WWE Money In The Bank - Layla (C) vs Kelly Kelly - Women's Championship Match

Ferbian

Has Returned.

WWE.com said:
Ever since defeating Beth Phoenix earlier this year to claim the Women’s Championship, Layla has had little problem flaunting her accomplishment. And with Michelle McCool at her side, the self-proclaimed “Co-Women’s Champions” tout themselves any chance they get.

But team “Lay-Cool” hasn’t been as entirely “flawless” as they claim to be. Quietly making a name for herself is Kelly Kelly, who boasts recent victories over both Michelle (PHOTOS) and Layla (PHOTOS). Now, in her first title opportunity ever, Kelly is looking to get a victory when it really counts.

Although Kelly has proven she has what it takes to win, can she avoid two potential obstacles – besides Layla – that stand between her and the Women’s Championship?

The first possible problem for Kelly is Michelle. Will the self-proclaimed “Co-Women’s Champion” accompany Layla to the ring at Money in the Bank? If she does, what role may she play in how things unfold?

Secondly, could Official SmackDown Consultant Vickie Guerrero exert her power in some form? In recent weeks Vickie’s attention has been on Dolph Ziggler and his quest to qualify for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match (preview), but certainly Vickie has not forgotten about Layla. After all, Layla won the title in a Handicap Match orchestrated by none other than Vickie herself. (More)

Despite the associates that Layla has surrounded herself with, Kelly can claim the smart, sexy and powerful Tiffany as someone she can count on. If Tiffany is at Money in the Bank, certainly she will be in Kelly’s corner.

Watch live on pay-per-view on July 18 at 8 p.m. ET to see who will return to Friday nights as the Women’s Champion.

This thread is to discuss the match between Layla and Kelly Kelly.

Who do you think will come out the champion? Will Layla leave looking simply flawless? Or will Kelly Kelly finally overtake her bullies?

While it's nice to see Kelly get a run at a women's championship, I don't think the time is quite right for her to win it yet. LayCool are hilarious and entertaining, and I fear that WWE may try to split them up if Layla loses the title. I'm not totally averse to a Kelly Kelly title reign, but I'd prefer it to come later. Maybe LayCool could win, and be bullying Kelly until she gets saved by a returning Beth Phoenix.

So yeah, my prediction to win is Layla.

As much as I would love to see Kelly Kelly win here, it's her first title match, and I think it will go to Layla, and then i'm hoping at SummerSlam they have a rematch were Kelly Kelly can win it at the biggest party of the Summer!!

So i'm guessing Layla for this one!

Although Kelly is riding a wave of momentum knocking off both members of LayCool in singles competition, I'm going to say that Layla retains her championship. It's the most logical decision a booker can do if they decide to make both parties look good, which is what the SD creative team are good at. One wrestler gets the upper hand leading up to the PPV and the other wins. No credibility lost. The idea of having co-women's champions is a unique idea for the WWE and really emphases the bond Michelle/Layla have as best friends, much to the dismay of the fans (which is a good thing).

However, I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly with the belt. She'd be one of the youngest women's champions ever and she's definitely proved she hang with the best, improving so much in the past several months. LayCool are entertaining by themselves... the championship just adds some flare. Kelly, while pretty over, could use the win to solidify herself as a professional wrestler rather than eye candy.

Either way, it's going to be another chapter in the Layla/Kelly feud. They've come along way and it will be interesting to see them work a match together without the help of their respective partners. It's pretty much a sign to step-up for both girls and I think both will rise to the occasion.

As the majority has said, I believe Layla will come out on top of this one.

While Kelly Kelly has improved mightily over the past couple of months, she is not ready to take the belt, as she is not entertaining as Laycool nor as good as Laycool in any aspect of the WWE, other then hotness.

Kelly has looked rather good over the past couple of weeks, and I just don't see Laycool losing to Kelly on Smackdown and then on Pay Per View as then you are just making them look weak.

The co champions angle has been working "flawlessly" and has been rather entertaining and I always enjoy Laycool on my tv, and not for just their looks but for their entertainment value on the mic and in the ring, and they will nor should not lose the belts at Money In The Bank.

Prediction: Layla with the clean pinfall victory

Glad to see Kelly challengeing for the womens title. She has improve a lot since her debut I think back in 2006. As for who is going to win this match I am going with Layla to retain with some help from Michelle Mcool.

This is Kelly first ever championship matchup I belive and while. I wouldn't mind her winning the belt I don't see that happening so Layla for the win here.

I literally went into depression when they announced this.

There are 5 women (who aren't injured) in the WWE who will take no part in the ring at Money in the Bank - and we get these two.

