• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Money in the Bank 2012: WWE Championship MITB Match

Who should be added to the ladder match?

• Wade Barrett

• Rey Mysterio

• Randy Orton

• The Miz

• Other

• Looser of WWE Championship Match

• Looser of WHC Match

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night on Raw, it was announced that the WWE Championship MITB match at the upcoming MITB ppv will be comprised of wrestlers who have all been WWE Champion at some point. As of right now, only four wrestlers have been named but I think another few will possibly be added in the coming weeks.

Some probably aren't all that thrilled with the competitors being all former champs, but I think there are possibilities here. At some point in time, an MITB winner is going to cash in the briefcase but ultimately fail to capture the title. I think a lot of people want to see that happen and this is a way of possibly bringing that about without hurting the stock of the wrestler. As of right now, the only realistic winners are Show & John Cena and I think Cena is ultimately going to win MITB since they made such a deal about winning MITB being just about the only thing Cena hasn't done.

If Cena wins, and I think it likely that he will, it could a way of restarting his feud with CM Punk in a meaningful way. Let's be honest, it's a feud that most people want to see start up again anyhow. If Cena wins, I don't think we'll have to worry about a surprise cash in. Cena would challenge Punk straight up in a match without doing it the sneaky, heelish way. It's a novel idea because it'd be the first time anyone's done it that way since RVD. The real hook, however, would be if Cena becomes the first guy to fail after cashing in the contract in winning the title. There'd be a fun little sense of irony with Cena, the WWE's biggest star, having the ignoble stigma of being the first MITB winner to fail to win the title. Besides, being the first won't hurt Cena in the long run. In all honesty, I think one reason why Cena has seen his popularity surge over the course of this year is because he's looked so much more human than in recent years. SuperCena hasn't really made very many appearances at all, so having another big loss in a big match at some point durign this year could only continue the trend of having him look more beatable than he has.

However, if they have Cena win MITB and he's successful in cashing it in, then it'll be something of a waste of time. We all know that Cena is bigger than MITB and doesn't need MITB to be champion, so that's what makes me think that they could be setting it up for WWE's golden boy to be MITB's first failed briefcase holder.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. I think Cena wins the MITB match, but I'd say he loses at SummerSlam. Yes, being the first to lose a MITB cash in, but that doesn't really hurt him since he'd be cashing it in with the opponents full knowledge. And losing to CM Punk definitely won't hurt him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some shenanigans at SS so Cena gets a rematch at NoC...in Boston.

I do thoroughly hope they add more people to this match though. I'm trying to think who though since it's former WWE Champs only. A MITB match is probably not going to be that exciting without some high flyers.

Useless match, I am not excited to see Kane and The Bigshow in a ladder match. Just a way to make Cena the no.1 contender and a MITB winner and nothing else.

Totally agree with Hillside. Only way that this match isn't useless is if Undertaker shows up and enters and wins it. A Punk-Taker feud would be awesome. Unlikely, but I would love to see it.

Yeah thats the way i see it happening too. its an easy way to transition into a punk/cena fued. Cena would definately announce when hes cahing in too and summerslam fits perfectly.

Possible other participants i can think of are: del rio, miz, rey mysterio, which are likely, and then the complete longshots of brock, orton, sheamus (if he loses WHC), undertaker and the rock

There's only two other former "WWE Champions" on the RAW roster, and that's Rey Mysterio and The Miz. As much as I dislike the Miz, I also dislike the fact that this would be a match with only 4 people in it..

I think the other 2 will be Del Rio and Miz. I cant see Cena cashing in a MITB briefcase it will make him look to weak. Y2J not staying long so he wont win. Kane he is a joke now. Show too old for another title run. Del Rio maybe but he's better on smackdown. So I say winner is Miz.

