WWE Logic has become non existent

DynamiteKid518

Dark Match Winner
So I've been a fan since the late 1980's and I have always stuck with the company and found a way to enjoy the programming even when things weren't going so well. In 1995 I found myself enthralled with guys like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and Diesel. This was in spite of how poor the overall product was.
20 years later I'm having a very difficult time "hitching my wagon" to any of these so called superstars. I don't blame them however, its way bigger than the workers. The fact that the WWE creative has let logic go completely out the window.
Last night on RAW when HHH and Steph made the big announcement I immediately thought to myself that the business has died. Not only because for the second straight year they are rearranging the biggest show of the year, but because logically it makes ZERO sense.
Hear me out.

So HHH had the power to INSERT Seth Rollins in to the Main Event Title match at the Royal Rumble, but last night he had no such power to INSERT his golden boy Rollins into the match with Reigns at Fast Lane? He put him against the man who he loathes, Daniel Bryan and made him "earn" the match at Fast Lane. Or better yet, why didn't he just INSERT Rollins into the Main Event of Wrestlemania? We are lead to believe that the Evil Authority doesn't want Reigns, Cena, Bryan, Ziggler, Ryback etc anywhere NEAR the top of the card. They don't want any of them to be the face of the company. That spot is reserved for Rollins apparently, but for some reason they only have the power to place Rollins in high profile matches some of the time, not all of the time?

It's a brutal flaw that they made and its just the tip of the iceberg. It's becoming harder and harder to forgive these lapses in logic.

I believe he said contractually he can't just add him to the match that's why he couldn't just put himself in it last year for instance. The bigger problem is why does he want to be in the title match in the first place? He already has a guaranteed title shot whenever he chooses so why would you want to be inserted in a title match against a fresh Brock Lesnar when you could just cash in on a potentially beaten up one and that's assuming he'll even retain which he won't. There was something else that was bugging me but I forgot it

Because I think the plan is for Rollins to cash in the Money the the Bank briefcase at Mania, that's why they didn't put him in the title match directly.

You also have to win a spot in that match, which Reigns did, Rollins did not. I believe that Reigns will win the title, and lose it 3 minutes later. So he'll get his abbreviated Mania moment, but Rollins will walk out as champ. This will set their feud in gear for Reigns to get the title back at Summerslam or something like that.

I was wondering how long it'd take before someone started a thread questioning WWE's logic after last night. I'm surprised it's taken this long to be quite honest.

It's not the fault of the wrestlers, it's not really even completely the fault of WWE creative, the fault has to lie mostly with Vince McMahon. I know I've been beating up on Vince quite a bit the past few months but it's not like it's unjustified. Vince is the one who makes the final creative decisions, every idea has to go through and ultimately be approved by him. Even if he didn't personally come up with the ideas that leave big logic holes, he's still the one that ultimately decides if they make it to TV or not.

A lot of fans view Vince's booking of Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble, and some of the booking choices made during the Rumble match itself, as a huge mistake. Depending on who you ask, Vince's mistake was an even worse decision than the one he made at the 2014 Royal Rumble because he actually expected some backlash this time but he grossly underestimated it.

Last night, Reigns allowed himself to be "manipulated" into putting his spot on the line, only for Triple H & Stephanie to state about 10 minutes later backstage that they didn't have the power to force Reigns to put his spot up. On one hand, it does show The Authority as the egomaniacal, manipulative assholes they're supposed to be. At the same time, it leaves a huge hole in the logic but, in all honesty, I knew there would be.

Vince has painted WWE into a corner. On one hand, even if Roman Reigns loses to Bryan, he comes off looking like an idiot for being manipulated by The Authority in the first place. There's no real way to keep Reigns from looking bad in that particular sense. On the other hand, if Reigns goes over Bryan and is to face Lesnar at WrestleMania XXXI, Vince could still be screwed. Reigns vs. Lesnar is a main event that a helluva lot of fans don't want to see; most of those who don't want it, based on what I've read, don't believe Reigns is ready for the spot as he hasn't demonstrated anything to show otherwise. Either way, this kid's career may very well be set back: he'll either look like an idiot or the WrestleMania title match will be ruined if fans don't get behind him.

Has anyone considered that this is almost the same storyline as Rey Mysterio had in 2006, at least match-wise? You know, where he won the Rumble, was manipulated into putting his spot on the line, lost the match and got placed in the 'Mania title match anyway? I'm thinking this is the same thing WWE is doing now, only I have absolutely no freakin' clue what the reasoning behind it is. Reigns is no Mysterio, Bryan is closer. Bryan is not a heel who's using someone who was like a brother to Reigns in order to get what he wants...so what's the point? Either way, I think we'll ultimately end up with a triple-threat match again.

Y'know what might've made a little more sense? If they had the Bryan vs. Rollins match where the winner faces Reigns, BUT if the winner of that match (in this case Daniel Bryan) also beats Reigns, he just gets added to the match, not take Reigns' spot in the match.

Great points, but I guess my main gripe is the evil heel authority figure in general and how it always leaves a gaping hole in logic when you have the evil boss trying to "screw" the babyfaces.

