WWE Ranks The Top 50 WCW Wrestlers Of All-Time

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Posted in: WWE
WWE Ranks The Top 50 WCW Wrestlers Of All-Time
By Daniel Pena
May 22, 2012 - 10:04:23 AM

WWE.com has released a list counting down the top 50 WCW wrestlers of all-time. Eligibility begins with Ted Turner’s purchase of World Championship Wrestling in 1988—anything from Jim Crockett Promotions and NWA predating this is ineligible. Those eligible were rated only on their accomplishments while in WCW, as well as everything from longevity to cultural impact.

1. Sting
2. Ric Flair
3. "Hollywood" Hogan
4. Goldberg
5. Kevin Nash
6. Diamond Dallas Page
7. Lex Luger
8. Booker T
9. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
10. Scott Steiner
11. Big Van Vader
12. Scott Hall
13. Dean Malenko
14. "Psycho" Sid Vicious
15. "Stunning" Steve Austin
16. Ron Simmons
17. Arn Anderson
18. Eddie Guerrero
19. The Giant
20. Brian Pillman
21. Rick Steiner
22. Rey Mysterio
23. Barry Windham
24. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
25. Eric Bischoff
26. Rick Rude
27. Chris Jericho
28. Buff Bagwell
29. Billy Kidman
30. Raven
31. The Great Muta
32. Lance Storm
33. Terry Funk
34. Konnan
35. Lord Steven Regal
36. Ultimo Dragon
37. Cactus Jack
38. Michael "P.S." Hayes
39. Curt Hennig
40. Kevin Sullivan
41. Bret "Hit Man" Hart
42. Dustin Rhodes
43. Saturn
44. Bobby Eaton
45. Kanyon
46. Larry Zbyszko
47. Meng
48. Dennis Rodman
49. Juventud Guerrera
50. Jeff Jarrett

Source
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/50-greatest-wcw-stars

No Earnest "the cat Miller" O.O somebody call his momma!! <--(joke) I thought he was funny
I see the Chris Benoit rule still applies here too.
and if we are talking about WCW runs why is "Stunning" Steve Austin over Brian Pillman? Flyin Brian had more success than Steve Austin did.. ??? also Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat had more success then either of them did.. and is ranked under.

Who Betta than Kanyon? Dennis Rodman made the list??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? , they might as well have had Jay Leno and Karl Malone on there

Lance Storm, who placed No. 32 in WWE.com's "Top 50 WCW Superstars" list, offered his thoughts on the feature via Twitter: "Don&#8217;t bother sending me the WCW Superstars list. I don&#8217;t care. Its one dude making a list, it means nothing."

Interesting...Sting #1 WCW Wrestler ever, and it was only a few weeks ago that Sting was added to the WWE Roster alumni section on WWE.COM. The WWE may not be actively going after Sting right now, but they sure as hell aren't trying to alienate him, are they?

Interesting...Sting #1 WCW Wrestler ever, and it was only a few weeks ago that Sting was added to the WWE Roster alumni section on WWE.COM. The WWE may not be actively going after Sting right now, but they sure as hell aren't trying to alienate him, are they?

To everyone who thinks Sting topping the list is just WWE's way of trying to suck up and seduce him into crossing over: Are you kidding me?

Sting EARNED the top honors. He was the franchise player at WCW start to finish. I don't think the NWO would have been half as popular if 'Crow' Sting hadn't been there to act as a foil. The last WCW match ever was Sting and Flair. The man paid his dues and earned his spot.

I'm glad Malenko was so high on the list. That guy was a wrestling encyclopedia. Yeah, having Rodman on this list is a joke. Where's David Arguette? lol.

To everyone who thinks Sting topping the list is just WWE's way of trying to suck up and seduce him into crossing over: Are you kidding me?

Sting EARNED the top honors. He was the franchise player at WCW start to finish. I don't think the NWO would have been half as popular if 'Crow' Sting hadn't been there to act as a foil. The last WCW match ever was Sting and Flair. The man paid his dues and earned his spot.

Given their love affair with Ric Flair, they could just as easily have named Flair #1. Considering that without Hogan and the nWo, WCW never seriously competes with the WWF, they could have justified listing Hogan over Sting as well. It's the WWE, their "lists" are almost never conventionally accurate. There are always people listed far higher or lower than they should be, based on however Vince feels about them at the time.

