WWE Summerslam: Stephanie McMahon VS Brie Bella

The Brain

King Of The Ring
We all suspected it and now it's official. Stephanie McMahon will wrestle Brie Bella at SummerSlam. I know most of us that post on discussion forums prefer a certain style of wrestling and Brie Bella and Stephanie McMahon don't exactly fit into that style. Say what you want but it's hard to deny this is one of the hottest angles going in WWE right now. The crowd is eating it up. I think we can all admit that pro wrestling is a soap opera and sometimes you have to put athleticism aside in place of some over the top drama. I'm not expecting much in terms of action but the drama and crowd could make up for it. I encourage you all to have an open mind and try to enjoy this for what it is. Maybe we'll even get a surprise appearance from Daniel Bryan.

This is going to be a trainwreck of a match. I am a fan of both but I really can't see a good match out of the two. Then again Diva matches are usually just crowd breaks with little significant moves anyway. The added drama is an improvement of the usual female match quota in PPVs.

I have a feeling they might add a stipulation to include Nikki in the match. Unsure which way they would go with that. Either Brie loses and both Bellas lose their job or have Nikki be the special ref and have to decide between her job or Brie's.

Idk, I've always been a fan of S.Mac (nobody? oh well), and she does seem to be in some of the best shape she's ever been in out there. One might think someone in her position would call the shots on a ring return and be sure to at least be able to execute a few moves.
Brie and her sister come off, to me, as two of the least believable wrestlers to ever pick up a microphone. I don't find them interesting, and unfortunately, both women in this match have always needed to be carried through their time in the ring.

There is always the hope, that with majorly talented spouses, they might train and pick up some techniques. Bets will probably steer toward it being a disaster, but here's hoping they surprise us.

This is going to be a trainwreck of a match. I am a fan of both but I really can't see a good match out of the two. Then again Diva matches are usually just crowd breaks with little significant moves anyway. The added drama is an improvement of the usual female match quota in PPVs.

I have a feeling they might add a stipulation to include Nikki in the match. Unsure which way they would go with that. Either Brie loses and both Bellas lose their job or have Nikki be the special ref and have to decide between her job or Brie's.

I think that there are a couple of things they can do to make this match a big deal:-

1) Add a stipulation. Maybe a Streetfight. But maybe something more relevant to their actual feud. Since Steph keeps reminding Brie that she quit, maybe the stip is a Divas "I Quit" Match.

2) Add the husbands to the match. Steph should say that Triple H will be in her corner for the match. Brie counters the next week and say that she has someone in her corner the next week. Everyone thinks it is Nikki, but Brie shocks everyone and announces that in her corner is- her husband, Daniel Bryan. YES! YES! YES!

By having Triple H and DB at ringside, it includes them at "Summerslam", and makes the match a bigger deal, since people want to see if Triple H and Bryan clash outside the ring. Bryan can also pump up the dull bits of the match by cheering "YES!" "YES!" "YES!' and the crowd will say it back, getting the WWE Universe involved and caring about the match.

3) Stephanie needs to cop a bit of punishment during the match. Everyone wants to see Steph pay, so have a long spot in the match where Steph is getting beaten down, even if she ends up winning, as this will liven the crowd.

4) Have Bryan come on "Raw" and pump up the match. Make the fans care about what Brie does in the match, by pumping up the fact that she is D-Bry's wife, and a win for her is a win for Daniel Bryan against the Authority.

Uggh, an actual women's match that'll likely be given time. What year are we in. 2005 or some shit. Does this mean we'll get two women's matches on the show? Fuck you, WWE!

I don't care how well booked this match is. It's Stephanie McMahon (who I'll always hate) and a Bella. I'm out.

Wasn't there a match scheduled for Stephanie a few years ago, one in which it appeared she would actually have to mix it up with someone.....yet, at the last minute, someone else wound up fighting for her?

If they plan to make this an event, I want she and Brie to tangle for real (within the confines of the pre-scripted design, of course). When we saw Steph uncharacteristically wearing jeans last night, I thought it was going to happen right then, but since it didn't, they need to deliver at the PPV.

For all the criticism on this forum for the Bella twins as wrestlers, I think they're pretty good ring workers, and it will all be on Brie to lead Stephanie to a decent contest, not that we're expecting a classic wrestling match.

But if they build this with time-consuming promos all the way to Summerslam just to have someone knock out Brie in the dressing room before the fight, there are going to be some disappointed fans.

I think that there are a couple of things they can do to make this match a big deal:-

1) Add a stipulation. Maybe a Streetfight. But maybe something more relevant to their actual feud. Since Steph keeps reminding Brie that she quit, maybe the stip is a Divas "I Quit" Match.

2) Add the husbands to the match. Steph should say that Triple H will be in her corner for the match. Brie counters the next week and say that she has someone in her corner the next week. Everyone thinks it is Nikki, but Brie shocks everyone and announces that in her corner is- her husband, Daniel Bryan. YES! YES! YES!