I'm thinking that Mysterio and Miz will be added to the match to make it a 6-man MITB, just like when it was originally introduced. If Miz isn't done filming Marine 3, then this could very well stay a 4-way match. Anyway, I see Cena winning this thing, just since he never has. Generally, MITB is saved for up-and-comers, but a "all former champ" concept changes that, so Cena winning kinda does make sense. Kane and Big Show vs. Punk or Bryan has no appeal and has been done quite enough. Punk/Bryan vs. Jericho could be done, but I still see them going with Cena since SSlam is such a big show for them and, like it or not, is the best title match they can give us. Whether the champ is Punk or Bryan, Cena as the challenger is the best way to go here.

I believe that Cena will end up winning. With what I believe is the current plans for Wrestlemania, this would be a nice way of setting most of the matches up.

I am in an understanding that WWE wants Cena vs. Rock II for the WWE title, and CM Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. Cena winning Money In The Bank could actually be a great way to set up these matches.

Think about it. CM Punk holds the title until TLC/Royal Rumble/Elimination Chamber. Cena cashes in. This allows CM Punk to move on to SCSA. Then, Cena calls out the Rock. Cena says that the Rock promised to win the WWE title again, and Cena wants to prove he is better than Rocky. So there they go.

It pisses me off that Cena, Jericho, Show and Kane are in the MITB. This should be used as a way to CREATE stars not give people who can make the main event with out it. I'm especially annoyed that Cena is in as the likely hood is that Cena will win. The only one I can agree with is Jericho as Ladder matches Suit him although he wouldn't be my first choice. My MITB would have been (Had it allowed ANY superstar):
Dolph, Swagger, Miz, Mysterio, Zack Ryder and Otunga.
Who ever had the idea of "only former WWE champions" is an idiot.
What also concerns me is what if the SD MITB is the same? With prominently "already made superstars?" this begs the question is WWE scared to use younger Talent?

I agree with the OP. I can see a scenario where Cena wins the briefcase then the next night on RAW announces he will cash in Money in the Bank at Summer Slam on the WWE champion (CM Punk). He will lose but then win the rematch at NoC in Boston.

This probably won't happen but can imagine if he wins the MITB, Rock wins the Royal Rumble, and challenges let's say Brock Lesnar for the belt at WM. Cena will lose to Undertaker earlier in the night but then will cash in MITB on the Rock after Rock wins the belt so Cena leaves WM with the belt. They would never do this because they don't want Cena to look like a "cheater" but man that would be the ultimate smack in the face by Cena to Rock.

Im going a diffrent route is ee Chris Jericho winning, going on his little vaction with his BAND and then coming back as we forgot he had MITB out of nowhere and cashes in for the WWE Championsip around Rumble-Mania time.... I mean you have up to a year to cash it so this is a good way for Jericho to leave again and have a reason to comeback one last time..... Besides the Man did make the concept what better send off than by winning the match you created and winning the WWE championship one more time, plus he can be the first one too lose and it wont hurt his credibility as winning the MITB itself puts another accolade on Jericho's Long accomplishments in WWE....

Im going a diffrent route is ee Chris Jericho winning, going on his little vaction with his BAND and then coming back as we forgot he had MITB out of nowhere and cashes in for the WWE Championsip around Rumble-Mania time.... I mean you have up to a year to cash it so this is a good way for Jericho to leave again and have a reason to comeback one last time..... Besides the Man did make the concept what better send off than by winning the match you created and winning the WWE championship one more time, plus he can be the first one too lose and it wont hurt his credibility as winning the MITB itself puts another accolade on Jericho's Long accomplishments in WWE....

Interesting take. It makes sense. Plus, WWE could require him to have the briefcase on stage with him and on tour (for publicity) so I could see this happening. Although, who does he feud with when he comes back?

The Miz
Triple H
Rey Mysterio
Alberto
should be in the mitb to make it more interesting.
triple h should be in it to build up his rivarly with lesnar maybe he'll say.
if you come back i will give you the mitb briefcase.
i think this is pretty good cuz im expecting jbl or batista to return and win it.

