• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hell In A Cell - John Cena VS Dean Ambrose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced on Raw last night that Cena & Ambrose will go one on one at HIAC and the winner will get Seth Rollins later on that night inside the Cell itself. Keep it all here.

The best thing about pre-arranged sports entertainment is that anything can be made to happen, and we hope only that WWE doesn't choose methods and endings that are too ridiculous to believe. But the fact that almost anything can be explained is the basis behind putting Dean Ambrose in the ring with John Cena.

If this were a boxing or MMA fight, how could Ambrose be considered ready for the challenge? He's too inexperienced, too green, too untested in one-on-one battles to possibly compete with a multi-time world champion like John Cena, no? After all, the majority of Dean's triumphs have taken place in situations in which his group of three attacked a single person......and that single person was often Cena, right?

Dean doesn't have his buddies for this one.....and I would think his maniacal approach, which features his energy-sapping style and out of control rushes at his opponent would be brushed aside by an experienced opponent.

But this is pro wrestling, not boxing or MMA. No, I still can't see Dean Ambrose cleanly beating John Cena. True, in a cage, it's harder to concoct "dirty" endings; you either go out the door or over the top....and if you gouge eyes or aim a kick where the sun don't shine, it isn't considered illegal.....or at least not penalized as such.

In conditions like that, either guy could win, especially if an unexpected factor is somehow introduced to help Ambrose. What might that be? That's the point; I don't know and neither do you.

As I said, it's pro wrestling. Where else would one bother to consider that this whole match is meaningless as a career advancing step? Either Dean Ambrose or John Cena will win, with the "reward" being to fight in a cage twice in one night. Lucky them, huh?

And against who?....Seth Rollins? What's he got that Dean or John would want? Sure, both of them want to clean Rollins' clock, but is that reward enough to fight two cage matches, especially since the winner of Ambrose-Cena will be facing a fresh, rested Rollins?

Since the contest against Rollins isn't for a championship, I think he should put up his MITB piece of luggage.

Now that would be worth fighting for.

I have a feeling Cena will win. Although Ambrose will get his hands on Rollins sometime that night.

I feel this way because I see Cena's involvement as an angle within the 'Ambrose Vs Rollins' feud. If he loses, then what was the point of him being there? Wouldn't it make more sense to put Randy Orton in that role since he is a heel and also dislikes Rollins? Putting a face- much less the biggest face of the company- in a supporting role like that would be kind of stupid. I doubt it will be a normal win though. More than likely Cena will beat Ambrose on a technicality or there will be some sort of interference. Or perhaps Ambrose will be assaulted backstage by Rollins+co before he gets a chance to fight.

So Cena will have his match against Rollins and that will be the conclusion to that feud. Cena will move on to his next challenge and Ambrose will finally get his resolution match at the next PPV. Just my theory.

I have a feeling Cena will win. Although Ambrose will get his hands on Rollins sometime that night.

I feel this way because I see Cena's involvement as an angle within the 'Ambrose Vs Rollins' feud. If he loses, then what was the point of him being there? Wouldn't it make more sense to put Randy Orton in that role since he is a heel and also dislikes Rollins? Putting a face- much less the biggest face of the company- in a supporting role like that would be kind of stupid. I doubt it will be a normal win though. More than likely Cena will beat Ambrose on a technicality or there will be some sort of interference. Or perhaps Ambrose will be assaulted backstage by Rollins+co before he gets a chance to fight.

So Cena will have his match against Rollins and that will be the conclusion to that feud. Cena will move on to his next challenge and Ambrose will finally get his resolution match at the next PPV. Just my theory.

This.

Whilst Ambrose vs Rollins seems logical for the HiaC match, I think WWE wants to prolong the feud even more. Hence, Cena has been inserted as basically another Road-Block to Ambrose, in terms of getting his hands on Seth Rollins.

What I would love to see however, is more teasing of Orton's tensions with Seth and the Authority. Seriously, there are currently only 5 fit Main Eventers, and out of those, Kane and Orton are playing nothing more than insignificant stooges in the 3-way feud due to a lack of Major Babyfaces on the roster.