By having Triple H and DB at ringside, it includes them at "Summerslam", and makes the match a bigger deal, since people want to see if Triple H and Bryan clash outside the ring. Bryan can also pump up the dull bits of the match by cheering "YES!" "YES!" "YES!' and the crowd will say it back, getting the WWE Universe involved and caring about the match.

3) Stephanie needs to cop a bit of punishment during the match. Everyone wants to see Steph pay, so have a long spot in the match where Steph is getting beaten down, even if she ends up winning, as this will liven the crowd.

4) Have Bryan come on "Raw" and pump up the match. Make the fans care about what Brie does in the match, by pumping up the fact that she is D-Bry's wife, and a win for her is a win for Daniel Bryan against the Authority.

The match is already a big deal for a diva match. What I was referring to is this match will have very poor quality considering Steph isn't a wrestler and Brie wasn't the best anyway and has been out of the ring for a few months now. But that isn't that much different from most 5 minute Diva matches on PPVs anyway. I hope this is a one match only thing and not a drawn out feud to save us from having 2 Divas matches per PPV.

I'm actually very interested in this match. I really don't care if the match isn't some brilliant technical masterpiece(it won't be). The angle has been good, the crowd interest is there....they can pull off something good. Just tell the story and make it entertaining. Vince couldn't wrestle a lick but put on numerous good matches that were part of great angles. Hell, Stephanie even pulled it off herself a few times back in the day.

I'd much rather watch a match from females who "can't wrestle" but are pulling off a good angle, than a nondescript so-called "good" match between two cookie cutter men with an angle that gives me no reason whatsoever to care.

I doubt this will be a wrestling match as some people seem to be expecting. I'm sure the WWE know that a wrestling match between these two would stink up the joint. No, I think this will turn out like a typical Vince McMahon match - with lots of interference from heel divas for Steph, Stephanie changing the rules and adding stipulations during the match to benefit her, a screwjob here and there, and the babyface coming out on top in the end. This one is gonna be all drama and I bet the crowd will love it as they have the build up so far.

I doubt this will be a wrestling match as some people seem to be expecting. I'm sure the WWE know that a wrestling match between these two would stink up the joint. No, I think this will turn out like a typical Vince McMahon match - with lots of interference from heel divas for Steph, Stephanie changing the rules and adding stipulations during the match to benefit her, a screwjob here and there, and the babyface coming out on top in the end. This one is gonna be all drama and I bet the crowd will love it as they have the build up so far.

Stephanie has been absolutely brilliant in getting heat, to the point where people are actually rooting for the Bellas! The Bellas are absolutely horrible babyfaces, completely unlikable, and really have no idea what they are doing(see them shouting over AJ's "pipe bomb") so for them to be part of a hot angle.....props to Stephanie! Well done!

Stephanie has been absolutely brilliant in getting heat, to the point where people are actually rooting for the Bellas! The Bellas are absolutely horrible babyfaces, completely unlikable, and really have no idea what they are doing(see them shouting over AJ's "pipe bomb") so for them to be part of a hot angle.....props to Stephanie! Well done!

Steph was actually a pretty decent in ring performer when Divas with talent were in the WWE. I think that just about everyone knew that she'd be the one carrying this feud about 99% of the time, the other 1% was Nikki Bella's nipslip.

The final result is Brie on top, probably with Bryan coming out to save her or some stupid shit like that. Steph will get squashed because she's her Daddy's little girl, and she knows what it takes to get these terrible Divas to look relevant.

In terms of actual storytelling this is the hottest thing going yet.. When was the last time,a Divas match had so much steam behind it? Maybe Trish N Lita? Granted yes,this wont be a five star match no one expects it to be..

I wouldn't mind the husbands cornering their respective wives. Problem is though,typically fights break out and Daniel Bryan to my knowledge is not even cleared to take even the slightest bumps..

But this Divas match yes probably wont be the classic,its the story that is building this feud,not the match.. I totally expect Brie to go over maybe in a Stipulation I Quit Match..

Stephanie has been an absolute genius in generating Major heat.. No one has ever rooted for the Bellas,but most of us are in this match.. The Bellas are about as entertaining as a shoe,but Steph will and has made them look like the poor victims! Well Done Steph

The glaring problem with Stephanie VS Brie is the match living up to the hype. This isn't some random filler women's wrestling match. WWE is taking the time to and putting a good amount of effort into building Stephanie VS Brie as one of the featured marquee matches at Summerslam. You have expectations now, and I'll be shocked if Brie and Stephanie deliver a strong match to justify the hype. Maybe we'll see a few training videos with Triple H preparing Stephanie for the match to help build Stephanie as a legit threat, but I'm still uneasy about the quality of the match.

Still, the live crowd's response to this feud is surprising. You could barely hear the "this is awful" chants last night, and the overall response to this feud is positive, with the crowd relentlessly booing Stephanie and cheering Brie. I know Brie and Stephanie take a lot flak, but you have to believe someone is doing something right, when you consider the response from the live crowds.

