Wrestler you like, but rest of the IWC doesn't?

pshanbhag92

Dark Match Winner
Name a wrestler that you like or liked in the past, but the rest of the IWC doesn't.

For me, Sheamus. Most people in the IWC cant stand the guy and hate his smiling, baby loving character. But not me. I am a huge huge fan of Sheamus. I think he is pretty awesome. I loved him as a heel and his face run is pretty great. He is extremely over with the fans and WWE management seem to like him. Most people find him pathetic on the mic, but I think he is really great. His accent and his look make him really unique. As for in the ring, he can hang with the best of them. He is a lot like Kane in that matter. He can not necessarily carry a match all by himself, but he can keep up with anyone in a match.

PS - The Great White is the single most ridiculous nick name for Sheamus I can think of.

I get a lot of hate for it, but I might be the biggest Ziggler-fan in here, which means I'm a ******. He's more 30-70 hate, though.

Also, most of the NXT faces. Yoshi Tatsu, Percy Watson and Xavier Woods (although I like most of the heels too, so I'm okay). Bo Dallas can eat a dick, though.

I'm not sure how the Jeff Hardy hate ratio is right now, but if he doesn't count then Eric Young. There's just something about the loveable buffoon (in small doses)

Heath Slater. Been a fan since day one when he first debuted back on NXT season 1, way before 3MB formed, despite him not being popular around these parts.

Name a wrestler that you like or liked in the past, but the rest of the IWC doesn't.

For me, Sheamus. Most people in the IWC cant stand the guy and hate his smiling, baby loving character. But not me. I am a huge huge fan of Sheamus. I think he is pretty awesome. I loved him as a heel and his face run is pretty great. He is extremely over with the fans and WWE management seem to like him. Most people find him pathetic on the mic, but I think he is really great. His accent and his look make him really unique. As for in the ring, he can hang with the best of them. He is a lot like Kane in that matter. He can not necessarily carry a match all by himself, but he can keep up with anyone in a match.

PS - The Great White is the single most ridiculous nick name for Sheamus I can think of.

Sheamus is the boy.

Probably Amazing Red. Dude was ridiculously entertaining.

It's hard when you frequent this board to get a handle on who the IWC actually hates or loves. Most of the main posters on this board have a style that they hate, and because they don't want to be confused with other people who follow wrestling on the internet, they accuse everyone else who doesn't post here of liking those people/that style so that they appear to be different.

It seems to me that, unless you visit the boards, etc. that cater specifically to indy feds, that the bulk of the IWC has now turned their nose to the indy style as a way to feel superior, while accusing the people who do enjoy it of being the elitists. Its kind of a sickening little circle that happens now.

It seems to me that, unless you visit the boards, etc. that cater specifically to indy feds, that the bulk of the IWC has now turned their nose to the indy style as a way to feel superior, while accusing the people who do enjoy it of being the elitists. Its kind of a sickening little circle that happens now.

Hypocrisy can be fun. So all those ROHbots don't like having their own philosophy turned back against them?

Don't get me wrong, I like ROH. Or at least I did until their real talent left - Styles, Punk, Joe, Aries, Danielson and McGuinness - and it was replaced with Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards - perfectly serviceable wrestlers but at the time they were pushed to the top of the card they were complete charisma vacuums who could punch, kick and do moves but seemingly had not the first notion of how to put on an actual wrestling match. And yet the ROHbots proclaimed them the best in the world like they were still watching Danielson/McGuinness and looked down on anyone who thought otherwise.

Then the tables were turned and they cannot take it. Their once great indy stars became bona fide stars and are now far better wrestlers for having been through the WWE system - look at Seth Rollins. As Tyler Black, he was another who could do moves and not much else. Now, he is part of one of the hottest teams in wrestling today and improving every time he picks up a mic.

If mainstream wrestling fans are up on their high horse, it is because for so long indy fans, and ROH fans in particular, were doing exactly the same thing with their own even smaller and more elitist "sickening little circle".

I've been a fan of Sheamus since I found his "Myspace" page a few years before he showed up on WWE TV. I thought he had a really unique look, but also reminded me of Triple H or Ultimate Warrior. He has grown and developed faster than anyone who debuted the same time as him and could take over the Cena "hero" role if Cena left. Sheamus isn't my favorite guy on the roster, but as a kid I preferred guys of his build who did power moves so I see his appeal.

John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Ryback, Big Show, Sheamus... the IWC is just so fucking stupid about whom they choose to pile their hatred on that it's not hard to find a wrestler you like that they hate.

I get a lot of hate for it, but I might be the biggest Ziggler-fan in here, which means I'm a ******. He's more 30-70 hate, though.

I wouldn't say that, I think far more people like Ziggler than hate him, it's just that the Ziggler haters are more vocal about it and make better arguments.

I could drop a dozen examples of guys I like who the IWC as a collective entity has not heard of, but I think that probably the best example I have is Greg Gagne. Viewed with almost universal contempt by those who like to consider themselves old school because they've watched a couple of shoot interviews - the guy possibly takes the crown as the most legitimately underrated guy in the entire history of the business.

Not because he was an incredible talent, but because he was an incredibly solid worker who's entire legacy is nothing but a fog of inaccurate and unsubstantiated negativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back