I will most likely get alot of crap for this but in my opinion what I see happening is Cena winning at MITB than at Summer Slam Brock actually goes OVER HHH than hes in the title hunt, They bring up in the Storylines the reality of his contract that he only has to appear X amount of days in the months so he only has to show up when he wants as long as he defends the title every 4 weeks or so. With this being said Lesnar dominates everyone in his path (also known as burying talent ) and the WWE needs someone to stop him, so is it? No not Mr. MITB Cena The Rock, so around Royal Rumble Rocky Comes back wins the title the Royal Rumble winner goes after the World Heavyweight Championship...Again. Cena announces he wants to Cash in at Wrestlemania on The Rock, John Cena vs The Rock II, Being the Cena Mark that I am, I would love to see this.

this is what i think will happen.
The rock will be surprise entrant to the MITB match, win it and leave with the briefcase and we wil forget about it.

In the mean time Cena will win the WWE championship maybe at the NOC or survivor series. Rock cashes on Cena at the elimination chamber and wins.

Wrestlemania 29, we get the rematch Rock vs Cena for the WWE championship.

Considering this should basically involve all the top talent in WWE I can guarantee that the WHC MITB match will be oodles better.

It's a lame concept, having it full of former WWE Champions. I assume the other will be full of people to never hold the title. I'm sure Ziggler will somehow manager to get involved though.

The winner, being an established main eventer and all, must surely ash in at Mania. Its pretty much the only interesting thing they can do with it.

I can see MITB going two ways
Cena and show battle the whole match in the back and around the arena, having someone like Miz or Jericho win the Case, this sets them up into a in prompt Falls count anywhere match with cena wining, then saying he feels " cheated " out of his WWE championship opportunity, Beats Daniel Bryant , Jericho in a triple threat number one contenders then losing by Daniel Bryant interference.
this would then set up a epic triple threat at NoC Daniel Bryant vs Punk vs Cena
would be awesome, and would show WWE than Daniel Bryant > Cena

I can see Cena wining the Match, coming out and say he will tell the champion before he cashes it in.
Them filling time with matches against show, like Clay + Cena vs Show and Bryant
Then Cena announcing he wants to cash it in at his hometown of Boston
Losing in Boston, the rock coming back and annoucing his intentions to compete for the title at WM, telling Cena if he wants " round 2 " that he will only get in at WM, Then cena losing to punk again, Before punk loses to Daniel Bryant due to a Austin distraction, then droping the belt to Daniel Bryant in a triple threat with Cena, then Cena and Daniel Bryant feuding before Cena gets the title at Elimination chamber.
this would lead to Rock vs Cena round 2
and Punk vs Austin
and possibly Bryant vs Legend
3 Wrestlers of Today vs Wrestlers of Yesterday would be a Amazing WM card

if they have Cena win MITB and he's successful in cashing it in, then it'll be something of a waste of time. We all know that Cena is bigger than MITB and doesn't need MITB to be champion, so that's what makes me think that they could be setting it up for WWE's golden boy to be MITB's first failed briefcase holder.

100% agreed. John Cena's supposedly to be in the WWE Title hunt for the remainder of the year, and at SummerSlam they're billing CM Punk vs John Cena "II." It wouldn't make any sense for Cena to go over, at least, not with Money in the Bank. However, I honestly can't see anyone else winning. I also just HATE the notion of them taking a match that was designed to give a guy who just needs that little nudge to break through the glass ceiling, and put Jericho, Cena, Kane and Big Show in the match and have that be it. Very disappointing.

Regardless, I see John Cena winning Money in the Bank, and cashing in on CM Punk at SummerSlam, but losing the match. The WWE is pushing really hard for CM Punk to be their established #2 guy, and John Cena, as much as I hate the concept of what I'm going to say is "above" the championship. At least, in the way of card booking. CM Punk has main evented RAW 2-3 times since winning his championship in November. Just food for thought. Cena always ends the show. Anywho, SummerSlam is going to be another big stepping stone in WWE solidifying CM Punk as being "better" than Cena, in my opinion. They'll have him go over Cena and it will give John Cena some depth as a character for once.