Considering all the personal jabs from Stephanie and her never ending mission to torment Brie and Nikki, the match should be physical. Nothing too brutal of course, but with all the built up tension and hatred between the two, you have to expect a fierce fight. My guess is they'll go with a brawling style, but a more realistic brawling style, not the rolling around on top of each other, while pulling each other's hair and slamming the other person's head into the mat cat fight brawling style.

Of course Brie wins to complete the redemption story, and she celebrates with Nikki after the match with a crowd full of Yes!" chants.

I honestly think Stephanie wins.

The seeds have been planted for a Nikki Bella heel turn. She has had Stephanie tell her this is all her sister's fault that she was in these handicap matches as she no longer had a partner, and now Stephanie has given her a raise, I think Nikki costs her sister for putting her husband first over her sister.

Also, Stephanie has already been humiliated with the whole arrest storyline, this is the redemption that I think Brie will get. Stephanie wins, and Brie moves on to Nikki, before eventually beating Stephanie a few months down the line ala Punk/Heyman last year.

I honestly think Stephanie wins.

The seeds have been planted for a Nikki Bella heel turn. She has had Stephanie tell her this is all her sister's fault that she was in these handicap matches as she no longer had a partner, and now Stephanie has given her a raise, I think Nikki costs her sister for putting her husband first over her sister.

Also, Stephanie has already been humiliated with the whole arrest storyline, this is the redemption that I think Brie will get. Stephanie wins, and Brie moves on to Nikki, before eventually beating Stephanie a few months down the line ala Punk/Heyman last year.

I could see the Nikki heel turn. Brie could have asked for a handicap match herself with her and her sister facing Stephanie but she didn't.

I wish the Divas title was involved in this but unfortunately, this feud is overshadowing Paige/AJ storyline.

Stephanie is absolutely fantastic, and is carrying this feud. She's the best heel in the company, hands down.

Brie really is not doing a good job of being the sympathetic face. She's so annoyingly terrible. It's only because Stephanie is such a great heel that people are cheering for Brie.

During the contract signing, Brie had the chance to step up and deliver a strong promo.....and she really didn't. Then Steph showed her how a pro does it.

Stephanie has done a great job with this feud. I absolutely loved Steph slapping Brie and telling her she would make Brie her bitch. Very much looking forward to Steph getting back in the ring. Brie goes over here with Daniel Bryan's help I am guessing. This has been the most entertaining feud for me as of late.

If this is going to end at SS, then Brie wins. That said, I don't think it is ending at SS. But also, Steph isn't going to wrestle regularly, so I'm calling the Nikki heel turn. As of right now, there's no stipulation of "lose and get fired", so Steph winning by interference from Nikki is no big deal and transfers the feud to an active performer.

The biggest hint to me that Stephanie goes over is the last line of their promo video where Stephanie says "At SummerSlam I'm going to tear your heart out."

This shows Stephanie has a plan, whether it be the Nikki heel turn or something else.

20140728_LIGHT_HP_SS_matches_StephBrie_1.jpg

Ughhh.... The moment that this match begins I will immediately head over to the pantry to grab a bag of Wonka Randoms gummies. I'm not looking forward to this at all. It could be worse I suppose, at least Brie Bella is not in a Divas Championship match. I'm calling it right now though.... This will be the worst match of the night, hands down. I have no problems with Stephanie McMahon working a match again. She's carried this entire feud. Brie Bella SUCKS. She cannot wrestle and she would never be getting this push if she wasn't married to Daniel Bryan.

The addition of Bryan's trainer to this storyline on monday made this feud turn from annoying to crigeworthy. It's approaching "Claire Lynch in TNA" levels of idiotic, and the ironic part is that the trainer even looks like Claire Lynch. The sooner this disaster ends the better. Let Brie get a few moves in, before Stephanie hits the Pedigree to end the match. She then proceeds to brag, Brie gets sympathy for Daniel Bryan for when he returns, and the trainer fades into obscurity never to be seen or heard from and her comment on Raw about Bryan is never mentioned again. This will sadly probably go on second to last in between two bigger matches such as Ambrose VS Rollins or Orton VS Reigns and Cena VS Lesnar. I'd rather it be on the pre-show or very early in the evening, but that is doubtful. Either way, the feud needs to end here. The less we see of Brie Bella "wrestling" (in quotes since she cannot wrestle whatsoever) on PPV, the better.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Stephanie McMahon will defeat Brie Bella.

I can't believe I'm saying this but this was one of the more entertaining match of the night. I was expecting a trainwreck of a match but both Steph and Brie kept it simple and work within their limits. Sure it was almost a walking pace but that's fine since it reduce the risk that either of them would be gassed. Even if the pace was slower, there were rarely a lull in the action. One of the few times a non-wrestler in a main event match isn't a disaster.

Steph looked better than a majority of the WWE diva's roster. That was amazing. The funny part is she made it look too easy.

I wonder what Steph whispered in Brie's ear after the pin. I'm guessing "Good job" or "You were great." Something along those lines since Steph brought the best out of Brie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back