Who Wins This Matchup?

• Terry Funk

• Steven Richards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Oklahoma City Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

ford-center.jpg

funk_terry.jpg

#7. Terry Funk

Vs.

Michaelmanna.jpg

#26. Steven Richards

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

We're starting off with an easy one. I'm not in on whatever joke it is that put Steven Richards in this tournament but the joke is over. Terry Funk was a star in whatever territory he wrestled in all over the world for forty plus years. Steven Richards led a bunch of goofs in an nwo parody where for some reason the color blue was funny. This is going to be Funk in a landslide.

Allow me to quote myself.

1972479_10151942176166765_273608336_n.jpg

See that. Do you really fucking see that? The cat's name is Tommy Lee and Stevie has an Autobots shirt on. If you need any more proof that Stevie deserves to win, you should consider eating a dick.

Yup, that was me that said that alright. Some people are computer geeks, some people love cats, some people beat other guys up for a living. Stevie is all three. Does Terry Funk love cats? Nope. Is Terry Funk a computer geek? I don't even think Terry Funk can use a computer. Does Terry Funk beat people up? Yes, he does. So he's got one out of the three requirements of Stevie Richards level eliteness.

A vote for Stevie Richards is a vote for cats. A vote for cats is a vote for Macho Man kitty. Vote Macho Man kitty.

tumblr_m5z9s0ChV51rz8smyo1_500.jpg

Whereas Titus may have been able to beat Funk here- this is not Titus. This is Stevie Richards, Mr. Second Fiddle. The man most known for being #2 in Raven's Flock & a poor man's HBK.

Terry Funk is a hardcore legend. Even in his later years, the man is tough as nails. How do you keep someone down that just will not die? Nothing Stevie has will get the job done here. Funk moves on to the second round in an easy victory.

In Terry Funk you have one of the few men that truly reinvented himself in wrestling and was successful. When Funk won the NWA world title he did it through superior wrestling skill. Later on in his career he went on to become a hardcore wrestler and one of the best ever. His feud with Flair is legendary. Nothing Stevie Richards did matches up to funk in anyway.

Terry Funk with a spinning toe hold.

I have to give Stevie Richards some props he has definitely worked hard in this business, and has been through some sick injuries to prove it. I always thought of him as one of those guys that had his best days in the original ECW everything he did outside of that was kinda forgettable. I like Stevie, but noticed some names missing on the bracket that i think could have easily taken Richards place.

Terry Funk gave his heart,soul, and body to wrestling. Didn't do much notable stuff in WWE, but whatever territory he was in he made an impact. Helped elevate the original ECW and did so much more for the business. I always think back to some of the battles he a foley had over in japan. They were just nasty to the point that it almost was tough to watch. Funk would jump off a building through a barbwire table if he felt it would deliver something entertaining to the fans. Nothing but respect for the legendary funk.

I'm going with Terry Funk here. Sorry stevie, you won't show us and we will not see.

The only reason I can think of for Stevie being in this years competion, Is the fact that he is the current Extreme Rising Champion and while Richards has always been a solid worker, Funk is a Legend in this buissness and for me his Star power and superior in ring skills easily makes Terry the winner.

One vote for Terry Funk.

Okay let's forget influence and the like, and make this even simpler:

Being champion of Extreme Rising(along with any other random number of "accomplishments" Richards can boast) does not even close to equate to being ECW Champion(let alone any other number of accomplishments Funk can boast).

Unless they're playing Madden for the chance to advance, this one is a squash for Terry.

Easily a squash match for Terry Funk. Basically a career midcarder vs one of the legends in the sport. Funk Cruises to the second round.

One of the greatest wrestlers of all time versus a lackey for a mid-card champion? Child please. Terry Funk would make Richards piss blood in about five minutes, then that's when the real fun begins. Funk would proceed to use his wrestling acumen and his hardcore abilities to make Richards question his career choice.

Funk wins and if you vote for Richards, then lol.

This is a nice easy start for Terry, Richards has always been entertaining but he's never been taken seriously as a threat to even mid-careers for the majority of his career. He's a lackey, who had a run as a comedy leader of a parody stable.

