• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE PPV's

MinistryofDeath89

CM Perfection
Ever since Cm Punk had that epic promo a few months ago. The WWE creative team have finally made an effort with the WWE PPV's . For the past few years some of the WWE PPV's names and matches have have been a disgrace and just god awful. But every since WM27 finished the WWE have made a really good effort and finally created a few storylines that made sense. I enjoyed the Extreme Rules PPV, The Money in the Bank PPV (In my opinion is the best PPV so far this year) Yes I know John Cena vs Cm Punk match was the main reason everyone bought the money in the bank but I thought the Raw & Smackdown ladder matches where every well done. And the same goes for Summerslam.. Great match between Orton and Christian. And the ending of summerslam was brilliant every well done and every unpredictable. Im just hoping now Night of Champions will be a very good PPV as well. Im hoping it's going to be Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena vs Cm Punk for the WWE title.

So what do u think of the WWE PPV's so far this year???

I agree it has been very intresting but i feel wwe needs to expand these great storylines and create new ones for the mid carders and the Smackdown brand. I have yet to be impressed with the storyline between Randy and Christian i just don't see anything of intrest in it. Its like christian from wrestlemania 18 being the weiner and complainer he was. i would rather see Randy go against Cody Rhodes rather then christian. And the mid carders need to get a big push too. Divas and tag seem to be on the up and up which is good but now they need to put it in pay per views then they will be much better

First I agree that the last 2-3 PPV's have been pretty damn good from my perspective.

All had a purpose and all did a good job of moving things forward such as pushes and storylines. Not only that WWE has been doing a tremendous job doing something they haven't done in years, making you legitimately interested for next weeks show, that is a feeling I haven't had in the WWE since, I honestly can't remember when.

With that said I understand they are walking on a very fine line right now and it would be VERY easy to fall back into the same routine as they have in the past (last year with Nexus is a good example of what I'm talking about). So far I feel they are doing a very good job, they are getting me emotionally invested in WWE again whereas over the last 7-8 years, although I'm not saying the product was bad (I'm thinking it very LOUDLY however) but there was nothing happening that got you emotionally invested in the product, they are doing that now and my hat goes off to them for doing so.

Right now I hope the trend lasts, PPV quality and show quality has gotten much better than it has in recent history, it feels like they are actually doing something instead of killing TV time, I just hope that they keep the trend going and future RAW's and PPV's keep me interested because a few bad booking moves could reverse everything that's happened and it would be VERY EASY for the WWE to do that.

They've done a good job with the main events and using them to create some sort of anticipation for the future I'll give them that. But, one thing I noticed during summerslam was that the last two matches were the same as Money in the Bank. Now, granted Cena Punk had some sort of resolution w/o killing Punk or Cena's momentum (I think) the rest of the card was crap. Christian Orton got a rather anti-climactic ending compared to it, despite a pretty brutal match (is it just me or is it kind of bad taste having christian in a brutal match taking a rko on the stairs after having edge come out who's career was ended due to such matches). The rest of the card was lackluster to say the least. While DB/Barrett ended up pretty good, the hype for the match was hardly there, and the opening match wasn't even scheduled despite being a good spot fest... really i think the storylines have been crap short of punk and cena (which I'm sure is because top brass is involved in that one), the rest of the card is the wrestlers stepping their games up as a result, rather than creative doing something to beef up the cards.

The payperviews have been fantastic this year.. EXCEPT Capitol Punishment, i mean come on please, i like R-Truth but the PPV was just awful. Last month or 2 have definetely put the WWE a couple of gears ahead leading up to the road of Wrestlemania 28

There have been a COUPLE of good PPV's this year such As MITB,Extreme Rules & Summerslam but the rest haven't been up to standered.WM was lackluster and same for EC,but yeh since the CM Punk Promo WWE have improved there PPV.Apart From WM Every PPV this year has made new storylines & have made u intrested for the following RAW or SD episodes.The Product has been great and the match quality is much better than before.

But one mistake could make WWE go back to the boring,make kids happy show and we all know how that is....(N) I feel like they need to make new Mid-Card storylines going into night of champions to make u intrested in Main Event & Mid Card Matches.Every Main Event Fued this year has made me intrested and has given us something different and his been enjoyable,therefore it makes u want to keep watching & watching.

This Years PPV's have been good!!!

Vince has always said RAW was his baby, he loves it! Which is why all the effort seems to be heading into their feuds (Punk/Cena or Morrison/Truth). And Cena is the main man, he's the one who gets the biggest reaction from the croud, he's the guy people pay to see and putting him with CM Punk will only be good. I have only just started paying attention to SmackDown due to the Christian/Orton fued.

But i loved the SummerSlam and Money In The Bank PPV as all the matches are entertaining and the WWE team has managed to put people together who can create an entertaining match, i mean at SummerSlam the WHC match was awesome! This shows that you don't need blood to have a decent stipulation match.

I am loving WWE at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back