WWE: Dumpster Match, Bret Hart vs. Harley Race

Bret Hart vs. Harley Race

• Hart

• Race

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dumpster matches aren't as simple as throwing a guy into the trash can. You have to beat the holy hell out of the guy and throw him in.

I just...I guess im not understanding were you are getting this. I dont see were the "beat the holy hell" portion comes from. The stip isnt "beat the holy hell out of your opponet, then throw him in a trash can" match, its just simply a dumpster match. The match could last 30 fucking seconds, in reality.

also, lest we forget, bret is drastically underrated as a brawler. Ask Steve Austin about it.

I just...I guess im not understanding were you are getting this. I dont see were the "beat the holy hell" portion comes from. The stip isnt "beat the holy hell out of your opponet, then throw him in a trash can" match, its just simply a dumpster match. The match could last 30 fucking seconds, in reality.

also, lest we forget, bret is drastically underrated as a brawler. Ask Steve Austin about it.

You know, I don't know how many times I hear it NorCal. There is a phrase that comes to mind when I think of Bret Hart. The man that could take a beating. It sure is true. He could take a beating like no other, but that means he is well equipped to take that beating, and get back up from it.

Okay.

Dumpster matches are no disqualifications. The dumpster is backstage. I don't know how much you guys know about Harley Race, but this guy was a total cheater and villain.

He's allowed to use chairs, brass knuckles, every piece of equipment you can find. This is what he LIKES to do. Bret Hart is a tough guy, I'll give you that. I've seen the guy take some serious beatings and still end up winning the match.

I'm not even saying he can't win; I am just saying in this one scenario, I'd put my money on Harley only because it turns into a brawl with NO DQ. It's also not like a battle royale where you just gotta throw someone out of the ring. Dumpster matches are more complicated than that.

Neither of these two are going to be taken from the ring to the back and tossed into a dumpster in 30 seconds. This is going to be a war, and no mistake.

Bret is famous for doing a few things and one of them is when he's getting beat down, he pulls a win out of nowhere via Sharpshooter or an inside cradle or some unique pinning combination. There are no pinfall or submissions and to beat Harley Race, he's gotta lift the guy up at least a small distance and toss him into a large dumpster.

Basically to do this, you have to (A) have a guy beaten so badly he's unable to stop it from happening or (B) be so much bigger or stronger than him that you can just man handle them into the can.

Bret is NOT going to accomplish B which leaves him with A. Bret can brawl but it's far from his preferred game and its right into what Harley Race likes to do. That's why I'm leaning towards Harley Race in this scenario.

No kidding, just about any other type of match I vote Bret without almost any hesitation.

Nope, this one goes the Hitman. He can go under Extreme Rules - just ask Austin - and has the better Arsenal. Race is vulnerable not only to a surprise 30-second defeat with Hart's greater flexibility allowing him to send Race over the ropes and into the trash can, but also to Hart doing what he did to Austin. Lock him in the Sharpshooter, keep it on and Race just passes out: I don't see Race being able to counter it, and getting to the ropes is irrelevant here, right? From there it's easy to roll Race in. Hart in either an epic or a super-quickie.

Okay.

Dumpster matches are no disqualifications. The dumpster is backstage.

The following match takes place in the WWE Region, from Madison Square Garden.

The Match Type: Dumpster Match.
commercial-dumpster.jpg

The match will end when one of the wrestlers places the other inside of a dumpster at ring side, and closes the lid shut.

Oh wait, fucking WRONG. Maybe you should ah, make a habit of reading the first post, and the actual rules of the matches, since that one thing I just posted totally refutes your entire post.

All Bret has to do is knock Race into the dumpster and close the lid. the match favors no one.

In no place would Race go over Hart, cetainley not in the WWE. Bret outsmarts race, low bridges a clothesline, pulls the rop edown, Race flips into the dumpster. Bret wins.​

Had Harley Race been around in an era where hardcore wrestling was common, he would have thrived. This is a hardcore match and, as great as he was, there is nothing hardcore about Bret Hart. Even if this was a straight up wrestling match, Race would take Hart to the limit. The fact that the bigger, stronger and more brutal Race simply needs to stuff his opponent into a dumpster spells disaster for Bret Hart.

This is an great example of how gimmick matches WILL effect the outcome of a match. Don't be so quick to vote for Hart. Race should take this one rather easily.

I think some people are looking too much into Race being the bigger/stronger competitor. Race and Hart are actually the exact same height. And Race is only about 15 pounds heavier than Hart, which isn't much. People act as if Hart wasn't strong. Bret Hart has bodyslammed and superplexed VADER in the past. Vader weighs 200 pounds more than Race, so if Hart had to pick up Race and dump him in a dumpster, I don't see there being much of a problem.

This match is mostly to do with being aware of your surroundings. Bret Hart is one of the smartest wrestlers ever, he knows where he is inside that ring at all times. All it takes is a simple reversal of a piledriver into the dumpster and the match could be over. My argument is not to vote against Race, but to vote for Hart. The stipulation favours no one in this match, they both could feasibly win.

I think some people are looking too much into Race being the bigger/stronger competitor. Race and Hart are actually the exact same height. And Race is only about 15 pounds heavier than Hart, which isn't much. People act as if Hart wasn't strong. Bret Hart has bodyslammed and superplexed VADER in the past. Vader weighs 200 pounds more than Race, so if Hart had to pick up Race and dump him in a dumpster, I don't see there being much of a problem.

Great point, especially along with the fact that Bret Hart was on steroids for a large portion of his carreer, he even said so. that, if nothing else makes up for a small difference in weight. Im starting to think that Bret Hart is pretty badly underrated on this forum

This match would be close, and I'm sure at the end, we'll see both men standing on the apron, much like we saw with Christian and whoever he was fighting a few months ago. At that point, it won't be who was more worn down, or who can take the beating best...It'll be who can hit their opponent the hardest. In a contest like that, I have to vote for Race.

I know Hart is the better man, and would beat Race in almost every other gimmick match, but in this one, Race wins my vote.

Gotta go Race here. While are pretty even in size, strength, and smarts, I think that Race is just tougher. They'll go at it for about 30 minutes and it will be dead even, but I just can't picture Hart beating Race here. His main finishing move wouldn't do him much good and he is way out of his element.

Vote Race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back