Report: WWE Officials Confused About Brie Bella

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Apparently, according to a WON report, WWE officials are a little stymied about Brie Bella right now. They're disappointed and confused as to why Brie isn't getting over as a babyface and why she didn't get more sympathy from the fans this past Monday on Raw.

Seriously? They don't know why she's not getting over and why she isn't getting sympathy? I should think that some of the reasons why are glaringly obvious.

1. Brie doesn't have her own identity as a babyface. - For practically her entire career in WWE, Brie & her sister Bella have portrayed heels with the personas of stuck up "mean girls" who view themselves as being better than everyone else. Since turning face, WWE hasn't bothered to really develop any sort of persona for Brie other than the fact that she's Daniel Bryan's real life fiancé. It's not enough to get her over in this case because there's not really any degree of interaction between Bryan & Brie on-screen. Now personally, I don't want to see Brie all over a Daniel Bryan angle myself. What people remember about Brie is that she's portrayed a stuck up bitch for years. I think if they want to develop sympathy for Brie, thereby generally getting fans behind her as a babyface, they need to do something to make her seem sympathetic. In my opinion, I think fans would develop sympathy for her if Randy Orton "hurt" her. I'd say there'll be some sort of final confrontation between Bryan & Orton in the ring this coming Monday, maybe even with Shawn Michaels there as well. It could result in a brawl in which it looks like Orton has an advantage, and Brie tries to break it up by pulling Orton off Bryan. Orton is focused on Bryan and thinks that it's HBK trying to insert himself into things and blindly lashes out with an RKO on Brie. While Bryan is recovering, Orton sees what he's done and maybe smiles about it or something. Who knows, maybe he even decides to set Brie up for the punt but Bryan recovers, hulks out and goes rabid on Orton. I doubt that it'd happen, but I think that people would react sympathetically to it. After all, few things generates sympathy for a woman like the sight of a big ol' man hitting her.

2. WWE has taught fans not to take the Divas, as a whole, seriously. -Pretty much the first sentence says it all. While things have genuinely gotten better over the course of the summer, and hopefully will continue to do so, WWE has spent years convincing viewers that women's wrestling is an irrelevant factor in WWE's product. The VAST majority of those years, WWE has essentially sent the Divas out into the ring to prance around in skimpy outfits and wrestle matches beyond meaningless. The only way this perception can be changed is with the passage of time and consistent effort put into developing the Divas on the main roster.

I dont know why WWE doesnt know why she isnt over. Aren't they employed there?Aren't they supposed to be smarter than your average joe?Hence why they're in such a position?

I mean how can they not know?Brie & and Nikki have been the same character since their arrival.And now cause of Total Divas we know Brie is the more "stable" one and Nikki is the "bitch".

Now they throw her into a feud with AJ when she was just having a feud with Natalya that could have led to a series of better matches than what Brie can put on, and expect her to just be instantly over?

Another thing, she is not charismatic, she is not an attention grabber.Her voice and her sister's is annoying as hell ( especially when they start screaming, o lawd sweet baby jesus, deliver me from screaming bellas, unless they're in my bed doing that ).....O srry that escalated a bit there.....

Brie is a clear example of how "being" with the right people gets you TV time + she is also on total divas.I dont really care for the bella twins, I'd much rather see Fox/natalya/tamina/AJ/Ivelisse Vélez ( ahem )/and girls liike that get TV time.

Bellas would have their place but putting Brie in a forced spotlight just highlights all her disadvantages.

And as Jack-Hammer said, WWE has spent so much time telling people though their actions that divas aint shit that people will not want to invest into characters that they know will flop ( hence why im in a very neutral place when it comes to Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt atm ) and they are much better off going to the bathroom or just changing the channel.

I like what Triple H has done since he's gotten more responsabilities, but he seriously need to go balls deep when it comes to the divas division.He needs to make some good feuds happen and have some girls that can put on a decent show in the ring and give them more than 2 minutes per match. ( im fkn sick of random fandangoo matches and random santino marella and khali matches ).

Bella twin's suck simple as that, maybe they should tell nikki to stop giving face's the L symbol, for example naomi pinned kaitlyn, and nikki gave kaitlyn the l symbol calling her a loser, maybe that's why we ain't sold out, nikki bella is obviously the worser twin, she's terrible, but at the same time brie sucks badly too, why waiste time on them? there only reasons there being pushed is cause of daniel bryan and john cena, well does this mean if randy orton starts dating a diva she can be no.1 contender? kinda make's me think. wwe does'nt care about their diva division so why should we? i like the diva's but the diva division is terrible aj, katlyn, alicia fox, layla el, and aksana are the only 5 i would keep.
wwe may be wondering how can we get brie over, here's the obvious choice, don't bother on brie, push someone else. if someone don't get over de push them, and go to the next one in line, instead of trying to trick us wwe fans into liking her, she's not worth the effort or time. instead of pulling a del rio on her, which means endless chance's to get her over, which by the way del rio still isn't over, wwe can not force anyone on us, if we're not sold on it, we just will still be silent. my plan is simple fire bella twin's!

