• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Roster Cuts, Should Be Released, and "Future Endeavored" Discussion

i wasn't that big manu-fan, but i hope they don't release deuce/sim snuka too... i like that guy. still, i think it's gonna happen soon.

They better not dare get rid of Boogey and Horny! Those two guys are awesome. They just need to do more w/Boogey is all. I think in the WWE right now the situation they're in is not too much talent, but writer's block. Egads.

Just gotta say KudoS to the FCW crowd chanting for Colt cabanA during a recent FCW show,prompting Dusty to shout He,s gonE during a commercial.You tell the b(censored!)ds who they can & cant ReleasE.
Havent heard a fans revolt since WCW fans chanted We Want Scott during a Nash match.After they let Hall "leave"..

They better not dare get rid of Boogey and Horny! Those two guys are awesome.

WOW, seriously? Someone actually thinks this?!

Anyways, I hope they bid farewell to "Sim Snuka", Charlie Haas, Curt Hawkins, Zach Ryder, and Dolph Ziggler in the next roster cuts. These guys all and are a waste of talent spots. Haas is a damn good wrestler but he has the charisma of a lima bean. I dont think the Great Khali will last much longer neither... his knee's are shot and he isnt even doing the "Kiss-cam" anymore. Hopefully we will all get lucky and they will drop DJ Gabrial's gay-@$$ as well.
Oh, and I hope they dont even wish Kizarny the best in his future endeavors. It would be funny if they would say something along the lines of "GTFO Kizarny. You are made of fail. We don't know how you were hired or who allowed those idiotic promos about your "arrival" to Smackdown to air, but they will be fired too. We hear Ringling Brothers is hiring..."

wwe.com said:
WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar “The Boogeyman” Marty Wright as of today, March 4. WWE wishes Marty the best in all his future endeavors.

I am surprised by this. I understand that he wasn't that great in the ring, but he was getting a mini-push on ECW and that show is short on faces as it is. Even though I'm sure most people weren't, I was kind of excited about a Burchill/Boogey feud. I really think it was something that could have taken both of them up a notch. I guess the gimmick ran its route though.

I am surprised by this. I understand that he wasn't that great in the ring, but he was getting a mini-push on ECW and that show is short on faces as it is. Even though I'm sure most people weren't, I was kind of excited about a Burchill/Boogey feud. I really think it was something that could have taken both of them up a notch. I guess the gimmick ran its route though.

So his last act was getting squashed by Kane? I have to say I am not surprised. He didn't offer much to the show. He might have worked back in the gimmick/cartoon era, but not in today's business. He won't be missed at all.

I'm a little bit surprised about Boogeyman but only because they were pushing him as of late. Boogeyman was on quite a roll, beating lots of various people, and even seemed to be starting up a feud with Burchill as recent as last week. Then he's released.

Can't say I'm TOO shocked though, seeing as he was The Boogeyman after all lol. His age, his limits, and his injury kept him on the backburner of the "who will be released" section for a long time, so it doesn't come as a real wrench in the WWE. Although I will say that if they were looking to just release anybody to cut some costs, they definitely should've given that nod to Ricky Ortiz. Boogeyman was much more entertaining in the ring than Ortiz, and although that's not saying much, as Boogeyman clearly wasn't amazing to watch, he was far more over with the crowd than Ortiz has been.

This brings the crosshairs of next released superstar to the most likely targets of Kizarny, Ortiz, and Ryan Braddock, with the next grouping being Sim Snuka, DJ Gabriel, and Hawkins/Ryder.

I watched Boogey last night...and he was terrible. It was one of the worst in-ring performances I've seen in awhile. His character is semi-interesting, but that's his only real upside. I don't know why they rehired him in the first place.

He can probably make decent money doing independent bookings.

I think the reason the Boogeyman was even ever brought back, is for the same reason Diamond Dallas Page was used long after his usefulness. Because they gave him a new set of teeth.

Boogeyman didn't have any teeth, then he suddenly redebuts with a full set of Snitsky looking choppers?!

His in-ring skills were horrible. His look was one dimensional, and mainly that of a Halloween character. The reason this went south instantly, is because he wasn't used as a "monster" he was used as a joke. The worms gimmick didn't impress anyone, and at most just grossed people out. That's not getting over, that's being laughed at and getting ignored otherwise.

I had hope that upon his return, the worms gimmick would be dropped, and he'd be given a proper gimmick with his character. Perhaps that of a heel, with Super-natural abilities. Obviously that didn't pan out.

