WWE Ranks The Top 50 WCW Wrestlers Of All-Time

Am I the only one who is happy that they put Dennis Rodman on the list?

For the mainstream attention he brought alone I kinda feel he deserves to be #50 or so. Malone and Leno too. They all should have been tied for 50, or #48-50.

His long reign reminds me so much of cody rhodes 236 day IC reign this Year. Young up and comer with tons of talent who during his reign beat
1.Bigshow
2.Sheamus
3.Orton
4.John Morrison and
5.Booker T.

Thats three hall of famers. Show, Orton and Booker T.
With saying all that, 236 days and beating 3 hall of famers Rhodes wouldnt make a top 50 WWE list. Even more so if Rhodes left the WWE tom and went to TNA and made TNA the biggest company in wrestling, he still wouldn't be a top 50 WWE wrestler. He just wouldn't be. For the same reasons Austin isnt a top 50 wcw wrestler. He just isn't. Don't fool yourself Austin was a mid/upper WCW midcarder. Nothing more.

Thinking otherwise is delusional.

Geez, I wonder if Cody Rhodes has only thirteen years worth of talent to combat; wait, no that's right, WCW got bought by the WWE and due to that ended, therefore when you judge the top fifty you have to look into the past.

Rhodes OBVIOUSLY wouldn't make a Top 50 list because WWE have fifty years worth of history, WCW has thirteen years worth and in said thirteen years it was marginally the same talent that did anything special, in the five years Steve Austin was there he did nothing but special things, hence why he spent more time with a Championship than without one. Hence why he was in one of the best tag teams WCW ever produced. Hence why he features on the Clash of the Champions DVD and hence why he made the list, as is deserved. Not that it matters anyway, it is a list made by one guy working for WWE.

Are you understanding this now? Do you get it? The fact I had to explain the basic definition of past-to-present makes me believe my criticisms and use of the word "******" may hold legitimate weight.

The top 5 is fine, but could argue Naitch should have been number 1 with Sting 2.

Rodman being in the list is strange, if they were putting celebrities in, surely it should have been Arquette?

Bischoff should not be in in the list

Austin should be a bit lower

Bret Hart should be higher, although nowhere near the top.

Rey should be the highest Cruiserweight, easily.

Geez, I wonder if Cody Rhodes has only thirteen years worth of talent to combat; wait, no that's right, WCW got bought by the WWE and due to that ended, therefore when you judge the top fifty you have to look into the past.

Rhodes OBVIOUSLY wouldn't make a Top 50 list because WWE have fifty years worth of history, WCW has thirteen years worth and in said thirteen years it was marginally the same talent that did anything special, in the five years Steve Austin was there he did nothing but special things, hence why he spent more time with a Championship than without one. Hence why he was in one of the best tag teams WCW ever produced. Hence why he features on the Clash of the Champions DVD and hence why he made the list, as is deserved. Not that it matters anyway, it is a list made by one guy working for WWE.

Are you understanding this now? Do you get it? The fact I had to explain the basic definition of past-to-present makes me believe my criticisms and use of the word "******" may hold legitimate weight.

I don't know why you think calling me a ****** makes your points more valid. If anything it makes me think less then you. You are only 20 years old and didn't live through the period. The reason Austin is on the DVD's now is for marketing. Austin sells, so of course they put him on covers.

Austin did nothing but special things? Ya thats incorrect. He was boring and stale. He was so special that eric bischoff fired him over the telephone. During that period wcw only used like 20 wrestlers. He was one of them but they had a good amount of belts. Everybody was a champion, I will give you that Austin had a long reign, how ever during that period with the belt he was used as a jobber to the bigger talent at house shows. Austin was never a draw in WCW.

Calling me a ****** doesn't make your argument stronger, you're wrong and I'm done discussing this. I won't be responding. You have just lost to a ******.

I really don't know how you can watch the Hollywood Blondes and say Austin was boring to watch in WCW, nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not saying he was a main eventer but he was just as good as pretty much any main eventer there at the time outside of Flair, Sting, Vader or Hogan.

I really don't know how you can watch the Hollywood Blondes and say Austin was boring to watch in WCW, nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not saying he was a main eventer but he was just as good as pretty much any main eventer there at the time outside of Flair, Sting, Vader or Hogan.

Agreed...and the thing is, Austin's time in WCW was limited because of that fateful injury that changed the course of wrestling forever...you know, the one that he was sitting at home recovering from when Bischoff fired him, that caused him to go to ECW, that forced the WWF to notice him, etc. If Austin doesn't get that particular injury, he was well on his way to becoming a main eventer in WCW. He wasn't there yet obviously, but he was rising up the ranks.

Agreed...and the thing is, Austin's time in WCW was limited because of that fateful injury that changed the course of wrestling forever...you know, the one that he was sitting at home recovering from when Bischoff fired him, that caused him to go to ECW, that forced the WWF to notice him, etc. If Austin doesn't get that particular injury, he was well on his way to becoming a main eventer in WCW. He wasn't there yet obviously, but he was rising up the ranks.

His injury was an issue.

Sadly though I think when Hogan came to WCW that spelled the beginning of the end for him. Although he didn't face Hogan upright it was around that time guys like Austin, who was at the time of Hogan's arrival was having a great feud with Ricky Steamboat which was gonna lead him to the US title no doubt. Unfortunately Steamboat got injured, Austin got the title only to lose it in 10 seconds to Duggan immediately afterwards. He basically put in all that work with Steamboat for nothing which I'm sure made him bitter. If Hogan's arrival was delayed for 6-8 months Austin probably would have been a main eventer it just didn't work out that way. I don't recall much from Stunning Steve Austin after that which was a shame because he had 2-3 rock solid years in WCW where he constantly got better as time went on. It's insane to get rid of a guy who always improves because you know when he peaks its gonna be special.

I think it was part injury, part circumstance with the changing of WCW and part bad attitude with Austin for getting treated like he was a nobody.

William Regal isn't happy with WWE.com's list of top 50 WCW stars. Regal, who was ranked #35, wrote the following:

"Whoever put together the top 50 WCW superstars on WWE.com needs a kick up the selection box."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back