WWE Region, OKC Subregion, Second Round: (7) Terry Funk vs. (10) Big Show

Discussion in 'WWE Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. Terry Funk

2. Big Show

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Oklahoma City Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7. Terry Funk

Vs.

[​IMG]

#10. Big Show

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. Con T.

Con T. Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy

So let's look at the facts here;

• No weapons means Terry's attacks are going to do dick all against Big Show
    • Terry would be great as the babyface that gets beaten down all match and makes a comeback. Too bad he isn't a babyface, because he's in Oklahoma. I'm fairly sure people would pay to watch Big Show take a dump in a texan's mouth in Oklahoma.
    • Terry Funk's best chance is to bludgeon the big man. And Big Show has a pretty high tolerance to pain.

No amount of the laws of Satchel Ass save Terry here. Show beats him, and beats him, and Terry keeps rising from the dead, until Big Show finally knocks him out. And probably cries again.

3. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

FOREVER!!! ..... forever.

So Funk wins this. Show loses to everyone at some point. And I mean everyone. Sure he beat some big names, but Funk's beaten bigger names and carried the mantle as NWA Heavyweight Champion in it's heyday. Not to mention that many of Funk's best matches were his regular matches, not his hardcore bouts.

I know Big Show is .... well ... BIG, but that doesn't mean he'd beat Funk.

FOREVER!

4. Con T.

Fairly interesting fact; for as long as Andre and Terry were in the same era, I can't find much history of the two fighting. That isn't to say it didn't happen, just that I can't find it. In fact, perhaps the best comparison to make here is Terry facing Giant Baba. And Terry never beat Baba.

Big Show is faster, stronger, more coordinated, and had a sturdier base than Baba.

If Terry were in any other town, he'd sure be the face. But a proud Texan in Oklahoma? Like I said, he'll be lucky to not die on the way to the ring.

Big Show did do jobs, but he also had very good monster runs, and best some of the best names. He beat Rock and Triple H to win his first title (which, kinda cool). He beat Brock Lesnar, and just about every big name.

Face, wily Terry Funk may stand a chance. But heel Terry Funk, who never won much? He gets throttled.

5. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Is there a single world champion active during Big Show's career that hasn't beaten him on multiple occasions? I think the answer is no, and that's why you should vote Funk.

6. Milkyway!

Milkyway! Hodor!

Show is a glorified jobber, an upper midcard talent, and basically a schmuck.

Terry Funk on the other hand is a master in the ring, he's strong, he's fast, and he was definitely a tier 1 talent back during the heyday of the NWA glory days.

No weapons you say? Congrats. You know nothing about Terry Funk. He was more than just a weapons machine.

Big Show puts people over. Terry messes people up. Vote. Terry Funk.

7. HBsam31

HBsam31 Totally Reeking of Awesomeness

I am all for Show being out of this tournament, and the former NWA champion is the perfect person to take him out. Like has been mentioned, Show has lost to everyone at some point, and he would lose to Funk here. Funk to the next round.

8. Con T.

Erm... Terry was just as likely to do the job as anyone. Big Show included.

Think; who was the champion Harley Race eventually won the NWA from? That's right, Terry Funk. Even a cursory glance of Cagematch shows Terry never beat Dusty, and Ric Flair? Lol, nope.

Let's not try lying here; I'm all for agreeing that Big Show does his fair share of jobs. But Terry isn't exactly a world beater, himself.

Oh, and sure, Terry's more than weapons. I never said Terry wasn't just a guy with weapons. What I did say is that Terry's best bet is to use weapons, because his offense is going to do dick all to Big Show. Terry never beat Giant Baba, and Show is faster, stronger, heavier, and sturdier than Baba.

Oh, and heel Terry Funk never won jack shit. And if you're going to tell me that Terry Funk's going to be a babyface in the middle of Oklahoma, you're pretty damn deluded.

9. Dmbfantomas

Dmbfantomas Bald Billy was Better

Terry Funk is one of my favorite wrestlers ever, if not my favorite. Big Show typically bores the life out of me.

Having said that, I gotta go Big Show here.

Terry Funk isn't going to beat Show in OKC. Funk might beat him in Texas, but he's not beating him in OKC.