I'm sure T.N.A. will sign him on to be the next "Black Reign" or "Suicide". :rolleyes:

Man, them releasing The Boogeyman is some BS. He was golden comic relief. Also, when the hell is Funaki getting canned? Someone already once told me that they'll never release him due to his loyalty and friendships, but I don't see how they can let Sgt. Slaughter and Ron Simmons go but keep him. Yes, I am well aware that Slaughter and Simmons don't wrestle anymore, but they sure as hell did more than Funaki to entertain the crowds.

Im not rubbing this in but ,,,sorry Chanfan.
Im surprised than on such a small roster & in the middle of a PusH ,Boogey gets released.I guess the eating worms bit got stale.I dont think they made the character big enough,maybe going back to PG SD & doing more things to scare the kiddies with mighta helped,,on an EXtremE ECW,it shouldA worked..As always the potential was there,Marty seamed up for it but the end result-aye vay!
I AlsO wonder if Marty,ll turn up on TNA .filling the void of Rellic & Black Reign,with more strings to the scary bow,even being a kind of Taker,He,s meant to be from the bottomless pit after all.or has Abyss got the scary monster bit sewn up over there.
It,d be an interesting footnote if Mart said "I dont like worms,I hated the character,III show you what I CaN do," before singing Born Free & disappearing forever as Most EX WWE stars usually do...
Yeah,I dunno how Fu Naki lasts so long either,he must have shares in the place,or as usual H really likes him!

What the FUCK man. I dont really care much most of the time, but I fucking hate when WWE wastes things. and they wasted a TON with this fucker. Just to release him when he was most over!!!

There absolutely has to be more to this story. He was on ECW every damn week the last few months, and seem to be pretty damn over.

So much wasted. The air time, the vingettes, not ONE, but fucking TWO wrestlemania card spots, and all the squash jobs everyone had to do. SO much time, and resources wasted for them to just release him when he was at what seemed to be a peak in popularity. Disgusting.

Ryan Braddock was released. You may be thinking "who?"...and the answer would be "the overweight looking guy with no talent and a picture of a dog on his ass that jobbed 3 times on Smackdown and was never seen again".

I saw absolutely nothing of worth when he showed up, so I don't know why they even signed him in the first place as opposed to just letting him go when he was originally at FCW, as he just went back there anyway and just waited to get canned.

Next up: Ricky Ortiz.

Okay,Im NoT surprised Ryan got released.WWE are making cutbacks,everyone from Holly to chauffeurs are leaving ,his character wasnt coming over,he got sent back to FCW for running repairs etc etc etc.
Neither am I knocking WWE for given new talent some development time before,being promoted to the A shows.Though IF money IS tight,why have reserves if the first team,s looking a bit,,sparse.I hear Cena & Batista were development stars so it does work for the right wrestler given the right push,gimmick & talent.
It goes without saying though I find it bizarre & too coincidental that since the WWE eggs went into FCWs basket,this is happening more often.Goldman.Braddock.Spears.Manu.(more,,,?) all CamE to FCW with some wrestling skills,there,s trainers & legends looking after them, allegedly, matches & titles to aim for.Yet ,when they make the big time,their character sucks,their wrestling skills are basic & the door from FCW to WWE starts to revolve with a trap door for those coming back out.
Is it just cutbacks,luck of the draw,the best of a bad lot ,or ,as Im beginning to think,the FCW backroom boys doing a lousy job in the first place!?

Wasn't Braddock going to redebut with a Honky tonk Man-like gimmick? I was rather looking forward to that.

As for Boogeyman getting released, I'm not surprised. I was actually entertained by his gimmick, even if his wrestling skills were subpar. Not that I could tell; I'm no wrestling technician, and it looked all right to me. I enjoyed his stuff, even if it was kiddy and silly. It was entertaining, which is what this whole thing is about, isn't it?

Plus, with Boogeyman released, they'll probably start pushing Ricky Ortiz. *sigh*

Thank God the Boogeyman is released. Sure, it came at the most unusual time as he was starting to get more air time and was rapidly getting over with the fans, but the guy just sucked. His gimmick was only going to get him so far, and he couldn't wrestle a good match over 5 minutes. The fact that this guy beat a member of the Main Event Mafia at Wrestlemania 22 (cleanly by the way), makes me laugh. I never understood why the WWE was so intent on pushing this guy.

He was injured for a long time, comes back and has a few squash matches and is released a few days after jobbing to Kane in 3 minutes. I never cared for the Boogeyman and I'm glad I don't have to see those worms or that sperm-like substance that dribbles from his mouth, again.

