• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Title Match announced for SummerSlam

.JoeY

"Joe! Joe! Joe! Joe! Joe"
Credit: PWTorch.com

The WWE website is reporting that the main event for this year’s WWE SummerSlam on August 20 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA will be John Cena challenging Edge for the WWE Championship. It states that the championship belt can change hands on a DQ. The announcement of John Cena facing Edge for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam is featured on both John Cena’s WWE.com profile and Edge’s WWE.com profile.

John Cena’s Profile:
The WWE Championship will be on the line when Cena and Edge meet at SummerSlam. However, this time if Cena wins, even by disqualification, he will win the championship as well. Will Cena finally be able to kill the Rated-R Superstar streak?

Edge’s Profile:
The WWE Championship will be on the line when Edge and Cena meet at SummerSlam. However, this time if Edge looses by disqualification, he will lose the championship as well. Will the Rated-R Superstar still be able to stay one-step ahead of Cena?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's been pretty obvious now that Cena would be facing Edge for the WWE title at SummerSlam this year, I just thought I'd post this for anyone who did not know yet, thats all.

When they said it can change hands even on DQ, right there you know that Cena is gonna win it....

ok for all the stipulations they come up with why make it stupid like this. cena and edge have had like 5 matches that werent stipulation, so finally they add a stipulation and its this crap. this cena/edge stuff gets old real fast.

cmiller9291 said:
ok for all the stipulations they come up with why make it stupid like this. cena and edge have had like 5 matches that werent stipulation, so finally they add a stipulation and its this crap. this cena/edge stuff gets old real fast.

But this will make it more of a wrestling match because, they need to win fair and square to order to win the WWE title.

i dont like the stip. it should be a streat fight or an i quit match or something

^ i agree. i mean do they think this stipulation is gonna draw. i mean we've seen the match on 4 separate occasions and its getting old

Dan1506 said:
Great SS is going to be rubbish.

Were not even in August yet and your already judging a PPV that has only one match announced for the card, and so far it's only one match and that one match is gonna be an intense match.

I bet that now someone (perhaps Christian) will smack edge with the chair and get Cena disqualified so Edge keeps the title, that would be quite a good bet.

sachintendulkar said:
I bet that now someone (perhaps Christian) will smack edge with the chair and get Cena disqualified so Edge keeps the title, that would be quite a good bet.

As Much as I would love to see that happen, I doubt it will, unless you replace Christian with Lita, then there's a likely chance that will happen at SummerSlam, and thus keeping the "Cena Haters" happy once again! :) lol.

i agree this match has been played out to many times.....i dont know if it is gonna turn out good but ill watch it....they have to know that the fans are most likely gettin sick of this cena edge feud so expect atleast something unexpecting at summerslam between these two to happen

this is getting really gay.john cena has faced edge ten times.i want cena to win because he is my favorite but edge should lose the title to somebody new and then cena should face them

Both Cena and Edge are not WWE championship material. And i will not watch SS if thats the main event, or maybe switch the TV off, when that match comes on.

To be honest...both title matches look like let downs on paper.

Batista vs Booker T & Edge vs John Cena

They do not make me particularly want to watch it but they should be speciality matches like Ladder of something, that would be amazing, Edge and Cena in a ladder match. But this no Dq is a crap stipulation

sachintendulkar said:
To be honest...both title matches look like let downs on paper.

Batista vs Booker T & Edge vs John Cena

They do not make me particularly want to watch it but they should be speciality matches like Ladder of something, that would be amazing, Edge and Cena in a ladder match. But this no Dq is a crap stipulation

To be honest as well, as long as I see Booker.T & Edge Main Eventing a PPV, like SummerSlam! a big PPV as well, then I'm happy because it shows that WWE is doing something right.

i think the edge cena fued is nasty. its kinda like triple h vs rock back in the day. edge is gonna be a champ a lot of times before his career is over, just like cena, but they do need to make this match some kind of special stip. being its summerslam

PauLwaLL50 said:
i think the edge cena fued is nasty. its kinda like triple h vs rock back in the day. edge is gonna be a champ a lot of times before his career is over, just like cena, but they do need to make this match some kind of special stip. being its summerslam

This match doesn't even compare....hhh and rock could still put on a better match than these 2. they are only about 36 and 34 respectively. This is not way past their prime. hbk is wrestling good matches at the age of 40. And they were far more talented than these two, the only really good matches edge has put on are ladder/tlc's. And hhh/rock at judgment day 2000 was one of the best non-wrestlemania match of all time.

so rock and hhh would be far better even now than cena/edge (despite wot u edge lovers/cena lovers think)

but i don;t think edge is main event calibre....ic title at best....hhh/rock still far better

they need to do a hell in a cell at summerslam between edge and cena. Cena is awsome in gimmick mathces much like jbl ....hence the jbl cena i quit match is probably one of the greatest gimmick matches ever. besides that would be a great cap off to the fued. Edge will keep the belt as he is to fued with orton and then hhh. hhh will win the belt and lose at wrestlemania to shawn micheals who will turn on hhh at the royal rumble.

hbk wont be a heel, i hate cena i just think there trying to make it like hhh vs rock never said it was as good. hell in a cell wouldnt fit them 2. it should be a single tlc title match

i wouldnt even mind seein john cena vs kane.....but we get cena vs edge again?????? this fued is old as hell.....why not have cena fued with orton??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back