Show is the perfect guy to go forward in this tournament, and then lose to someone else in some wacky stipulation match. Terry Funk was at his best whn he was putting people over. Big Show has a better resume than Terry, and should move on.

(But if he loses, awesome.)

10. AhSpicyDrop

AhSpicyDrop Trinidad Moruga Scorpion SPICY!

Every argument against Funk beating Show is ignorant. People spend way too much time arguing about venue. The fact of the matter is the venue is cosmetic, and shouldn't play anywhere near the factor that it does in these tournaments. It doesn't matter if it's Texas, Oklahoma, Heaven, or Hell... Terry Funk is going to find a way to beat Big Show.

You can say what you want about Funk doing his fair share of the jobs but I've never saw Terry get his ass kicked on a huge stage to a non-wrestler that was 400 pounds smaller than him. When Funk lost it meant something where as Big Show would do the job just for the sake of jobbing. For every big win Show has had he's had an equally embarrassing/pointless loss that takes him two steps backward.

Also the argument made that there would be no weapons is a stupid assumption. If we're going to take venue into consideration so heavily then we're also going to take into consideration that referee bumps can and will happen... and that means Terry Funk can and probably will get his hands on a steel chair or his trademark branding iron.

Funk beats Big Show by being smarter, having more experience, and just being an overall tougher bastard.

11. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Big Show's most dominant period was when he was in ECW mainly beating Sabu. You can say that Terry's offense would have no effect but there have been lesser wrestlers who have routinely gotten wins over Big Show. I remember Chris Benoit beating Big Show even when he basically got ZERO offense in. Terry Funk can have the referee distracted and use a weapon against Big Show and pick up the win (which other guys have done). Funk can cause Big Show to get himself disqualified (which other guys have done). He can also get Big Show outside the ring and let him make one dumb mistake to get himself counted out (which other guys have done). Show has lost in the dumbest ways imaginable for someone his size and Funk will take advantage of it and pick up the win.

12. Con T.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is an argument based in legitimately zero logic or fact. Said argument is of course usually wrapped around the hope that saying the other argument is "ignorant" enough times, that people will believe it. It's very similar to when people speak loudly, when they want people to think their right.

Besides not adding anything to the conversation, it will often delude reality, such as;

1. That said match with a celebrity involved like ten people interfering, and getting involved.

2. Said argument is incredibly circular, and not in a good way. It starts with the idea that the crowd is "cosmetic". Said fan probably doesn't understand how much Oklahomans hate Texans.

Said "logic" doesn't seem to matter anyway, because said logic also basically admits Terry Funk is working as the heel (Terry will distract the ref and use a chair).

Be that the case, said argument seems to ignore that heel Terry Funk is a glorified jobber with no significant win to his names.

Should you meet said types of arguments in this tournament, kindly feel free to point this poor poster to where he's gone wrong, and work to rectify the situation.

Thank you for your efforts,
    Haiku Hogan

13. AhSpicyDrop

AhSpicyDrop Trinidad Moruga Scorpion SPICY!

Most of Funk's best work was done as a heel, so why would you assume he wouldn't be in the first place? Texas was the only place the Funks could rule as faces, and even then it was split depending on which Texas territory they were working. So... of course Funk would be working heel, especially in Oklahoma.

The fact that Funk is working as a heel works AGAINST Big Show is what you don't understand. Show's face runs have been a laughing stock, and at times he's been a comedy jobber as a face. He's taken much less seriously in the face role and perceived to be a lot less dangerous overall.

Funk wins this in almost every regard... Drawing money? Check. More memorable feuds? Check. Overness Internationally? Check.

14. The Brain

The Brain King Of The Ring

I could see both of these guys losing here as both tended to do throughout their careers. So who is more likely to win? Even though both frequently put over others throughout their careers I think Terry Funk was always taken more seriously. Big Show goes through spurts where he is literally just a joke if he's lucky enough to be on tv at all. Funk had his wacky moments but he was always viewed as a threat. Big Show has not which is even worse for him considering his size. Funk wins this one.

15. GI Cake

GI Cake Thank God For Sodamy.

By the time I watched Terry Funk, he was an old, withered man trying to beat Mick Foley to death in a No DQ match and it was awesome. Big Show to this day has yet to do anything that entertained me, I'm voting Funk because I hate Big Show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.