WWE Fast Lane - Sting/Triple H Confrontation

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced during last night's broadcast that Triple H will challenge Sting to a face to face meeting at the Fast Lane ppv. I think this is a smart move as it'll give fans more of an incentive to tune into Fast Lane and give it a little more oomph. It might not seem like a buffer between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania due to the novelty of this being Sting & Triple H's first real meeting and it'll be Sting's first promo in WWE.

Should be interesting and it will be great to finally see, and hear, Sting in a WWE ring. I realize he was in the ring at the Survivor Series PPV, but they haven't really followed up on that yet. And I realize he was on RAW last week as well, but it's time to move forward now from these random appearances and get some idea of a direction where it will be heading.

Personally I would have preferred to see this face to face confrontation occur at the end of an episode of RAW, an episode which would be hyped to death in advance just to see the effect, if any, on the ratings. This could allow for the match between Sting and Triple H to occur at the Fast Lane PPV. Which by default keeps Sting's schedule free for a more iconic and anticipated match up against someone else on the grandest stage of them all. As it stands now, it would appear that we get the face to face between Triple H and Sting at Fast Lane, culminating in a match between the two at WM31. Which will be fine, but it's not my absolute preference. I would prefer the face off on RAW, the HHH/Sting match to go down at Fast Lane, with the stipulation that if Sting wins (which he would) he gets the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31. At the end of Fast Lane, Sting stands victorious over Triple H when the lights go out, the gong sounds, and it's on. Gives me chills just thinking about it, even in 2015.

I get it, but I don't care. This is the sort of thing I skip on Raw. Triple H talking for ages, glances exchanged, Steph's shrill voice. I'll skip this and just catch it in the highlight package for their Mania match.

In some ways, the idea of Triple H engaging in any type of feud against Sting might bring as much scorn as approval. If matters eventually get physical, they can't get too far out of hand, right? Even in his mid-40's, Paul Levesque is still a tough guy who has shown the ability to fight no less than Brock Lesnar on even terms. What is Steve Borden capable of at this point?.....who really knows? Sure, he knows how to fight, but how good would he look doing it, especially with Trips knowing he has to take care in handling the AARP candidate.

Still, if there's anyone who knows how to work a clean match, it's Triple H. So, maybe we've got something here.

But, the lead-up to all this? I was surprised and rather impressed at the events of the last PPV. Many of us were wondering if Sting would ever show his face again, and when he did.....it was effective. Having Triple H, Show and Kane distracted from interfering in the Cena-Rollins match was a really good way to get things done. It made sense.

As to Trips facing off non-violently against Sting at Fast Lane? Again, if done effectively, it might set up events at WM31 very nicely. The sight of two mega-legends face-to-face has been a time-tested way of building anticipation toward the inevitable confrontation at WM.

It's all in how the segment is written. Invariably, there are fans who will detest whatever they see, of course, but if the overall effect comes off well, it will be a scene worth watching.

It's obvious were not getting Sting vs Taker at Mania31. The only last glimmer of hope was if Sting went against HHH at Fast Lane then challenged the dead man at mania, but with this being a face-to-face its now a certainty that we will get Sting vs HHH at Mania 31.

We need to see the reason why Sting attacked HHH, We need to hear Sting finally speak and gives reasons for his actions.

It's exciting, and I think the match between the two will be very good, Triple H know's how to put on a solid match.

I predict Sting will talk about WCW, HHH will eventually challenge him to a showdown at mania31 which Sting will accept.

I think Sting will go over clean, and the next night on RAW after Mania, Sting will challenge Undertaker to a match at mania 32 in Texas (ROCK/CENA year long build style) Which will be a double retirement match for both Legends of the business.

Epic

I don't really understand the logic in this. Triple H vs Sting is a pretty big match. Not as big as it is in Triple H's mind but big nonetheless. It just makes me scratch my head that they are supposedly confident Undertaker will work Wrestlemania and it will be against Wyatt rather than Sting. I never got the hype around Undertaker vs Sting, but it's obviously a match the majority of fans want so why not pull the trigger if they are both going to be on the same show anyway? Are they saving it for next year? Taker and Sting aren't getting any younger.

Sting wins obviously and should be a good match as Triple H is one of the handful of guys they have that can carry Sting to one.

This could be great to be honest. We'll finally know the reason why Sting is screwing up with Hunter. And I never get tired of watching Hunter with the mic. He still can sell a match or stipulation or put someone over. He is actually the best for business. This segment will be way better than the Authority stripping the title off Daniel Bryan in a PPV.

And if Hunter gets his hands on Sting and shows some offense we can expect a spectacular match between them. I'm just looking forward to this confrontation!

Cheers!!

Want to hear Sting's first promo live? Pay for it. Seems like smart business.

