• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Name a wrestler more universally liked/respected than Randy Savage

By fans? Steve Austin. I think a few people around here bitch about him, but fans go absolutely insane for him. The only guy who could go part-time and not get booed. They all do, eventually.

Internet smarks, back when it first became popular, got tired of him, but they search for things to complain about. The guy is almost universally loved, and that shows every time he shows up.

By fans? Steve Austin. I think a few people around here bitch about him, but fans go absolutely insane for him. The only guy who could go part-time and not get booed. They all do, eventually.

Internet smarks, back when it first became popular, got tired of him, but they search for things to complain about. The guy is almost universally loved, and that shows every time he shows up.

I think the thing with the IWC when it comes to Austin though, is every time there's a rumor of a wrestler doing something immoral, no matter how big or small, and you see someone trash that specific wrestler, the next post is almost ALWAYS someone mentioning Austin is a woman beater and how he bets the person above him still supports Austin.

So when I mention the Austin detractors, it really has nothing to do with his work, but people being upset over his domestic abuse allegations and holding it against him even after all these years.

In my opinion Randy Savage is the greatest man to ever set foot in a wrestling ring by a long long way...just a small fact that comes to mind to highlight just how great he was and what an amazing body of work the man left behind.... Every opponent that he entered into an extended fued with is a Hall of Famer (or in the case of Diamond Dallas Page and possibly Crush, a future HOFer) From his Memphis days in the late 70's to his WCW days in the late 90's You have Jerry Lawler, Bruno Samartino, Tito Santana, George The Animal Steele, Ricky Steamboat, The Million dollar Man, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, Jake the Snake, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair & Mr Perfect and DDP.... And also mini guess with the likes of Andre the Giant, Shawn Michaels (on a European tour) And a few NWO guys like Scott Hall, The Giant (Big Show) and that's just the major fueds I can think of off the top of my head....and 99% of these funds his opponent was in their career prime. TRULY AMAZING

For me, Mitsuharu Misawa and Undertaker come to mind when taking about respected wrestlers.

I would say the Undertaker, but there are those out there with the fucking nerve and low brain cell count to bitch about his entrance

The greatest entrance in pro wrestling history? Oh yeah it's terrible.

Andre is a very good competitor in this. At least for The Princess Bride alone.

Foley would be if more people knew who he was.

And yes, Undertaker is clearly in the running as well. He's not as mainstream as Savage though.

Shane McMahon?

If he ever comes back to take the throne, people will riot out of joy. Well, people who know who he is anyway. I suspect there are many fans now who have no idea Vince has a son, let alone one that used to take some nice bumps.

Ahhhh memories.

Shane McMahon is an interesting name to bring up. The IWC adores him. That match with Kurt Angle at KOTR, all the big bumps over the years, and the fact that he's so different from his father and actually successfully ventured away from WWE makes him the perfect IWC darling.

I don't think casuals have anything negative to say about him either, but I don't think he's anywhere near beloved by them like he is by the IWC. I really like that choice, though.

Apart from the Cena issues and some kinda issue HBK had with him back in the day i don't think that anyone really has an issue with The Rock. The guy put over numerous talents and never had an issue laying down for anybody. He just seems like an all round good guy from his tv shows he does helping people to coming back for the fans (even though they didn't appreciate it

Nah, not mainstream enough. Only die-hard fans care about him.

No... Just no. Fans who got to watch Ricky perform in his prime were consistently impressed and had very good things to say about him. Even to this day, there are people who know of Ricky Steamboat and love him for it. He wasn't Hogan status, but then again not many people were....

As for the topic at hand, given their time periods and stuff, I would say that Jackie Fargo and Robert Gibson have had a lot of people saying great things about them and it was hard pressed to find someone who hated them.

Nah, this shit is all over the place.

Sting's got detractors for being too old, his peers got nothing but praise as far as I've heard and who knows what he'd of accomplished if he were Vince's #1 (Hulk, Austin, Cena...yeah, Vince did that.)

Don't accept Sting then I'll mention a guy everyone cared about in the lockerroom etc, might not of been as famous, but who has anything bad to say about Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig? Guy carried Wade Boggs on his back to save his life.

I win.

Andre is really the only one I can think of.

Going by these forums there are plenty who downplay The Undertaker and Foley career, any mistake a celebrity makes is a permanent scar for life so Austin is out and wrestlers big before Andres time are just not well known enough which is unfortunate because someone like Harley Race or Lou Thesz should be universally praised.

Andre is really the only one that can compete with Savage on that scale.

Daniel Bryan. Not a bad word is said about the guy. Sure he might get some shit for his looks, but he is still respected.

Umm, is there a reason Harley Race hasn't been mentioned in this thread? Are there some skeletons in his closet that I don't know about?

Umm, is there a reason Harley Race hasn't been mentioned in this thread? Are there some skeletons in his closet that I don't know about?

I am sure if someone found any skeletons in his closet, they are likely now skeletons themselves for being nosy.

I doubt there's anybody in wrasslin' history who was universally liked. Everybody has people that like them and people that don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back