I keep thinking the WWE braintrust believes that "everyone" has watched the reality show and has come to know the Bellas' as individuals; good people in their personal lives and trying their best to make it professionally.

That's fine, but the premise may be wrong. How many hardcore or casual wrestling fans (many of whom can't stand the diva division) are watching the damn show? I admit to viewing a couple episodes, simply because I knew the people involved, unlike most reality programs. I found it sort of nice to see them in their non-wrestling lives, but it wasn't the type of exposure that was going to make me see them any differently once they're in the ring.

The idea of Randy going after Brie is a good one, but isn't the Bryan-Orton program almost over? Of course, if they're that anxious to cast Brie as a face by pitting her against a heel, I can't think of anyone better than Randy Orton for the task. He looked like a total creep approaching them a while back, which is what was intended (I hope).

But, as to WWE's consternation about Brie's good girl persona not taking, they should realize that the only way to make it happen is on Raw or Smackdown. They shouldn't presume everyone is following the show on Lifetime and transferring what they see to the main shows.

NOTE: All of this might apply in other ways, too. For instance, when did the Bellas' and the Funkadactyls become friends? I saw them working as a team the other night on Raw. What caused it? I presume it has something to do with the reality show......but that's the point; if you don't watch it, how are you supposed to know?

:lmao:

From what I have seen from the excerpts of the show, and the 5 minutes of it I saw when it was on in a sandwhich shop, both the Bellas are streotypical, cunty idiots.....and have done nothing to portray themselves as anything else on any of WWE's wrestling program.

WHY DIDNT PEOPLE FEEL MORE SYMPATHY FOR ORTON AFTER BRYAN JUMPED HIM?!?! I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!!!

Not only that, but in this era, where a portion of the audience likes to cheer for who they view as the better performer, Brie is not going to be taken as the favourite over AJ who is leagues better. The Bellas are, and always have been, awful in the ring. They weren't built to be in-ring competitors clearly and they either haven't tried much to improve that or can't over their tenure. The bitchy, sleep-to-get-to-the-top persona they have carried on air for a while has been carried over by Total Divas, not disparaged as WWE might think. Almost nobody benefits from having their life closely scrutinised. Even if the content is written in, it comes across as realistic and it's important to remember that's the impression they give off.

More importantly, Brie hasn't even been anything more than a bit-player in the division for her entire time. She's like a Kofi Kingston of the women, and I wouldn't blame people if they didn't think Kofi Kingston doesn't deserve a title shot at Randy Orton. They would need to build her to the point where she looks eligible to challenge the most significant woman in the last x amount of years AND her personal, daughter-of-a-HOF-er, bodyguard. They definitely haven't done that, but more to the point, I don't know if, given the raw material you're working with, a Bella, that task is even achievable. I think they're on to a stinker and her relationship with Daniel Bryan isn't going to help her, she needs to be capable in her own right, and she isn't.

The whole Divas division is schizophrenic. One week AJ is a nutjob, next week she is cutting pipebomb promos on the state of how divas are used in tv. Natalya, who was supposedly face, cut a heel promo on AJ. Then she is face again, teaming with the Bellas, who hated her a few weeks before. In my opinion the WWE needs more actual wrestlers in the Divas because Natalya and AJ are the only ones capable of carrying an angle, and they can't change from heel to face every other week. Its WCW type booking.

The divas as a whole are a disaster at this point. As much as I love AJ, she's lucky that she is where she is right now. Not because she isn't talented or anything like that, it's because thanks to heavy exposure and significant TV time, she was able to show off her personality and get over. And while AJ may be confusing at times from a character standpoint, she does have personality, and I believe that's the main reason she got over like she did.

What does Brie have? She looks good. Ok, so have a good chunk of the divas who've come along since the divas division began. While I don't think Brie is as awful as some say she is, nothing makes her stand out, and her on air personality I find to be naturally unlikable, be it face or heel. The fact that her and Nikki are good looking twins is the only thing they really have going for them.

Since when did the WWE really give a shit about the division? It's almost bipolar in how the WWE treats the divas. AJ is truly the face of the division but it sucks because she's not given much to work with. But the WWE's attitude on the divas over the past couple of years has really affected how they're presented. After all, if the company doesn't care, how can they expect the audience to?