With regards to the possible result... I can't see Cena losing thus far given how things are playing out. Cena won't lose cleanly to Ambrose, because I am sure there is Lesnar vs Cena 3 to come...and as Cena alluded to last SD, he is the 'only' true challenger to Lesnar,atm.

Also, I don't even see an intereference finish making much sense, unless Brock Lesnar himself attacks Cena(very unlikely). Actually, any possible interference finish will likely mean a Dean Ambrose loss more than anything...which could see Ambrose basically following Roman Reigns' path to Triple H, only instead, Ambrose's main end-game is Seth Rollins.

To besides, Dean Ambrose is being given the Underdog treatment(which is basically the ultimate babyface booking nowadays that fans eat up), thus he will be made to wait even longer which will make his moment of bashing Rollins in a proper manner even sweeter.

Cena wins clean (sigh) then Rollins beats him dirty so he can be build up as a heel to be fed to Reigns?

Sadly seems to be the most logical way for this to go.

Altought in my heart I really hope for Ambrose to kick Cena's ass.

If Cena wins it cuts Ambrose off at the knees. It'd be pointless and it basically reaffirms to everybody that so long as Cena is around nobody will be alowed to be his equal.

I suspect this match will turn into a no contest so both can have their place in the Cell match later.

This is easily the stupidest thing they could have done with the current roster. You've got the main face, Cena, and the secondary face, Ambrose (whose slipped into the Reigns spot, albeit temporarily). So what do you do? You feed the secondary face to Cena, because CENA MUST BE FED. There's no way Ambrose is going over Cena clean, and putting him in this situation in the first place is stupid booking.

We keep getting force-fed Cena, and that's why the bottleneck is as bad as it is today. There's nobody at the top but Cena and whoever Cena wants to beat. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the MITB case is on the line, Cena wins the case, and uses it to challenge Brock at Survivor Series.

This is easily the stupidest thing they could have done with the current roster. You've got the main face, Cena, and the secondary face, Ambrose (whose slipped into the Reigns spot, albeit temporarily). So what do you do? You feed the secondary face to Cena, because CENA MUST BE FED. There's no way Ambrose is going over Cena clean, and putting him in this situation in the first place is stupid booking.

We keep getting force-fed Cena, and that's why the bottleneck is as bad as it is today. There's nobody at the top but Cena and whoever Cena wants to beat. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the MITB case is on the line, Cena wins the case, and uses it to challenge Brock at Survivor Series.

Hadn't thought about this. It make sense and it's even more terrible than my worst-case-yet-probable scenario.

:(

This very match can make Ambrose into a legit main event star or throw him all the way back to the drawing board.
As for result, i see neither will win the match, so they both go into main event.

AKA Cena is bland and boring as hell so we need to thrust him into every single hot thing that we have so fans dont see through the bs. If Cena and wins and beats Rollins in the Cell ( because a Cena and Rollins' feud deserve to be in the Cell right?right? ) then what's the point of building up Seth Rollins if he's gonna job to Cena so fast already.

I'm guessing Cena's gonna win because of some stupid reason in a way that makes Ambrose not look weak and then goes on to the Cell where prolly Randy Orton and Kane and Ambrose are all waiting in the darkness under the ring not knowing they are near oneanother and at one point they will just burst in the Cell and create a mess. Really I have no hopes for Hell in a Cell after the awful months of wrestling that have gone by.

Lets just hope this whole "insert Cena in everything" thing doesn't end up making Rollins and Ambrose like chumps, like someone else we know.

Oh man I was hoping for an awesome blow off match between Ambrose and Rollins in the Cell. While there is still hope, I just sense overbooking to the extreme about to happen in a few weeks.

In a perfect world Cena would be nowhere near this feud. Why is he so pissed off anyway? He's been cashed in on before and all of a sudden he is bloodthirsty for someone doing what Money in the Bank is used for? I don't hate Cena at all nor is this his fault but godamn he shouldn't be involved with this. There's no great outcome unless Ambrose beats him and Ambrose and Rollins go at it with NO ONE being involved. Have Ambrose massacre Rollins, Rollins comes out the next night on Raw and complains, Cena's music hits, he gets a piece of Rollins and it's done. No harm no foul.

