WWE Draft April 25

Not sure if this angle was approached yet (I'm too lazy to read 11 whole pages of posts)... What about HHH to SD? He's working a lot more behind-the-scenes now, he's got an inevitable WM rematch with Taker, etc. Why not move him to SD, let him do some of the booking, and start a year-long buildup to WM28? Let him get physical about every month to six weeks to keep the rust off, maybe start a few mini-feuds to put over upcoming talent on SD before the Taker showdown. Just an idea, and it's "the big name going to Fridays" everyone is looking for.

I would completely turn WWE on its head. Draft normally see around 10 guys swap shows. I would make it a completly different programme on both sides. Get some interest right back into WWE because since the anti climax of WM its being poor. Hell, I'd say since Barrett left Nexus its been boring. I loved him on Raw.

To Raw - Alberto Del Rio, Beth Pheonix, Big Show, Brodus Clay, Chris Masters, Drew McIntrye, Kane, Jack Swagger, Michelle McCool, Wade Barrett.

To Smackdown - Daniel Bryan, Eve, John Morrison, Mason Ryan, Melina, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Ted Dibiase, Triple H, Tyson Kidd

what are your draft ideas to better the company. here are some of mine.

Send to Smackdown
*Daniel Bryan- Have him fued with Barret for the IC title. Not only does this give Barret some one to fued with but it could put closure to the Daniel Bryan being "kicked out" by Barret last year. These guys would work good together and theres history involved.

*Randy Orton- Edge is gone and they need a name to draw for the show. Cena and Orton are basically at the top of the wwe food chain so if Cena's staying with raw it only makes sense.

*Zach Ryder- A lot of people see potenial in him and he's only really being used for backstage segments on raw. a change might be the perfect momentum for a push.

Send to Raw
*Cody Rhodes- I think he's come a long way in the last six months and would be a great united states champ at this point in his career. I think him and sheamus could have some good matches and it leaves the possibility for some unfinished ted Jr. buisness.

-Beth Phoenix- when she returned I really thought that the wwe would build towards Natalya Vs. Phoenix at wrestlemania for the Divas title with Kong debuting and clearing house setting up a rivalry between kong and phoenix. I think it would be great for the divas division if Kong and Phoenix battle it out on wwe's flagship show for a while.

*Alberto Del Rio- He's entertaining and great in the ring and I feel has the most potenial of any rising star in the wwe. Some people think he's being pushed to fast but you must remember this guy is no rookie. He was the biggest star in mexico for a decade.

John Cena to Smackdown
This could have been a good move, but then for a moment looked bad after some other moves were announced, and suddenly it became pointless. I will address that more at the end of this post.

Rey Mysterio to Raw
This made me angry, but it makes sense after a few more moves were announced. I'm not looking forward to Rey on Raw whatsoever, but things could be worse.

Randy Orton to Smackdown
This ended up being the biggest move of the night. Smackdown will have someone to build it around in Orton and he has clearly taken over Edge's spot as the top face. I hope to see him feud with Christian for the World Championship.

Mark Henry to Smackdown
Yeah.... Don't really care. He will still be a jobber in every match but battle royals where he somehow magically becomes A THREAT TO WIN!!!!

Sin Cara to Smackdown
Now Rey's move makes sense after this announcement. Sin Cara can appeal to Rey's fanbase and impress the crowd with far more impressive moves. He will do well on the blue brand.

Big Show to Raw
Why? Don't care. This changes nothing. He is currently a tag team champion with Kane, who is still on Smackdown. They can appear on both shows. The move itself changes absolutely nothing. Show will remain a jobber to the main eventers seeing small pushes here and there.

Alberto Del Rio to Raw
Huge move for Raw. Here is their new top heel. If he wins on Extreme Rules then Raw gets the World Championship. How will he and The Miz coexist on the same show? One of them is going to have to turn face.

John Cena to Raw
WHY!? Why would they move him just to move him back on the same night again? That was really dumb. Don't get me wrong, Cena needs to stay on Raw. Orton and Cena should be on different shows. However, the move only to move back was shock for shock's sake and really dumb.

