WWE: Dumpster Match, Bret Hart vs. Harley Race

Bret Hart vs. Harley Race

• Hart

• Race

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region, from Madison Square Garden.

The Match Type: Dumpster Match.
commercial-dumpster.jpg

The match will end when one of the wrestlers places the other inside of a dumpster at ring side, and closes the lid shut.

Bret "The Hitman" Hart
wwf%20bret%20hart.jpg

vs.

Harley Race
harleyhof.jpg

Hart should take this. Harley Race was part of some pretty bloody matches, but he just wouldn't know what to do in this environment. Hart isn't much better, but he saw these kinds of matches in his last few months in the WWF/E. And while he was the technical master, he went hardcore when he had to. Just watch the legendary Wrestlemania 13 match for proof.

Harley Race was part of some pretty bloody matches, but he just wouldn't know what to do in this environment.

What's not to understand. You put your opponent into a dumpster. Sounds fairly simple to me.

Harley Race would win this match. He is a legit tough guy and as good as Bret Hart is, I just can't see him getting Race into the dumpster. This is the type of environment that Race excelled at and I see him getting the win in what would be a close match.

I'm going through these things preaching "Wear and Tear," and I'm sure it's getting old. But there's something to it.

Bret Hart has gone through: Antonio Inoki, Haku, and Mikey Shipwreck

Harley Race has gone through: Owen Hart, Umaga, and KENTA

Damn. They've gotta be gassed. It comes down to strength, and the ability to gather up that last little bit to slam your opponent just hard enough to knock him out. I dunno. Hart's wrestled epically long matches, and Harley Race is an animal.

I dunno. I'm leaning Harley Race though. Hart is the Master of Submission, but unless that submission is in the Dumpster, it doesn't really help.

Hart wins his matches by wearing down his opponents and finishing them off with the sharpshooter. The problem is, is that isn't going to get somebody into a wheelie bin. In order to do that, they need to be physically worn out with power moves, and I can only see Harley Race being able to do that. As I see it, it has to be Race winning this, I reckon.

This is a match where it could go either way. A Dumpster match between two legends in the squared circle. The question is, who's the more sadistic of the two?

That answer is Race. Race is a man who hired people to break Flair's neck, a man who would go into hostile environments and break limbs, take his check, his belt, and leave. He's old school. Even older school than Hart, and more street tough. I give this to Race simply because of the circumstances of the match. It's beating up your opponent, dragging him to a dumpster, and putting him in it and closing the lid. Hart can hurt Race, but not enough to get him in a dumpster.

Race takes it.

Bret Hart doesn't have nicknames such as "Hitman" and Excellence of Execution" for nothing. If anyone can wear down Harley Race enough to put him in a dumpster, it's the Hitman. It doesn't matter that Race is the stronger wrestler, that hasn't stopped Hart from winning matches before. Hart is also no stranger in competing in a no holds barred environment. He beat a much larger opponent Nash in a no holds barred match. He beat Austin in an I Quit match. He's won many cages matches in his career too.

This match also takes place in Madison Square Garden. Hart won the IC and WWE titles in this arena. He steps up his game in MSG, it's almost like a second home for him. This will be a hard, gruelling match, and Race will put up a great fight, but Bret Hart will be victorious.

Race takes it.

Yet again, I'm agreeing with Lariat. For almost all of the same reasons. Hart, in my opinion, is a better wrestler, but Race is by far the better heel. He'll beat on Hart, and wear him down until he can't move, and then give him a high knee, knocking him over the ropes, and into the dumpster. Hart could apply a sharpshooter, and hold it for 5 minutes, but he won't be able to lift Race and toss him. Even rolling him would be enough to wear him out by that point.

Race wins. This could've been the match of this round, if it weren't a stupid dumpster match. Casket Match is the same thing, and would've been more interesting...:glare:

I'm leaning towards Bret Hart on this one. He's been in a few no DQ matches in his time against the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, for example, and came out on top. Harley Race, while legendary, isn't a physical juggernaut that's going to run over the Hitman. In terms of all around wrestling ability and athleticism, Bret Hart I think has the edge. The thing about a dumpster match is that, in theory, it could be over just like that. For instance, Race goes for a piledriver or a suplex on the floor and, instead is back dropped or reverse suplexed into the dumpster. Hart rushes to the lid and slams it shut. Being momentarily stunned is really all that'd be necessary for either one to lose the match, they don't have to be a half dead, bloody pulp.

