Wrestlemania main events we nearly had.... in kayfabe

@smarkmouth

Friendly Neighborhood
Often enough, we know full well who's going to win the Royal Rumble, or that events will often unfold to offer a predictable choice for the main event of Wrestlemania(not a criticism. Predictable often equals logical). However, WWE will often tease the curveball, by contesting the number 1 contendership, or the champion. I'm sitting here just considering some of the most recent examples, and thinking how they'd rank up against what actually happened.

For the sake of this thread, I'm choosing one match where I think what actually happened was the better choice, and one match where I think what could have happened was the better choice. I invite you to do the same. (I know that since we're referring to kayfabe, anyone who was in the Rumble could be a candidate. I suggest avoiding the Rumble, unless there's a likely winners in kayfabe.)

Wrestlemania 31
We had; Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns
We could have had; Brock Lesnar (c) vs Daniel Bryan

This one is obviously still fresh in our memories. Reigns wins the 2015 Rumble despite the ire of the Philadelphia (among other) crowd, leading to a number 1 contendership match between Reigns and fan favorite Daniel Bryan one month before WM31. What was offered is two completely different styles of match ups; the extremely physical match between two hard hitters, or quite literally the Ultimate David vs Goliath contest.

I think were Daniel Bryan to go on to face Lesnar, he would have had a similar amount of offense that Reigns did, which is to say more than Cena did at SummerSlam. The one major difference between Lesnar/Reigns and Lesnar/Bryan would have been the audience. Due to the divisive reaction of Reigns, Lesnar was greeted as a babyface. This would not have happened if Bryan was the contender. The babyface/heel roles would have been clear as day, and would have added greatly to the match.

That being said, I'm glad WWE dug their heels on this one. I still want to see Bryan/Lesnar, but the perfect time for it would have been Summerslam '14, which didn't happen for obvious reasons. When you miss the chance to capture lightning in a bottle, you may as well revisit it at any other time. Reigns and Lesnar, instead, offered us an extremely physical contest that was at times uncomfortable to watch (in a good way).

The better choice; Lesnar vs Reigns, by a small margin.

Wrestlemania 27
We had; The Miz (c) vs John Cena
We could have had; Jerry "The King" Lawler (c) vs John Cena

The Miz had been the reigning champion going into WrestleMania for a few months, defeating the likes of Randy Orton, John Morrison, and at Elimination Chamber, Jerry Lawler. Also at EC, John Cena wins an #1 Contendership Chamber match, thus setting up Cena vs The Miz at WMXXVII.

Like any match that will be discussed in this thread, we have a historical vantage point in our own opinions, and have a perspective that the booking team didn't have going in. Unfortunately, they didn't know Miz would be the failure that he was as a main eventer. Frankly, that would have been the ONLY reason for Miz to drop the championship to Lawler at Elimination Chamber. There is literally no other logical avenue you can take the ends in Lawler becoming WWE champion.

For Cena vs Miz, we had a match that had little-to-no crowd interest, had two awful finishes, and served only as a precursor to Cena/Rock at WM28. However, had we gotten Cena vs Lawler, I believe we would have had a pro-Lawler crowd (along with the ever divisive Cena reaction), and an air of nostalgia in the air. I think the match itself would have been worked much more "old school" in it's style, and probably ends in a clean Cena win, along with a handshake post match. I get that "respect" doesn't sell well in building up a match, but I think that respect would have been more valuable then the heat Miz/Cena ended up generating.

The better choice; Lawler vs Cena, if for no other reason we wouldn't have dealt with Lawler vs Cole.

Well i'm glad we got the matches we did.. Bryan facing Lesnar would be a bad decision, Bryan is dealing with injuries constantly, last thing he needs is to get in the ring with Lesnar, and Lawler main-eventing WrestleMania? Thankfully we didn't get that either.

We never could off had Lawler/Cena. Lawler match at Rumble was just because Miz would have something to do and to setup Lawler vs Cole and Miz was just "third wheel" so we could get "Once in a lifetime" at next Mania. Wrestlemania 27 is IMO worst Wrestlemania ever by build and matches.