Look at their list of the 50 greatest WWE wrestlers sometime...you can't tell me that there aren't some anomalies. Snuka ranked higher than Angle? Bruno Sammartino at #24 and Hogan at #23, guys that held the WWWF/WWF championship for almost 17 years between them ranked below Terry Funk, Jerry Lawler, Curt Hennig and Eddie Guerrero?

C'mon. WWE made lists are usually full of shit. This one is little different. They have Eric Bischoff not only listed as a wrestler, but ahead of guys like Rude, Jericho, Muta, Cactus Jack and Hennig. Dean Malenko is rated higher than Arn Anderson and Barry Windham?

I am not suggesting at all that Sting is undeserving of the #1 spot. If I were doing that list, he would have been my #1 as well. But given how the WWE compiles their "Greatest" lists, you have to account for ulterior motives playing a large part in the decision making. All I am saying is that it doesn't hurt their chances with Sting the more they mention him in a positive light, and that the timing of this list, shortly after adding Sting to the Alumni section, is suspect.

Also, I largely agree with this list. WCW purists will cry about Hogan being #3, but he deserves it. I think Arn Anderson and The Giant should be higher than guys like Austin, Sid, Malenko and possibly even Steiner. Other than that, I think it's a decent list.

Uh, Austin had more success than Pillman, dude. No idea what you're talking about.

Not a whole lot of complaints here, honestly. Giant should have been above Steve Austin. As should Rick Rude and Steamboat. Not that bad a list though, really.

I don't agree with all of it but I agree with the vast majority of it. Top 5 I think is pretty good when you think of it. Sting as #1 makes the most sense. I would like Vader and Hall a few spots higher, doesn't make much sense to have Malenko at 13 and Mysterio at 22 since I would put Mysterio higher taking their WCW careers only into account but I'm just nitpicking.

All in all good list.

The top 5 is right, but the rest of the list is ridiculous.

Not in WCW he didn't. Austin being that high on the list is an absolute joke.

Uh, yeah he did. He had high profile feuds as well as runs with the US Title and TV Title. Pillman was a tag team guy.

I agree that he shouldn't be that high on the list, but he belongs above Pillman.

Who below Austin should have been ranked above him then?

For starters, ARN ANDERSON?

But there are a lot of names below him that had a much more predominant role in WCW than Austin ever had. Austin was apart of a very good tag team, and had a forgettable run as US Champion. That's it, though. No major storylines or title runs.

What this list also shows you is that WCW invested in very few guys during their run. I mean, compare this to the WWE list and I am pretty sure than a career lower midcarder like Malenko is not at number 12. WCW was all about the main eventers and then no one else. The undercard had great matches but WCW never invested in them.

Also wonder where Benoit would have been. Top 20 surely, maybe even in the top 15.

Uh, yeah he did. He had high profile feuds as well as runs with the US Title and TV Title. Pillman was a tag team guy.

I agree that he shouldn't be that high on the list, but he belongs above Pillman.

Pillman main evented a pay-per-view, help pioneer the Cruiserweight division with his matches against Jushin Liger, was apart of the 4 Horsemen, and had one of the most memorable segments in the history of the company with Kevin Sullivan.

For starters, ARN ANDERSON?

But there are a lot of names below him that had a much more predominant role in WCW than Austin ever had. Austin was apart of a very good tag team, and had a forgettable run as US Champion. That's it, though. No major storylines or title runs.

I'm surprised Arn Anderson is only 53. I would have guessed him to be in his 60s.

Pillman main evented a pay-per-view,

Elaborate. I honestly didn't know that.

help pioneer the Cruiserweight division with his matches against Jushin Liger,

Yeah because when I think of WCW Cruiserweights, I think of Pillman and Liger.

was apart of the 4 Horsemen,

So was this guy:

!BZ5oDrwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBKo-n5YBFw~~_35.JPG

and had one of the most memorable segments in the history of the company with Kevin Sullivan.

That's highly questionable. I doubt it's even in the top 25.

Elaborate. I honestly didn't know that.

Yeah because when I think of WCW Cruiserweights, I think of Pillman and Liger.

So was this guy:

!BZ5oDrwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBKo-n5YBFw~~_35.JPG

That's highly questionable. I doubt it's even in the top 25.

Pillman was in the main event of WrestleWar 1991 in WarGames. Austin was in the main event of WrestleWar 1992 in WarGames.

Indulge me.

One of I believe four men to win the WCW Grand Slam (along with Page, Sting and Luger), won more titles than anyone in company history if my memory is right, rose up the ranks as well as anyone else.

That being said:

Sting
Flair
Hogan
Luger
Goldberg

Not much room for Booker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads