• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hell In A Cell: HIAC Match - John Cena VS Randy Orton

And now what ? Cena wins the title and it'll be Cena Vs Reigns at WM ?
Hopefully not, because that would mean Brock can use his rematch clause to create Brock Vs Cena part 5.

If not, maybe then can have Brock Vs Cena at SS with Brock retaining and Brock Vs Randy at the RR...once Randy has completed his face turn.

Can this really be because of a lack of creativity? I know we all get on Creative's case quite a bit, but surely they must know that Cena vs. Lesnar has been done too much, and that Lesnar vs. Orton/anyone else would be something fresh. Is this just a matter of Vince/whoever turning down every idea they have and saying "Let's put Cena in there!" I just can't imagine the folks in creative saying, "Hey, how about we have Cena get another title shot instead of someone that the audience has seen go after Lesnar?"

Anyone besides Cena fighting Lesnar not only doesn't make sense, but it's completely illogical since Brock is a monster heel and Cena is the only face powerful enough to beat him.

I know we all get on Creative's case quite a bit, but surely they must know that Cena vs. Lesnar has been done too much, and that Lesnar vs. Orton/anyone else would be something fresh.

I don't think it's a problem of creativity. As always, there's a lot than can happen between now and the time Brock's ready to fight again. If management wants to finish a Cena-Lesnar trilogy, they need a rubber match to do it....and if that is to happen, one would have to figure Cena goes over clean since he won a match by DQ and was slaughtered in the other. What would be the sense of him losing again? On the other hand, Randy would probably need to turn good to be in there with Brock, which would require an extreme turn of events, no? I thought we might see the beginnings of it last night, but that sure as hell didn't happen, did it?

I thought last night's match was great. As much as many of you seem to detest Cena going over, I kept thinking that two top of the card fighters like Cena and Orton might be tempted to not work as hard as they did. Instead, it was a long match that featured everything they could give. Sorry it displeases so many of you, but I thought it was great.

I don't think it's a problem of creativity. As always, there's a lot than can happen between now and the time Brock's ready to fight again. If management wants to finish a Cena-Lesnar trilogy, they need a rubber match to do it....and if that is to happen, one would have to figure Cena goes over clean since he won a match by DQ and was slaughtered in the other. What would be the sense of him losing again? On the other hand, Randy would probably need to turn good to be in there with Brock, which would require an extreme turn of events, no? I thought we might see the beginnings of it last night, but that sure as hell didn't happen, did it?

I thought last night's match was great. As much as many of you seem to detest Cena going over, I kept thinking that two top of the card fighters like Cena and Orton might be tempted to not work as hard as they did. Instead, it was a long match that featured everything they could give. Sorry it displeases so many of you, but I thought it was great.

It's not so much the match that displeased me, they actually surpassed my expectations in that regard. I think Orton in particular in the last few months has been putting in work, and his recent matches have been particularly crisp. It's the predictable outcome that put a dampener on it for me.

In my opinion, the foundations had been laid perfectly for Orton to go over and face Lesnar. The RKO Outta Nowhere thing has really taken off (though I'm not using that as a prerequisite to be put over), and Orton has some more momentum which has been sorely lacking for a while. His matches have been very crisp as of late as I mentioned earlier. He RKO'd Heyman on Raw which would've added even more spice to a potential matchup. They could easily have turned him face and have him feud with Rollins until the championship match, or even turn him face after the match if Rollins tries to cash in. Him winning against Cena didn't necessarily mean that the Rollins feud couldn't happen between now and the Rumble where Lesnar is supposedly set to fight. It's all there! The groundwork to make everything run like clockwork is there. But instead we're left with Lesnar V Cena III which just doesn't excite many of us. I'm just disappointed, that's all. I'd have liked to see them try something a little different.

So, for those of you that would like to have seen Orton go over...what gives him the current kayfabe credentials to fight Lesnar? Decent match with Jericho? A MitB ladder match?

I mean, when you stand Cena and Orton side by side, in kayfabe terms, Cena is the bigger star. It makes more sense if it's even Cena takes it from Brock, Orton takes i from Cena. BUt there's just no possible way I can suspend my disbelief and imagine that Orton is the more qualified guy to take the title off of Lesnar.

So, for those of you that would like to have seen Orton go over...what gives him the current kayfabe credentials to fight Lesnar? Decent match with Jericho? A MitB ladder match?

I mean, when you stand Cena and Orton side by side, in kayfabe terms, Cena is the bigger star. It makes more sense if it's even Cena takes it from Brock, Orton takes i from Cena. BUt there's just no possible way I can suspend my disbelief and imagine that Orton is the more qualified guy to take the title off of Lesnar.

Beating super Cena clean would've given him a pretty decent credential alone considering it was a #1 contender match. Couple of months of strong booking whilst engaged in a hopefully entertaining feud with Seth Rollins culminating in a full babyface Randy Orton taking on the beast at the Rumble, with a strong possibility Rollins could cash in. Plenty of uncertainty going into the match, and Orton couldn't suddenly lose his #1 contender spot without at least getting a title shot first, or without some true Borethority heel switch, but I don't see how they could change it.

I'm not screaming at the wall demanding this is what should've took place, I'm just not that interested in Lesnar V Cena again, it's nothing more than that. The Rumble is obviously notorious for smarky crowds, I think they'll crap all over another Lesnar V Cena match just like they did with the Orton/Cena match in Jan, unless they have a major swerve of somesort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back