Compare this to one of the most respected wrestlers of all time, a legend of the sport and bloody nice old bloke. Tezza with the win after a 5 min comedy match with a Piledriver, saving valuable energy for round 2

Easy round for the Funker. Terry Funk, one of the toughest and most dedicated men in the history of professional wrestling vs. Steven Richards, a nobody and a never-was if such labels can be applied to anybody.

Funk moves on after about 5 minutes or so, barely breaking a sweat.

Hey. You know who I voted for?

Stevie Richards.

You know why?

Fuck you, that's why.

Because Stevie Richards would win this match. All day. 'Er Day.

You think Terry Funk is tough? Heh. That's funny. Stevie Richards had like thirty throat surgeries. Why do you think his voice is so deep? Batman pisses himself at night thinking about that voice. Tough, Terry Funk? I bet he couldn't even take his tonsils getting removed. Old fucker.

Oh, what's that? Hardcore king. That'll be great in this WWE region, where all the rules are established. It's also the region Terry Funk didn't have any sort of success in until he was a crusty jobber. Wait a minute, he was always a jobber in WWE.

Stevie was the commissioner of Heat. Maybe Terry would stand a chance in WCW, where he was he commissioner of, Idunno, Thunder or some shit.

Also, man, that crowd is going to be great. That crowd of raucous Oklahomans are going to really love that proud Texan. What do you think this crowd will do to Terry? He'll be lucky if he isn't ganked in the parking lot coming in. And you can fucking forget being the face... Terry is sure as shit a heel until he gets out of OKC. And as we all know, heel Terry Funk won jack shit, so there.

Everyone loved the bWo. Point to Stevie again.

But most importantly, as we all remember from last year... The Laws of Satchel Ass come back to haunt the Funker. Don't remember the Laws of Satchel Ass? Let me give this monumental quote from Terry Funk.

Oh, and by the way, Mick... Don't ever call me Dad again. And I won't call you son. I'll come up with something appropriate... like um... like Satchel Ass.

My daddy always told me don't ever trust whose ass is wider than his shoulders and that seems to fit you, Foley...

SATCHEL ASS!
SATCHEL ASS!
SATCHEL ASS!

Let me show you this graph, that exemplifies this logic.

t80kmc.jpg

What does that mean? Stevie has very broad shoulders.
Much, much wider than his hips. Which means Terry will trust Stevie.

Sorry, it's a law. Right Dr. Stevie?

That's when Stevie lets loose and Old Yellers this poor old fucker into a retirement home. Stevie turns on Terry, horsemen style.

Just like the horsemen that regularly kicked his ass.

Stevie wins. Fuck you if you say otherwise.

How did Richards even get in the tournament itself? He's an inspirational story in the comebacks he made from his throat problems, but he was a glorified midcarder, at best. He'll likely be better remembered as a lackey or a valet for Victoria or as Abyss' doctor then he will for anything he actually accomplished in professional wrestling.

Terry Funk is one of the greatest World Champions of all time, and deserved a higher seed in the tournament. It may affect him negatively down the line, but here, he beats Richards in a squash.

Stevie Richards knew when to quit. People like Terry Funk going on into their 60s are why people take the piss out of wrestling fans. Therefore I give this vote to Stevie Richards.

Lots of hate for Steven Richards. I thought he was entertaining, even if he was a mid-carder for the majority of his career.

However, he's going up against one of the toughest SOB's in the industry. The Funker is a legend, and he'd beat the piss out of Richards. I can respect anyone voting for Richards due to personal preference, but that's the only reason I could see voting for Stevie.

Funk to round 2 and it's not even close.

Stevie Richards entertained me more than most wrestlers. I care not for wins and losses in the grand scheme of things.

The bWo were hilarious, RTC were pretty much the only heel faction that people genuinely hated, Stevie Night Heat was something that made me watch heat every Sunday. That and he's just gone on with it, he's never bitched, never said how much he hates Vince.

Stevie for the win.

He'll likely be better remembered as a lackey or a valet for Victoria or as Abyss' doctor then he will for anything he actually accomplished in professional wrestling.

That's absolute bollocks and you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back