Lawler defending at Mania was never on the cards, it just emphasised how stupid Miz's title reign was. If they were going to tease Lawler having at least one WWE Title reign, then he should have held it for 24 hours before dropping it back to Miz.

Back on topic however, there's obviously Batista v Orton, both kayfabe & legit. Another that stands out is Benoit/Michaels v Haitch in 2004. Benoit v Haitch would've been interesting, whilst Michaels v Haitch would've concluded that rivalry whilst screwing Benoit. The triple threat actually accentuated Benoit's achievement and the support the decision makers had for him; to have him win the Rumble, switch brands and win the belt in the main event against arguably the two biggest locker room power holders spoke volumes.

Hogan vs Flair was annouced on TV for WM 8. Still not sure if I would have liked that better then the card we actually got. But it would have been something to see, hogan and flair in the same ring at mania.

WM 10 could have had Luger vs Bret. According to some that was the plan at one point. I liked Yoko Bret 2 and think they made the right decision.

WM 12 could have been Bret vs Owen, Shawn vs Nash, Nash vs Owen. This is the first time I can remember the title shot being on the line before mania.

Right before WM 13 there was a title match between Bret and Sid. Bret/Austin could have been for the title. I think they made the right decision tho.

WM 15 technically should have been (c) Rock vs (rr winner) McMahon. Obviously that was never the plan.

At WM 22 it was supposed to be Eddie Guerrero defending the World Championship aka The Big Gold Belt vs Rey Mysterio, Junior.
Eddie was schelduled to win the World Title before or after Survivor Series of 2005. But Eddie died and they choose to keep Rey in winning the Title but instead of Beating Eddie he beat Angle/Orton while it woulda been Eddie vs Rey and Angle vs Orton at WM 22.
At WM 1 it woulda been Hogan vs Piper for the World Title but they went w/ the Tag Team Match instead.

Wrestlemania 18
We had; Chris Jericho (c) vs Triple H
We could have had; "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (c) vs Triple H

At the end of 2001, Steve Austin turned face and began a downward spiral, culminating with an upper-midcard status in 2002 and being on the undercard of that particular Wrestlemania. However, because of his rivalry with then injured Triple H, back in 1999, 2000, and early 2001, when Triple H returned from injury WWE teased continuously that they will eventually get their big climax of a battle in the coming future.

In the beginning of 2002, Triple H returned to win the Royal Rumble, and then went on to feud with Chris Jericho, as Steve Austin also began feuding with Chris Jericho. In this particular story, Jericho defeated Steve Austin to regain his championship at No Way Out and went on to face Triple H at Wrestlemania. This though, is what we almost got if the story went in this general direction ...

We could have had Austin win the championship from Jericho, as Austin was a face at this point but Triple H also turned face from being the same kind of ultra-heel that Austin was. Also, before this Wrestlemania, all Wrestlemania's before were events that Steve Austin was an underdog, and a challenger to the championship. If they went in this direction with the angle, Stone Cold would go to Wrestlemania for the first time as champion, for the first time in defense mode, and for the first time against his arch nemesis, Triple H, with both of their characters being rebellious in nature, both being faces who act heelish, and both that can fight dirty and put on great promo's.

The better choice; Steve Austin vs. Triple H, by a large margin!

At WM 22 it was supposed to be Eddie Guerrero defending the World Championship aka The Big Gold Belt vs Rey Mysterio, Junior.
Eddie was schelduled to win the World Title before or after Survivor Series of 2005. But Eddie died and they choose to keep Rey in winning the Title but instead of Beating Eddie he beat Angle/Orton while it woulda been Eddie vs Rey and Angle vs Orton at WM 22.

Actually it was supposed to be Eddie Guerrero defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels. At no point was Rey Mysterio even in consideration for a top match at WrestleMania until Eddie died, and having Mysterio win the title was a HUGE mistake, as those 17,159 people proved when he was booed out of the building the entire match.

As for the above poster mentioning Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H as a potential main event for WrestleMania 18, I disagree that it was a better choice. Austin had headlined three of the last four WrestleManias (and likely would have headlined WM16 had he not been injured), it was time for a long overdue change. Jericho vs. Triple H was the right call to make, and Austin still got to be in one of the main event matches.