He could be angry, embarrassed or ashamed to be the first to fail and it could give him a bit of an edge, which I doubt they'll pull the trigger on, and will set up his roll into WrestleMania. Do I see him winning the WWE Championship at all prior to Mania? I hope not, but I see creative just being tapped out on fresh ideas right now for Cena. While he COULD be feuding with Daniel Bryan or Dolph Ziggler until January once this whole championship chase ceases.

Jericho's clearly not going to win due to him being booked after SummerSlam for shows throughout the country that don't coincide with WWE scheduling. Big Show is Big Show. And Kane's a stagnant character that I think could've benefit exponentially from AJ's involvement. I really don't see any other way for this one to go down, unless they add to the match - which they should.

I really don't see any other way for this one to go down, unless they add to the match - which they should.

Miz will be done filming his movie a couple of days before the MITB PPV so I bet he'll be a "suprise" entrant in this match. Also, Rey Myserio could come back in this match. Both are former champions so it makes sense.

An argument could be made that either of those two winning it would be better than Cena winning it.

I think Cena winning it, cashing in and losing (with him announcing the cash in on the RAW after MITB PPV, saying he's cashing in at Summer Slam), is probably the best possible outcome.

Good idea but i think this is just bullshit! Money in the bank is supposed to be for superstars who have NEVER BEEN A CHAMPION! I was once told that money in the bank is for Rising Stars. This is just stupid, I really wnted kofi kingston or Ted dibise to win Money in the bank. WWE should just scrap this stupid idea and go back to the original money in the bank they had before. Im not sure if its also for smackdown WHC. Plus I heard that wade barrett was supposed to win an upcoming money in the bank event match, but he hasnt been a world champion.

Good idea but i think this is just bullshit! Money in the bank is supposed to be for superstars who have NEVER BEEN A CHAMPION! I was once told that money in the bank is for Rising Stars. This is just stupid, I really wnted kofi kingston or Ted dibise to win Money in the bank. WWE should just scrap this stupid idea and go back to the original money in the bank they had before. Im not sure if its also for smackdown WHC. Plus I heard that wade barrett was supposed to win an upcoming money in the bank event match, but he hasnt been a world champion.

Yet the creator of the MITB, Jericho had already won the World Titles when he first participated in the match. Likewise with Kane and then when Punk and Edge entered a second time and so on.

Also Kofi or Ted, why? they are never going to be main event players, why give them the push when its bound to fail and just become another failed winner.

I like the idea and hopefully the Smackdown one will feature the lesser main eventers/mid cards and perhaps highlight the the WWE title is THE title and the World Title is slightly below it in the pecking order.

Interesting take. It makes sense. Plus, WWE could require him to have the briefcase on stage with him and on tour (for publicity) so I could see this happening. Although, who does he feud with when he comes back?

Theres only three logical choices.....
1. Randy Orton seeing they have unfinished buisness with Orton punting Jericho out the WWE his last stint and they were fueling up to have a feud this past month but both got suspended and hopefully by this time Orton can pick his steam back up and boom Jericho cashes in on him.....

2. CM Punk only because i feel there feud was great and even thogh Punk win all the matches aint no sweeter revenge than cashing in on the guy you NEVER beat....

3. The Miz is my last choice, personally i dig The Miz's character and wrestling ability, he does have charisma and is IMO The Chris Jericho of the new generation minus great ring work and submission/mat skills.... The Miz is Gold on the mic and this feud could be AWESOME if they were both used correctly.... Plus this would be a great way for Jericho to come back as a face again on his last run and once again have The Miz a former MITB cash in lose in the same way he won his first title....

