WWE Extreme Rules- Layla VS Michelle McCool- No DQ- Loser Leaves WWE Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than I expected last night as the Smackdown girls continue to wrestle circles around their red show counterparts. They had a pretty physical match with the ending making perfect sense and looking decent at the same time. It gets Michelle off the show and that's the ultimate goal. Also Layla turned face here which helps also. Another good match last night which was a running theme and given the expectations, this was a nice surprise.

Not much to write home about here. It was so obvious that Layla was going to win. This match easily won my pick for the match I go to the fridge for a snack during. I would have much rather preferred for Michelle to win even though she is going to take time off now. Layla will probably get pushed as a face. She was boring as a heel and she'll be boring as a face. She did need the win more, but this will not change the fact that I'm not interested in ever seeing her in a match because she's one of my least favorite divas. I'd want to see her be one of Kharma's victims in a one-sided match though.

You wanted a debate my friend? Ill give you one. ;)

Not much to write home about here.. It was so obvious that Layla was going to win.

By no means am I calling you out here, but I disgaree with this. Yes, with the McCool rumors swirling, it WAS obvious Layla was going to win. But on one hand, you had McCool, who was vicious and didn't care what happened to her partner of two years. On the other hand, you had Layla, who seemed quite conflicted about sending her best friend packing. Even the part with McCool begging was a nice touch, because Layla showed good psychology in that she DIDN'T want to kill her friends career, but hers was on the line as well. She effectively turned face, reluctantly sent her best friend packing, and we saw the debut of Kharma, who absolutely destroyed McCool in the aftermatch. I think this was really well done on both women's parts, and the Kong/Kharma debut was well done. If may not have been the best match, work wise, but the psychoogy was great, as was the Kong/Kharma debut.

This match easily won my pick for the match I go to the fridge for a snack during. I would have much rather preferred for Michelle to win even though she is going to take time off now.

But Layla needed the win so much more. After over a month of being berated and beaten down by McCool, both physically and verbally, the win was a necessity to prove McCool wrong. Layla had been losing match after match and looked less and less like the "equal" in LayCool she had been portrayed in for a long time. So her beating Michelle showed that she was more then just a sidekick McCool was carrying. It wasn't a decisive win, and it didn't need to be. The point is, Layla proved she was worthy of the "Lay" in "LayCool", even if they're done.

Layla will probably get pushed as a face. She was boring as a heel and she'll be boring as a face.

I dont recall Layla as a face other then her time in Extreme Expose, and she turned pretty quickly after that anyway, and has been a heel ever since, if Im correct. I dont see her getting pushed as a face, as I expect the division to be about Kharma/Kong being booked as unstoppable, and someone rising up to try nd stop her. It certainly won't be Layla, expect a Natalya, or more then likely a Beth Phoenix to be the one. Layla will be fed to Kharma most likely.

She did need the win more.

Agreed.

I'd want to see her be one of Kharma's victims in a one-sided match though.

I think you'll get your wish sooner then later, my friend. ;)

You wanted a debate my friend? Ill give you one. ;)

I've never had a debate with one of my protege's before. You got it!

By no means am I calling you out here, but I disgaree with this. Yes, with the McCool rumors swirling, it WAS obvious Layla was going to win. But on one hand, you had McCool, who was vicious and didn't care what happened to her partner of two years.

Michelle being the more violent of the two in LayCool was part of why I wanted her to win. She's far more entertaining than Layla and would have remained a successful heel without the faction, whereas in Layla's case it saved her career. Michelle was leaving though so Layla did need the win more.

On the other hand, you had Layla, who seemed quite conflicted about sending her best friend packing. Even the part with McCool begging was a nice touch, because Layla showed good psychology in that she DIDN'T want to kill her friends career, but hers was on the line as well. She effectively turned face, reluctantly sent her best friend packing, and we saw the debut of Kharma, who absolutely destroyed McCool in the aftermatch.

It was alright by divas standards, although I still stand by my previous statement that it wasn't much to write home about. Layla still needs to improve in the ring and on the mic. I never saw anything special about her that made her stand out. Michelle begging only to still get defeated was a nice touch, and I marked out for Kharma showing up. I would have rather her destroy Layla instead of Michelle, but hey, we should finally have our anti-diva starting this week. Layla and Kelly are the main two I want her to go after and squash in one-sided matches.

I think this was really well done on both women's parts, and the Kong/Kharma debut was well done. If may not have been the best match, work wise, but the psychoogy was great, as was the Kong/Kharma debut.

I'll give you this, Layla did have better in-ring psychology than usual. She's usually awful at just about everything. However I still find little to nothing entertaining about her. You cannot have an entertaining match with someone average (Michelle) and someone who sucks (Layla). It takes someone great to carry a match with someone who's bottom tier. I'm going to miss Michelle and I hope that she comes back for another run whenever Taker makes his return. Kharma can easily take her place as the focus of the division for now.

But Layla needed the win so much more. After over a month of being berated and beaten down by McCool, both physically and verbally, the win was a necessity to prove McCool wrong. Layla had been losing match after match and looked less and less like the "equal" in LayCool she had been portrayed in for a long time. So her beating Michelle showed that she was more then just a sidekick McCool was carrying. It wasn't a decisive win, and it didn't need to be. The point is, Layla proved she was worthy of the "Lay" in "LayCool", even if they're done.

I completely agree here. Regardless of if I like her or not, Layla needed and deserved to be put over by her former ally here. She's the one who will be sticking around, and she could have used the victory more than Michelle anyhow if there wasn't a "loser leaves" stipulation since she was always portrayed to be the underling in LayCool rather than an equal. I still don't care for her matches, perhaps her face turn will prove me wrong. Or perhaps she'll get built up only to get squashed by Kharma. I like that idea better.

I dont recall Layla as a face other then her time in Extreme Expose, and she turned pretty quickly after that anyway, and has been a heel ever since, if Im correct. I dont see her getting pushed as a face, as I expect the division to be about Kharma/Kong being booked as unstoppable, and someone rising up to try nd stop her. It certainly won't be Layla, expect a Natalya, or more then likely a Beth Phoenix to be the one. Layla will be fed to Kharma most likely.

I hope so. Layla has been a heel for as long as I can remember. Even during Extreme Expose, I believe she and Kelly were feuding with Kelly as the face. It's been a while. She turned face by standing up to Michelle who was the top heel. Kharma will likely be a tweener, destroying the entire division until someone like NATALYA or BETH can put together a REAL womens wrestling match. That I'd pay to see. Not gonna lie, I hated Kharma during her time in TNA, but I am rooting for her now because WWE's female division desparately need something new and she will bring just that. Layla being fed to Kharma will be a mark out moment for me. Same goes for Kelly in the same situation, and basically every other diva except Natalya or Beth, although I also wouldn't mind a Kharma/Michelle feud if Michelle returns.

I think you'll get your wish sooner then later, my friend. ;)

I hope so. I still didn't like this match/feud much because like I stated earlier, it takes someone great to carry someone who sucks to an above average match. Other than the Kharma part it wasn't anything to write home about. At least with Kharma quickly becoming part of the equation it might be the last of that type of match on PPV for a while. We can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back