Who do you want TNA to sign?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well there seems to be a lot of good talent out there and the INDY fans would probably know best about that, so I wanted to start discussion on guys you think TNA should sign.

This question doesn't really apply too WWE because WWE's best guys usually turn out to be guys they create. The Cena's, Orton's and now Riley, Barrett, Sheamus etc. Anything unique about someone isn't really going to continue once they enter WWE because they're going to be watered down for a number of reasons (can't be a jobber and put on 5 star matches.)

In TNA, it's less about one mans vision and more about the individual traits of each wrestler's and guys like Austin Aries can break out by just being themself. TNA has always given people opportunities, but they gave the wrong people too much opportunity though I'm sure TNA might of been able to do a better job. Anyway, there's a lot less restrictions in TNA and if TNA did sign one of your faves from the indys/japan/mexico, they'd be able to be more of that character you already know and love. So who are some guys you'd like to see in TNA and who could help TNA get to that next level.

Right now, I think Kenny Omega is my top prospect. The guy has a good look and can wrestle. I don't know what type of deals Japan has for their wrestlers but if there was no chance of TNA signing him I don't think Mick Foley would of tweeted "someone needs to sign Kenny Omega." Btw, his hairstyle is awesome. I think Alex Shelley cutting his hair kind of ruined his image. A trim helps some, some it hurts.

I haven't seen much of him, but I'm sure Prince Devitt would be another guy TNA would benefit from having.

If WWE doesn't sign him, I think TNA should jump on the chance to hire Colt Cabana even for a couple of appearances while the iron is still hot. What could it hurt to pay Cabana double a regular appearance while his name is relevant.

It might also be a risk, but I kind of want TNA to sign Teddy Hart. He's a wildcard, but he has the type of personality that you could not overlook him and in turn couldn't over look the X Division.

I don't see any of the WWE releases really needing to be hired. Chris Masters has shown interest, but he'd debut the same time as Mr. Pec-Tacular Jesse Godderz. Godderz kind of uses the same gimmick as Masters (body is a master piece) and flapping their pecs. Though Godderz is probably a foot(exaggerating) shorter then Masters heh.

Other then that, I guess Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards but I'm unsure of their promo skills.

I'd like to add Bill Goldberg to the list, for obvious reasons.

Also, I forgot to mention Low Ki. Out of the four way match at DX, Low Ki and Aries impressed me the most. It was like they were having a match while the other two would provide aerial assaults. Jack Evans and even Ion aren't guys I'd like to see in one on one match ups, but they are good pieces for the X Division. I like how Evans is a perpetual interference in a match.

He looks pretty good. I never heard of him but he looks like a guy TNA could use. He kind of reminds me of Chuck Norris.

Norris begat Blackman. And ye, his creation was so great that the heavens sang and delivered him to the promised land known as "Titan Towers".

Two years later he was partnered with Al fucking Snow. HEAD CHEESE!

Tony Nese signed. TNA are keeping me pleased. Chris Dickinson from EVOLVE would be another, would love to see them try and poach Dragon Gate talent to add to he X-Division. BxB Hulk would go over rapidly as an X Division performer.

From the recently released names from WWE, Harry Smith and Chris Masters are top of the list. Masters showed great improvement on Superstars, his mini-series with Curt Hawkins were some of the best Superstar matches thus far. Harry has great technical abilities and is a big man, could do well, and Hogan is already acquainted with him.

Unrealistic names? Prince Devitt, Steve Blackman(Genuinely!) and Ultimo Dragon. Ultimo deserves one final run in a mainstream American promotion.

Tony Nese signed. TNA are keeping me pleased. Chris Dickinson from EVOLVE would be another, would love to see them try and poach Dragon Gate talent to add to he X-Division. BxB Hulk would go over rapidly as an X Division performer.

From the recently released names from WWE, Harry Smith and Chris Masters are top of the list. Masters showed great improvement on Superstars, his mini-series with Curt Hawkins were some of the best Superstar matches thus far. Harry has great technical abilities and is a big man, could do well, and Hogan is already acquainted with him.

Unrealistic names? Prince Devitt, Steve Blackman(Genuinely!) and Ultimo Dragon. Ultimo deserves one final run in a mainstream American promotion.

Alright, your the type of guy I wanted posting in this thread since you know the indy/japan scene. I know pretty much nothing about Japan and how their wrestlers are paid.