In 20+ years as a fan I never heard ANYONE clamouring for Sting vs. Triple H, though. Sting vs. Hogan, Hart and Undertaker, yes, but never Triple H. I'm still holding out hope for Sting vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania 32, because a program with a pseudo legend like Triple H would be a seriously disappointing sign-off for The Franchise. Giving up his status as "The Legend Who Didn't Need WWE" should be for a worthwhile cause.

Um can you say #shouldn'thavecancelledmysubscription lol. Should be interesting. I think the match at Mania will be epic. This was an excellent business move by wwe. I think, just to make sure people watch this ppv, they should do Rollins vs Brock one on one just my opinion though

HHH vs. Sting equals one thing: Safety in the ring. If anyone can protect Sting as much as anyone, plus make him look good it's Trips. He was able to do it with Taker 2 years in a row. Hell he did it in a cage.

The fact that it's meshing with the storyline is just icing on the cake.

If we're not gonna get Undertaker vs. Sting at WM this year, I think Triple H is the best choice for Sting's first WWE match. Though HHH obviously isn't wrestling full-time anymore, the guy is still capable of putting on one hell of a match. I'm not too sure about the details in Sting's contract, but if he is contractually obligated to be in a few matches, I think it's best that his first WWE match isn't against The Undertaker. If he is to make multiple in-ring appearances, I feel like having him go against Taker in his first match would have a negative impact on the matches to follow. Going against Trips at WM 31, then maybe Rollins or Wyatt or someone at Summerslam, would be a good way to preface the showdown we've all wanted to see for quite some time. The WWE knows that the fans want, and though they don't always show it (i.e. this past Sunday), I don't think they would miss out on the opportunity to capitalize on one of, if not the, biggest dream matches of all time. Vince needs to fill the AT&T Stadium at WM 32, which is capable of holding 105,000 people. If there was ever a time or place for Taker vs. Sting, it's at Wrestlemania 32 in Arlington, Texas.

This will be electric and highly entertaining.

I see this going one of two ways:

We get what we want and Triple H uses Undertaker as a hired gun. Or we get HHH/Sting at mania 31 but then the night after, we get the announcement for Sting/Undertaker at 32 with a year to build.

Sting is very VERY good on the mic, so I pray they let him cut his first promo at Fast Lane,

I ideally see this happening at Fast Lane:
HHH will come out in the final segment of the show, HHH will cut a promo saying Who does Sting think he is, why is he sticking his nose in his business etc he then ask's the Icon to come down to face him and settle the issues.

Sting comes out

Sting cuts a promo about WCW and its demise, gives some reason why he never went to WWE, and then his dislike to the management of WWE (possibly vince) which then now is Triple H. Says he has finally come here to make his final mark on the wrestling business by finally competing at the biggest company.

I think things will get heated, HHH will say: "what do you mean by leaving your mark on WWE?" Sting then points at HHH and then points at the Wrestlemania 31 logo above, and basically sets the match for mania31.
*Also I think a curve ball here could be that HHH only accepts the match if Sting agree's that if Sting looses Triple H will retire Sting and put the last WCW icon to rest. THIS of course won't happen - Sting will go over.
T.H.E.N
Next night on RAW after mania31. Sting comes out in the final segment and cuts a promo in the middle of the ring and says he wants 1 more match in his career before he calls it quits for good. He wants the match people have been wanting to see for 25 years. he wants the deadman. *Crowd pop* then a ***GONG*** the lights go out, and Undertaker appears on the ramp and just stares at Sting in the ring to call the finish of Raw then the TV credit logo comes up at the bottom of the screen......

I don't really understand the logic in this. Triple H vs Sting is a pretty big match. Not as big as it is in Triple H's mind but big nonetheless. It just makes me scratch my head that they are supposedly confident Undertaker will work Wrestlemania and it will be against Wyatt rather than Sting. I never got the hype around Undertaker vs Sting, but it's obviously a match the majority of fans want so why not pull the trigger if they are both going to be on the same show anyway? Are they saving it for next year? Taker and Sting aren't getting any younger.

Sting wins obviously and should be a good match as Triple H is one of the handful of guys they have that can carry Sting to one.

Taker vs Sting this year makes little sense. Who goes over? It is going to be Stings first ever match in a WWE ring so him losing kills all his credibility. As for Taker, the guy went 21 matches without losing - can he lose again? I don't think so and I think he will go over Wyatt and it is purely a match for the 'creepy lead up'.

Mania 32 in Texas...one was born there and the other lives there is absolutely perfect for both to bow out of the business in the Main Event. Sting can beat Triple H this year and throughout the course of 2015 he could have a match against Kane at Summerslam and then maybe one more against someone else before facing Taker at Mania 32.

