Wrestlers who legitimately scared you as a kid.

Nailz freaked the living hell out of me. I remember being legit freightened for the Big Boss Man. Also Undertaker exploding on the tron at Royal Rumble 94 really got me.

Mankind scared me as a kid it was 96 at a house show in Pittsburgh after paul bearer turned on taker. I yell youre a traitor during this promo and paul bearer turns in my direction and tells me he's not a traitor and I'll think differently after mankind is done with me. At 8 yrs old it scared the crap out of me but also made me a bigger fan.

Wrestlers are not really the types of guys you'd be scared of, mostly due to the cheesiness with which they deliver their gimmicks - because they're trained in wrestling, not acting.

However, there was one guy that actually freaked me out quite a bit as a kid - Viscera.

It wasn't really anything he did, or his gimmick, but just the way he actually looked. He was one scary looking dude!

one who kind of freaked me out as a kid was Bruiser Brody. especially when he'd really start swing that chain of his

I see a lot of mention of Taker being the one that you feared as a kid, but for me it was actually Paul Bearer that scared the shit out of me. That shrill voice and saggy pale face and dark eyes. Carrying an urn with a really creepy wobbly walk. His mannerisms....just sent chills up my spine and freaked me out big time.

There wasn't anything wrong with your post. The question was "Which wrestlers scared you as a child?" and your answer of "none" is fine. You gave reasons for not being scared of the usual suggestions of 'Taker, Shango, Kane. Perfectly fine.

My answer would be Undertaker- the eyes rolling into the back of his head did it for me- terrifying at the time, especially added to the scary entrance music and Paul Bearer's voice during the promos. The whole character was so well done, there's no doubt in my mind it's the greatest gimmick in WWE history, and the combination of 'Taker and Bearer was perfect.

Thanks for at least understanding what I was getting at to begin with by posting in this thread, Triple Naitch....

Battlecat, by the way, I did contribute to this thread by saying how characters such as Jake Roberts, Taker, etc enthralled me without fearing them..Just read my 1st post in this thread.

I have always been frightened of what corrupt criminal justice system not only employed Big Bossman, but transferred him from corrections to tactical ops.

I'm older than most on here I assume, and I was not a young child when characters like the Undertaker and Papa Shango came along. There really were no "scary" wrestlers, just a lot of intimidating ones. The closest one I would say would be Kamala, in his mid 80's WWF run.

But the wrestling moment that really SCARED me the most was Mae Young exposing herself (prosthetic or not) at Royal Rumble '00.

I'll mention the original Kane as well, he just seemed damn near invincible back then, taking chair shots straight to the head and just standing there.

But there were 2 guys who really freaked me out even when I was older. "Intimidating" would probably be a better word to use than scary.

1. Nathan Jones- He was so tall and huge and kinda towered even over Taker. And he always had that silly deranged look on his face.

2. Great Khali- The real monster Khali. A big freak that never spoke and came in towering over Taker and even dominated Taker for a while. Just imagine being stuck in a small room with him.

There were wrestlers that I feared as a kid: Blackjack Mulligan, George "The Animal" Steele, and Stan Hansen. However, nobody terrified me more than Kevin Sullivan. You thought he was Satan himself. His face paint, his mannerisms, the way he controlled the Purple Haze, and far more terrifying were the fireballs he threw at people. Yeah, it might have been an act. But, he was the epitome of the Prince of Darkness himself. If you were not scared, stick around. You will be crying for Jesus to save you when Sullivan stepped into the ring.

Undertaker no doubt... especially the long-haired version when he'd do the casket matches... seeing him live as a kid gave me nightmares...

Papa Shango on TV was freaky, especially when he feuded with Ultimate Warrior and "cast a spell" on him when black blood started oozing down his face...

I've not watched the older eras. I've watched more parts after the Attitude Era when I was not a kid. Though, The Boogeyman was a pretty bit terrifying and absolutely no one scared me because, I never watched it as a kid. The Boogeyman entered in a red arena with red smoke flowing everywhere. He came carrying his stick and eating storms. The Undertaker never scared me maybe because he worked as a babyface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back