a sense of "order" in WWE. In this case, and under the twisted ideal of their idea of justice, they've aligned themselves with The Authority as The Authority represents the new status quo. The Authority is now "the system", if you will, and The Shield implements their brand of justice as part of and on behalf of "the system" in a somewhat similar way that police officers enforce the system of real world society.

The Wyatt Family, on the other hand, strike me as the type who openly embrace Anarchy, possibly even Nihilism in some ways, rather than order. Bray Wyatt is this Charles Manson themed, charismatic cult leader who walks the line between passionate backwoods preacher and sociopathic sadist. Harper & Rowan are two of Wyatt's followers that believe in his message and are the physical enforcers of that message. Also, look at how generally dirty the Family is. Erick Rowan with his sheep mask, the dirty coveralls, the bald head with the beard that makes Daniel Bryan look smooth as a baby's bottom and his physical size looks like the incarnation of a blue collar serial killer who should get his own movie. Luke Harper with his own thick beard, greasy hair with dirty wife beater & faded jeans that gives the impression that he hasn't bathed in 6 months, and solid 300 pound frame is the embodiment of the scary backwoods hillbilly stereotype. From a perspective of sheer physical looks, they all look like guys who'd fit in comfortably running around with guys like CM Punk & Daniel Bryan.

Also, Triple H & Stephanie are the two likely suspects as being this "Devil", but maybe it'll turn out to be Vince himself. In the coming weeks, if Triple H is asked about this in one of his sit down interviews with Michael Cole, Trips might deny any involvement and cite the attacks as a happy coincidence. When Vince pops up and the Family turns out to be aligned with him, then maybe they'll all three walk the path of the ultimate tweeners. During the Attitude Era, damn hear half the roster wound up being portrayed as shady and morally ambiguous men with no clear cut sense of right or wrong except in their own twisted logic. For me personally, THAT is a role that I have an easier time picturing for Vince instead of a traditional babyface when you look at all the awful things "Mr. McMahon" has done over the past 1.5 decades.

I think it would be awesome if this was all Bray's plan to take down "The Machine." He brainwashes Kane then tells him to give himself to Stephanie, then he attacks Daniel Bryan, who we know has history with the Corporation, and CM Punk, the rebel the fans adore. This is Wyatt's "in" with the Authority and he will burn it down from the inside out. That would be amazing. A heel, to a tweener, to the ultimate heel, then back to the ultimate tweener/face. If this is all part of a Wyatt plan rather than a McMahon plan then this story could be a too one for months

Ever think the "Devil" Bray keeps referring to may just be some voice in his head, I don't know if all of you have really been paying much attention to the Bray Wyatt character, but he's essentially a crazy fucker who has managed to convince some the weaker minded goons to follow him & do his bidding. I don't think the "Devil" Bray refers to is a McMahon, or a Heyman, or any actual real person, I think, & hope, it's just some crazy voice inside of Bray's head, sorta like a "Son of Sam" type thing.

That doesn't make sense to attack CM Punk though. Punk is the kind of character who doesn't really pick a fight with people but if they attack him or say something about him then he'll get involved. If they were going to keep CM Punk out it wouldn't make sense to have someone involved with the Corp interfere they could just pay a separate person to do it and keep him tangled in that. I'm going to say like I said in the other thread though I think/hope that the devil is AJ Lee

I don't believe they're done with the Wyatts/Kane angle just yet. Or at least I'm hoping they're not. Kane appeared like a broken man who now submits to a bigger picture. That kind of Kane wasn't around before Bray Wyatt came on the scene. He is obviously affected by what happened to him when he was "kidnapped".

As for the whole "Devil" thing, I believe it's just in Bray's head. Poking at this would be like poking at the "Follow the Buzzards" catchphrase. Who were the Buzzards? Will they make an appearance tonight? See? Not much credence in it when it's coming from a madman who also calls himself The Eater of Worlds.

If he calls himself that, calling himself Satan isn't that much of a stretch.