Ryan Braddock is released? Yeah, I knew that was coming. But to be fair the guy only had 1 or 2 matches on TV. You cannot determine a wrestlers future within 2 matches, it's just not possible. He had basically no air time and was squashed only a few times. That's not fair on Braddock. Remember Kofi Kingstons first match on ECW, anyone? It was botchtacular, and it was shit in every way possible but look where he is right now.

I pray that Ricky Ortiz gets released next. Either that, or he gets a totally new gimmick and learns how to be less annoying as well as learning how to actually wrestle a match.

Good bye Kizarny. So a couple of matches, half a knock knock joke and he's gone. His gimmick sounded appauling before he debuted, when he did debut no one cared, and his in ring skills were awful. Not surprised with this in the slightest.

WWE are having a very short fuse with some of these newer wrestlers, instead of sending them back to development they are just getting rid of them. Maybe they should hold off their debuts in future until they are sure the wrestler is entirely ready.

I'm not surprised about Kizarny either, although I am a little surprised that his release came so quickly. It's kind of funny when you think about it, his vignettes hyping his arrival lasted longer than the weeks he was actually in the ring.

Ryan Braddock is released? Yeah, I knew that was coming. But to be fair the guy only had 1 or 2 matches on TV. You cannot determine a wrestlers future within 2 matches, it's just not possible. He had basically no air time and was squashed only a few times. That's not fair on Braddock.

Just because he only wrestler on 1 or 2 TELEVISED matches does NOT mean those were the only matches he had in the WWE. The WWE does have house shows. I seriously doubt he wasnt given more of a chance then just those 1 or 2 matches he had on Smackdown.

Kizarny was gone before he arrived. His promo's and that stupid "carny-talk" gimmick were stupid and his one and only match was slow and just bad.

I say good riddance to both of these wastes of roster-space.

Dum dum dum.....another one bites the dust!

Kizarny is gone. So what did we lose here:

A decent gimmick (minus the carny talk) that could've worked very well if given to someone else + a shitty wrestler that had one match and botched damn near everything in it to a crowd of people that could care less because he had no charisma in the promos that built him up, nor in his match.

Still waiting on my "Breaking News: Ricky Ortiz Released from WWE" update.

Still waiting on my "Breaking News: Ricky Ortiz Released from WWE" update.

Don't think you'll have to wait that much longer. Don't think he's been used much lately, so you can guarantee if he gets a singles match soon he will be squashed then promptly released the following day. Poor Kizarny didn't even get that.

In addition to my post about Ryan which was in addition to my post about ,,,,(well you get the picture) I gotta add Kizarney,like as not,.to which I also add,,,AAAAAAHHH COOOMMMME ONNNNN!
I hinted it before,now Im saying it! FCW! GET YER FINGER OUT!
Sure,there are other factors to this matter but bottom line is IF any agency is sending you clients that are meant to be NearllY right for the job & they constantly suck,,you change the Agency-right?! Should be a bit easier if you happen to OwN the Agency & are making cutbacks.! These guys had SoMe wrestling ability to start with & someone at FCW/WWE is letting them DoWN BaDLY,putting it down to just roster cutting is TOO easy!
I think Vince should talk to his pal JBL & head back to OVW,maybe the cold, (no offence Ohio) ,& some JBL bullying ,ll do his next batch of newcomers some good.Or ffffffforget FCW altogether (financially ,Im sure Vince,d love to) & just put them straight em into ECW,thats what its apparently there for,innit?

Well apparently it's now official that Tyson Tomko has been released from WWE, is anyone surprised? Apparently his dark match was terrible due to injury and was let go soon after. What got me thinking though is if they had reached a deal with Christian sooner, would Tomko have a role in WWE as Christians enforcer once again?

Well apparently it's now official that Tyson Tomko has been released from WWE, is anyone surprised? Apparently his dark match was terrible due to injury and was let go soon after. What got me thinking though is if they had reached a deal with Christian sooner, would Tomko have a role in WWE as Christians enforcer once again?

I strongly belive Tomko and Christian would've once again returned together, but not with Tomko being his "Enforcer", this time, more so as just a personal friend and Tag Team partner.

It's a shame that this happened, but the rumor I read was that Tomko had a bad backstage attitude upon his return and it didn't create many friends. I personally really thought that sucked, as Tomko is a good "big man" worker, and he could've fit well into E.C.W with Christian.

It is a shame about Tomko being realesed. I didnt mind his in ring work and believe he could of made a bit of a impact and name for himself on his own before Christian returned.

Shame that is dark match was spoilt by injury though. When I heard he had signed with the WWE again I htought he would be a greta fit on ECW but sadly he never even made it on tv.

Who knows perhaps he will come back again when he is physically fit and be able to give it a better shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back