Wrestlemania Reviews

Super Geng Boy

First off all, I think it's only fair that I say thank you for putting all this time and effort into all of these amazing posts man, that's dedication and has given pleasure to many people.

Being my first post, I want to start with something fresher, and I will give my own review of Wrestlemania 26 in a similar rating system of that klunderbunker uses.

Unified Tag Team Titles- John Morrison and R-Truth vs Sho-Miz

4 minuets long, but it was certainly far from bad. Miz and Morrison radiate chemistry with each other, and that is something that is always clearly visible when they are near each other. Also, we got a 15 minuet Kid Rock fest instead of this last year, so that's always something good, it shows that maybe there is hope for what many to be considered an already dead tag team division. Nothing great here but a nice little opener which put 2 veterans, two hopefuls and the tag team titles on the line. Solid start.

Super Geng Boys rating - C

Triple Threat Match- Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase

This was either a very intelligent match or a slight disappointment. You have two dudes in Cody and Ted who need to prove themselves, but then you have something waiting to burst out in Orton. I feel that Orton needed to win more. Cody Rhodes is 24 years old, Ted DiBiase is slightly older. Although Randy is young, he is a veteran who has beaten the likes of Triple H, Shawn Michaels and John Cena before. This match was set up in a way to make all three men look strong and I feel it accomplished that. I am not going to lie, I am a huge fan of Cody Rhodes and at the time I was hoping he would pull it off, but it was handled in a way that I respect. Like the first match, it was solid.

Super Geng Boys rating- C

Money in the Bank

This was funny. I am writing from memory but I do remember enjoying it at the time. This match is something that I would rate a A- but there is one thing keeping it from that and that is the amount of people in it. 10 is far too much people. However, Drew McIntrye is a huge hopeful for the future, so is Kofi Kingston, so is Dolph Ziggler(hopefully), and then you have your ladder match veterans in Christan, Matt Hardy, Shelton I suppose and hell even Kane. So although I think 10 was a bit much, at least some guys had a purpose. Although it gets criticized a lot, I marked the hell out for the shooting star of the ladder, that takes practice folks! Again, solid start to this mania, its pummeling lasts after 3 matches. Oh god.

Super Geng Boys rating- B+

Shaemus vs Triple H

I loved this. It may not be a Wrestlemania classic by any means but this could close any other PPV of the year with ease. These two do work well together. I was a hater of the pale Irishman at first, but no one can denie now this guy has talent. Triple H put him over well here but like KB said above, big stars are expected to deliver on Wresltemania night. This is why Shaemus did not need the win here. However, the other matches and all the way throguh the fued he looked awesome, so he went over pretty well. Great match I thoguht which had a big match feel.

Super Geng Boys rating- B

Side note- I love how we are only 4 matches in and yet both Triple H and Randy Orton have performed. Two of the biggest stars too.

Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk- If Rey loses he joins the SES

These two guys were given a very very short amount of time to work with and guess what? They delivered. With 6 minuets they got in a great finish and all of the basic ground work that was needed for the feud. Maybe a little bit of better booking for the winner and such but like I said with the HHH match, its Wrestlemania, so it is entirely understandable. Great wrestling, great spots and a great mania so far, as the Miz would say, Awesome!

Super Geng Boys rating- B- ( could easily be a A if given more time through)

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon

Who expected a classic here? I'm not grading this as it would not be fair. This was 12-13 years in the making. The idea was a beat down to Vince and to put one of wrestling most famous incidents to bed once and for all. For that reason I will not grade it. I will only say congratulations to Bret Hart and Vince McMahon for being safe and not taking any un necessary risks in the match. Health comes first.

World Heavyweight Championship- Edge vs Chris Jericho

This was set in stone mounts in advance, no shock here. These guys could put on a great match in their sleep, and they delivered. There is something missing through, and that is unfortunate. These two put on a very back and forth entertaining match and made the title look like gold for that amount of time. I liked the twist of Jericho retaining, it made the Cena match obvious, but that makes the Streak vs Career vs un obvious. The spot with the spear after the match looks sick and was very well done. Very very good match here. Edge and Jericho deliver, I think this match shows this.

Super Geng Boys rating- A-

I apoligize for leaving out the divas, but I cant recall it well enoguh to post.

WWE Championship match- John Cena vs Batista

This was a shocker. I thought this would close the show, I am very happy it didn't. I am a huge Cena mark and am usually a huge Batista hater. I will swallow my pride and admit through, the dude has made a heck of a heel. If this closes the show then no complaints, great match up here as both guys show why they are at the king of the mountain in the WWE. I feel however that Batista should have lasted a little longer in the Stf(u) just to add suspense, it was not necessary through. Great match and the best of the night so far. Shame that would not last any longer....

