Royal Rumble 2008 Review

Kurt Angle

Kurt The Australian Hero
I have this on DVD and this is my review of the show.

Ric Flair vs. MVP (Career Threatening Match)

The show starts off with a Career Threatening match,and it is painfully obvious who the winner of this match is gonna be.Solid mid card match that did satisify expectations and ended the way everyone expected,not much to say here at all.

Rating:** Stars

Chris Jericho vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Absolute Rubbish match that went from depth to depth.The match was ment to tell the story of a dispondent Chris Jericho,and in context I guess it did what it was meant to do,but it was still a terrible match with botches,and a scrappy DQ ending.These two did not work well together.Main Dissapointement:Chris Jericho balding his forehead after being pushed shoulder first into the ringpost.Filler Match,press the mental skip button.

Rating:* Star

Edge vs. Rey Mysterio (World Heavyweight Championship

Decent match that really caught the fans in and the crowd felt the dissapointment when Vickie Guerrero interrupted and saved Edge from losing his title.Decent match,well booked,no botches,but still not what you would expect from a World Title Mathc,More a mian event of Smackdown.

Rating:*** Stars

Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy (WWE Championship)

Decent match,but once again expect more from a world ttile match,ends with an RKO afer a lardly uninteresting and boring bout with the same familiar ending.Nothing to say really.

Rating:** Stars

Royal Rumble Match

Great Rumble,with the thrills and spills and suprises that you would expect,with some storyline continuation twined between it all.Great match,loved the Piper Snuka confontation,and they worked it very well into everything that was happening at the time.The fact that John Cena's return was kept quiet was really good,and it capped of a great Rumble with a John Cena win,but not a very great Rumble...

Rating:*** Stars

Overall

Expect more from this show,decent show,not a washout but nothing special either.So if you are looking for a solid PPV with only 1 bad match on the card then look here,but if not,no.I watsed my money on this one.

Overall Rating:**.5 Stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back