Harley Race vs. Umaga

• Race

• Youmanga

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE Rules, From Calgary, AL.

#8. Harley Race
race3.jpg

vs.

#25. "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga
Umag.jpg

THis is a most interesting match. Race is great, but I don't remember hearing about him going against someone like this. Umaga is a beast to put it mildly. Race is certainly crafty enough to beat him, but would his plans work? I'm really not sure. All it takes from Umaga is one big move and I think he could put Race away. However, I think I'll have to go with Race to be crafty enough to take this one, but if Umaga wins I won't be upset.

Harley Race... One of the best ever in the ring now facing the monster Umaga. A great matchup pitting power against technique. Umaga is more powerful then Race, and very fast for his size. Race is much more technically sound then Umaga which in my opinion wins it for Race. He will counter Umaga once after being decimated the majority of the matchup then wear him down. Close match but IMO Race wins.

I am going to go with Harley Race in this one, but for a different reason - his management career.

Race was no small guy, so Umaga, though bigger and stronger, won't completely overpower and obliterate Harley Race. Race can hold his own just fine there.

Let's remember that Harley Race spent YEARS around a Superheavyweight when he managed Vader in the 90's. He also helped train and work with him on the mat. Umaga's size and intensity won't take Harley by surprise.

Give me the multi-time NWA Champion over the agile and talented Samoan Stereotype.

DUDE. Thse chicks with Race are friggin smokin.

Ugh, as much as it pains me, gotta go with Race. More prestige, more accomplishment, more great matches. Umaga is awesome. Race is awesomer (Not a word)

I believe Race/Umaga would be a good but not great match. Umaga is agile and quick for his size but I think Race has too much experience and will figure out a way to beat him but just barely.

There's no doubt that Harley Race is a legend. There is no doubt that Umaga isn't one, but he would win a match-up between the two. Throughout his illustrious career the one man that Race never got the better of was the heaviest one he faced, Dusty Rhodes. The fact that Umaga is heavier and faster than Rhodes means that whatever it was that stopped Race beating Rhodes would be amplified.

Race would give this his all, but I just don't think he has very much in his repetoire that would neutralise somebody like Umaga. Race gives Umaga everything he has, only to be eventually outpowered by the Samoan, who gets a pinfall victory here after a samoan spike.

I really want to vote Umaga here, based on size and speed advantages, but Harley will find a way to ground him. Maybe a few high knees as Umaga is charging off the ropes. No matter what Race, finds a way to win.

Like KB said though, I wouldn't be completely saddened if Umaga pulled it off.

Harley Race is fat and slow, Umaga is fat, fast, and agile, Race won't be able to to get out of his way, all it takes is one high impact move out of no where and everything in this match swings in Umagas favor, and before you know it he's jamming his thumb in Harley Race's throat and picking up the win

I'm the old school guy, and the bottom line is Harley Race is a Seven time world champion. He's beaten the best of the best. Umaga's a freak of nature, but Race is the cagey veteran who knows how to win. I gotta go with Race on this one. Match goes about 30 minutes, Umaga wears down, stiff high knee lift from Race gets the win.

I'm going with Umaga. Not only is he larger than Umaga, but he is tries to ground Umaga or pull any dirty tricks, that will just enrage to Samoan Bulldozer, who will overpower him for the win.

Umaga doesnt generally have much luck with Main-Eventers, he destroys mid-carders and might edge out a win against an upper midcarder but then it's time for HHH or Cena to beat him into the ground. Failing that he could lose to Ric Flair by count-out again. Basically he might be big and strong but he's so fucking stupid he lost to a saggy old man.

I am voting Race.

