WWE Summerslam 2017: Longest Party of the Summer

Glad they had Roman take the fall. He'll lose far less from taking it than the other two.

What the heck are they going to do for 3 months now on Raw, though???

Also, Lesnar pinned Reigns fair and square in the middle of the ring. Makes me think Lesnar vs. Reigns at Mania might not be happening after all.

Great match, glad Roman took the fall, but annoyed Brock won.

We got our answer of who can possibly beat him. Braun Strowman.

Yet he won't because he's not Roman Reigns and it's not Wrestlemania next time Brock shows up. I just don't like how predictable it seems to be where they're going. I would happily take Braun winning at No Mercy or Survivor Series though.

Summerslam's first half was nothing overly special, but beginning with Balor/Wyatt onwards was pretty sweet stuff. A Nakamura win would have made this show even more.

Great match, glad Roman took the fall, but annoyed Brock won.

Yet he won't because he's not Roman Reigns and it's not Wrestlemania next time Brock shows up. I just don't like how predictable it seems to be where they're going. I would happily take Braun winning at No Mercy or Survivor Series though.

Even if they are going to go into Mania with Brock as champ, they could have easily had Brock remain carted off and not return, had Braun win the belt, have him feud with Reigns or someone else for a few pay per views, and have Brock win it back at Survivor Series and win rematch at Rumble. This way, there's at least a good feud with heat between now and Mania.

Even if they are going to go into Mania with Brock as champ, they could have easily had Brock remain carted off and not return, had Braun win the belt, have him feud with Reigns or someone else for a few pay per views, and have Brock win it back at Survivor Series and win rematch at Rumble. This way, there's at least a good feud with heat between now and Mania.

Yeah that would have been good. Braun was the star of the match tonight. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll win it when he faces Brock next time.

I somehow feel like WWE are going to keep Roman, Joe and Braun away from Brock in order to prolong the time we anticipate some of these matches.

I wonder how you all would feel if Braun did to Lesnar what Goldberg did and just squashed him?

I somehow feel like WWE are going to keep Roman, Joe and Braun away from Brock in order to prolong the time we anticipate some of these matches.

I wonder how you all would feel if Braun did to Lesnar what Goldberg did and just squashed him?

Joe is done with Lesnar he's lost twice. Roman and Braun who knows.

I'd love to see Braun do that. He'd gain a ton from doing it.

I was an hour behind all night and missed the preshow due to the wifey having a show at the local theater (she's a stage manager), so here are my quick thoughts:

Again, I didn't watch em, but what the fuck was the point of any of the preshow matches?

Corbin/Cena looked like a good opener on paper but failed to deliver. Way to continue making Corbin look weak as fuck.

I don't care about Naomi and Natalya.

Cass winning was great, now move on.

Fuck the Orton/Rusev match. RuRu should've won in a competitive match, but nope, quick time constraint win for the vet.

Bálor's win was telegraphed with the Demon teaser.

Raw tag title match was great. As if I didn't love Cesaro enough, he ruins Beachballmania. Good on him.

US title match was solid, obviously getting Shane/KO later on.

You can't hinder my Jinder. At least, not until the India tour is over with.

Fatal 4 way ruled. Now give me Braun/Brock one on one and give the monster the strap.

Edit: knew I left out a match there. Sasha/Alexa was good. Possible Sasha/Bayley feud in the future?

Cannot wait till Vince tries underdog Roman to conquer immortal Brock at Mania 34 as the long term plan was rumoured to be.

Clearly, Braun should be the one to conquer the Beast and not Roman(even though I still want Brock-Roman 2 to happen at some point with no title on the line).

Cannot wait till Vince tries underdog Roman to conquer immortal Brock at Mania 34 as the long term plan was rumoured to be.

Clearly, Braun should be the one to conquer the Beast and not Roman(even though I still want Brock-Roman 2 to happen at some point with no title on the line).

To be fair, Roman is an underdog against Brock. As is everyone on the roster not named Braun Strowman after tonight's events. That's just the way Brock's been built. The story is predictable, but believable.

To be fair, Roman is an underdog against Brock. As is everyone on the roster not named Braun Strowman after tonight's events. That's just the way Brock's been built. The story is predictable, but believable.

Ye, but clearly, Roman will never be the kind of underdog character fans would cheer to beat Brock. Thus, you build him to be close to Brock's level before having them clash. I haven't ever seen WWE book him that way anytime he goes against Brock which is quite puzzling, to say the least, especially given how Roman and Braun have been at each other's throats for so long.

Ye, but clearly, Roman will never be the kind of underdog character fans would cheer to beat Brock. Thus, you build him to be close to Brock's level before having them clash. I haven't ever seen WWE book him that way anytime he goes against Brock which is quite puzzling, to say the least, especially given how Roman and Braun have been at each other's throats for so long.

I agree. But that's WWE's problem for mishandling Roman for years. They have tried to build up as many guys as possible, instead of focusing on 1 or 2 main key guys. Honestly which should be Roman and Brock.

Yeah, I'd much rather see the story be that Reigns is either equal or just below the level of Brock rather than another underdog story based around Reigns. Two titans clashing is way more interesting with these two characters.

Haven't seen any comments or results yet. Didn't watch the pre show but wtf New Day lost. I'll see what happened lateR. John Cena vs Corbin was more boring than I thought, shocked to see Cena win, what does it mean for Corbin? Only other match I've seen is the Natty/Naomi match. Natty won?!! Thank fuck the title is off Naomi, she's a sped and if she couldn't flip then she would be nothing. Probably the best match I've seen from Natty in some time. So happy she won it, only Charlotte matches her in the ring, Sasha and Becky still don't mind a botch so that's my reasoning. Anyways pumped for the rest of the show now.

I agree. But that's WWE's problem for mishandling Roman for years. They have tried to build up as many guys as possible, instead of focusing on 1 or 2 main key guys. Honestly which should be Roman and Brock.

I haven't minded Braun being built up in the way he has, and technically he has also benefitted from the Retire Taker rub that Roman got as well. Just that WWE will still push Roman as the top guy, but have him lose at each and every PPV. How that helps his push with the casual fans, I don't quite understand.

Yeah, I'd much rather see the story be that Reigns is either equal or just below the level of Brock rather than another underdog story based around Reigns. Two titans clashing is way more interesting with these two characters.

Will be interesting to see how they manufacture them as equals going forward, given that Roman hasn't looked like Brock's equal whatsoever during the build for this fourway and he even got pinned quite easily last night by a Brock who took two Braun PowerSlams through tables, got a table thrown on him, took a spear, and a coquina clutch and all it took to put down Roman was a measley F-5. That isn't how you build towards a possible Mania Main Event match between the 2. Really hope Braun conquers Brock after his showing last night as I, as a Reigns, have no interest in Underdog Reigns conquering Brock to a shower of boos.

While I hope I'm wrong, I can't shake the feeling that this is all just a way to build towards Reigns vs. Lesnar II with Strowman being left out in the cold after getting speared a few times. I hope not, but we've made the mistake of underestimating the powers of Vince's obsession with Reigns as the top guy before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back