The Shield should continue doing Triple H's bidding. Attacking CM Punk doesn't really need an explanation. Neither did attacking Bryan, R-Truth, Miz, or Kane.

The Wyatt Family gives no fucks.

I don't think this would be a good move for the Wyatts or the storyline. The "devil" comment obviously made me think but if it isn't Heyman then it is just Wyatt acting as the freak he is.

If they were to become the bodyguards it would give them a purpose and something would have to happen with regards to The Shield. However, it just wouldn't make sense. Bray Wyatt is this enigma that has brainwashed Harper and Rowan so having him answer to Steph and Triple H doesn't make sense. That is why I think he is answering to Heyman or it is just a move to add to his character.

The Devil can be read so many ways but what if the devil is not as it seems. Think about the Wayatts fit into that mold of against the man and the structure so they should be opposed to Vince....

Now rewind to their debut and the first major name they target is KANE..perhaps they had been sent on a mission by the devil...in order to reawaken the beast in Kane

So they go along with the Corporation with Vince being the "devil" but at some point they are told to do something by a McMahon and Bray says NO. Vince/Steph/Hunter are irate and demand an explanation
They come out next week and say the Devil made them do it and Vince says I never said that
Bray says...You may be a Devil....but not THE DEVIL
Then lights out and the eerie GONG and the Undertaker and Kane stand with Wyatts

This leads to Brock being sought out by Vince to destroy the taker (after he rejects Hunters plea to let him do it)
Brock can come at Elimination Chamber and destroy Kane and say he fears no Devil for he is the Beast

I dont think the "Devil" is only in Brays head. He emphasized on it... He said it twice on the same night replacing the buzzards catchphrase.... I believe there is a real person involved. Well ... i guess we will find out soon.

Also Kane attacked Harper and Rowan... this is why it does not make sense that he is the devil or that he is still involved with the Wyatt Family in any way....

I reckon if there is indeed a 'Devil' and Bray isn't just talking nonsense, that said Devil will turn out to be Paul Heyman, who referred to himself as The Devil more than once at HIAC. I think that he makes more sense in the role than any of The Administration as the Wyatts characters are almost opposites to the likes of HHH ect.
That being said, I personally don't see what purpose a puppet master would serve to the Wyatts, as Bray fits that role perfectly and is the only mouth piece that the Family needs. I feel that introducing someone else in this role would only detract from the overall character of Bray and placed him into the role of second in command.

I'd prefer the Shield as HHH's enforcers. They fit that role better. Imo it's too soon to break up the Shield and they shouldn't split until the Authority angle is long over. The Shield break up should be its own independent storyline away from this angle.

The Wyatts won't fit as the Authority's bodyguards because putting in that role would force them to water down the gimmick.

Honestly thinking back, I'm thinking that Bray Wyatt's catchphrases are all part of a bigger picture.

He kept telling his opponents to "Follow the Buzzards". Especially Kane. Now look what Kane has done on Monday. He's aligned himself with the Authority. Could these be the "Buzzards" that Wyatt was referring to? It could be.

This leads to "The Devil made me do it." Several people could actually be seen as the "Devil" here.

Vince McMahon - probably the leading choice at this time since he's been away from TV for a while. Infuse him into the Big Show storyline and have the Wyatts and Kane eventually sneak in and take down the Authority. Very possible.

Paul Heyman - We all know his history with Triple H and CM Punk. However, I don't like the idea of the Wyatts being controlled by a greasy slimeball New Yorker. I doubt this is the case.

AJ Lee - So the Wyatts attacked both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, who both had a storyline fling with her. We also know that she's given Stephanie McMahon hell since becoming champion. Why not her be the hidden leader behind the Wyatt Family and have Kane infiltrate the Authority from the inside? This is one I wouldn't mind seeing, since both AJ and Bray's characters are a little crazy.

And finally, it could just be Bray himself. Preaching his message to Kane so he can take down the Authority. However, since the Authority didn't really start until after SummerSlam, this is unlikely, unless Bray "foresaw" this was coming.

Either way, I can't wait for this storyline to play out over the next few months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back