Umaga's a fucking beast of a man, but Harley Race is a former multiple time world champion who has had a run at the main event for several several years. Harley Race wins this one due to him being more experienced in the ring & Umaga not faring well against the main eventers

[youtube]e2LgcZh9Tm8[/youtube]

As far as wrestlers today goes none of them are more like Harley Race than Triple H, Triple H is essentially a younger faster version of Race, and Umaga beat him in 5 mins., if Umaga can beat a guy like Triple H in 5 mins. what's to say he can't do the same to Race, also completely decimated HBK as well, so saying Umaga can't beat ME talent is just flat out wrong, also the high knee lift will be useless on Umaga, you forget how hard that samoan skull of his is, all that would do is slightly stun the guy than piss him him off

Reactions: gd
[youtube]e2LgcZh9Tm8[/youtube]

As far as wrestlers today goes none of them are more like Harley Race than Triple H, Triple H is essentially a younger faster version of Race, and Umaga beat him in 5 mins., if Umaga can beat a guy like Triple H in 5 mins. what's to say he can't do the same to Race, also completely decimated HBK as well, so saying Umaga can't beat ME talent is just flat out wrong, also the high knee lift will be useless on Umaga, you forget how hard that samoan skull of his is, all that would do is slightly stun the guy than piss him him off

Congrats to Umaga for for beating HHH with the help of 3 other men, that's like saying Undertakers better than Hogan because he beat him with the help of Bearer and Flair. Lets not forget the 4 or 5 times the game has beaten Umaga in return when there was nobody in Umaga's corner. If HHH really is that close to Harley Race then wouldnt that make Race's case in this one even stronger.

I have to give this to Umaga. Umaga is bigger, stronger and is probably just as fast and agile, possibly more so, than Race was. Umaga is too much of a physical force for Race to handle in my view. Yes, yes yes I know all about Harley Race as an 8 time NWA World Heavyweight Champion. I'll never deny Race is a legend and deserves respect, but he's bitten off more than he can chew. Harley Race's most devestating moves, the high knee and dive head butt from the second rope, will barely slow Umaga down.

Umaga hits a few major high impact moves, maybe a Samoan drop, squashing Race's head in the corner with that big Samoan ass of his, maybe a splash from the top and it's all over. I know that Race will be getting a lot of votes based on fond memories of him and will probably take this matched based on it, but he really shouldn't.

Fuck that shit man, I'm going with Harely Race. Nearly every wrestler in history is in agreement that Harely Race is the toughest, baddest motherfucker to ever step foot in a professional wrestling ring. While Umaga would put up a better fight against him more so then most of the wrestlers from today's era, he still, at the end of the day, would ultimately get his ass handed to him. Race is too tough, too intelligent, too crafty, has too much stamina, and has just the right amount of strength to take out Umaga. It'll take him a while and he'll take a lot punishment in the process, but Umaga would undoubtedly tire himself out and Race is smart enough to know when the perfect time is to strike.

To say Harley Race has never fought against someone the size of Youmanga is flat out ridiculous. It just so goes that Harley didn't fight them in the ring... He fought them in bars, all across America. Race is a legitimate bad-ass, and is known nationwide for his ability to fight off an army. His voice makes normal men quiver. And as Harley has said, according to Mick Foley, "If I hit him with my left, and he doesn't go down, I will walk around him to see what is holding him up".

Listen to any legend that you can about how tough Harley Race was. Umaga is strong and quick. But Harley has definitely fought bigger and tougher in his life. I have to give it to Race. Umaga will give him a good go. Harley's strength and toughness help him edge out Umaga.

But not after Umaga goes bat-shit crazy on him after the bell. Umaga will attempt to take out Race after the bell, and may severely injure Harley. That may just leave Harley in too much pain to deal with.... Well, that comes later.

Hansome Harley Race wins this one, he is the Bench Mark that all Main Eventers are measured against when looking at Titles won. There is a reason for this, he was that fucking good. Before Flair was the Man, Race was the Man. if Shockey's dad says that Race was the best he has ever seen wrestle than I would be inclined to agree. Race is the original Game, not too hard to see why he is ranked 8 in the WWE region.

I'm goin to go with Umaga because this guy is a monster, he's strong athletic and resiliant. It also doesn't help that im not the biggest Race fan, but i believe Umaga would have the speed advantage over Race and finish this with the thumb.

Yes, Harley Race is a wrestling legend. However I give the win to Umaga. Yes Harley Race did wrestle big guys like Hogan, Andre and Haku but he lost to all of them. Race's offense consisted of headbutts and suplexs both of which would be laughed off by Umaga. Is this a close match yes but Umaga would be the winner without a doubt. It makes no difference if Harley Race is a legitimate tough guy who fought in bars or anything like that this is about a wrestling match. Race and Triple H are not the same. Triple H is the size of Lex Luger but does Harley Race type moves. Umaga has defeated Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena amongst others. Has Umaga been World Champion no but thats the politics of the business. Winner Umaga.