That about says it all for my thoughts on the draft. No titles or announcers changed brands like in the 2008 or 2009 drafts.... but Edge's spot got filled and that was the priority this time around. Honestly other than Orton getting traded for Del Rio nothing really happened in this draft. Notice how all of the trades other than Orton and Del Rio are guys who are interchangeable with each other? Show and Henry, Sin Cara and Rey? Perhaps the supplemental draft will change things some more because the midcarders will all be up for grabs. I don't think any titles will switch brands, but we will see. Pretty disappointing in terms of what they could have done, but it helped out Smackdown who was lacking in star power and that's what needed to be done in the draft this year.

I think the right decisions were made for this draft. Now Smackdown has an A-list main eventer to add to the show along with an exciting up and comer in Sin Cara. I kind of predicted that Cena would be sent back to RAW at some point in the show. Although this probably guarantees that Christian will win the WHC this Sunday, unless WWE throws a big curve ball. It could be cool though to see how Del Rio would try to work his way into the WWE title picture with the massive heel Miz as champion.

Worst part is that for less than 2 hour I believed I would finally have fun watching Raw, but Cena had to be drafted back to Raw. You see I am really starting to get annoyed with all the FU that Vince give to the people who don't like part of his product. I am also tired of Vince trying to tell me what I should want and think he knows what I want better than me. I will give it to you that the kids need their John Cena fix so Vince kind of know what people want, but then again the low 3's rating beg to differ from the 6's of the past but oh well.

I am done with Cena, I can't watch him, I can't look at him and I will soon begin to pray that he gets injured for 5-6 months so I can finally get rid of him for a while. He need a break, he need to go away, well I need a break from him and sending him to Smackdown! for a while would have been perfect. It would have boost Smackdown from the kid watching it now (and seriously kid should stay up on friday, not monday) and it may even have boosted Raw from the people who can't stand Cena coming back to see what's up.

I am really disapointed in that move, just don't do it at least, but don't tease us because that's just a big FU and it's annoying.

Did they really think we would beleave them putting Cena on Smack Down. In past years drafts if you had noticed as soon as someone was drafted that persons picture was taken off either list. Monday they went and added the drafted person to the other bands list so they can be drafted again. So you knew he was going to be drafted back at the end of the show.

I hope the supplemental draft is better than the main draft was.

The fact Cena always gets such a mixed reaction is probably why they have done this, not only was it suprising and i supose a great for Cena fans, but it makes the people that really do dislike him want to boo him just that bit more. Cena typically gets not only the biggest cheers but the most boo's, getting a reaction out of pretty much everyone, which can only be good for the wwe.

It was however a bit of a waste of two draft pics in a draft that hasn't really changed things that much other than Ortons and Del Rio's moves. Bottom line is Cena is the biggest face in the company and needs to be on raw.

I was disappointed Cena got drafted back to Raw. That means Orton really is set to be the top guy on that brand. Dammnit.

As far as the other results, it just seems like they swapped guys in the same roles:

- Rey and Cara (flashy lucha dudes)
- Show and Henry (big, fat asses)
- Del Rio and Orton (number two guys on the shows)

I think the only thing of interest to me is that Mark Henry destroyed his team. I love Mean Mark Henry.. All I need know is to see him and Brodus Clay in a pie eating contest.

No titles or announcers changed brands like in the 2008 or 2009 drafts.

tag team champs are moving, but i agree a very pointless draft in general nothing has changed other than RKO going to smackdown. the same good talent is still going to get burried, you have too many top heels on raw and not enough on smackdown and it all makes very little sense.

i guess i will have to see the supplemental draft to see what happens

Kelly Kelly to Raw... well its hard to not like that.. she's too hot to hate ;) much like Velvet Skyy :D

ok William Regal was just drafted to Smackdown,.. I hope they find something for him.. he is always entertaining. Regal is hall of fame material to me, maybe he is there to commentate and show Booker T a thing or two?