I think the biggest problem with Brie Bella (and Nikki Bella as well) is that she has no identity. I always joke that she's Bella Twin #1 and Nikki is Bella Twin #2. They're pretty much interchangable. You could put either one in a match and it wouldn't make a difference. It's obvious that being twins is their gimmick. But I've also said one time that their best quality (being twins) can also be their biggest drawback. They've pretty much been a package deal ever since they've arrived in the WWE. There was a brief time back in early 2009 when they split apart for the Colons and Miz/Morrison feud, but they quickly reunited afterwards. You just get the impression that one couldn't survive without the other.

It wasn't until Total Divas when we truly saw the distinguishment between the twins. Whereas Nikki comes across as more of a bitch, Brie is more of the good girl. If they were focus on what makes them different than what makes them similar, it would help them out in terms of character development and progression. But on WWE TV, they always dress alike, talk alike and even wrestle alike. They're pretty much the same character just doubled. I always felt that the Bellas could do for a split, just to see how they fare on their own. Just something, whether it be one of them either cut or dye their hair, to make the audience see that they are not the same.

With Nikki on the sidelines for the moment, this could be a real test for Brie to see if she can make it on her own.

I flipped on Total Divas for about 5 minutes one night, and changed the channel. Just not my cup of tea. I can't imagine any of those girls are making them selves look like sympathetic figures on that show. My two year old daughter would be able to figure out why fans are not taking to Brie. If WWE can't figure that out then they must be more out of tune with their fans than we all thought. This story kind of reminds me of when TNA was forgetting to renew contracts. It is almost too stupid to be true. They need to give the Divas more tv time. Another poster mentioned that we have been trained to think Divas wrestling is a joke. Hell, the title is a butterfly and we call them divas. If they want us to be sympathetic then we need to care about it in the first place.

I'm confused as well. They portrayed her as a heel and now she is a face. They are trying to promote Total Divas but the small problem is that neither Bella can act and they are just irritating. That was evident during A.J's promo a month or so ago.

Another problem is that no-one cares about Bella. This is about Bryan and Orton, why would the crowd react when Brie Bella appears. Brie Bella is absolutely nothing other than the women Daniel Bryan is engaged to and someone attractive to be the face of Total Divas.

The thing is you can't make fans cheer for someone in this day and age, and in Brie Bella's case they haven't even tried, she didn't have a turn, she just suddenly became a face because she's Daniel Bryan's fiance? To me all that did was hurt Bryan's sympathy rather than help hers.

The Bellas are not charismatic, neither would be hired if they weren't twins, and they have a basically been spiteful and snotty cows for the bulk of their careers, nothing has changed on Raw or SD to alter that view.

I've said from the start that the ratings for TD were not based on people liking who was on the show, they were based off it being train wreck TV, I mean do people like the guys and girls on the Jersey Shore or any of the Kardashians? Not that I've noticed, but those "reality" shows still get/got viewers.

Also WWE clearly don't listen to their actual audience who pretty much love AJ even when chanting that she's crazy, did they not realize that if anything the Punkette Pipebomb she cut would have turned AJ face easier than getting anyone to like the Total Divas since the bulk of WRESTLING fans who are in the arenas hate the very idea of that show?

Generally speaking I think the people that say "WWE officials are ******ed, I could easily write a better product" are disillusion morons. That being said...how could they not understand why people don't care about Brie Bella? Like you said, WWE has pre-conditioned people not to care about the Divas. And also like you said, the Bella Twins have worked as heels for 95% of their WWE careers.

Another pretty valid point: lately, the WWE hasn't even tried to be consistent with the Total Divas. A couple weeks ago Eva Marie and JoJo were with Natalya. Then the Bellas were with Natalya. THan Eva Marie was with the Bellas against Natalya. About a month ago the Bellas were on Nataly's side AGAINST the non-Total Divas. It's a cluserfuck, and even in the midst of a big angle with Daniel Bryan they can't keep things consistent.

Plus, let's consider who is hazing her. It's Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie "I'm a major heel but I still hate Paul Heyman and 'do what's best for the WWE Universe'" McMahon. And also, Randy Orton, the guy who takes off his shirt and causes all the women in the arena to simultaneously orgasm. And they're in a program against Brie Bella - one of the bitchiest people in Total Divas - and Daniel Bryan, who is being overshadowed by the Rhodes Family and Big Show currently.