Yes, Harley Race is a wrestling legend. However I give the win to Umaga.

Ok, let me see why I'm going to have to tell you you're wrong

Yes Harley Race did wrestle big guys like Hogan, Andre and Haku but he lost to all of them.

I'm sorry, when did he wrestle these guys? In the midst of his grand run with the WWF in the mid 80s. Either than that, Race has always been an NWA and AWA wrestler. I don't think I recall him ever facing these men at all. Even if he did, this tournament is all about deciding winners at their kayfabe height. Do you really think that he was at his best in the mid 80s as "King" Harley Race? C'mon, now.

Race's offense consisted of headbutts and suplexs both of which would be laughed off by Umaga. Is this a close match yes but Umaga would be the winner without a doubt.

I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever seen Umaga laugh. Again, Harley's left is the stuff of legends. Harley was notoriously stiff in his matches. Think none of Harley's moves would affect Umaga? How about watching some of his moves performed on someone who was notorious for not selling.... Bruiser Brody? Granted, he doesn't start to get his offense in until about four minutes into the match, the quality is extremely poor and chopped up. But here's Race's moves working on someone that most considered to be impervious to pain. We'll just see right now how much of a new school fan you are. If you can appreciate this, you'll realize Race's offense can work on anyone. Yes, even Umaga.

[youtube]ycrpQOA9ZiY&feature=related[/youtube]

It makes no difference if Harley Race is a legitimate tough guy who fought in bars or anything like that this is about a wrestling match.

Um, yes, it does matter. Part of pushing someone in kayfabe is the audience's ability to believe in that character. Nobody would believe Harley Race as the All American "Say your prayers, blah, blah", because that wasn't him. He was sold as a tough guy, because anyone that ever ran into him knew just how tough he was. It's believable that Harley Race could kick your ass in a bar, in the ring, anywhere he just so pleased.

Race and Triple H are not the same.

Ric Flair has compared Trips to Harley Race on more than one occasion. I think I'll trust Naitch's opinion than yours. Flair's been in the ring with both.

Triple H is the size of Lex Luger but does Harley Race type moves.

Please don't tell me you just used Lex Luger and Triple H in the same context.

Umaga has defeated Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena amongst others.

And Umaga has also lost to Santino Marella.....

Point taken? But since we'll get into this, let's look at the list of Harley Race's victims:

Ric Flair
Dusty Rhodes
Giant Baba
Terry Funk
Dory Funk Jr.
Ricky Steamboat
JYD
Bob Backlund
Superstar Billy Graham
Bruiser Brody

I can go on and on and on. Do we really want that?

Has Umaga been World Champion no but thats the politics of the business.

Politics mean absolutely nothing in this tournament. Absolutely nothing. Don't come on here talking about politics. Harley Race's entire run in the WWF was mired by politics. Besides, Vince has been quite good. He gave him the marquee match at Wrestlemania 23 against Bobby Lashley, and they stunk up the joint. Vince has been very good to Eddie Fatu. Unfortunately, Umaga's character does not make him a very believable champion.

Winner Umaga.

Loser joker76.

What the fuck are people on about about Politic's they make no difference in this match or this tournament, in his physical prime, Race was top dog. Consider that his prime was in the late 70's early 80's, consider the amount of talented guys he was up against during that time. And do not take just the WWF version of Race because he was a broken down old wrestler then. It is the same with Andre, don't take the late 80's early 90's stuff of his from the WWF and you don't take much from his managerial career other than his ability to study how a quick superheavyweight works and how to negate that advantage.

I guess I got served by JohnTenta. You are right I am wrong. I was only comparing Triple H to Lex only in size nothing else. You are correct. However I'm not a new school fan I am 32 yrs old and only really saw Race wrestle in the WWF.

Race is a legend, but he is a legend that never faced someone like Umaga. Umaga is just a freak and when healthy destroys anyone in his path. Race will give him a fight, but Umaga wins this one after that crazy corner butt smash, followed by a big time Samoan spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back