Super Geng Boys Rating- A+

Ok its here, Shawn Michaels thanked him the next night. I'm doing it here, I cannot renember your name but to whoever does these promos you fucking rawk! Now that that is out of the way we are here, in my opinion(sorry KB) the most anticipated match in Wresltemania history!

Streak Vs Career- The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker

It is amazing, they did not top last years and yet they still put on one of the most memorable matches in history. I am not going to lie yet again, Shawn Michaels was my favorite wrestler, I cried and I am not embarrassed in the slightest. This was special.These guys just mix well together.The handshake was the best way to go, great fucking match people!

Super Geng Boys rating- A+(x10)

Overall rating of Wrestlemania 26- A+, best Mania in years!

I would like to thank two people, klunderbunker again for these awesome reviews. And the most obvious one Shawn Michaels, for killing yourself for twenty five years to make sure we would go home happy.

Thank you Shawn, you will be missed.​

Wrestlemania 25

First of all, I would like to thank klunderbunker for giving me inspiration to start these series of reviews. If I can make them half as good I know I am getting somewhere. Now it is time to get into it, some people loved it, some people thought it was the worst mania of all time, now its time to see what the Super Geng Boy thinks.

Money in the Bank

Ok, I was pumped for this Mania. Money In The Bank is usually a great opener, I was disappointed to say the least. Not that the spots were not there, or that the winner was bad, but in general. It did not have that feeling that says the winner of this match is going to be the top dog in the business next year. Cm Punk was floundering between mid card and main event at the time and I think that they could have picked a better choice to win. In fact maybe the choice was not necessarily someone in this match. However as I type I am forgetting that Cm Punk used his briefcase to go on and become the great heel he is today, so that changes it slightly. Solid opener but slipping considering the standards set by original and co.

Super Geng Boys rating- B-

Kid Rock performs for 15 minuets, ok, this is fucking torture. I do not think one person in this arena is paying attention. I am all for having the super bowl like effect with Mania but relay? Miz and Morrison would go on to become to hot prospects during the summer and such and they do not get on the Mania card because of Kid Rock. Way to go Vince.

25 Diva Battle Boyal

You have got to be joking me? I love Santino I relay do but this could have done something, Miss Wrestlemania could be something to refer back to but because they had to get 2 minuets of shitty comedy and a crappy Backlash match they did this. Ok, I'm genuinely pissed.

Super Geng Boys rating- F++

WOW. I'm in shock, this Mania needs a rocket up its ass pronto Tonto.

Chris Jericho vs Jimmy Snuka, Ricky The Dragon Steamboat and Rowdey Rodney Piper

Taking into consideration the crap before hand and the Micky Rourke scenario this was actually impressive. Well once Snuka and Pipper got out the way, but they deserved there moment. Steamboats still got it, this is no lie. Its a shame he could probably at this age run cycles through the entire roster. Inspiring performance from him here as he shows that age is only a number. I myself was not a big fan of the Micky Rourke segment after it but wrestling is wrestling, you won't always like it.

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

I feel the extreme stipulation may have hurt this one quite a bit. This could have been a potentiality modern day Bret and Owen if handled properly, but I think WWE thought that with their experience in these sorts of matches they could carry it. I may sound like I did not like this match. I did, i enjoyed it, but these two have chemistry and can do soo much more together and I am sure they would have pulled something out on the 25th anniversary of Wresltemania. Not bad but far from great.

Super Geng Boys rating- C+/B-

Intercontinental Title- JBL vs Rey Mysetrio

Ok, we have two matches that look like Mania could be saved, and now we get this. People ask why these titles have no credibility anymore, look no further. JBL is a heel and I get that, but he deserved a little better than this. I loved his promo after word through, either the crowd was either relay into this Mania or this was the best thing to happen so far, hmmm I wonder what one?

I am sorry to not give this a mark, but it is rather impossible.

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker

I am not saying a thing. I am typing this a year and a bit after the event and I have not watched the match since. It was the best thing I have ever seen in my life and I highly recommend it. Shawn kicking out of the tombstone is the biggest mark out moment ever. Watch it! Call it overrated but that is the greatest thing i have ever seen in my life.

Super Geng Boys rating- A+*

John Cena vs Edge vs Big Show- World Heavyweight Championship

This was fun, John got the title which is what should have happened. But it was fun, this was perfectly placed. After what just happened we needed to something to relax, goosebumps are still going about the place. But it wasn't amazing, but it was not bad. I will give the benefit of the doubt that they had the love triangle shit going on and Big Show is not what i consider to be the best performer in the world. But this had its place, so its far from great, but hey, not bad. Cena interacts with haters, gotta love him.

