Who Wins This Matchup?

• Triple H

• Blue Demon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Oklahoma City Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

ford-center.jpg

triple-h.jpg

#2. Triple H

Vs.

demonsr.jpg

#18. Blue Demon

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Triple H wins this. Blue Demon was a megastar..... in Mexico. This match isn't taking place in Mexico. As far as I can gather from 5 minutes of google searching, Blue Demon only wrestled a hand full of matches in the US and the only match I can find him winning is his debut match in 1948 which took place in Texas. In 1972 he lost a hand full of matches in the WWWF to the likes of Tony Cantellis, Gorilla Monsoon, and El Olympico. I'm sure someones will copy and paste his wikipedia page and talk about what a "travesty" it would be for him to lose here. Pay no mind to that as it is nothing but smoke and mirrors because they have no argument of substance.

I don't like Triple H very much and never really have. The only time I was ever remotely a fan was when he was in DX and even that can be attributed more to the other members of the group. However, there is no denying his impact on the WWE and the wrestling business as a whole. There is also no arguing that he has defeated nearly every big name of his era. Rock, Austin, Taker, Goldberg, Lesnar, Cena, etc.

If this were in Mexico it may be different but it's not.

Normally Blue Demon goes out to someone shit and I moan about it. This year he's going out here, and I don't think it's a particularly ridiculous state of affairs. Blue Demon, like Santo, transcended professional wrestling in Mexico and was a huge star. He actually used to beat Santo most of the time, and basically made his career doing so. Demon is the sort of wrestler you should know more about and I think that the fact that he rarely wrestled in America until he was way past his best is probably not something that should go against him.

I will be voting for Blue Demon, because I think he achieved something that Triple H has strived and failed to do his whole career - become bigger than wrestling. However, there are a million counter arguments in favour of Triple H. I don't think a vote for Triple H is a bad one necessarily, I just think Blue Demon was better at his job than Triple H ever was.

Triple H is one home turf here, and if we are looking at both wrestlers in their primes then The Game will have either his DX or Evolution buddies on the outside, giving him an extra advantage over Blue Demon, who while being a major star in Mexico never really ventured into the US until later in his career. I appreciate everything that Blue Demon did in Mexico, but he is getting into the ring with a man who to me is one of the very best I have ever seen compete-the total package.

Hunter is well known for beating WCW guys when the came over to WWE- Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Scott Steiner, Booker T etc.... this doesn't bode well for the outsider Blue Demon. He is stepping into Triple H's kingdom, and his tournament is going to come to an end. It's Game Over.

Bow down to the King.

Being in the US is huge for HHH, and I agree that he is just about as much of a total package as you can get. HHH has beaten everyone from every promotion, and with Blue Demon having to come into the US to face him I think HHH will get the win here.

Triple H wins this.

Should he now?

Blue Demon was a megastar..... in Mexico. This match isn't taking place in Mexico.

The match location is relative and means nothing. It's a framing device. The match could take place on Neptune and it would still be the same.

As far as I can gather from 5 minutes of google searching, Blue Demon only wrestled a hand full of matches in the US and the only match I can find him winning is his debut match in 1948 which took place in Texas.

It would make sense considering that there weren't that many established, well known promotions in 1948. There were established wrestlers. Blue Demon was an established wrestler. It was noteworthy that he'd even be known enough to work outside his country and win.

In 1972 he lost a hand full of matches in the WWWF to the likes of Tony Cantellis, Gorilla Monsoon, and El Olympico.

He was also way past his prime. HHH was squashed by Warrior in 2 minutes before his.

I'm sure someones will copy and paste his wikipedia page and talk about what a "travesty" it would be for him to lose here. Pay no mind to that as it is nothing but smoke and mirrors because they have no argument of substance.

The travesty is voting for HHH despite not doing adequate research on Blue Demon and deciding for yourself who would win. HHH was a big star but he was never the biggest at best he might be 6th or 7th. Blue Demon was second only to Santo in legacy and popularity. He was the most well known bad guy in the nation. In kayfabe he was undefeated against Santo when he did turn face.

I don't like Triple H very much and never really have.

So why are you voting for him over someone that he probably shouldn't beat?

However, there is no denying his impact on the WWE and the wrestling business as a whole.

Demon was responsible for helping popularize pro wrestling to a national level in Mexico. This was several decades before WWE gained a foothold as a national renowned company. And Trips really didn't have a role in that. He was just a major supporting player. Demon had a staring role.

Not to mention massive crossover appeal with movies, television, comics, cartoons, games, food etc etc. Show me an energy drink associated with HHH.

There is also no arguing that he has defeated nearly every big name of his era. Rock, Austin, Taker, Goldberg, Lesnar, Cena, etc.

As did Blue Demon. And unlike HHH interest didn't go down when he was a top heel.

If this were in Mexico it may be different but it's not.

Relative location is a neutral setting. Demon would win because he's the bigger star with a more important legacy and contributed more to the industry.

Vote Blue Demon.

From what I can gather, Blue Demon is very much like Giant Haystacks, although larger due to lucha libre's cultural impact on Mexico as opposed to "Wrestling"'s impact on Britain. That being said, it still suggests that Blue Demon, despite never being beaten by Santo, was the guy that played second fiddle to Santo.

HHH on the other hand has beaten every single big star during his prime in WWE with the exception of Batista. He's beaten Cena, Austin, HBK, The Rock, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, Goldberg and a slew of other big names. Triple H from 1999 to 2010 was easily one of the top 5, maybe top 3 stars in the company.

Blue Demon was excellent but Triple H is one of the most consistent and dominant superstars in WWE history. I'm not saying BD wasn't consistent either, but what seems to correlate here is that BD is exactly the kind of guy Triple H would have beaten in a rubber match.

I'll make a better post when I have time to do so.

I have to go with Triple H hands down. Not taking anything away from Blue Demon, but Triple H doesn't get enough credit for how good he is in my opinion. People always bring up his marriage to the bosses daughter and say the man who just put Daniel Bryan over clean at wrestlemania, buries everyone. Riiiiggghht :wtf:

Show me an energy drink associated with HHH.

[YOUTUBE]Jd8fXhdoHXw[/YOUTUBE]

Bam! Triple H for the win!

Energy drink endorsements aside Triple H gets my vote here. Blue Demon was one of the best wrestlers in Mexico. That's cool. I respect that. Years from now when Triple H is dead and people that haven't been born yet read about him on Wikipedia or whatever is being used in the future they will say Triple H was one of the greatest US wrestlers ever. For some reason we don't recognize greatness when it's right in front of our faces but take a few paragraphs on the internet as gospel. I see Triple H overpowering Blue Demon and having far more of a mean streak to get him into the next round.

I cant believe Blue Demon isn't winning. I thought being from Mexico and/or wrestling before 1960 guaranteed passing to the 3rd round in this thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back