So yeah, sorry if I'm not absolutely SHOCKED that people don't know what the hell to do with Brie Bella. :confused:

What a captivating and thought-inspiring mystery WWE has stumbled upon.

I can't speak for them. I'm not "in the know" or even remotely have a clue how they decide who gets pushed and who doesn't backstage, but it's almost glaringly obvious why Brie isn't taking off as a face fans can cheer for.

It's because, as a whole, fans don't give a shit for either Bella and haven't for a very long time. It's really that simple. They've been playing the same song and dance for years and now all of a sudden we are suppose to cheer them for no real apparent reason? C'mon. People like developed characters. It's why we still root for Walter White on Breaking Bad even though he's technically the villain. In this day and age you have to have to give a reason for the audience to care.

Brie hasn't given them a reason.

Bottom line - WWE isn't/hasn't been putting a lot of thought into the diva's division. They put them on for eye-candy, that's about it. Especially since now they are generated more towards kids (supposedly), they probably have no idea what to do with the ladies division - they just try and make a spot for them on the show because they are still employed there lol.

It doesn't take much these days to go from heel to face. But it does require some action by the person. Being a heel for years and expected to be a face just because the behind the scenes relationship with Daniel Bryan is now public isn't enough.

All it would have taken is some definitive action by Brie or both of the Bellas. For example, after one of the many early beatdowns Bryan was getting from Orton and the Shield, they could have just had her come out, defend her man even slapping one of the heels. We know they wouldn't have harmed her, and taking action against the heels that are being booed usually brings the cheers that support the face turn. Summer Rae does that all the time with Fandango (just stepping in the way to protect her man).

However even if that happened, as others have pointed out with all the confusion in the Diva's division I'm not sure how you know who to root for.

To quote Chris Jericho

'Well your boring personality for one'

Seriously apart from AJ which Divas am I supposed to give a shit about. All the women on Total Divas just seem like drama queens and the Bellas are the highlight of that. Seriously the only way I tell them apart is the size of their tits and even then i don't know which one is which.

AJ has been involved in big storylines for a year. The rest of them have done bugger all. I didn't even know who was champion throughout all of last year.

Why should I care about Brie Bella if all they're going on is being Daniel Bryan's fiancee??? I need more than that. There are many people are associated with well known people. Doesn't mean I care about them just because of their association.

Simply put, I simply do not believe the reports which allege confusion on the part of Brie Bella and her supposed failed face turn causing confusion for the WWE brass. There's absolutely no way that they could possibly be that stupid or out of touch with their fan base. Granted, there are times that the folks in charge do seem to be out to lunch, but failure to understand why a woman who is a lousy wrestler, not a particularly great actress, and who has been a bitchy arrogant "mean girl" heel for pretty much her entire career (along with her twin sister) cannot get over as a face, that defies logic and belief for me.

It will take more than a reality TV show and a supposed engagement to Daniel Bryan to undo all of the negativity of the Bellas. And there's simply no way that anyone behind the scenes at WWE can possibly not be able to understand that.

I like to think WWE is smarter than this but for this threads sake lets say this report is accurate.

They shouldn't be at all surprised that Brie isn't getting much sympathy for numerous reasons:

1) She's a twin - Seriously that's her only appeal in wrestling, she's part of a package not an individual. If she wasn't a twin she wouldn't be there.

2) Her Boyfriend - Now people like D-Bry but the Bella's only got rehired within the last year and word around the campfire it was because their boyfriends were Cena and Bryan respectively, 2 of the most over guys on the roster. I'm not saying Bryan is the reason she got hired back but it certainly seems that way. If there is one thing fans don't like its people who they see as undeserving getting breaks.

3) She's never been portrayed as a face - The only thing WWE has ever done to make Brie a babyface is acknowledging the fact she's dating Daniel Bryan and Orton has intimidated her on occasion, they never really had her do anything that would suggest she is now a babyface. As a fan why should we like her? Because we like her boyfriend? Because Orton has intimidated her even though she's been 100% bitch since her debut in WWE? Sorry that's just not enough. They've even done a lot to make them unsympathetic on Total Diva's and they are the main focal point of the entire show. In essence we have them as a couple of cheating bitches on Raw who will do anything to win and conniving manipulators who constantly play pranks and stir the pot on Total Diva's, sounds like a couple of peaches to me.

4) Lack of talent in any and all facets of wresting - Shitty wrestler, shitty promo's and shitty acting. Any time she's on TV I'm taking a piss or watching something else.

There's just nothing about her that's likable from a fan's eyes outside of her looks and that threesomes with twins are a common fantasy among men. They could change that over time but as of right now they've done next to nothing trying to establish her as a babyface of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back