• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Summerslam 2014: General Discussion & Aftermath

Now you really want to see the gameplan? its simple one of two things will happen either Triple H will help Orton win the title which in turns screws reigns and this causes Orton vs. Reigns and then Triple H vs. Reigns, or Reigns wins the title and Triple H vs. Reigns happens for the title at Summerslam which will cement Reigns as a main eventer for a while.

Ambrose will more then likely be in the 2nd MITB vs. Rollins this feud will continue on until Summerslam too...

I see Reigns winning which would help dissolve Evolution, we don't need another 6 man with a Batista switch, and we don't need to try and do a 2 on 3 either, MITB is the best way to keep the Reigns Triple H feud going while letting everyone else break out and do their own thing...

Reigns needs a big match for Summerslam I agree and I feel it would best be suited as a singles match. Batista would be a great foil for Roman, though it looks like they will try again at babyface Batista judging by the promotion of his upcoming DVD. HHH would be fine as well.

people seem to be forgetting about the next Pay-Per-View after Summerslam - Hell in a Cell

Hell in a Cell is October. Night of Champions is the PPV immediately after Summerslam in September. I don't think we're gonna see Reigns and Ambrose tag together, at least in the near future. Although I do like the idea of a Batista switch, I don't see it happening. Triple H and Reigns will feud until Summerslam. I think it will end there. I'm not sure Rollins and Ambrose will feud past Summerslam, but I'm pretty sure they'll have a match there. Where everything else ends up, I'll be waiting to see.

There are many things that can be done, with ot without Batista. Personally, I enjoy Batista overall, but I think he shouldn't be involved with the Shield. If anything, he should do after the WWEWHC, which he was technically promised.

If I had to book the Shield, I'd do a Dean-Roman vs Seth-Orton. Seth and Orton win, with Seth getting the pin. Next night on Raw, Dean and Roman are backstage talking, and they agree that they are not the most dominant faction yet etc, and they should go their separate ways. Dean goes after Seth, Reigns goes after HHH or w/e. Peaceful departure of both guys.

In all honesty, I'd rather seem the move onto singles bouts and that looks to be the direction WWE is going in. After all, Reigns & Ambrose have their individual entrance themes and Reigns wasn't in Ambrose's corner during his match against Wade Barrett on SD!, nor did he come out to get himself a piece of Rollins or Orton when they interfered in the stretcher match at the end of the show.

We've seen the six man tag situation a couple of times before and while they were genuinely classics, and while I wouldn't be opposed to there being another one, there's nothing new to be gained by another six man match. While Rollins has aligned with Triple H & Orton, he's not actually a member of Evolution, they've actually gone to great lengths to avoid even the hint that Seth Rollins is a new member of Evolution and it's an assumption that the fans ourselves initially made.

As far as Ambrose & Reigns and a mystery partner, I don't see people suddenly deciding to embrace Batista upon joining The Shield. In all honesty, I don't see Batista meshing well with Ambrose & Reigns. The crowd MIGHT pop at a sudden surprise turn on his part, but I think they'd start ridiculing the crap outta the guy if he showed up again in a pair of skinny jeans. It's also quite obvious that Ambrose & Reigns are two guys on their way up while Batista isn't remotely what he used to be and comes off as a middle age man trying to cling to the remnants of his glory days while on his way down. If The Shield is going to be quietly dissolved as recent reports suggest, it might be bittersweet but it might also be for the best. I'd rather see the group split, albeit quietly, with its legacy in tact instead of pairing Ambrose & Reigns up with someone they simply might not click with. The chemistry the original members had was part of what made them work and you can't just automatically stick someone else in there in the hopes it'll stick just so you can keep the group going.