I think the biggest missed opportunity was WrestleMania 29, they should have gone with CM Punk vs. The Undertaker for the WWE Championship. Rock/Cena II didn't need the title. Punk should have held onto it until WrestleMania and dropped it to Undertaker in the final match of the night.

Hogan vs Flair was annouced on TV for WM 8. Still not sure if I would have liked that better then the card we actually got. But it would have been something to see, hogan and flair in the same ring at mania.

WM 10 could have had Luger vs Bret. According to some that was the plan at one point. I liked Yoko Bret 2 and think they made the right decision.

WM 12 could have been Bret vs Owen, Shawn vs Nash, Nash vs Owen. This is the first time I can remember the title shot being on the line before mania.

Right before WM 13 there was a title match between Bret and Sid. Bret/Austin could have been for the title. I think they made the right decision tho.

WM 15 technically should have been (c) Rock vs (rr winner) McMahon. Obviously that was never the plan.

Yes for Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair at Wrestlemania 8 . We got Flair vs Macho Man instead , which was a good match but it wasn't even the main event. Hit Man vs Yokozuna didn't deliver and had a ridiculous ending with Hogan challenging him , restarting the match because I guess he was also the General Manager or something...then winning the title. Hell, Hogan was stuck in a crappy mid card tag team match . Wrestlemania 8 will always go down as one of the strangest of booked WMs...except for Ric and Savage. But Hogan vs Flair was the obvious choice to battle it out. Pit Savage vs Hitman instead.

The tag match at WM1 was best in the grand scheme. Piper/Hogan should have main evented WM2. Mr. T could have boxed Orton and been the same. Have Bundy squash another baby-face and set up house shows with Hogan through the summer. Hogan/Warrior rematch at WM7 would have been nice and they could've kept it in the LA Colisium. The Iraqi gimmick could have still worked heading to SummerSlam.

Supposedly, Shawn exaggerated his knee injury so he didn't have to defend his belt at WM. We were supposed to see Bret/Shawn 2. But instead we saw Bret/Austin which was awesome and Sid/Taker which was the shits

Yes for Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair at Wrestlemania 8 . We got Flair vs Macho Man instead , which was a good match but it wasn't even the main event. Hit Man vs Yokozuna didn't deliver and had a ridiculous ending with Hogan challenging him , restarting the match because I guess he was also the General Manager or something...then winning the title. Hell, Hogan was stuck in a crappy mid card tag team match . Wrestlemania 8 will always go down as one of the strangest of booked WMs...except for Ric and Savage. But Hogan vs Flair was the obvious choice to battle it out. Pit Savage vs Hitman instead.

You're confusing several things here:

• Wrestlemania 8 was Flair (c) v Savage and Hogan v Sid Justice as 'co-main events'

• Wrestlemania 9 had Hogan lose a tag title match, and a main event of Bret (c) v Yokozuna. Which was logical in that WWE had spent 6 months building Yoko up as an unstoppable monster heel (though Bret v Savage would have been a better match); after a controversial finish, Hogan came down to check Hart was ok, and it was Yokozuna, via his manager Mr Fuji, who challenged Hogan, in a terrible booking decision

• Bret v Yoko (c) 2 was then the main event of WMX, a story of Bret's redemption

Wrestlemania 18
We had; Chris Jericho (c) vs Triple H
We could have had; "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (c) vs Triple H

At the end of 2001, Steve Austin turned face and began a downward spiral, culminating with an upper-midcard status in 2002 and being on the undercard of that particular Wrestlemania. However, because of his rivalry with then injured Triple H, back in 1999, 2000, and early 2001, when Triple H returned from injury WWE teased continuously that they will eventually get their big climax of a battle in the coming future.

In the beginning of 2002, Triple H returned to win the Royal Rumble, and then went on to feud with Chris Jericho, as Steve Austin also began feuding with Chris Jericho. In this particular story, Jericho defeated Steve Austin to regain his championship at No Way Out and went on to face Triple H at Wrestlemania. This though, is what we almost got if the story went in this general direction ...

