• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Bragging Rights 2010 - Goldust vs. Ted DiBiase

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator

With his NXT Rookie Diva (and fiancée) Aksana by his side, Goldust will battle a livid Ted DiBiase at WWE Bragging Rights, where personal pride – and perhaps DiBiase’s Million Dollar Championship – will be at stake.

For several weeks, an anonymous stalker tormented the conceited couple of DiBiase & Maryse, sending them a series of cryptic, suggestive messages. It seemed as though either The “Fortunate Son” or his French Canadian gal pal had a secret admirer determined to devalue WWE’s “priceless” couple.

The stalker eventually revealed himself as none other than Goldust, who coveted neither Maryse nor her trust-funded beau. Rather, The Bizarre One had been lusting after DiBiase’s Million Dollar Title, passed down to him by his WWE Hall of Fame father, The Million Dollar Man. If DiBiase has any chance of reuniting with his iconic family heirloom, he’ll need to overcome the veteran Goldust and his infamous mind games. (PHOTOS | WATCH)

Since becoming Aksana’s WWE Pro on the third season of WWE NXT, Goldust appears revitalized both in and out of the ring. Whether he’s dominating the competition or leading Aksana to victory over her fellow Rookie Divas, the gilded Superstar is bolder and more determined than he’s been in years. After stealing DiBiase’s Million Dollar Title, Goldust asked Aksana for her hand in marriage to save the Lithuanian beauty from certain deportation. With wedding bells in his future and DiBiase’s diamond-encrusted championship in his possession, it looks like everything’s coming up Goldust.

However, Goldust’s success has only bolstered DiBiase’s desire to take him to Dream Street. And after The Bizarre One cost DiBiase a slot on Team Raw, the two-time World Tag Team Champion will do everything it takes to dull Goldust’s shine at WWE Bragging Rights.

Can Goldust humble his egotistical foe while his bride-to-be Aksana cheers him on from ringside? Or will DiBiase & Maryse cement themselves as WWE’s one and only “golden couple?” Watch these two multi-generation Superstars collide tonight at WWE Bragging Rights, only on pay-per-view.​

First off: Goldust on PPV. Goldust. On PPV. GOLDUST ON PPV!!!!!!

Mark outs aside, this should be a pretty fun match. Goldust knows how to make young guys look good, and if anyone can make a DiBiase match interesting, he can. Goldust is a pretty underrated talent, especially nowadays. He's still going strong in the ring, he's great on the mic, and no one can deny his charisma.

Sadly, I'm predicting a DiBiase win here. DiBiase is a young and rising talent, whereas Goldust exists nowadays to put said talent over. There is a part of me, however, that hopes and hopes for a Goldust win and push. Goldust is more exciting and more charismatic than DiBiase, and he always will be. He's in the best shape of his life and back on ECW he was the guy to light the crowd up. Oh well.

I don't expect too much from this match. This could be decent, and unfortunately, DiBiase will probably win this. DiBiase is boring as boring can be, but he's one the young guys who's on the rise in WWE, so I have to pick him to win this. Goldust has actually made this storyline entertaining, because he has a lot more personality than Ted. Ted will probably get the Million Dollar Championship back here, and he's probably going to move on to bigger and better things after this. Goldust will do a bunch of weird stuff, and we're sure to see a cat fight between Maryse and Aksana. Again, this could be decent, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

This will most likely be the first match on the card. DiBiase will cheat to win in this one. Goldust is and always has been a great talent in the "E" and him jobbing for DiBiase would be no surprise to me. DiBiase is not even a shadow of what his old man was. DiBiase needs to be used much better than WWE is currently using him. Have Ted flaunt his money around more like his pops did.

In conclusion, Ted with a pinfall victory in about 8 mins.

I'm so damn excited to see Goldust at a PPV again. I don't expect this match to go on very long, but I think it'll be enjoyable, especially to the older fans. I guess the logical thing would be for Teddy to come out on top, but I'm not really concerned with the outcome as much as I am with the future for both of these guys after this fued.

Nice to see the midcard being featured on PPV. But I'm honestly not expecting anything special out if this. Ted is so bland and boring but I'm hoping Goldust can make him look good. Goldust can make just about any match watchable due to his charisma and good in-ring ability. I would LOVE to see Goldust go over here but I'm predicting a win by Ted simply because he has more to gain and he would just fall into obscurity if he loses unless they plan to draw the feud out longer. I hope I'm wrong though.

Hahaha YES. Like everyone else, I'm rooting for Goldust, because he's one of the most creative characters ever and Junior is a snore. Aaaaand I'd say maybe there is a chance Goldie'll win? Because even though it's not the most important thing going on on Raw right now, there's probably some more that they could do with this feud. Why not keep it going another month, right? It's not like either guy has anything better to do.

(totally off-topic, I hope I don't get scolded for typing this, but in another thread, someone hoped that Goldust would move to Smackdown, steal the urn, become super powered and feud with Undertaker and Kane. How cool would that be? So maybe he can lose this and then move to Smackdown and steal something else)

It was good to see Ted win this one. He kinda needs a little momentum to go with him. He has been a little dry as of late, and has been doing more or less nothing. This revived him a little bit, and the fact that Goldust still holds the Million Dollar Championship only allows the feud to carry on into Survivor Series, or Tables, Ladders, Chairs.

Either way, it was a decent match. It did what it was supposed to do, which was give Ted the win, and some momentum.

Why did they wait until the last minute to announce this? I know that it basically was just a filler match, but the feud had been going on long enough that they should have told everyone in advance about the match. I don't like it when they just have matched randomly added right before the show begins like that. Anyways, that aside.... I think it was a decent match and I'm glad both guys made it onto the card. Ted got the win and he needed it far more than Goldust because Ted's career is still just taking off. I have a feeling that the feud will continue, but that Ted will still win if there is a rematch. Good match, but they really should have announced it sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back