Hart wins his matches by wearing down his opponents and finishing them off with the sharpshooter. The problem is, is that isn't going to get somebody into a wheelie bin. In order to do that, they need to be physically worn out with power moves, and I can only see Harley Race being able to do that. As I see it, it has to be Race winning this, I reckon.

So Hart wins then. If Hart's entire offence is based upon wearing people down, and this match is all about wearing people down, it sounds like Hitman takes it.

I think Race is going to take this too.

Just because "The Hitman" wrestled in long matches, so did Harley Race. Race has gone through epically long matches too, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Race has fought in Longer matches than Hart. Meaning that Hart will not be able to outlast Race.

Also, Race is a legit tough guy. He might even be tougher than Hart so that should help him wear Hart out, Also he has the Headbutt...So that should help him out a lot. If Bret "The Hitman" Hart can keep the Sharpshooter long enough, which I think Race would be able to reverse it or escape from it, then he might have a chance. But for now my Vote is on Harley Race.

I think the power game will overtake the submission game and Race was more powerful than Hart. Bret will keep Harley grounded for a while but I believe Race has enough to put Hart in the dumpster and pick up the win.

May I start by asking how Bret Hart is not a tough wrestler? Did he not grow up with eight brothers in a wrestling family? Is he not the guy who excelled in amateur wrestling?Is he not the guy who had brothers piss in his mouth causing himself to develop legitamate fighting abilities? The guy whose father is know for making Harley Race and many other tough men of wrestling cry who then went on to teach his son everything he knows. He is an artist of the wrestling world, never hurting an opponent in the ring. He can surgically execute his opponents in any enviroment. You mean to tell me this man is not able to decimate another opponent in the ring, crippling him with the sharpshooter then taking his beatdown corpse to the can and dropping him like he dropped Sunny.

Submissions don't matter in this match so Bret could wear Race down and lock in the sharpshooter. Once Bret has it locked in Race would tap but you don't win by submission so Bret more than likely wouldn't let go until Race had either passed out or broke a leg

Random Poster said:
Race would never pass out to the Sharpshooter.
well Random Poster if Steve Austin passed out to the Sharpshooter There is no doubt in my mind Harley Race would pass out to the Sharpshooter.
Random Poster said:
The only reason Austin passed out is because he was loosing pints of blood due to it being a DQ match.
Well a Dumpster Match also has no DQs and as Hart showed in that no DQ submission match you mentioned he knows how to use foreign objects. Odds are he would make Race bleed just as much if not more than Austin did thus making him pass out and being easy pickins to be rolled into the dumpster giving Hart the win.

This short skit has been brought to you by the Vote for Bret Hart foundation

Kayfabe wise, I would say Bret Hart is the smartest man in the history of professional wrestling. The character was truly flawless. You put him in any situation, and he overcomes it with ease simply because of his intelligence.

Harley Race is no dummy either and he's a tough motherfucker, but Bret Hart finds a way to put him in a fucking dumpster, especially since Harley isn't one of those heels who had this large entourage to help him out.

Since it's one on one... Bret Hart pulls off the victory in a hard fought match-up.

I've gotta go with The Hitman. Hart was very underrated in hardcore environments, just check out his No DQ match with Diesel (don't remember the PPV, but it was great, and Hart took it to Diesel). The fact is, that Hart will take a beating. But, he always did and still managed to win, regardless of stipulation. Race is tough, and a great wrestler, but I think The Hitman has the edge.

Pretty sure Bret Hart be feeling on that butt, what. Bret Hart knows his way around a dumpster - he did end his career in WCW.

Harley Race here - the hall of famer would never lose to Hart.

I think I have to give it to Race but it's very close. Both guys can get violent when they need to, but there's really no strategy for a match like this. Either guy could win this easily, but while I can picture Hart losing it, I just can't picture Race losing it. Even if Bret knocks him out with the Sharpshooter, that's still dead weight he has to get into the dumpster. This match is goign to be won with a quick move to get someone in there, and I think Race is crafty enough to do that first. Neither will make many mistakes, so I have to go with Race, out of pure greatness.