Anyone catch the Mark Henry interview on WWE.com? http://vids.wwe.com/11856/wwecom-exclusive-mark-henry-reac

He shows some actual face emotion, then he turns heel. This would have been a nice face promo if not for that. Well, I hope they can find a good use for him. He had a bit of a push on Raw, but just doesn't have the charisma to go to the next level. He does still have that size, and can potentially help get some of the younger guys over.

Very happy to see Danial Bryan move to Smackdown, I think he'll be able to show what he can do a bit more there. I can see a probably Intercontinental title run in the near future.

So now RAW is the heel show while Smackdown is the face show.

Maybe they're setting up some kind of "invasion" angle with Wrestlers from either brand turning up on the other brand to feud?

Or they have just fucked it up and there is no real plan.

Knowing WWE, I think it is the latter

Draft Thoughts:

Cena (Swerve) - Utterly pointless

Rey Mysterio To Raw - NEGATIVE - I think his promos are dull & he suits the more wrestling focused Smackdown, where he should be putting over new talent...

Randy Orton To Smackdown - Positive - They needed a new top face, I don't think Christian can carry a brand. HE can also put over the newer talent

Mark Henry To Smackdown - Negative - He will be boring to watch in the more wrestling driven Smackdown... don't want to see Henry participate in 10 min matches week in and week out. The heel turn suits Mark more who makes a terrible face, but he's not the new number 1 heel which I fear WWE might have planned.

Sin Cara To Smackdown - Positive - No brainer here... Sin Cara can't cut a promo so take him off the more promo driven show.

Big Show To Raw - Positive - I think he suits the Raw style a lot more, the guy can cut an entertaining promo heel or face and will be much more bearable to watch in the shorter Raw style matches. Opens up potential to the Kane & Show tag team reign... which the WWE probably won't capitalize on.

Alberto Del Rio To Raw - Positive - Despite pretty much killing his chances of becoming WHC I believe Del Rio needs to get exposure more then titles, he has some of the best mic skills in the WWE and will suit the more story driven Raw style, the only draw back is we are less likely to see Del Rio work decent length matches on a weekly basis but it gives someone new for Cena to feud with .

Daniel Bryan To Smackdown - Positive - He needed this badly, he was due to get lost in the shuffle at Raw... he is a great wrestler and as such will probably do much better on the Wrestling focused Smackdown. An Intercontinental title reign is begging here

Jack Swagger To Raw - Negative - I see Swagger getting lost in the shuffle on Raw, whilst it gives Raw a new decent heel mid carder I don't see Swagger getting anymore over with the Raw crowd as he was with the Smackdown crowd, also the is currently no midcard title on Raw (see later)

The Great Khali To Smackdown - Negative - Raw is the entertainment show, Smackdown is the wrestling one... the only role Khali can surely fulfill right now is to put a show on for the kids....... he isn't at all suited to Smackdown

The Uso's To Smackdown - Neutral - Couldn't care either way, it's not as if the Smackdown tag division is anymore 'exciting' then raws

Kelly Kelly To Raw - Positive - One of the sexiest divas ever and forever improving in the ring I can see Kelly Kelly making a huge impact on Raw. She will sell well and will do nothing but benefit from the added exposure.

JTG To Raw - Neutral - Unlikely to get anymore over on Raw then he was on Smackdown but he desperately needed a change for any hope of him to do ANYTHING in the WWE.

Alicia Fox To Smackdown - Neutral - Couldn't care either way

William Regal To Smackdown - Positive - Anything which would indicate more involvement from Regal whether it would be Wrestling or Announcing or any other non wrestling role. He is a great wrestler so suits the Smackdown style and has been the only redeeming factor in a terrible series of NXT, he could make a good/great commentator for the show

Yoshi Tatsu To Smackdown - Positive - Never was going to make it on Raw, he just doesn't have the look but on Smackdown he could shine in the ring and may make it as a midcard face.