If WWE did go down this road, the only two I can think of off the top of my head that fans might embrace, or at least wouldn't flat out crucify before even giving them a shot to see how it works out, would be CM Punk or Daniel Bryan. If Bryan returned with a harder, take no prisoners kind of edge towards his opponents while still being able to get fans to embrace him as the "every man", it MIGHT work. As for CM Punk, it'd be no problem getting fans to buy into him as he's always portrayed this anti-authoritarian rebel who likes to shoot his mouth off. That being said, would Bryan & Punk really need to be the new third of The Shield? In all honesty, not really and it might even be viewed as a step down for either of them.

More than likely, I think they're going the route of singles matches. If anything, I expect it'll be Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Triple H at SummerSlam while Randy Orton finds himself rooting around on the fringes or as part of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture in some way.

The title says it all, what will Daniel Bryan's involvement be at Summerslam if he is fit to compete? Here are my predicted matches:
Brock Lesnar v John Cena (c)
Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose
Triple H v Roman Reigns
Goldust v Cody Rhodes
Bray Wyatt v Chris Jericho (if he returns)

I honestly think John Cena will win the title at Money in the Bank, and face Brock Lesnar. My predictions leave Bryan in my opinion facing 1 of 2 people, Randy Orton or Cesaro. Randy Orton is my most popular choice as it could be a year long culmination of the feud since last Summerslam is when Orton cashed in, and Daniel Bryan has never officially pinned/submitted Randy Orton since then. The NoC match was voided because of the fast count, Battleground a draw, HIAC Orton won, Elimination Chamber Orton won and Wrestlemania Bryan submitted Batista. Cesaro I say because I can't think of anyone else he could face at this time, but Orton is more likely. Kane could also be argued but I think everyone will agree that feud just needs to end.

Opinions?

You are forgetting someone... Batista. I say we have bryan vs batista I mean it writes itself batista being jealous that the fans chose bryan over him... They could even make it for number 1 contender ship match. I just hope he doesn't face kane.

The latest reports suggest that WWE still plans for Bryan to be in one of the main events for SummerSlam, but I doubt he'll be in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. I'd say that Cena will win the title at MITB, be challenged by Lesnar for SummerSlam, Lesnar picks up the win and drops the title back to John Cena at Night of Champions so that Cena will be "officially" tied with Ric Flair for having the most World Championship reigns in pro wrestling history.

As far as Bryan, I'd love to see him start up his feud with Bray Wyatt again. The idea of Wyatt playing the sort of games with Bryan he did with Cena, like trying to get Cena to embrace his anger, is something I could see. Personally, I think Bryan should have a bit of a harder edge to himself upon returning as it'd be easy to fit into a storyline with anyone: he suffers a "career threatening injury" at the hands of Kane and has to....well...evolve a bit to not only survive but thrive. I don't mean Bryan should turn heel, just not be quite as laid back. Of course, that all depends upon whether or not WWE is able to keep the "every man" aspect of Bryan firmly in place for fans to rally behind.

I could also see Bryan finally entering into a one on one feud with Batista. We've all read contradicting reports saying that Batista didn't wanna job to Bryan at Extreme Rules in a singles bout before leaving to begin promoting his movie while others suggest that he had no problem doing the job to Bryan.

As disappointing as this might be for a lot of people, I could also see Bryan putting his feud with Kane to bed at SummerSlam. If Bryan makes it back in time for Battleground, maybe they'll finish it up there instead. I get that people would rather have Bryan move onto something else, but I don't think it'd make a lot of sense for him to bypass his feud with Kane. After all, Kane's the whole who "injured" Bryan in such a way that, in reality, his wrestling future is somewhat up in the air; so not only do I think they won't just skip over that, but I don't think they should either. Even if they did decide to move along, a good number of the same fans & dirtsheet writers who've been saying they want Bryan to move on will then start griping about the big logic hole not finishing his feud with Kane leaves.

