• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWF Attitude Era Raw?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Last year WWE did an "Old Skool Raw". It worked really well. I ahve also heard rumblings there could be a special one off Nitro show but what I would really like to see is an Attitude Era Raw from the late 1990s. Maybe they could remove the PG shackles for 1 night only...thoughts?

Ideally this would be my set up. I have gone for the improbable, but not impossible (TNA, deceased Wrestlers). Obviously the Cenas and Ortons would be on the show but I'll just stick to the Attitude stuff.

Commentators: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Mark Henry vs D-Lo Brown
Former Nation members. They also had a bit of history. A decent show opener.

Masked Kane vs Val Venis
Kane has to wear the Mask. Val can come out and do his "towel routine". Then get squashed.

Undertaker vs Gangrel
Gangrel had a great extrance. His vampire gimmick was pretty cool. Would be nice to see him go one on one with The Deadman.

In Ring Promo: Stone Cold, The Rock and Vince McMahon
Rock and Austin cut a promo on each other before turning on Vince and giving him a Stunner and a Peoples Elbow.

Main Event: DX vs The Nexus (HBK Special Guest Ref)
Triple H, X-Pac, Road Dogg & Billy Gunn vs CM Punk, David Otunga, Mason Ryan, Michael McGillicutty. The most dominant faction of the 90s vs the most dominant faction of today.

An attitude era Raw would be an excellent idea, but I'd throw in a Diva's match to even if it was as simple as Lita v Trish or preferably a bikini contest feauturing Sable, Torrie, Trish, Ivory, The Kat etc..

Also following interviews made by the outlaws and comments made especially about HHH i very much doubt they would be allowed to return even for one night

nice idea but i think it would be better if they did this involving the newer young wrestlers to see how they would perform under attitude era conditions.instead of just bringing back the attitude era stars for the night

it would be a great idea because the wwe will finally notice the ratings from the attitude era rise from the crappy pg-era. also to a poster above, it will be for ONE night only so no harm done on the younger talent.:lol:

it would be a great idea because the wwe will finally notice the ratings from the attitude era rise from the crappy pg-era. also to a poster above, it will be for ONE night only so no harm done on the younger talent.:lol:

nah i didnt mean to put them over or anything i just think it would be cool seeing all the new guys swearing and stuff lol obviously an apearance from the likes of stone cold and the rock would be good to

I actually agree, new guys should be used.

You could have guys from the Attitude Era taking on guys from the PG Era. Dolph Ziggler Vs Steve Blackman type shit. I mean, that would actually be funny to watch, Dolph standing there smiling and then WHAM. Hit right in the gut with kick from Steve Blackman.

Nice idea.

It's a great idea, and I'd certainly watch it. It would get some major fan reaction if only for the multitude of big names coming to participate. It could even further a few story lines/feuds in the process, or at least make some of the players look more or less dominant depending on the results of the matches.

I don't know if they'd be able to get Kane into the mask again, though. According to interviews, he's one of the people who really wanted to get out of that mask and is consistently glad he's no longer wearing it. I could see someone else paying homage to that masked character by coming out as an impostor on the other hand.

Also, I liked that you included Gangrel. I personally would love to see him go toe to toe with 'Taker.

I like this idea, but I don't see it happening. I would also like to make a few changes to your matches.

Mark Henry vs D-Lo Brown- I like this one for all the reasons you stated.

if we are going to bring in D-Lo, I say we bring back Al Snow as well, and I would take Kane out of the match against Val and have a fetal four way,

Al Snow vs Val Venis, vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Steve Blackman

I also wouldn't have Taker fight Gangrel. Even in Gangrel's prime he would job to Taker. So instead, I would have a Triple Threat Brood match.

Gangrel vs Edge vs Christan

I was thinking about having the brothers fight each other again, just because I love watching them wrestle, but I thought of something else to could include more of my favorites form at Attitude days.

Masked Kane & Undertaker vs The APA

All your promos are good, but if we're bringing D-Lo and Al back, hell let Mick Foley do a promo as well.

The DX vs. Nexsus match is cool, but you can't have a DX member ref. Hell why not let Mick ref, I always thought he have the coolest ref shirt, he could also do it at Mankind and have the mask. Then HBK can do a promo

Either way, cool Ideas and wishful thinking, but it will never happen.

this sounds like a good idea and something I would enjoy but even if WWE was to do an attitude Raw they porobably wouldn't have any actual matches between Attitude guys. Remember when they did the old school Raw, they didn't really have any old school matches, just a bunch of corny 2-3 minute spots and promos with the old guys acting like jackasses.

It's a good idea. It could be a one night TV-14 event that they would have to advertise as such. There could be some good matches and solid one nigth appearance, like the New Age Outlaws. This probably will never happen but we can all dream. I do have to say it is nice to be able to watch Raw with my 2 year old son right now and share the experience. I wouldn't be able to do this in the Atitude Era.

I'd like to see this but doubt it will ever happen, if it was too though id like to see it like this

kicks off the show with DX ,
Triple h Xpac road dogg and billy gunn imiatating The Nexus Or The Corre like they did a long time back with the nation of domination, this starting off an 8 man tag match between the groups,,

Edge Vs Christian
good match between these 2 , gangrel shows up inbetween the match and at the end claims to have made these 2 what they are, and eventully gets attacked by edge and christian.

The Hardys Vs The Dudleys
Doubt we would ever see this in wwe again seen as all four men are with TNA

The Undertaker and Masked Kane with paul bearer in corner vs Bradshaw Farooq and Viscera

And main event The Rock vs Stone Cold With Vince as special Referee
and after the match both rock nd austin hit vince with there finishers.

As someone who missed out on the Attitude Era, I wouldn't mind seeing this. As said earlier, it probably won't happen but I don't think it would be too farfetched considering an old school RAW was done and if this were a one night only deal. It would be nice to see some of the wrestlers cut loose in their promos and it could make for some interesting matchups.

nice idea but i think it would be better if they did this involving the newer young wrestlers to see how they would perform under attitude era conditions.instead of just bringing back the attitude era stars for the night

So, they are allowed to get jakked up on steroids, take unprotected chair shots, swear at each other in the ring, and have a swerve ending. And let someone give birth to a hand in the main event

Can't see Vince going for that one to be honest, as awesome as the Attitude Era was

It sounds good but having it "one night only" would just be kayfabe. I would deffinitely watch it in a nostalgic point of view. Even chuck in a first blood match or a hardcore match or some shit like that. But it will never happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back