Drew McIntyre To Raw - Positive - Definitely suits the Raw style more & he got lost in the shuffle in Smackdown... the didn't appear to be anyway he could live up to the way he was built on that show. The Raw move could breathe new life into the scotsman

Natalya To Smackdown - Positive - This is good for she was getting lost in Raw's roster, she can wrestle as well which should suit the more wrestleminded Smackdown and will give her chance to develop her Charisma

Curt Hawkins To Raw - Neutral - Don't see him either benefiting or loosing out by the move, see him remaining a jobber

Chris Masters To Raw - Positive - I don't think Masters suits Smackdown as much as he does Raw... I think the guy needs to be involved in a significant story line and you're more likely to get this on Raw. I don't know on the whole though, this move could make or break the masterpiece & with Tyler Reks also moving brands they may work on the Reks Masters feud thats been running threw out Superstars this year.

Kofi Kingston To Raw - Positive - This guy needed a change of scene, he could really hit off on Raw... the only problem is as of this moment in time the are no mid card titles on Raw.

Ted DiBiase To Smackdown - Positive - He needed this move badly, if he stayed on Raw his career would be all but over... could still be the case but at least this gives him some hope of accomplishing something.

Tyson Kidd To Smackdown - Positive - Not ready to be on Raw IMHO but good enough in the ring to get at least a little over on Smackdown

Tamina To Smackdown - Neutral - Couldn't care either way, guess the Santino angles been dropped

Tyler Reks To Raw - Positive - I genuinly believe he could be put over as a monster heel on Raw + with him being drafter over along with Masters, it hints to a Raw version of the really good Masters Rex feud over on Superstars

Alex Riley To Smackdown - Positive - This is one of the best draft moves, lets Miz be on his own and finally frees Riley from being a sidekick, whether he takes the ball and runs with it of fumbles is to be seen.

Beth Phoenix To Raw - Positive - She could restore some credibility in the divison that has been squashed in recent weeks on Raw (on Smackdown it hasn't been squashed at all) however I would of loved to have seen Natty and Phoenix on the same roster

Sheamus To Smackdown - Positive - This could cause a major change in the wwe and the possible unification of the mid card belts. Also Sheamus had done all the was to do on Raw, he needed change & could very well be the number one heel on Smackdown if used properly

Overall, not a bad draft

My 2 cents:

Cena to SD and back again
Ha. Ha. Bunch of friggin jokers.

Rey Mysterio to Raw
Didn't they already try that once and immediately regretted it because a significant percentage of the Latino market stopped watching SD?

Randy Orton to Smackdown
That's ok. Since Cena to SD is simply unthinkable this was necessary. One show is not big enough for two supermen and SD needs one. This trade was the main reason for the draft in the first place.

Mark Henry to Smackdown
Oh, he was on RAW? Doesn't really matter, does it? And he's a heel again. Whatever. Mark is a nice guy. Just not a significant one.

Sin Cara to Smackdown
Everyone agreed beforehand that he needs to be on a show that can be edited until he manages to iron out the excessive amount of botches in his matches. So this only makes sense.

The Big Show to Raw
Reminds me of the Jerishow times. Show was a RAW guy, his tag partner from SD. Ultimately it doesn't matter on which of the two show he's on. On RAW he is less likely to get another main event push, as sometimes happened on SD. That's a good thing. Nothing against Show, I like the guy, but he's simply not the man I want in the main events.

Alberto Del Rio to Raw
Hmmm. I'm on the fence with this one. Generally speaking I want the guys I like to be on RAW, and I like Alberto. But he was just settling him as SDs new top heel. They filled the top babyface gap only to vacate the top heel. There are other implications here. Looks like Christian is going to win at Extreme Rules. That I like. But I also hear that the upcoming Cena-Alberto feud is going to supposed to be a title match. That could mean Cena will be winning the title from the Miz soon. That I definitely don't like.
Also, if moving Rey Mysterio away from SD hurt the ratings in the latino market in the past, what effect will moving both Rey AND Alberto have?