As there are 2 maybe 3 spots to fill, I can see Miz & maybe Orton filling 2 of those spots.

But Rey, im dont think it would be a good idea for him to be put in that match as it will be too big of a risk of him getting re-injured so easily.

As for the possible 3rd spot id keep it a surprise entrant, and give it to either Brock Lensar or The Rock, and keep it a surprise till the match itself.

Then as an above poster said, let Rock win it & then it gets forgotten about and then out of the blue at maybe the rumble Rock cashes in and defends at WM for Rock vs Cena II.

I wrote this in another forum, so I'll modify it for this topic.

I still feel like this is a pile of animal shit. Probably of the bull or pig variety...

Remember when the WWE had events that NEW GUYS had a shot? Once upon it was King of the Ring and the Royal Rumble, where mid-card guys could break the glass ceiling and become main eventers.

Then eventually it became Money in the Bank, one of the greatest ideas ever made for not only entertainment value, but on a creative standpoint to shake up the foundation of becoming a top champion.

Now it's over.

The WWE seems to be determined to NOT create any new stars. That's the only explanation for this.

So the WWE Championship Money in the Bank is only for former champions. Well, shit. Ain't that nice? Let's see...that means John Cena, the Big Show, Kane and Chris Jericho so far. I shouldn't need to remind anyone that both Jericho and Kane have received WWE title shots this summer already, and Big Show and John Cena can pretty well request title shots whenever they want. So...WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE FUCKING MATCH??!!

Even if we add in the active former champions as well (assuming we can exclude Randy Orton, HHH and The Undertaker for obvious reasons), we add Alberto Del Rio (assuming he loses to Sheamus this week) to the mix, The Miz upon his return (might actually be effective again), and Rey Mysterio (even though it's REALLY goddamn stupid to put his injury-prone ass in a multi-person ladder match) or maybe add a battle royale where some lucky non-former champion gets added (Wade Barrett, this is made just for you), that gives us 6 former champs and 1 main eventer from two years ago who got multiple title shots! Why do ANY of them need Money in the Bank?!

Point is...why isn't either Money in the Bank match full of up-and-coming stars like Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Ryback, or ANYONE else that is hungry for a shot and now must wait until (hopefully for them) next year to maybe a chance of a lifetime. Think about the 1992 Royal Rumble and how important that was when 30 superstars had a chance to be the WWF Champion. Then Money in the Bank became the new version of that. You are a young, hungry mid-carder who has another legitimate chance to become the top champion. That shows how VALUABLE the top titles are. The whole point of the match was to partake in a grueling multi-person ladder match just for a CHANCE to be WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.

In addition, let's see who is part of the match:

Big Show - old super heavyweight
Kane - old heavyweight who has won MITB before
John Cena - hulking mass of strength
Chris Jericho - old technician with agility

Then the possibles:

Alberto Del Rio - young submission technician who has won MITB before
The Miz - young technician who has won MITB before
Rey Mysterio - injury-prone luchador
Wade Barrett - mass of strength

Where's the ladder workers? Where are the opportunities of huge moments like in past MITBs? This match feels like it'll be just ladder shots to the back and guys being slammed onto it. Unless they open it up to some mid-card guys, wrestlers not afraid of doing high spots, we may as well throw Mark Henry and Khali in this match and time it with a goddamn sundial.

Lastly, does anyone doubt Cena is going to win? There's no match creativity at all. Here is EXACTLY what's going to happen: Cena will win, then the next night on RAW in the opening he will call out the permanent GM, hand him the briefcase and officially announce that he will cash it in at Summerslam, then CM Punk, they'll verbally spar about how it's a rematch from last year, then they'll get put in a tag team match together vs. Big Show and Daniel Bryan at the end of the night and tease dissension.

I've said it before and I'll said it again:

JOHN CENA DOES NOT FUCKING NEED MONEY IN THE BANK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back