WWE talent apparently released that TNA should sign.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
As we've been reporting in recent weeks, WWE is expected to release a lot of talent after the current European tour as part of the annual "spring cleaning" and cost cutting. In what appears to be the first casualty of this upcoming round of releases, WWE developmental wrestler Jackson Andrews has been removed from the roster page of the Florida Championship Wrestling website. Typically, this is a sign the talent has been released. Andrews had a very brief run on WWE television back in December as the bodyguard of Tyson Kidd on RAW, but he was quickly sent back to developmental.
-NoDq

andrews_lg1.jpg

For those that don't know Jackson Andrews, he's the guy Tyson Kidd was using as a body guard.

I've thought for a while that WWE could really use this guy. He's a legit 7'0er with the build of a bodybuilder, which is rare. He's probably bigger then Matt Morgan in height and build. I initially had hoped WWE would start a stable led by Ted Dibiase and Dibiase could introduce this monster heel, kind of the same way his father introduced The Undertaker.

I'm guessing the guy isn't great in the ring, but big men don't really need to be. He can always be taught and trained more, but you can't teach size and I think that's something TNA is going to need to be taken more seriously.

This guys size makes any stable a credible threat and from what I've seen of him in FCW, he doesn't look all that bad. I know people won't like the idea, because he's not some exceptional wrestler (vanilla midget) but I think this guy can be used well because his size is so impressive.

I think I would prefereably try and put a mask or something on him. Depends on what he's capable of, mic wise and all. But if I were TNA I would try and sign him if he came cheap enough and try and find something for this big man.

I'll be interested to see who else WWE releases. Other then him, I figure they won't release anyone I'd wanna see in TNA, but ya never know.

I don't think there is any question TNA tries to sign him. This is the type of guy Hogan/Bischoff would be chomping at the bit to get. I guess we'll see in 3 months.

TNA has enough green guys who have no business in the number two company. They should be focussing on the guys who are young and entertaining because nobody gets by on a great look anymore.

TNA has enough green guys who have no business in the number two company. They should be focussing on the guys who are young and entertaining because nobody gets by on a great look anymore.

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I look forward to the X Div being re-established. I was impressed by Sabin at Lockdown and I like the idea of Red in a mask, but I would cut someone like Brian Kendrick. He's yet to impress me in his TNA run.
And I'd probably bump Robbie E up to working with the bigger guys, He's not really X Div material.

Btw, thanks for getting me my 5th green bar and I hear ya loud and clear.

I think I would prefereably try and put a mask or something on him. Depends on what he's capable of, mic wise and all. But if I were TNA I would try and sign him if he came cheap enough and try and find something for this big man.

Funny you say that, I think I may have posted this here a while back, but he's a big Friday the 13th/Jason fan, and contacted me about getting a custom hockey mask that he could wrestle in about 4 or 5 years ago. I had no idea who he was at the time, and was happy to make him the mask - - a little different than I typically made them since he said he'd be wearing it in the ring - - and sure enough, a couple years later, I saw a pic of some ginormous dude wearing a hockey mask, Steve Slocum...

Funny you say that, I think I may have posted this here a while back, but he's a big Friday the 13th/Jason fan, and contacted me about getting a custom hockey mask that he could wrestle in about 4 or 5 years ago. I had no idea who he was at the time, and was happy to make him the mask - - a little different than I typically made them since he said he'd be wearing it in the ring - - and sure enough, a couple years later, I saw a pic of some ginormous dude wearing a hockey mask, Steve Slocum...[/QUOTE

That's awesome!

If that's the case and he does indeed sign with TNA, they might ask what his gimmick is and he might pitch an idea where he's a Jason Voorhees/Kane type evil heel(it just seems to naturally suit him.) He's so huge (probably 4 inches taller then Kane) that it wouldn't be hard for him to look scary with some type of creepy mask/hangmans hood.

And when I say mask, I definitely do not mean a luchador or ninja gimmick, that'll never get over.

But yeah, if I were TNA, my plan would be to try and sign this guy, put a disturbing but subtle type of mask on him, and push him as some indestructible evil force ala Taker and Kane. He wouldn't need to talk or even wrestler that great. Just build him up the same way Goldberg went through jobbers week after week. Also, I think once kids saw the guy they'd have an interest as well. Kids are into the imaginative characters.

Something like this.
slipknot.jpg

Nothing too over board or corny looking.
Then Set him up with some creepy music, have him no sell and destroy some guys like Amazing Red, give him a powerbomb/chokeslam, and you got yourself an impressive character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back