Daniel Bryan to Smackdown
Good call. He needs to be where there is more pure wrestling. I would like to see him scratch the surface of the main event picture there.

Jack Swagger to Raw
Makes sense. He needs to be where Michael Cole is at. Granted, Cole is on both shows, but I expect the Michael Cole content to be toned down or go in a somewhat different direction (Raw GM) soon.

The Great Khali to Smackdown
Why send him to Smackdown? Here's a better idea: The WWE alumni page.

The Uso's to Smackdown
They bothered to move them? I expected them to get fired soon. Apparently they do still have plans for them. We'll see if they can realize them on SD.

Kelly Kelly to Raw
I honestly could barely tell what diva was on what show before, and it won't change now. This will have no discernable effect as far as I'm concerned.

JTG to Raw
Like the USOs - if they bothered moving him, it means they are not planning on firing him soon. That's good news for him. Whether or not that's good for the audience I doubt.

Alicia Fox to Smackdown
See Kelly Kelly.

William Regal to Smackdown
I like Regal, but honestly, when was the last time he was seen on TV? It doesn't really matter if we don't see him on RAW or don't see him on SD.

Yoshi Tatsu to Smackdown
I'm ok with that. If he can get anywhere, it will be on SD.

Drew McIntyre to Raw
Mixed feelings. I want to see him get a push. With SD lacking top heels it could have been a chance for him to step up. On the other hand I like him in the RAW setting, but I also see him spending more time there in midcard purgatory.

Natalya to Smackdown
Don't care what show she is on. She is one of the most valuable divas, no doubt, but I don't keep track of what show what diva is on.

Curt Hawkins to Raw
He's still around? He was on SD? I had no idea. Doesn't really matter on which show he is jobbing.

Chris Masters to Raw
Can't say that I care much for the guy either way. You hear positive things about his backstage attitude and so on, but it stops there. Jobber on RAW jobber on SD, doesn't matter.

Kofi Kingston to Raw
Good move. I can see numerous good feuds for him on the RAW roster. The only time he got some momentum was on RAW against Randy Orton. He benefits from that live environment.

Ted DiBiase to Smackdown
Good. With the current lack of heel power maybe he will get a much needed chance to step up.

Tyson Kidd to Smackdown
Again one of those names where I think they must be relieved to hear of their drafting, because it probably means they are not getting fired anytime soon. Guys who have more wrestling than showmanship in their blood are better suited for SD anyway.

Tamina to Smackdown
See Kelly Kelly.

Tyler Reks to Raw
I like it. Maybe now the creepy bum will get a chance to talk and develop his character a little.

Alex Riley to Smackdown
Aww, away from the Miz? I guess it is time to split those two up and let Riley stand on his own feet.

Beth Phoenix to Raw
Since it looks like Kharma is going to be on Raw, this is a good thing.

Sheamus to Smackdown
Excellent. And much needed, given the prior heel situation on SD.

I think it was a bad decision to do this before the PPV. Because now, looking at the matches for the PPV, I can pretty much say that Del Rio is going to lose because now he is on Raw they won't take both main event titles to Raw and Kofi will beat Barrett for the gold real soon, to even the belts out. It kind of feels like they could have held the draft the monday after Extreme Rules, because even with Edge gone, they could have lasted the way it was until ER. But on the whole, I think that like every year, Raw gets better, and SD gets shafted. Oh but wait, SD got Alex Riley..... yeah, he'll dissappear. We'll be seeing him in the burger king drive thru window real soon.

Not sure why people think superstars moving brands means they wont be fire din the rumoured roster cuts! It means absolutely nothing. Maybe they are moving them just to see what they can do before the ineviatable!!!

We have seen superstars drafted in the past then fired 2 months later. I expect the same this time.

I already posted my thoughts on the teleised draft, now here comes my analysis on the online draft that came afterwards:

Daniel Bryan to Smackdown
Great choice. Smackdown is more in-ring oriented than Raw and now Daniel Bryan gets a chance to show off his in-ring abilities that he didn't really get to on Raw. I see an IC title reign at some point for him.