We could have had Austin win the championship from Jericho, as Austin was a face at this point but Triple H also turned face from being the same kind of ultra-heel that Austin was. Also, before this Wrestlemania, all Wrestlemania's before were events that Steve Austin was an underdog, and a challenger to the championship. If they went in this direction with the angle, Stone Cold would go to Wrestlemania for the first time as champion, for the first time in defense mode, and for the first time against his arch nemesis, Triple H, with both of their characters being rebellious in nature, both being faces who act heelish, and both that can fight dirty and put on great promo's.

The better choice; Steve Austin vs. Triple H, by a large margin!

I actually thought Triple H vs. Chris Jericho would have been a great main event. I mean on paper Jericho and Triple H built a lot of history over the years and we have seen that both guys could have a great match with each other (remember Fully Loaded 2000 and their match where Jericho kind of won the title?).

The problem wasn't Jericho and Triple H per se the problem was the underlying things happening in the background such as

- The way Jericho was handled as Champion. Leading to even late 2001 Jericho's progression to the top was steady but was building himself into a main event guy. Unfortunately when he turned heel at Survivor Series 2001 he went from a guy on the rise with a good amount of credibility to beating The Rock, by a controversial but believable finish, to a guy who couldn't even beat Rikishi once he turned heel and became Champion. If they just decided not to turn Jericho into a 100% cowardly heel Jericho vs. Triple H would have had two guys in almost equal footing.

- The feud. It should have been Triple H vs. Jericho straight up guys talking about the history they had and not Triple H vs. Stephanie McMahon with Chris Jericho. I though that was kind of strange to up Jericho in the background.

- Jericho and Triple H had to follow Hogan/Rock. Now this isn't WWE's fault or even Vince's. I remember a podcast with Jim Korderas and said in hindsight Rock and Hogan should have gone last at WMX8, but Rock/Hogan was the first "dream match" between wrestling's past and future or past and present. Remember WCW was just bought by WWE a year prior so back then the landscape was that the "older stars" were in WCW while the newer guys like Rock and Austin was in the WWF. There was no cross over generational match up prior to that. I guess WWF knew the match was going to be big but even there were doubts in how big the match would be since there were critics of the match saying if Hogan still "had it". Suffice to say the WWF didn't anticipate the crowd they had when Hogan and Rock had their match. Of course WWF learned their lesson since then with Hogan vs. HBK closing Summer Slam 2005 and Hogan vs. Rock closing No Way Out 2003. But their WMX8 was the first and no one knew before hand that the reaction of Hogan/Rock it was going to be so huge that they were drained by the time Jericho/Triple H had their match.

- Austin. I guess on paper Austin vs. Triple H is still the better and stronger card in terms of Star Power. But then again Austin had so many options leading to WM that maybe if he was given better opponent and match up at WMX8, Jericho vs. Triple H would have been acceptable. One match I could think of is Austin vs. Ric Flair. I mean if The Rock was going up against the 80's biggest wrestling Super Star, why not have Austin go against the 80's 2nd biggest wrestler? I think if Austin vs. Flair was given 15 to 20 mins, Austin would have liked his match and then we would have had Flair/Austin, Jericho/Triple H, Hogan/Rock, and heck why not throw in Angle/Henning and Hall and Nash/Kane and Undertaker.

- Triple H's Injury - When Triple H entered the Rumble at #22 he walked so slow from the entrance to the ring by the time he actually was in the ring the countdown to the next entrant was was already starting. I can only assume that while Triple H was medically cleared to compete he was not 100% heading to WM and it showed. I am guessing his the way Royal Rumble 2002 was constructed it was to protect Triple H from getting exposed. Notice that there were only 4 guys at a time once Triple H entered and consider that slow walk to the entrance to perhaps buy him a bit more time. You also notice his matches in most of 2002 and many weren't good, he was slow and had little flow in his matches so you could see that Triple H was still adjusting to torn quad. I think it took around mid 2003 to find his "game" (no pun intended). You can tell Triple H has mirrored his style to Ric Flair in which he is more methodical around 2003 which allowed to slow the pace down in his match while adding an element to story telling. It helped but for most of 2002 he was pretty bad in the ring. Of course this didn't help with Jericho/Triple H since it looked like Jericho was wrestling Kane at times.