Layla to retain - not that I particularly care. Any importance/respectability/relevance in the Women's title went a long time ago.

Kelly Kelly has really improved her wrestling skills and will eventually win the title, but I do think her chasing for the title makes this more interesting. I see Michelle interfering and Layla winning. They have the chance to make this a good storyline, but eventually the Blondtourage will get the title and that will make looking at Kelly Kelly and Tiffany even better.

I'm going to have to pick Layla to win. Kelly Kelly is receiving a nice push, but I just can't see her as the one who stops LayCool. LayCool is easily the hottest thing in WWE as far as women's wrestling goes, so I just can't see Vince and creative pulling the plug on this duo just yet.

As far as the match itself goes, I don't expect too much from this one. I think this one has the chance to be solid, because I can't remember a good match Kelly or Layla have had in the past couple of months.

The mean team that is LayCool will continue their dominance on Smackdown, and maybe Kelly will get her chance to wear gold some where down the line.

UGHH. Of all the women to put in a title match, they pick the two worst ones, Kelly and Layla. Does anyone remember the amazing matches that Lita and Trish put on???? But back on topic... i predict Layla will win with some help from Michelle. I would hate to see Kelly win here because I thinkk she is worse than Layla. But unfortunately, i believe Kelly will win the belt eventually.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Kelly get a diva's title match against Maryse a while back????????? So that would make this her second title shot, right???? Not the first.

PREDICTION : Layla retains with help from Michelle, Despite Tiffany's attempts to save the match-up.

I have heard rumors that Beth Phoenix has been cleared to compete. So I'm hoping that a returning Beth Phoenix could disqualify Kelly Kelly, and or Lay-Cool.

I say Layla to retain (not that i particularly care). This match could be OK there tag match on superstars this week was atleast watchable so if its like that then it wont be too bad. I actually really enjoy laycool as co champs so let them keep it like that until beth returns and takes the title back.

I'm going to go against everyone else on here and say Kelly. When it comes to the Womens Championship, WWE treats it as the lowest belt, so any push from any Diva is, IMO, a sign of who is going to win the belt.

So I say Kelly with help from either Beth or Tiffany

I've honestly never seen Layla do anything in the ring that's ever resembled decent wrestling. Not. Once.

I have, however, seen her do a great job a portraying a character the entire time she's on screen. So, she works well for what the WWE is going for with their division. I don't think it's time for her to lose the title just yet and I'd be really surprised if it happens. Add to that the fact,that Beth is supposed to come back relatively soon I don't think they want to belt on a heel just yet. Because Beth's different kind of beauty v.s. the classic high mean girls act of Laycool, in my opinion, is much more entertaining than any program they could work with Kelly/Tiffany. I don't think the SD creative team is going to give up on that just yet.

It'll be a shit filler match, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure neither Kelly nor Layla have ever had a match that's approached passable, and this should be no different. They'll look nice though, I'd think. Cleavage will be a plenty.

Layla should win since Team LayCool is actually somewhat of a storyline that could be going somewhere and Kelly as champ would be pretty pointless. People are saying the manly one is coming back soon. Maybe she'll get involved, or something.

I see layla retaining not that I particularly care, the in ring stuff in this match will most likly be nothing short of abysmal I guess the build up has been alright though so the match could be OK.

I don't understand why all of you are dissing Layla. I don't think she is nearly as bad as the other diva search girls that are wrestling today and you actually feel like she cares about the business unlike some of them. Obviously she isn't the best but she definitely stepped up to the plate when she needed to and she has yet to disappoint me. I mean look back at what she used to look like inside the ring. She has improved immensely and WAY more than Kelly has. A lot of people wanna say that Kelly deserves a championship because of her improvement, but honestly I don't see how she improved, she still makes stupid mistakes and only hits high spots, we have never truly seen her wrestle. Not to mention the girl has no personality.

If the WWE pins the title on Kelly at any time in her career it'll be a huge mistake. I would like to say that Layla will win this one but with the WWE you never know and they've been prone to making shit decisions when it comes to the women's division. I mean first they release mickie james then they give eve a title? Really? Anyways, that's a good example of why Kelly won't make a good champion, look at Eve. She has improved so much and there is NO DOUBT that she'll make a good champ someday but it was too soon for her because she has no personality. Same will happen to Kelly if she wins this title, the wwe will see they made a mistake and it'll go back to Laycool just as soon as it came.

The popularity of Laycool far outweighs that of Kelly imo. So in short, Layla FTW. Let's hope the WWE doesn't eff this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back