Wrestler you like, but rest of the IWC doesn't?

John Cena. My 2nd favorite wrestler of all time.

I like The Rock. He was getting a lot of hate on the internet but now that he's against Cena, people want to see him beat Cena. Weird, huh?

I wish someone would make (if it hasn't been done) an IWC chart (like the one they have for Peyton Manning MVP) explaining the hatred for John Cena and Hulk Hogan.

I very much enjoy the way the IWC manages to paint itself as excluding "me and everyone who agrees with me".

If you like John Cena, Sheamus, Rey Mysterio or Dolph Ziggler then you are not some paragon of original thought in the community.

I got two that I really like and they shit on constantly... Brock Lesnar and even though he's "kinda" retired, Batista.

The Miz- Not huge fan but i like the guy. His in-ring work could be better but he is good on the mic...

Also I think Big Show is underated by IWC and that they dont give him too much credit for his work..

FAAAN...DAAAAN...GOOO!!!
Michael Cole (when everybody hated him before Lawler's heart attack)
ADR (before he turned face)

Don't know how the IWC feel about R-Truth and Santino now, but them if they are hated.

Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior
Bill Goldberg..I was a mark for him in my teen years.
Abyss
Big Show.. he's great for a big man.. IWC likes flippy shit.. Bigshow is a tank and is entertaining everytime.
Matt Morgan
ADR - He's a traditional type of wrestler, he's delivery is entertaining to me... The cars, Ricardo, his finisher, even some of his promo's.. he's a well rounded worker...but I can see why people don't like him.
Kevin Nash, Robbie E bro.... (Even though I hate Zack Ryder) ..

It seems to me that, unless you visit the boards, etc. that cater specifically to indy feds, that the bulk of the IWC has now turned their nose to the indy style as a way to feel superior, while accusing the people who do enjoy it of being the elitists. Its kind of a sickening little circle that happens now.

You do realize the indy style IS terrible, right? It has nothing to do with feeling superior, the indy style is just fucking terrible.

You do realize the indy style IS terrible, right? It has nothing to do with feeling superior, the indy style is just fucking terrible.

I think there is a case of some indy workers work a style that is good, then there is the no sell indy style which isn't the good stuff. Absolutes aren't good

Big Show. Easily the most entertaining big man wrestler when he can keep his weight issue under control. If he was the size of CM Punk the IWC would have creamed all over for him.

Another one for me was Kenny Dykstra. No one else around here seems to like him but I was a fan. He was the only one I liked out of the Spirit Squad (granted Ziggler was in that, but not as Dolph Ziggler) and was extremely disappointed when his push after they all split turned into him jobbing to Chuch Palumbo of all people instead, and when his tag team with Nitro did not work out either.

And I'm sure I'd never convince you otherwise.

But to me that closed-mindedness.

Its the exact equivilent of saying there is no good independent label music that doesn't follow accepted industry pop formulas, or that there are no good films produced outside of the Hollywood machine.

Art doesn't have one correct method.

You won't covince me that ROH hasn't been producing consistent quality since Cornette lost the book, or that PWG hasn't been on a roll of great wrestling shows, or that the independent scene isn't the only thing keeping tag team wrestling alive.

You won't convince me that young guys like Adam Cole or Michael Elgin aren't future stars, or that they haven't been having great matches the last couple years.

I don't see the appeal of fitting so neatly into such a confined box.

And I'm sure I'd never convince you otherwise.

But to me that closed-mindedness.

Its the exact equivilent of saying there is no good independent label music that doesn't follow accepted industry pop formulas, or that there are no good films produced outside of the Hollywood machine.

Art doesn't have one correct method.

You won't covince me that ROH hasn't been producing consistent quality since Cornette lost the book, or that PWG hasn't been on a roll of great wrestling shows, or that the independent scene isn't the only thing keeping tag team wrestling alive.

You won't convince me that young guys like Adam Cole or Michael Elgin aren't future stars, or that they haven't been having great matches the last couple years.

I don't see the appeal of fitting so neatly into such a confined box.

You're looking at it in the wrong way. You're seeing all pro wrestling promotions as equal. That's wrong. The better model is Major League Baseball.

In Major League Baseball, you have the big leagues and the minor leagues. Promotions like ROH are the minor leagues. How often do you find great MLB level players in the minor leagues? The answer is "very rarely". So it goes in the indys. The wrestlers simply are not good, if they were, they would be scooped up by WWE or ROH. As it is, the WWE already takes those with potential, do you think if there was an elite wrestler in the indys, they wouldn't already have him?

Once you realize the quality of wrestler is lower in the indys, you'll understand why the quality of work is lower in the indys. Because the quality is lower, and the wrestlers aren't as good, they have to find alternate ways to entertain the audience, which is why you see the so-called "indy style" (which is terrible term, considering how many different styles are worked).

ROH and the WWE are not equal. The WWE is the New York Yankees. TNA is the Cleveland Indians. ROH is AAA. Everything else doesn't deserve my time being rated.

You're looking at it in the wrong way. You're seeing all pro wrestling promotions as equal. That's wrong. The better model is Major League Baseball.

In Major League Baseball, you have the big leagues and the minor leagues. Promotions like ROH are the minor leagues. How often do you find great MLB level players in the minor leagues? The answer is "very rarely". So it goes in the indys. The wrestlers simply are not good, if they were, they would be scooped up by WWE or ROH. As it is, the WWE already takes those with potential, do you think if there was an elite wrestler in the indys, they wouldn't already have him?

Once you realize the quality of wrestler is lower in the indys, you'll understand why the quality of work is lower in the indys. Because the quality is lower, and the wrestlers aren't as good, they have to find alternate ways to entertain the audience, which is why you see the so-called "indy style" (which is terrible term, considering how many different styles are worked).

ROH and the WWE are not equal. The WWE is the New York Yankees. TNA is the Cleveland Indians. ROH is AAA. Everything else doesn't deserve my time being rated.

My thoughts exactly. But I cant express it this well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back