• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE No Way Out 2012: Layla (c) vs Beth Phoenix [Divas Championship]

1truefan

Wrestling analyst Diva expert
It was announced on wwe.com after a very underwhelming mixed tag match Layla will indeed defend her Divas Championship against Beth Phoenix. After returning to the ring after a year long absence due to a knee injury. Layla has been on quite a roll only losing once this past Monday. Beth Phoenix has been bitter since losing the Diva's title to Nikki Bella on Raw in April and then losing her rematch to Layla (who won the title at ER) and has vowed to win back the title from our favorite British diva. Although there has been very little build to this match what are your predictions? Do you think this would be an opportune time for Kharma to return? or will this feud drag on throughout the summer?

I think Kharma diserves more build, in the sense that the divas need more build for Kharma to return.Make Beth Phoenix dominate and let Kharma be the one to end it ( after a long feud ofc ). Ofc this is easier said than done. They need an actual storyline to keep it going past one PPV match.Which means they need to invest some time into the divas. I appreciate they are showing AJ some love.( and she is doing a hell of a job with what she is given ).

But they must not forget about the other divas.Since Raw will be 3 hours maybe its time that they put some thought into the divas division and how stupid it is atm. I mean when the ONLY good match is Beth vs Natalya ( I forgot about Tamina sorry but she is MIA ) you have a problem, you cant just have 2 divas that are relevant in the ring and the rest being eye-candy. I mean you can since no one cares but if Kharma is to return they need to at least make people notice them.

Am I the only one extremely tired of last second Diva's Matches being thrown onto PPV Cards. I mean damn, give the girls something. If you have too, put them on SD! permanently. Or they can give them a decent 10 minutes once they go 3 hours.

As for the match, I have no idea. I guess give the title back to Beth so that Kharma has a valuable feud when she returns.

Am I the only one extremely tired of last second Diva's Matches being thrown onto PPV Cards. I mean damn, give the girls something. If you have too, put them on SD! permanently. Or they can give them a decent 10 minutes once they go 3 hours.

As for the match, I have no idea. I guess give the title back to Beth so that Kharma has a valuable feud when she returns.

No you are not the only one. I know women's wrestling does not matter at all in WWE ( Hence the report that Kharma is set to return but creative has nothing for her ) but cmon instead of half-assing it constantly, if even that , either do something with them , use Tamina, hell use Natalya she is constantly being underused and seen in backstage segments when she belongs in the ring , or , or , just freaking be done with the division cause I hate careing about sth that I know will never get better.

Reactions: IHW
Yawn. Divas title matches with no storyline or build-up are as worthless as the Great Khali and Hornswoggle.

Poor Divas. I remember when they actually used to have feuds first that lead into matches.

I could honestly see either woman winning this match and sadly what would it matter? They had no divas match on Raw or Smackdown for two to three weeks in a row, and then just had a meh mixed tag match. I have been watching for over ten years now and sadly I feel the divas division is just going to dwindle away and become extinct in the next couple years or less. I was SOOOOOOOOOO stoked when Kharma "returned" at the Rumble but as time passes and with creative "having nothing for her?????" i'm starting to think Kharma will never grace WWE live tv again. Here is to hoping the WWE proves my theory wrong, but I aint holding my breath.

I wanna say Beth will win and Kharma will come out to stare her down but it seem WWE have no idea wat to do w/ Kharma so i say Layla wins

I'm with you guys. I'm tired of the last minute diva matches that last 2 minutes. I'm a huge fan of women's wrestling, but WWE's division is a joke and has been a joke for a very long time. When was the last time the divas actually had a feud for the divas title that led to a ppv match? And no, Kharma isn't going to "save" the division like so many have been saying ever since she came to WWE, then she goes and gets pregnant. And now everyone is still talking about her, waiting for her to return and "save" the division. I haven't seen anything special in her, she's just a female version of Mark Henry. Big, fat, and not entertaining. yes, I watched her in TNA and didn't care for her then and don't care for her now.

I am tired of all the last minute Divas title filler matches. They deserve more than that, and I wouldn't mind a few more storylines involving the divas. Beth and Layla could have been a decent feud if any time at all was given to it. My guess Beth will win title back and the groundwork will start being laid for Kharma's return.

Well, it could be worse. We have a Divas Championship match between two girls who can actually wrestle. I'm not that interested in the match, but at least it will be worth watching. Layla's reign has not been that impressive, so a victory here would help her out, especially given how dominant Beth was. This is just to give the divas something to do until Kharma returns. No matter who wins here, once Kharma comes back that belt is hers. I think Beth will put Layla over, the division needs more stronger names so it makes sense for Layla to retain and look more credible. The match won't be anything to write home about, but it won't be the worst of the night for once, unlike most diva matches.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Layla will retain the Divas Championship.

if they give them enough time i think they can do good. Layla has really improved in the ring and we all know how good Beth is. Kharma could make this more intristing. But i think it will be decent if given the time.

I'm thinking Layla wins here, but that seems like a bit of a given. I can't see the WWE halting the push they've given Layla yet, as they seem sold on making her the new, marketable face of the division, with Kelly Kelly probably gone for quite some time. Beth's a great performer, but she's not meant to win here; however, I'm not completely dismissing a title change as a possibility. Kharma vs Beth Phoenix seems to be the big diva feud that everybody is anticipating and Kharma teased a return a few short days ago (only to remove the tweet moments after), so she may very well be returning at No Way Out. If that is the case, I can see Beth winning, only to set up a Beth/Kharma feud right off the bat. Sure, it's possible to have Kharma take the belt off of Layla after she retains, but I can only envision the WWE trying to work on the Kharma/Beth feud right away.

In terms of diva matches, Layla and Beth's matches haven't been awful. Don't get me wrong, they're still the worst match on the card, but it's watchable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back