That's why I would have take care of the bryan-kane fued same why they did with the sheamus-triple h fued.... As I recall sheamus took hhh out in extreme rules 2010, triple h returns in 2011 to start his fued with undertaker. What they did to end the fued was have triple h about to cut a promo when sheamus interrupted him telling him how sheamus took triple h out so triple h just attacked and destroyed sheamus across the entire arena and boom the fued was over... They could have bryan about to cut a return promo when kane interrupts and bryan destroys kane and takes him out somewhere backstage that would show some aggression from bryan.

Well I hope Bryan gets cleared by the time summerslam hits. As far as his future goes,I can see him entertaining the Bray Wyatt Feud again,they had an outstanding match at the Royal Rumble.. I also think the whole Kane storyline needs to be addressed,as Kayfabe Kane was the one who injured Daniel forcing him to vacate his title..

If Daniel is not cleared by Summerslam,then the Feud with Kane must be addessed by NOC if its possible.. OF course,some people will complain that the feud with Kane doesn't make sense,while others will say it makes perfect sense..

As much as I loathe the prospect of Orton as champion again, I think he wins it at MITB after Reigns gets pushed off the ladder by Rollins and/or HHH, thus allowing "HHH's guy" to win. The long-term plan has supposedly been for Bryan to have the title again by the end of the year, and it would make sense for him to come back at SummerSlam and take it from Orton, bringing the past year's worth of story full-circle. Meanwhile, you set up HHH vs. Reigns. I wouldn't be surprised if Reigns manages to get a title shot against Orton at Battleground and gets screwed out of the victory, and that's how he gets the match at SummerSlam.

as for as the authority storyline goes bryan mainly went against stephnie at main event spot. So bryan easily got injured again. So they elevate bryan to us or ic champion and fued with some upper midcarders or former world champions for some times.
Actually i like the young guns to get mainevent spot. Roman wins the title and seth wins mitb case. Next day the authority attack reigns and seth cashed in and wins the title. At summer slam reigns vs hhh and daniel bryan challenged seth for title.

But news of brock challenge title at summerslam is change the landscape. Two guys are worth to win the title at mitb. Cena and cesaro. Brock vs cena is big main event. Cesaro vs brock is good heyman guys main event.

I forgot about Batista, he's another guy I could see him facing at Summerslam. However, they will probably try and force Batista as a face again since he quit Evolution, I hope I'm wrong.

What type of guts would it take for the WWE to run the same story as they did last year? Could you imagine Bryan coming back sometime between Money in the Bank and Battleground and working his way to a title shot at SummerSlam, win the title, only to have the winner of the MITB briefcase cash in on him? It would peak my interest to see if the fallout would be handled just like last year or if they have a new wrinkle or two up their sleeve.

It's a tricky conundrum with Lesnar. With limited and sporadic appearances, we all know he'll disappear soon enough after Night Of Champions, and we won't see him again until Wrestlemania season starts up. So with that said, I really don't see the point in putting the title on Lesnar (although, the thought of a Cena VS Lesnar in a rematch for the title is tempting) for a forgettable, short reign, so he can drop it before another one of his hiatuses. If you take that route, Lesnar loses momentum after ending The Streak, and he'll have a world title loss on his record, when he returns in 2015.

Cesaro VS Lesnar is the logical option. Cesaro reaches of point of frustration with Heyman constantly bragging about Lesnar ending The Streak, while ignoring him. Cesaro tries to turn on Heyman, but Lesnar returns to protect his manager.

Although, it'll be hard to be build another intriguing battle of the Paul Heyman Guys feud. I'm sure Cesaro and Lsenar are capable of delivering a great, physical match together, but With Punk VS Lesnar at Summerslam last year, the story had more depth with Punk and Heyman's real life relationship as friends and Heyman being a mentor to Punk, and the seething hatred between the two with Heyman betraying Punk. On top of that, Punk and Heyman cut a series of fantastic dueling promos against each other, and Punk was one of the top faces in the company coming off of a year long + reign as WWE Champion. I'm uneasy about Ceasro holding his own on the mic against Heyman, but the mini brawls between Ceasro and Lesnar to hype the match should be fun to watch.