Harley Race seems like the type of guy that would bring a pair of Brace Knuckles with him in his trunks, and use them at the opportune time on Bret Hart. However, Bret Hart seems like the fellow tor ealize that Harley Race would be the type of person to bring a pair of Brass Knuckles to the ring to use at an opportune time.

Harley Race also seems like the type of person to bring a pair of brass knuckles, and also hid a spare in the turnbuckle of the ring rope when Bret Hart effectively neutralized the first pair of brass knuckles in the ring. But Bret Hart also seems to be the type of guy that would knwo that Harley Race would ahve two pairs of Brass Knuckles at ring side.

Btu what happens when Harley Race gets thrown into a dumpster, and then gets up and clocks Bret Hart in the face with a third set of Brass Knuckles that he had hidden in the bumpster. Now I don't think Bret is the type of guys to realize that that would be the game plan.

I can't see the Sharpshooter being effective in this match. Sure it might wear out the legs of Race, but that doesn't help Hart in getting him into the dumpster. Race is more sadistic, and I daresay Race is more brutal and resourceful then Bret Hart.

Link to who voted for who

Harley Race wins this not easily but he wins it. He is superior to Hart in this kind of match. Does Hart have a kind of move that will knock someone down for long enough to close the lid. Not really no. Race has beaten his opponents bloody in the past, and would proceed to dominate Hart at the right time in the dumpster. if you are voting for Hart based on the fact that he is Bret Hart you fail, this match is not in his favour and he is up against a legitimate main-eventer who is a decidedly brutal wrestler at times. This is a decidedly brutal match where the stipulation is a very important aspect of it. Hart doesn't have what it takes to beat Race in this match.

Oh I am sorry Shadow, Bret Hart must not have been the guy that locked on the sharp shooter to a bleeding Stone Cold Steve Austin, and caused him to pass out. Was that Harley Race? I forget. Cant make a guy pass out:cool:. Bret could apply the sharpshooter to Race while he is in the can, and let go an hour later, simply closing the lid when he is done.

Bret gets screwed again. He'd beat Harley in most quasi-normal matches but I don't like him in a brawl like this with Harley Race.

Ive no clue how anybody can make a case for this match benefitting either man. Anyone can throw anyone else in a damn dumpster, if they are pretty much the same size.

So, I have to go with the non kayfabe portion of my voting, and go with Hart. Race is fantastic, but I dont belive he is better than Hart in any part of pro wrestling. Not one. Bret Hart FTW

Ive no clue how anybody can make a case for this match benefitting either man. Anyone can throw anyone else in a damn dumpster, if they are pretty much the same size.

So, I have to go with the non kayfabe portion of my voting, and go with Hart. Race is fantastic, but I dont belive he is better than Hart in any part of pro wrestling. Not one. Bret Hart FTW

Well don't you see my North California friend, Garbage bins are ever so tricky. Have you ever tried to open one? Apparently Harley Race's ability to outbrawl Hart gives him this huge advantage in operating waste disposals.

New key point in support of Bret. 12 kids. tons of wrestlers staying at the house. a fucking bear living in the house. Not only did Bret probably have to brawl to get a biscuit, but can you imagine the garbage that that house produced? I bet they had a garbage bin like that outside of their house. And since the Harts have gone through some financial times throughout their existence, they couldn't afford toys. Kids in poverty usually hang out in garbage. This means to me, Bret hart probably has experience playing around in these facilities since childhood.

Well don't you see my North California friend, Garbage bins are ever so tricky. Have you ever tried to open one? Apparently Harley Race's ability to outbrawl Hart gives him this huge advantage in operating waste disposals.

*shakes my head*

Are you kidding me?

Dumpster matches aren't as simple as throwing a guy into the trash can. You have to beat the holy hell out of the guy and throw him in. You can disagree al you want, but Harley is far better than Bret in a brawl.

In a normal wrestling match, Bret wins without much doubt in my mind. Maybe he still does; I hope he wins as he's one of my favorite wrestlers and I could care less about Race; but I think he's better in this scenario.

He's more likely to tear Bret apart and toss him all over the arena. Race is also a bit heavier than Bret and the winner of this match still has the task of LIFTING the defeated opponent and tossing them into the trash can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back