Randy Orton vs Triple H- WWE Championship

This was a great rivalry. They had hatred, love, and old men getting kicked in the head. There was one thing missing, and that was the finish. If these guys pull a pixie out their ass they save Mania, if not, then Mania dies. Mania died. The crowd was just not into this at all and I was scratching my head at the lack of out side involvement. The right man won through, as it was the right way to end Mania.

Super Geng Boys rating- D+

Overall Rating of Wrestlemania 25- D

This Mania was atrociously bad, luckily Mania 26 was spot on.​

Wrestlemania 24

This may be biased, because I loved this Mania. Still through, I will give an opinion on it that is straight down the middle and will go through all the matches and happenings on the card. Lets go to our opener.

JBL vs Finaly-Belfast Brawl

Relay fun opener, got the fans on their feet and done well with its appropriate position on the card. Earlier on today I wrote on why JBL was a success, it was matches like this that is the reason. He could just flat out brawl. And Finaly is no slouch either. These guys styles harmonize and it was actually quite pleasurable to watch. One of the most enjoyable starts to a Mania ever and now I understand why it was on the card.

Money In the Bank

This was fun. It was not by any means the best of the bunch but it was fun. Morrisons mounsalut with the ladder relay shows us how great athletes these guys relay are. They could do stuff normal men can't, wow. Shelton gets in his usual spots that are simply awesome and Cm Punk gets the win. Now, unlike what would happen the next year I think Punk was a great choice for winner here, there is only one problem through. Would he have won it had it not been for Jeffs addiction to the whacky backy? I don't think so. However, fun match up that had its ups and downs but it did its purpose very very well.

Super Geng Boys Rating- B

Batista vs Umaga- Smackdown vs RAW!

This was a boring encounter to say the least, they just have no chemistry together. When Cena and Umaga wrestled it was there, it was not here but. I don't like how rushed the match felt, I feel it is time that could have been properly generated for the Flair or Undertaker match up. Hell if you want Batista on the card so much involve him for the WWE Championship just why do this and waste precious time.

Super Geng Boys Rating - D

ECW Title- Kane Vs Chavo Guerrero

This can't be graded as one, it was not a scheduled match(Kane won a pre-show battle royal) and two it is about 10 second long. But that may not be a bad thing. It puts Kane over as the big monster that we all know and love and gives us a title change and quickly. It was not disastrous and well done.

Retirement Match- Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair

I just want to say for the record that Shawn Michaels is my favorite wrestler off all time, however, I am far from Flairs biggest fan. This was not about wrestling, this was emotional to the max. People say its gay or corny but I do not care. If the words I am sorry I missed you coming off Shawns lips before the final sweet chin music do not make you cry then find a heart. It was heartbreaking but yet lovely at the same time. This match still won't get the credit it deserves either. it was a good wrestling match. Sure there is a few botches then and there but what match hasn't. Shawn could have broke his ribs for all we know and yet he still absolutely put on a show. Ric was fantastic too considering this is a 62 year old man. This is a recommended match not or wrestling, but for emotion, as there is certainly tons of it.

Super Geng Boys Rating- A+/A

WWE Championship- John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Triple H

Not much to say about this match. Cenas pissed at Orton and Hunter wants another tite. This may be the wronmg palce to mention this but I think Cenas return at the Rumble this year was one of the best ever, just saying to get that out of the way. Now onto the match. It was nothing special. But was it bad? Hell no! This had its purpose, we had just seen a career of over 30 years end, we need a filler that was big, this was perfect. It served its purpose and helped to establish Orton as a credible champion. This was as solid as it needed to be and for that I will give it a solid grade.

Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show

As a wrestling fan this bored me to hell, but as a huge fan of Floyd Mayweather it entertained me, so sorry folks for the biased review. This was fun, it was not pretty or awesome but I giggled at the difference in comparisons, and hey, its Floyd fucking Mayweather, he must have drawn more than he earned surely. He did his job and got the WWE some great mainstream coverage for Wrestlemania well showing he had a good knolage about the buissness. I enjoyed it, love it a strong word but this will be hard to grade.

Super Geng Boys rating- C+

World Heavyweight Championship- Egde vs The Undertaker

I loved this main event. I would rank it in the top 5 in history, maybe 7 at a push. This to me had the quality of wrestling, just not the unpredictability. If something had happens to put doubt in Takers streak then I have no problems calling this one of my favorite matches of all time. This was awesome through and I do recommend it, and it doesn't matter how many entrances or celebrations Taker does at Mania, it doesn't get old. This is how wrestling shows should be closed and I think they done a real awesome job with it.

Super Geng Boys Rating- A/+

Overall Rating- B+- This is just missing this one thing to push it that extra bit, a great show in my opinion through and I highly recommend it.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back