Since what I stated above virtually has no chance at all of happening, lets look at scenarios that could happen knowing WWE.

1. Ambrose beats Cena with crazy outside interference from Orton, Kane, the bunny maybe Rollins himself and goes to the Cell against Rollins. Thats all fine and good but you know we haven't seen the last of the Authority or Cena so bank on Ambrose vs Rollins turning into like a 10 man hell in a cell or something with everyone and their mother involved.

2. Cena beats Ambrose and goes to the Cell against Rollins. Awful decision as Cena shouldn't be in this feud to begin with. Add in the same scenario from above with everyone gettng involved and it's an even worse idea.

3. Double count out, disqualification, whatever between Ambrose and Cena with both of them going to the Cell against Rollins. Lackluster and a disappointing ending to the Rollins/Ambrose feud with Cena being involved.

I know I bashed Cena being in this feud a lot above so I apologize. Hell it's probably the only time I've ever bashed anything Cena related but this was just a ridiculous decision to add him into the Ambrose and Rollins storyline at this level. I am actually hoping that loser gets Orton stipulation gets added. If Ambrose wins I would be more than happy seeing Cena vs Orton for the 10,000th time and have Ambrose and Rollins go head to head and blow off their feud like it should be.

It seems as if the outcome of this match is going to tell all of us everything we need to know regarding the WWE's feelings towards Dean Ambrose.

1.) If Ambrose wins, which unfortunately looks the least likely at this time, then the WWE would look to be firmly behind Ambrose, his renewed push & he may even be in line to take Roman's place.

2.) If Cena wins, then the WWE is obviously scared & sticking to same old b.s. of Cena being invincible. & on top of that they would be ruining the entire blow off to the Ambrose/Rollins feud & in a sense be killing their respective pushes as well.

3.) If Ambrose & Cena both somehow get their hands on Rollins or the match becomes a triple threat inside the cell, which seems the most likely to me at this point, then the PPV & match could still be solid & hopefully Cena would go on to another program shortly after.

So while I think the ideal situation is for Ambrose to beat Cena clean & get Rollins one on one inside the cell, I just hope to see Ambrose fight Rollins in some capacity at the HiaC PPV.

As much as I would love to see Dean Ambrose win this I cant see him going clean over Cena. The only possibility I can hope for is that there is some kind of false finish like a double pin or outside interference making it a triple threat match inside the Hell in a Cell.
If there is a triple threat then anyone could win and it would make for an exciting match imo. If Cena does win this then i can only hope the Hell in a Cell match ends with Dean laying them both out and standing tall at the end of the night.

Oh man I was hoping for an awesome blow off match between Ambrose and Rollins in the Cell. While there is still hope, I just sense overbooking to the extreme about to happen in a few weeks.

In a perfect world Cena would be nowhere near this feud. Why is he so pissed off anyway? He's been cashed in on before and all of a sudden he is bloodthirsty for someone doing what Money in the Bank is used for? I don't hate Cena at all nor is this his fault but godamn he shouldn't be involved with this.

If I may try to answer from a possible kayfabe point of view to provide, hopefully, a more logical answer. The reason Cena is so upset is because he was possibly seconds away from avenging his most humiliating defeat in his career. He had to dip to levels he normally wouldn't go to just to get the rematch against Lesnar (threatening to sue because he almost didn't get his rematch clause and things of that nature). Fast forward to Night of Champions and the interference by Rollins and now Cena not only gets a win via technicality but his shot redeeming his worst loss and his opportunity at recapturing the richest prize in the WWE for a record 16th time was snatched away from him by Rollins. Any wrestler in that situation should've reacted the same way, especially if he wasn't getting a rematch in the very near future.

As for the match, I see Ambrose standing quite a fair chance against Cena during the match. This match has the potential to create a similar effect that Daniel Bryan got at WrestleMania when he beat Triple H first before closing the story that started at SummerSlam. The feud has been too good to pump the breaks on it for what probably would be a filler feud for Cena. Regardless, this was a logical way to go forward from NOC and I'm excited as to how they build the tension between the two for the next few weeks.

