Should the WWE Lessen the # of PPV's Per Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lessening the number of PPV's would be smart. They currently do 13 or 14 per year, which is ridiculous. Several of them are not needed and could be done away with completely. Here is the lineup that I would do:

January: Royal Rumble
February: Elimination Chamber
March/April: Wrestlemania
May/June: Money In the Bank
August: Summerslam
September/October: Night of Champions
November: Survivor Series
December: TLC

The first three are obvious, the road to Wrestlemania. Extreme Rules is worthless, so it goes. Over the Limit has had decent cards, but it really isn't needed. Fatal Fourway seems to be gone for good, and I'm nearly 100% convinced that Capitol Punishment will be joining it. MITB is needed and should remain unless they bring that match back to Wrestlemania. Summerslam obviously stays. Night of Champions is my favorite PPV other than the Big 4 so I would not want to see it go. Having every title on the line is awesome, unlike the Miz. Survivor Series stays out of history. TLC got to stay due to it being 4 gimmicks in one (tables, ladders, chairs, TLC) and the best of the new gimmick themed shows.

If there were less PPV's then fans would feel more inclined to buy the next show because the feuds will be able to last long enough for WWE to make us care, and we as fans wouldn't have to find a way to save up as much money for ordering monthly PPV's. WWE would make more money and we get better quality shows, so everyone wins if they did less PPV's. Does that mean they'd actually go through with it though? Of course not. Unfortunately.

Yeah it Should only be 1 PPV A month And if it is all about the money like in the UK, They should have a Dedicated Sky box Office Channel that shows Replays once a night until the next PPV Because theyd still get the money. It Seems like its really Expensive when its only £14:95 here Including a Few freebies. Now i dont know how PPV Systems in America work as ive only been there thrice but only an opinion from a fan in the UK :)

Personally I think the E should just lessen the number of PPV's because it costs us a bundle just to keep up with the daily storylines that is the WWE on a monthly basis, and that's not fair at all.

Yeah it's all about that money-money yeah-yeah!

But Vince McMahon is sucking us dry for it each month. I just think that the PPV's need to be atleast down to 7 by best.

1. Royal Rumble
2. Wrestlemania
3. King of the Ring
4. Money in the Bank
5. Summerslam
6. Night of Champions
7. Survivor Series
8. December to Dismember (WWE owns the rights & name of ECW still)

So that would be it if the WWE cuts down the their PPV's.

Personally I think the E should just lessen the number of PPV's because it costs us a bundle just to keep up with the daily storylines that is the WWE on a monthly basis, and that's not fair at all.

Yeah it's all about that money-money yeah-yeah!

But Vince McMahon is sucking us dry for it each month. I just think that the PPV's need to be atleast down to 7 by best.

What people need to realize is it isn't what is fair it is what is profitable. What is profitable is many PPVs, they just need to get the PPV buyrates up. They need to do that by lowering the price and cutting just a handful, maybe two or three so story lines can progress and you can build up hype.

I mean I honestly wouldn't even care if they started to build up stories by having them make matches to not the next PPV but the PPV after.

For example why can't they make a match for SummerSlam now. Start building the hype. Have the matches set for PPVs a month or so in advance and start to book for the PPV after. If done right it could make for entertaining TV.

I've always felt a PPV a month has been a factor in diluting and to a over-saturation of the product. On the other hand, I do think it if one really wanted to, it could be system that works in a way not detrimental to the quality of the product if you had better creative to back it up. So I guess its a chicken or the egg kind of deal. Is it the shoddy creative behind the scenes or too many PPV's?

I personally don't think there is enough time for both shows to build up each pay-per-view. I don't think WWE should lower the PPVs per year, instead they should go back to the brand-exclusive PPV events, keeping the Big 4 PPVs as the dual-branded ones (RR, WM, SummerSlam, Survivor Series). This would give each brand the chance to build more stars and more feuds that the fans would actually care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back