We all know there was rumors of Brock Lesnar facing off with either John Cena,Daniel Bryan,or Cesaro this year at Summerslam.But according to the main site the main event for Summerslam may have already been spoiled.The cover features John Cena,Brock Lesnar.

Note:It also features the new WWE logo

Here is the post...

Amazon.com has posted the 2014 WWE SummerSlam DVD cover art, and it features both Brock Lesnar and John Cena.

While not confirmed, this could be an indication that the main event of the show will be Cena vs Lesnar for the WWE World Title, making it likely Cena will win at Money in the Bank.

If nothing else, it all but confirms Lesnar will be competing at SummerSlam this year in some form:
Here is the poster below...
Lesnar-Cena-SS-2014.png

Thoughts?

Obviously if Brock is having a title match at SS, a face has to win Sunday and the only option is Cena. Sheamus already has a title and destined for a heel turn eventually and it is not yet Roman's time. I don't agree with Cena winning, but it's the only scenario that makes sense. UNLESS the winner of the briefcase cashes in on Sunday, but even then, anyone in the MITB briefcase match vs Lesnar at SS doesn't seem likely

Personally, I wish Cesaro was in the briefcase match and win it so he can cash in on Brock at Summerslam.

I hope this doesn't spoil John Cena winning the title this Sunday. Because that would be too predictable. We need some excitement and new blood in the main events. I'm not feeling another Cena vs. Lesnar match. Even if it's for the title. And imagine if Cena defeated Lesnar after he defeated the Undertake; ending the streak. That would be horrible!

With Barrett being injured, and the IC title (possibly?) being vacated, the Authority could easily "screw" or "bury" Bryan again by having him compete for that title. It would make perfect sense, so long as Barrett has to relinquish (or be stripped of) the title. They'd be off to the races easily, by having HHH or Steph saying something like:

"...you were stripped of one title, and the timing is that we happen to have another vacated title. It only makes sense that you fight for the vacated title, since the World Heavyweight Title match is already booked".

Add to that a bit of "B plus player"s, "yes movement"s, "neck like a stack of dimes" (like HHH has liked to say in the past), yadda-yadda-yadda, and that story pretty much writes itself. Then they've got their asses covered with Bryan and the IC Title in one fell swoop.

Again, that's only if Barrett is stripped of the IC Title, and if Bryan actually returns by SummerSlam. I agree with the OP, Cena is the most logical one to win the title this Sunday. Cena would be the best opponent for Bryan when he comes back, plus they can get a money match with Cena/Lesnar at SummerSlam. If Bryan is not inserted into an IC feud (either with Barrett himself, or for a vacated IC title), then they could always put Bryan into the title match at SS as well. A triple threat wouldn't be the weirdest thing they've done, but I still think it diminishes the "rematch clause" stipulation. Bryan would "deserve" a one-on-one rematch for the title when he comes back, at least kayfabe-wise it would be the most logical step in Bryan's storyline.

Again, judging by the participants in the MitB title match this Sunday - the best opponent for Bryan would be Cena. Kane might be a logical feud for Bryan, but they're not going to put the title on Kane. Orton would be a rehash, so he's out...HHH would be a better opponent for Bryan, but I don't see HHH putting himself in the match this late in the game (pun intended). Roman Reigns could be cheered over Bryan (if Reigns were to win the title), possibly turning Bryan heel in the process; which might not be the worst thing in the world...but I don't think they'd put the title on Reigns this early. Same goes for both Cesaro & Wyatt (too soon, although I think both could have good feuds with Bryan). As for Sheamus and/or Del Rio - just like Kane, I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. That leaves Cena, and for argument's sake he would have the most options for potential feuds. They know Cena gets a mixed reaction, so he can be put up against heels or faces. Cena would be the best champion for the foreseeable future, to possibly feud with Lesnar and/or Bryan. Sorry for getting off topic a bit.