You say Prince Devitt is unrealistic - is this because Japan would never allow him to sing anywhere else and they'd be sure to outbid any offer made by WWE/TNA? I know that neither WWE or TNA would pay top dollar for a guy like Devitt because at the end of the day, he'd have to adapt to the WWE style and that'd probably take away from his greatness.

Aside from Devitt, how realistic is it to think of Kenny Omega signing with TNA or WWE? He seems to have everything going for him (in-ring, look, enough size) and of what I've seen, his mic skills are at least average.
He seems pretty at home in Japan right now, but is there a possibility we could see him on (inter)national tv in the future?

I thought it was weird that Harry Smith said just days after his release that he'd be heading to Japan. Can wrestler's compete in Japan before the 90 day is up?

Alright, your the type of guy I wanted posting in this thread since you know the indy/japan scene. I know pretty much nothing about Japan and how their wrestlers are paid.

You say Prince Devitt is unrealistic - is this because Japan would never allow him to sing anywhere else and they'd be sure to outbid any offer made by WWE/TNA? I know that neither WWE or TNA would pay top dollar for a guy like Devitt because at the end of the day, he'd have to adapt to the WWE style and that'd probably take away from his greatness.

Aside from Devitt, how realistic is it to think of Kenny Omega signing with TNA or WWE? He seems to have everything going for him (in-ring, look, enough size) and of what I've seen, his mic skills are at least average.
He seems pretty at home in Japan right now, but is there a possibility we could see him on (inter)national tv in the future?

I thought it was weird that Harry Smith said just days after his release that he'd be heading to Japan. Can wrestler's compete in Japan before the 90 day is up?

Prince Devitt is unrealistic for two reasons. One, he's one of NJPW's top junior heavyweights. He's also one of their top junior tag team performers, he's one of the most marketed wrestlers they have overall as they regularly place him on Pay-Per-View advertisements. They've pushed him thoroughly over the past few years and Inoki wouldn't want to see one of his biggest investments leave before he even enters his prime.

Two, Devitt said in an interview earlier in the year that he wouldn't sign with TNA, and that he'd prefer to join WWE some time in the future. He criticized the way certain wrestlers are used in TNA and said he wouldn't join because he doesn't think they'd use him correctly. He seems to dislike certain aspects of TNA, but this was around ten months ago.

I enjoyed Kenny's ROH work, he isn't one of my favorites but I enjoyed his matches. He's doing well in Japan due to everything you mentioned and I'd assume they're paying him well. Hes had a couple Championship matches lately and usually in Japan, getting a Championship match means someone above sees something in you.

As for the no-compete clause, I believe that only stands for working within the United States or for a United States broadcasted show, examples would be TNA and ROH although if they were lucky enough they could get permission; Ring of Honor has in the past I think. Technically Harry could go in Japan but really it depends, that rule has never been fully clarified.

Well they signed the actual nWo and Eric Bischoff and that hasn't exactly killed the company yet. So they should just say "fuck it" and sign some actual cancer.

I'm not sure how I feel on TNA signing Mark Haskins, Jesse Sorensen, and Anthony Neese so far. Haskins looks like he's getting ready for every bump like 10 seconds early. Doesn't seem to be smooth in the ring at all.

I'm torn on the X Division right now because I want everyone to be like Daniel Bryan/Austin Aries/AJ Styles in the ring and less like Jeff Hardy/Shannon Moore.

Also, I've recently become a fan of chops. Some wrestlers throw shitty punches and chops can make up for it. Also it seems like a lot of the best best in-ring/technical wrestlers used chops like Flair, Benoit, Guerrerro, HBK. Bret Hart and Kurt Angle are the only two of the great 90s Heavyweight WWE wrestlers who I can think of right now that I never seen them chop much.

I guess X Division is at it's best with a good balance of stiffness, aerial assaults and technical prowess.

I still don't even know who Mark Haskins is.

He wrestled Doug Williams at Destination X where he had long blond hair. Last night's Impact he had long brownish hair and he was second in the gauntlet up against Alex Shelley and he BEAT HIM!?! He hit him with like a modified(no firemans carry) GTS. He also wears a pair of ugly platform-looking white shoes/sneakers.

Btw, are you (Dragon) from the UK? I think Haskins is from the UK as well.
Also, it's nice to see TNA doing well in the UK.

Paul London.

Put him and Kendrick back together and the could inject some life into the tag division (I'd love to see them against the Guns)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back