I was appalled with the Royal Rumble match and I was especially disappointed with them having Reigns win. Forget about him being "ready", I just feel like there are many more guys who have a stronger connection with the crowd, who also have built in storylines, that would have been much better choices.

Getting back to the constant lapse in WWE logic...

The Authority was spinning the end of the Rumble as being controversial by saying that "someone else" could have won besides Reigns. The only other person was Rusev.
So where exactly is his chance at being in the Mania main event? Wasn't he the runner up? Im just dying for the show to get back to the basics of continuity and logic. It seems like a muddled up mess of crash TV and chaos. No direction. No plan. No logic.

Very frustrating.

Vince is still primarily primarily approaching the booking aspect like it's 1993 pre-internet. I'm "shook to the core!"

Last night, Reigns allowed himself to be "manipulated" into putting his spot on the line, only for Triple H & Stephanie to state about 10 minutes later backstage that they didn't have the power to force Reigns to put his spot up. On one hand, it does show The Authority as the egomaniacal, manipulative assholes they're supposed to be. At the same time, it leaves a huge hole in the logic but, in all honesty, I knew there would be.

Quite frankly however came up with this idea should be fired. It made Reigns look weak and not able to even make an easy choice. If he had come out and said, "Screw you I won the Rumble and I'm not giving up my spot" instead now he's in a match in Fastlane to keep his spot. Terrible booking.

This is what happens when kayfabe dies, when fans hijack shows, when you have to call an audible, when you can't book long term. Sometimes you mess things up trying to placate crybabies.

The results of the Royal Rumble were fine. We should be talking about Lesnar and Reigns. That epic Reigns spear should have been given to Lesnar. But fans can't sit back and allow a story to unfold without making it all about themselves.

Thanks for ruining wrestling smarks, you did this.

I remember back when WWE was logical Andre the Giant getting suspended and shortly thereafter a man the same size as Andre being allowed to wrestle under a mask. It was questioned a little bit by someone at some point yet somehow no one ever demanded some ID before he was allowed in the building, in the locker room, or in the ring.

WWE has always had flawed logic. They have done and changed things on the fly. Some can't get past it and move on, the rest of us have to accept it. It sucks and I wish things were different/better, but it is nothing new.

I remember back when WWE was logical Andre the Giant getting suspended and shortly thereafter a man the same size as Andre being allowed to wrestle under a mask. It was questioned a little bit by someone at some point yet somehow no one ever demanded some ID before he was allowed in the building, in the locker room, or in the ring.

WWE has always had flawed logic. They have done and changed things on the fly. Some can't get past it and move on, the rest of us have to accept it. It sucks and I wish things were different/better, but it is nothing new.

Giant Machine from the island of I-Fu-U :rolleyes: Yeah, like in the real world only Bobby Heenan would be the only on calling foul :lmao:

This is what happens when kayfabe dies, when fans hijack shows, when you have to call an audible, when you can't book long term. Sometimes you mess things up trying to placate crybabies.

The results of the Royal Rumble were fine. We should be talking about Lesnar and Reigns. That epic Reigns spear should have been given to Lesnar. But fans can't sit back and allow a story to unfold without making it all about themselves.

Are you Roman Reigns, because you sure as hell sound like him? And for Christ's sake stop blaming the fans for what happened. It's just not their fault. They went to a PPV, didn't like the outcome and let the WWE know.

The WWE had two choices, say "Fuck you we're doing it our way" or "Okay we might have made a huge mistake here". Either way what happens, happens.

Had it up to the tits with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns fans going at over who should be in the main event. Screw it, don't put either of them in, Ziggler had a better last 6 months than both of them combined. Put him in and be done with it.

When you think that deeply nothing makes sense in wrestling, Its like when you see the high flyers execute like a triple sommerslault corkscrew moonsault onto an oponent is that really more effective than just kicking the guy? Like if someone is attacking you in the street for real how effective would defending yourself using a huricanrana on the guy be for example? If Vince and HHH were so against guys like Bryan, Ziggler or Ryback in reality they own the company and could just fire them or let their contract run out and they would never be seen in WWE again, Wrestling can't be and isn't supposed to be taken so seriously its just meant as a fun way to spend an evening.

Are you Roman Reigns, because you sure as hell sound like him? And for Christ's sake stop blaming the fans for what happened. It's just not their fault. They went to a PPV, didn't like the outcome and let the WWE know.

The WWE had two choices, say "Fuck you we're doing it our way" or "Okay we might have made a huge mistake here". Either way what happens, happens.

Had it up to the tits with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns fans going at over who should be in the main event. Screw it, don't put either of them in, Ziggler had a better last 6 months than both of them combined. Put him in and be done with it.

I'm not a Roman Reigns fan per se, I'm just somebody who thinks he has upside and would like to see him get a fair shot. I'm someone who's intrigued by Reigns vs Lesnar. I know money when I see it.

And I am absolutely blaming the fans for the current state of WWE at the moment. WWE caved last time and now the inmates are running the asylum and now nobody is getting what they want.