Brock vs. Lesnar seems like the obvious main event for the show. I'd only count it as a spoiler because it hasn't been announced yet.

Cena vs. Lesnar at Extreme Rules was awesome bar the result. I'm all for a rematch between the two. And whilst the title being on the line would add another element, I'd prefer it if we didn't get another needless Cena reign.

Say Brock gets the title at Summerslam, where does he go from there? It's already been said he will be working Night of Champions, does he drop the title then? A one month reign is extremely lame.

If he is champ, I think he should hold the title at least Survivor Series, maybe even the Royal Rumble. If held until the Royal Rumble, maybe he can drop it to The Rock. Of course Roman Reigns wins the Rumble and takes the strap off The Rock at Mania.

I don't know how I feel about The Rock winning the title at the Royal Rumble 2 out of 3 years, though.

Thoughts?

Christ. It shows 2 superstars that we all know will fight at summerslam. That's all.

In addition, this works. And it works well.

Obviously if Brock is having a title match at SS, a face has to win Sunday and the only option is Cena. Sheamus already has a title and destined for a heel turn eventually and it is not yet Roman's time. I don't agree with Cena winning, but it's the only scenario that makes sense. UNLESS the winner of the briefcase cashes in on Sunday, but even then, anyone in the MITB briefcase match vs Lesnar at SS doesn't seem likely

Personally, I wish Cesaro was in the briefcase match and win it so he can cash in on Brock at Summerslam.

I think there is a purpose making it Cena who wins.

This indicates to me that Daniel Bryan's neck injury is long-term, so Cena is being slotted into programs already set up for DB if he had come back earlier.

I have heard rumors that Bryan's neck injury is as serious as "Stone Cold" or Edge's initial neck injuries, and may mean that he will return, but not for at least six months, and he may not have a long-term wrestling career (as SCSA and Edge were forced into retirement because of it).

I think that Cena will win the belt, defend against Kane in a Buried Alive match at "Battlefront", and then against Brock at "Summerslam", which is the path they were going to have Bryan travel if he was well. So, Cena is subbing for Bryan. It isn't a burial, but programs can't be up in the air for 6-12 months, and this is what I thought they would do. It means that Bryan's injury is worse than first thought.

Also, Cesaro and Reigns aren't ready. In a year's time, go for it. Have then establish themselves as solo stars long-term.

Besides, it also makes sense, because Cena and Bryan are friends, and Cena is dating Bryan's wife's sister, so they have a link. Cena and Bryan may be family down the track, so Cena will step in and want to fight for Bryan and his "future" sister-in-law, Brie. Nikki could also be made to pay for Brie slapping Stephanie, so Cena comes to protect his girl from the Authority.

This isn't just another Cena title reign. This one is necessary, WWE have been forced to go this way, and, from a storyline viewpoint, it can make sense.

I feel if Bryan were around, he would be doing this program. But putting Cena in is more a case of Bryan's injury rather than giving up on him.

I hope this doesn't spoil John Cena winning the title this Sunday. Because that would be too predictable. We need some excitement and new blood in the main events. I'm not feeling another Cena vs. Lesnar match. Even if it's for the title. And imagine if Cena defeated Lesnar after he defeated the Undertake; ending the streak. That would be horrible!

Cena vs Lesnar 2 is money. Cant see lesnar lose since he is the number one heel in wwe (when he appears on the show) who ended the freaking streak . Then again cena beat lesnar in his return match. That just makes thing a little unpredictable

New blood like reigns and cesaro are not ready for the world title scene anyway. These guys got something going on and wwe is slow building them. The last thing we want to see is them ending up like ryback, swagger, del rio. Having reigns faces hhh at summerslam will be much better for the lad.

No... it's not obvious. Because there's another Pay Per View between now and SummerSlam where the winner can lose the title. Or maybe they'll want to return Lesnar as a face. Going to be hard considering the last time we saw Lesnar, he just became Ultra Heel by destroying Taker... but we don't all remember that do we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back