THis is going to be a hard segment to sell, even though I like most of the build up. Will Sting cut a promo? Will it just be them taking 20 minutes to get to the ring in a dramatic fashion before Triple H talks and Sting beats him up- potentially challenging him for Wrestlemania? There better be a damn good reason why this segment isn't just used for RAW.

I understand the business aspect of it, it gets casual fans to get the Network to see Sting.

It just sucks they're probably going to use 20 minutes of air time to announce a WrestleMania match that they could have done on a RAW or even a Smackdown. They could use the air time instead for more time for Nikki vs. Paige, Barrett vs. Ambrose. I wouldn't be surprised if Nikki vs. Paige and Barrett vs. Ambrose match length combined goes over 15 minutes.

I get it, but I don't care. This is the sort of thing I skip on Raw. Triple H talking for ages, glances exchanged, Steph's shrill voice. I'll skip this and just catch it in the highlight package for their Mania match.

Them boobs though.

(Steph, not Triple H)

Anyways, if Sting actually speaks and we get a segment out of it, then itll be worthwhile. Much more so than some throwaway bullshit paint by numbers match.

Well, I highly doubt we are getting an actual match out of this so no in-depth predictions here from me. It will be really cool to see Sting confronting Triple H in a moment that Trips has done a good job of building up to. The true question is whether it will lead to the rumored Wrestlemania match between the two of them or not. The confrontation will probably take place towards the end of the evening, it might even close the show due to the amount of attention it has received. This has the potential to be the coolest part of the whole Fast Lane 2015 PPV.

Well, I highly doubt we are getting an actual match out of this so no in-depth predictions here from me.

That makes sense since we figure if Sting is going to have a WWE fight, it will be at a Wrestlemania, and nothing less.

However, I agree with the OP who said a non-violent confrontation should sooner take place on Raw than be scheduled for a PPV. While I was originally predicting that neither one would touch the other at Fast Lane, I now figure they've got to give the fans something to stir up interest for WM31.

So, I think that after exchanging threats, Triple H leaves Sting lying with a Pedigree to end the confrontation.

The only problem with this is Sting will be too out of it to actually accept the WM31 challenge.....so he appears on Raw the next night and does that. Or maybe he accepts at Fast Lane and then gets laid out.

Either way, it will be interesting to see which guy does a better job of holding his stomach in.

I know that this will be a nothing encounter with just a lot of talking from Triple H and a brief appearance from The Vigilante. But I am still excited about it. Truth be told, both of these guys have been amongst my favourite wrestlers for most of my life, so to finally get them in the same ring and, undoubtedly, hyping a match between them at WrestleMania has me sucked in completely.

I think Triple H will do most of the talking and after a lenghty promo, Sting will appear. I don't see their being any physicality to the face-to-face tonight but I am very sure that it will confirm the match for WrestleMania, which should be quite interesting, too. I have bene liking the way Triple H has been building the match between them as WCW versus WWE and I think that it should have a good pay-off.

This will likely be one of the later things on the card and it will be great to see Sting cut a promo in the WWE. I'm hooked and looking forward to their match at Mania.

This is going to be good! Like many have already said it, probably Trips is going to give a looong talk about Sting and the fact he is the WWE after 14 years and shit until Sting appears not saying anything. Maybe a little of a physical confrontation and even Triple H hitting the Pedigree. Who knows? Either way is the beginning of Wrestlemani fr these two, it's going to be great!

Triple H and Sting gave us a strong segment. I really enjoyed that when Trips came out, there was no sign of the COO......he was the Cerebral Assassin, as he should be in a confrontation such as this. The last thing I wanted to see was Triple H addressing Sting while wearing a damn suit. Trips started out looking to hide behind his corporate self with that "walk away" provision, but once it became clear Sting wasn't buying it, Triple H abandoned all pretense of a business solution and became the brawler we've known him to be. Great stuff.

When it was time to attack, I like the way both of them moved; there's no question in my mind we're going to see a hell of a match at WM31.

I kind of wish Sting had talked, but I wonder now if that would have taken away the mystique of him being there.

If anything, the black bat showing up and how Sting used it was great.

I kind of wish Sting had talked, but I wonder now if that would have taken away the mystique of him being there.

If anything, the black bat showing up and how Sting used it was great.

I would like for Sting to actually explain why he is here. Like what is the WWE kayfabe rationale for Sting finally showing up? Just for shits? What does he have against Triple H? And why now? But I feel like this will just be glossed over....

I quite like that Sting hasn't talked up til this point, it's building excitement up to when he finally will and you saw on last night's Raw that, kayfabe wise, it's getting to Triple H.

I hope they don't go down the WCW v WWE route though, I'd rather he just said he has taken on evil franchises before from the Horsemen to the nWo and that now he's here to take down the Authority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back