You have tits? I was just about to block you for stalking me

I'm not a Roman Reigns fan per se, I'm just somebody who thinks he has upside and would like to see him get a fair shot. I'm someone who's intrigued by Reigns vs Lesnar. I know money when I see it.

You have tits?

As a matter of fact I do, I'm a woman. Surprise surprise. Oh and I don't see money in this match at all. I see either a raging failure or a mediocre success. But not a money match so to speak.

So you think this is a recent thing? Lol seriously man, if you've been a fan for more than a year, you know pro wrestling knowledge doesn't exist.

This was booked the way it was to get a good Raw main, probably set up an angle at Fastlane given the finish on raw, and lead into Mania with something.

Exactly, sir. I don't understand what these IWC idiots think of themselves. They already ruined WM XXX (though CM Punk had been an important factor as well). And now they want to ruin WM XXXI as well! ?

Roman Reigns is the perfect candidate to face and defeat, if not destroy, Brock Lesnar for the WWE WHC. So what if all he can do is a few grapples, slams, and clotheslines, punches and the spear? I don't see Daniel Bryan doing a whole lot. WM 30 was largely underwhelming. The opening match with HHH was spectacular even though most of it was Kicks, Kicks, More kicks. More flying kicks. C'mon!!! There hasn't been a bigger travesty in the name of a main-event than WM XXX. (At least not a travesty that could've been averted, unlike the WM 2000 main event). Your goddamn hero has an injured shoulder which had only been rendered worse earlier. He is then totally decimated by Orton and Batista, after warding off the intrusion of Mr. and Mrs. Stephanie. And he STILL proceeds to win. Jesus. Now that's lack of logic.

I wish to goodness that Vince Mcmahon or whoever the hell it is sticks to their decision and Roman Reigns defeats that little troll DB to go on to wrestlemania in a SINGLES match.

Echoing your sentiment, I agree that kayfabe or at least the position of a mere "spectator" is the need of the hour and not the modern BS about fans deciding who they want in the main event. I can agree that DB is only half as talented a technical wrestler as either of Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, or Chris Benoit. I also agree that he possesses half the charisma of Eddie Guerrero. But DB in the main-event of Wrestlemania for a second consecutive year? Just NO.

As far as Logic is concerned, OP, you failed to notice or cite the bigger FLAW committed by the heinous dictators of the WWE. That being, if Roman Reigns only had to defend his RR victory and WM main-event status, why did you even choose him as a candidate in the first place? Secondly, if the RR winner is only going to have to get in "another match" to determine the individual inserted into the WM main event, why not abolish the Royal Rumble altogether? Dumb. Just dumb. Thank goodness I don't actually watch that weekly crap but only read the results on WZ.

I find agreement with two lines of thought which I have read in this thread. The dearth of logic in WWE arcs is ridiculous at times. Sometimes, much more often than not. I agree that Vince is the likely culprit, but honestly, what would any one of us do given his spot? I'm sure we all have our ideas. I know I do. I would have put Ziggler over at the RR. Then again, I might have chosen Rusev. I am high on both of them and so is much of the audience. However, I also agree that the braying contingent of Bryan fanatics( and I am a big fan of Bryan, but not given to raving irrationality when my choice is overlooked) are a tough issue with which to deal. I do believe Vince runs things in the manner he believes is tried and true. But the so called smarks are relatively impossible to please, unless you give them what they want. No matter what decision, outside of Bryan being crowned WWE WHC in perpetuity, will likely be accepted. Except maybe Ziggler. Here is the real and obvious failure of logic: Daniel Bryan should already be in the title match at WM, because he never lost his title and is due a rematch. But that line of logic is ignored as if it does not exist. Or likely never did. Reigns is not there yet. I am a fan, but he should not have won yet. He needs more time to build, sort of in the way they are slow building Rollins. Honest question: Who has really earned that spot-understanding that the majority work for it like nobody's business-more than Dolph Ziggler? Yet he continues to be tossed aside, like so much lower to mid-card garbage.

WWE Logic has NEVER been a thing. Think about it how People physically assault the Company's owner and his family with minimal repercussions.

And how about everytime a match ends with an illegal move or outside interference: they have a gigantic screen which offers instant replay, yet they never consider overturning the ruling, unless, of course it's the heel who demands it.

And let's not ignore the fact that everytime an attack occurs outside the ring, it should be a felony.

And how about a few weeks back, when The Authority was having their way with Cena; mind you there were 6 of them (Rollins, Kane, Show, HHH, J&J,) and they wet themselves because 60 year old Sting came out in the same Makeup he's been wearing for the past 15 years and pointed the same baseball bat he's been carrying around for 15 years at them?

Why? Because WWE Logic is not now, nor has it ever been a thing.

Rollins got his title shot at the Rumble as a reward for helping to bring back The Authority. He didn't do anything to warrant a shot at Reigns or indeed Brock. Bryan, however, only won because Reigns interfered so I wouldn't be shocked if Rollins gets his chance, too.

That's WWE for you. It's entertainment, not necessarily logic. I can't really get mad about it because at the end of the day it's about making money.

Great points from all, in my opinion. Looking for logic in professional wrestling's storytelling is the truly illogical endeavor. To become vexed by such a thing is even more nonsensical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back