Even though I prefer Ambrose, another reason I think/want Cena to win is that there is a rumor that the loser will face Randy Orton.

Orton and Cena have put on some good matches, but you do want to see them do a PPV match together AGAIN? Cena Vs Rollins and Ambrose Vs Orton at least would be kind of new. Have Ambrose and Orton even faced before? It seems like whenever Ambrose takes someone on from the authority, it's usually Kane.

End Ambrose/Rollins feud in Hell in a Cell does not feel special at all.
There were alot of Hell in a Cell matches in WWE history, only few stood out, for now Hell in a Cell is a regular yearly PPV, not some rare bloody moment, Hell in a Cell became just another regular match type in WWE.
If you want to make the end of their story memorable, you need to come up with some rules that will spike the people's interest and feel rare & special. And at the same time you need to book it on a big date, where many people watching you.
I'll say, make it happen at Royal Rumble and use Dog Collar rules. I remember only 1 match under these rules and it was in NWA and very long time ago, so it will be unique and first time ever in WWE. Dog Collar is also fit right into Ambrose character.

This match is tough to predict.

I'm guessing Cena beats Ambrose in a hard fought match. I doubt The Authority would interfere since they got their two biggest rivals beating the hell out of each other.

Orton is the wild card in this whole scenario. I'm curious to see what they're going to do with him. He seems like an afterthought.

In a perfect world Cena would be nowhere near this feud. Why is he so pissed off anyway? He's been cashed in on before and all of a sudden he is bloodthirsty for someone doing what Money in the Bank is used for? I don't hate Cena at all nor is this his fault but godamn he shouldn't be involved with this. There's no great outcome unless Ambrose beats him and Ambrose and Rollins go at it with NO ONE being involved. Have Ambrose massacre Rollins, Rollins comes out the next night on Raw and complains, Cena's music hits, he gets a piece of Rollins and it's done. No harm no foul.

Since what I stated above virtually has no chance at all of happening, lets look at scenarios that could happen knowing WWE.

1. Ambrose beats Cena with crazy outside interference from Orton, Kane, the bunny maybe Rollins himself and goes to the Cell against Rollins. Thats all fine and good but you know we haven't seen the last of the Authority or Cena so bank on Ambrose vs Rollins turning into like a 10 man hell in a cell or something with everyone and their mother involved.

This and then some.

When I first heard this was going to happen, I didn't like the sounds of it at all and still don't. Why does the WWE have their two biggest faces fighting each other to get at Rollins. Is it so that both are weakened by the time the winner gets into the cell against Rollins. Either way it's going to do nothing for either one of them except what I suggested, a tired beat up opponent.

If you look at it realistically then Ambrose has to win, or his babyface push suffers a blow. If Cena doesn't win then he looks weak, as he was beaten down by Lesnar, then lit the fire within himself and almost won, only to lose his first match on the next PPV. So what do you do with them, they both have to win in order for both to look strong.

And I agree, why Cena has been inserted into this feud is just on the verge of insane. I mean shit is there no other wrestlers that this guy can feud with. Does the best feud going right now, have to almost be derailed because Cena has to be involved. No reason for it at all.

And poor Randy Orton, who's been treated as the guy who drew the shortest straw, he gets the loser of the match. Now I don't want to see Cena/Orton again for the millionth time, but I also don't want to see Cena/Rollins either.

They really couldn't have screwed this up anymore than they already have. With no Lesnar and this cock up of a main event I'm not even sure I want to watch it now.

EDIT: They'd better have a mute button ready, cause if Cena beats Ambrose and gets into it with Rollins, the "Cena sucks" chants will be deafening.

I'm betting on such a blatant amount of outside interference that the match is thrown out, giving the Authority the excuse to NOT have Rollins face either of the two. From there, you could do one of two things; throw Orton in with clear orders to lay the fuck down for Rollins, setting up a Face Turn whether he obeys or not... or do the same thing as NoC, have Rollins call for a surprise contestant and get shocked by whomever you want to show up.