Jack Swagger to Raw
Makes sense. He might as well be on Raw now after hanging out with Michael Cole so much. I hope it leads to him turning on Cole and becoming a face, he could actually do something other than be Cole's lackey.

Khali to Smackdown
Don't care. He sucked on Raw, now he will suck on Smackdown.

Jimmy Uso to Smackdown
This changes nothing, he's probably getting future endeavoured. I guarantee it.

Kelly Kelly to Raw
I guess this makes sense, she is fairly popular so having her on Raw would be better than on Smackdown. She'll probably get yet another push to the Divas Championship only to lose the match again like she always does. Kharma should squash her in a one-sided feud, that would be entertaining.

JTG to Raw
What? He's still with WWE!? Put him on the future endeavoured candidates list, I doubt he will even make it onscreen once on Raw.

Alicia Fox to Smackdown
Yeah.... Don't care.

William Regal to Smackdown
Not entirely sure what the future will hold for Regal on Smackdown, but I'm sure they will find something. He could always be GM again, Long has been GM for far too (for lack of a better word) long.

Yoshi Tatsu to Smackdown
This could be cool. Maybe he and Sin Cara will have some great high flying matches. Or maybe he will be a jobber. I'm going with the latter.

Drew McIntyre to Raw
This is exactly what Drew needed. He should hopefully make an impact quickly on Raw and get the push he deserved a while back. He'll have to prove that he really is "the chosen one".

Natalya to Smackdown
Doubt this changes anything. I don't care what show she's on as long as it leads to another Divas Championship reign for Natalya, one of the few divas who can actually wrestle.

Curt Hawkins to Raw
I'd like to see him get a new character. It worked for Ryder for a while. Some type of interaction between the two former tag team champs would be cool. Although he's in pretty big danger of getting future endeavoured.

Chris Masters to Raw
I swear.... If I have to sit through his annoying disgusting pec muscles dancing ONE MORE TIME, then I will boycott his matches forever. I hope he jobs or gets future endeavoured. Both are very likely.

Jey Uso to Smackdown
This changes nothing. I doubt he will be around very long.

Kofi Kingston to Raw
Might be a good move for Kofi, Raw is full of heels at the moment and he could be a good candidate for a face push higher up the card.

Ted Dibiase to Smackdown
Another good move. He will inevitably end up interacting with Cody somehow, and hopefully Ted finally gets a better push. He's not used the way he should be and can make a good face or heel.

Tyson Kid to Smackdown
This could be good or bad. I don't think the Hart Dynasty should have split up, but Tyson might do ok on his own. Or get future endeavoured.

Tamina to Smackdown
DON'T CARE!!!! How is she even still employed by WWE!?

Tyler Reks to Raw
Future WWE Champion who will dethrone the Miz and then unify the world titles and end Undertaker's streak.... What? Don't tell me you actually bought that. No, he's HORRIBLE! He will get future endeavoured before ever making his onscreen debut on Raw. Terrible. I don't get how he lasted this long.

Alex Riley to Smackdown
What? I guess The Miz doesn't want a sidekick anymore. Riley might get a decent push over on the blue brand, but I don't see what he could really accomplish there at the moment.

Beth Phoenix to Raw
This could be good. Maybe she will get a Divas Championship reign, or a feud against Kharma! That'd be fun.

Sheamus to Smackdown
So now Smackdown has two midcard titles. Either Barrett and Sheamus will have a unification feud, or someone from Raw will win the title from Barrett at Extreme Rules. Likely Kofi. Sheamus has a large number of opportunities waiting for him on the blue brand. I can easily see him as the top guy there some day.

All in all, a good supplemental draft. The rosters have changed quite a bit and we might see a midcard title switch now that the United States Championship is back on Smackdown. Or a unification. For the most part the moves are good other than a few who will likely either job or get future endeavoured. I am glad that the rosters got changed around so much in the midcard because it will make things a little more interesting again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back