Wrestlemania matches that just didn't live up to the hype

Obviously Goldberg-Lesnar comes to mind, but that was never going the be a technically great match anyway. I actually think Kurt Angle v Brock Lesnar at WM 19 then his match with Eddie Guerrero the next year were disappointing matches considering the expectations going in to them, maybe it was because of injuries etc, but they were nowhere near as good as Angle's matches with Shawn Michaels or Benoit from around that same era.

I'm not sure if this counts but what about the whole Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna THEN Hogan vs. Yokozuna fiasco at Wrestlemania 9? I mean even as a kid I thought that was the biggest load of BS I'd ever seen. Jack Tunney had ALREADY changed the rules for Hogan once that night when he told Money Inc that they'd lose the tag belts on a count out and then he gets to turn up and squash a 600lb man in about a minute. That's the worst ending to any WM in my mind -- and it totally overshadowed the Yoko vs. Bret match that they'd built. It came out of nowhere too, terrible terrible booking.

HHHvs.Y2J for me as well. When the E put these two together it sounded like a foolproof great match. I was wrong, Austin should have been with H and somehow Jericho v. Hall doesn't sound awful.

I's surprised no ones said this yet but Bam Bam vs Lawerence Taylor at Wrestlemania 11 was just such an awful match and it was ridicoulus that it was the mainevent. Its funny how they can make Bam Bam and Lwerence Taylor the main event of wrestlemania 11 but cant make Flair's last match the main event of 24? :whatthe:

I would have to say the boxing match between Roddy Piper and Mr. T at Wrestlemania II. There was some real life animosity between the two of them, with piper mentioning Mr T's lack of wrestling skills. It was then pitted as the main event in one of the three venues they had that year, and since neither of them are trained boxers, it was a colassal failure imo. From Piper tumbling out of the ring in the 2nd or 3rd round, to the rowdy one giving Mr. T a bodyslam in the 4th round to get himself disqualified, it was an overall debacle to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back