I'm betting on such a blatant amount of outside interference that the match is thrown out, giving the Authority the excuse to NOT have Rollins face either of the two. From there, you could do one of two things; throw Orton in with clear orders to lay the fuck down for Rollins, setting up a Face Turn whether he obeys or not... or do the same thing as NoC, have Rollins call for a surprise contestant and get shocked by whomever you want to show up.

Ah, I didn't think about somebody interfering in the Ambrose/Cena match. I figured The Authority would just watch their two biggest rivals beat up each other.

I'm curious to see what Rollins' and Orton's response to this match on Monday. I'm sure Orton doesn't care.

I'm not so convinced Cena is going to win this.

Many people are saying well since Cena entered himself into the Ambrose/Rollins feud, he must get something out of it. Personally, it seems to me that since the WWE Champion Brock Lesnar ain't on the show, and since Cena has no real rival at the moment, he needed to be in something of importance to help sell the pay per view. Furthermore, I think this whole "winner faces Rollins" thing is just a cover-up for having Rollins v Ambrose in the main event of a pay per view. It isn't exactly the type of match that SELLS pay per views, despite what the general smark would think, the neutrals or casual fans perhaps aren't as interested in seeing that match in such a big spot.

If Cena was going to face Rollins, I would think the WWE would hype that in advance.. Ambrose v Rollins, not so much. So yeah while I don't even think this match is going to end clean, especially after the stupid stipulation they announced for it, expect for Ambrose to take the win for this one.

Whelp, color me surprised. They did it weeks in advance and it was a clean result, despite the Authority being involved.

Now watch the contract be STRIPPED from Dean for instigating a fight with the Authority on the next Raw.

Whelp, color me surprised. They did it weeks in advance and it was a clean result, despite the Authority being involved

Understood, and this is one of the great things about the world of pro wrestling. Yes, Dean won cleanly, yet it's not as if he beat the hell out of the veteran .....who also happens to be "the guy who runs the place." Ambrose took advantage of the situation and came out with a clean win, yet nothing in the WWE Universe has been placed out of kilter.

Now, Ambrose will face Rollins in the cage, which is what most folks seem to have wanted. Cena didn't have much of a reason to meet Rollins at HIAC, yet Ambrose having to go through Cena to get there somehow legitimatizes the whole match.

All is as it should be.

I'm not so convinced Cena is going to win this.

Many people are saying well since Cena entered himself into the Ambrose/Rollins feud, he must get something out of it. Personally, it seems to me that since the WWE Champion Brock Lesnar ain't on the show, and since Cena has no real rival at the moment, he needed to be in something of importance to help sell the pay per view. Furthermore, I think this whole "winner faces Rollins" thing is just a cover-up for having Rollins v Ambrose in the main event of a pay per view. It isn't exactly the type of match that SELLS pay per views, despite what the general smark would think, the neutrals or casual fans perhaps aren't as interested in seeing that match in such a big spot.

If Cena was going to face Rollins, I would think the WWE would hype that in advance.. Ambrose v Rollins, not so much. So yeah while I don't even think this match is going to end clean, especially after the stupid stipulation they announced for it, expect for Ambrose to take the win for this one.

I like your thinking here Rusty and am hopeful for this outcome. As Navi said, if Cena won a lot of people would kick off and angry fan chants will ruin the show (not for the first time this year). WM was good but here's where it's time to see if WWE has really learned from the Rumble.

Now the Orton aspect partially has me thinking the reverse, because holy fudge, are we really going to have Cena versus Orton, again? There's a ridiculous amount of times these two fought on PPV compared to say, Austin and Rock. Here's some ludicrous stats from a guy on Reddit (a few months back mind)

John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Matches: 52
Cena: 31
Orton: 15

Another winner (multi-man matches): 3
Draws: 3

Singles matches: 17
Cena: 9
Orton: 6
Draws: 2

For the WWE Championship: 8
Cena: 4
Orton: 4

Eeesh.

I think Cena/Ambrose no contest, to triple threat Cell main event would have objectively been best outcome based on these factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back