• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who deserves one last title reign (As ANY champion)

I have to agree with Ultimate Hitman on Christian...He has been pretty much thrown aside from holding a major title.I think its time for a change and Christian could bring the change.

I hope.:worship:

For one more run; I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say "Diesel". After hearing his pop at the Rumble; seeing him capture the IC title one last time to then drop it and put over a midcarder doing so would be useful.

Also; if Jericho comes back...then I hope he gets one more world title run to show us that he is "the best in the world at what he does"

This thread almost died a beath to me with all the same ones, but Christian was a good shout 2bh but im going totally with..

FINLAY!!!
say what u want but the guy is a grafter, in the ring and backstage working with the women!and for a guy at his age etc I believed in his "i love to fight", tough guy gimmick! an Intercontinental Championship rain would go down well, lengthy rain and losing to a legit up and comer!someone he can take on, train and then with a teacher vs pupil showdown at an event like mania, involving a heel turn for the pupil!could create heat!!

William Regal, for his longevity in the wrestling business and the work he's done for years putting talent over. As I understand it, Regal is a real nice guy to work with and a mentor to many superstars. I think this in addition to his awesome grappling skills makes him worthy of one last United States or even - on SmackDown! - a short World Heavyweight Title reign this year at some point before he hangs it up. This as I understand is going to be sooner than later. Regal for me. Plus I just really like the guy. He's entertaining as hell.

I like the Regal/US Title idea, because a Bryan/Regal fued would be great, and there is always some fun story avanues when a European hols the US title.

As for Goldust, he had pleanty of high profile matches against HBK (WWF title on RAW), Undertaker (beat him in a casket match for the IC title), and Stone Cold (WWF Title On Raw). Even though he never won the WWF title, he was in that picture 96-98.

I saw Jerry Lawlers name mentioned, I would love to see him, with some sort of protégé winning the tag team titles, that could also lead into a Lawler and protégé vs Shemus feud over the "King" name.

A little outside the box, I would like to see Booker T get one last run before he settles in as a color guy on Smacksown. He is in better shape then a lot of guys getting pushes now, and is better that a lot of the guys 15 years younger. If he wins the WWE title he will have won all the major titles (WCW World, US, TV and Tag, WWE World IC, and Tag) That would be unpresidented.

I would like to see a heel HHH. I feel that he still has issues with Orton and Cena, could turn Dibiase face, and make a name for Morrison finally (I realize this was said earlier, but he has unfinished business with others).

Also, if Edge is planning on retiring, it's time for Christian to step up. If he doesn't soon, he should be the one retiring; not Edge. I think that WWE has a thing against him still for being a former TNA champ.

Finally, give Big Show a title soon. It's embarrassing that he dominates everyone yet can't win the belt.

gun to my head, if I HAVE to pick one of the current end of the road guys. I'd say Golddust. At least a IC or US title, or even a tag title with his brother would be nice.

I would love to see that but not Golddust, Dustin Rhoads & Cody Rhoads that would be a good tagteam, and let Dustin go out as he started as tha natural.

i agree 100 percent with most of you. Goldust and regal, are two of the most underutilized wrestlers in this buisness. They both deserve the world title more than anyone on the roster.

Chavo should get some reward for being the WWE's go to man for the stupidest stuff possible.(Swaggers soaring Eagle!) He is own a least a US title if not 2

Rey Mysterio doesn't have much time left and he only gets titles every once in a while so he should have a least one more world title. Maybe he could win it then drop it to Del Rio or something.

Honestly a short Big Show title reign would be cool one last time before he hangs up his giant boots

This is an extremely difficult question to answer. My top picks to have one last title reign would be Goldust, William Regal, Rey Mysterio, and Christian. My very top pick is William Regal. I have always thought that Regal should have become a world champion, even if it were just the ECW champion. Now that the ECW title has gone I would say that he should either hold the WHC or the Intercontinental championship. It would not hurt him to just be IC champion again becuase the IC title is a great title.

I noticed a couple Regals and Goldust. I would agree. Maybe not whc but atleast IC or US. I think Big Show deserves at least one more run at the top. When he is booked as a legit threat it is good tv. His fued with lesnar/angle was pretty good. That is one of the problems with WWE they are not utilizing great talents why they are still around. WWE could using a guy like goldust as legit threat instead of a joke. He could help build younger stars b/c he is defiently over and respected. They did that a little with Dibiase last year. Regal and Bryan in a program for the us belt would be great. Big Show is a monster use him like won, yes use him to help new guys get over but still make him look dominating and a go to guy in the main event schuffle.

I know im jumping on the bandwagon but its got to be goldust and regal

regal definitly for u.s title , unless he can find a suitable partner for tag titles

and goldust. not as goldust though as dustin to partner with cody as the rhodes brother hey maybe even dusty as a manager or just one last I.C reign for Goldust.

If we talk about TNA, I think Ric Flair needs another Title shot. For anything. He could hold a Knockouts Title for all I care. TNA needs credibility.

Just having Ric Flair on your show gives TNA more credibility as long-time Flair fans will tune in to see their hero. My friends Dad watched TNA last week after being told Naitch was on the show.

However, as an in-ring competitor, the man should have retired 10 years ago, and each time he gets in the ring and beats a mid-20s young talent, he is burying that wrestler. Flair looks awful, can barely move any more and has no business of getting to the ring any more. Giving Flair a title in TNA would be absolutely stupid, just like giving Hogan the belt would. These guys were ancient at the end of WCW and giving them a title run 10 years later would be ridiculous.

A title shot I could juuuuuuust accept, as a one off- like WWE did with King. But a title run? No way. Flair is an absolute icon, but should be kept far away from the world title scene, as he was in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back