I remember when Chris Benoit won the Royal Rumble in 2004, I was really stoked about the prospect of Chris Benoit vs. Brock Lesnar headlining Wrestlemania 20. Of course we ended up getting Benoit in the Triple Threat match against HBK and HHH for the World Title, with Eddie Guerrero defeating Lesnar for the WWE Title the month prior and Lesnar fighting Goldberg at Wrestlemania instead.

It all shaped out nicely, and the final image of Wrestlemania 20 is of course one of the most iconic (plus infamous) moments in Wrestlemania history.

That said, when I think about how Benoit and Lesnar could have torn the roof off the place, especially when you consider the crowd being 100% in favor of Benoit... that would have been AWESOME to witness. Think how great the crowd was in Lesnar vs. Goldberg, and now think of them being that great in an actual good match between Lesnar vs. Benoit, with the crowd giving Benoit undying support. It would have been RVD/Cena level lopsidedness.

It's hard to say that would have been better than what actually happened, but I still would have loved to somehow be able to see it to decide for myself, lol.

Wrestlemania 27 & 28
The matches that we could have gotten were: Santino Marella vs Edge(C) or Miz(C) for the WH or WWE Championship at 'Mania 27 and
Santino Marella(C) vs Bryan vs Sheamus at 'Mania 28
Have you forgotten about Santino's glorious moments of Santino Marella? At the 2011 Royal Rumble he was the last man to get eliminated by Alberto Del Rio and then he challenged Del Rio in a match at Elimination Chamber. Kayfabe wise, it could have happened..
Also, Elimination Chamber 2012, Daniel Bryan and Marella are the two last men standing in the cage. Crowd goes wild for Marella. Imagine, Cobra to Bryan, new World Champion. I still remember that there were people who wanted Santino to have a short World title run..
The better choice; the original matches by far!
Seriously, a comedy jobber main-eventing? Considering WWE's state back then and their booking, I wouldn't find it strange..

Wrestlemania 25
We had: Undertaker vs HBK, Triple H vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship, Cena vs Edge vs Big Show for the WH Championship
What we could have: Undertaker vs HBK, Edge(C) vs Jeff Hardy vs John Cena for the WH Championship, HHH(C) vs Orton for the WWE Championship.

Everything stays the same, only the triple threat match changes. Jeff Hardy never wins the title at Armaggedon. Edge retains due to outside interference. It is revealed that Christian is the one that took out Hardy at SSeries and also costed Hardy the belt at Armaggedon. Hardy enters the Rumble, while Edge retains against HHH. Mainwhile Orton has already opened a war against the McMahons.
Hardy wins the Rumble by last eliminating Legacy. Then he defeats Christian in an Extreme Rules match at No Way Out. Mainwhile, HHH wins the WWE Championship, Orton beats the hell out of Shane and Edge still does the shit he did with the WH Championship, this time with Christian's help.
The next night on RAW, Orton challenges Smackdown's Champ, HHH, by viciously RKOing Stephanie McMahon and then beating HHH 3-on-1, while Royal Rumble winner Jeff Hardy challenges the man he hates the most, Edge, for the WH Championship at Wrestlemania. Cena comes out wanting a rematch. The triple threat is set.
Jeff completes his year long chase, by beating Cena & Edge at the main-event of Wrestlemania.

I know that Jeff left 6 months later, but he was the hottest name at that time. Vince, just like Bryan was a fool not to capitalize on that and WM 25 turned out to be shit. Everything was horribly booked, excpet Undertaker vs HBK. Making the HHH vs Orton a No Holds Barred and replacing the most popular wrestler at that time, Hardy, with Big Show at the main-event and giving him this huge moment, would have definately made this show better..

The better choice; Hardy vs Edge(C) vs Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship

Then thing continue as normally, Jeff vs Edge happens, CM Punk cashes in, Orton vs HHH continues as it went..

Hogan/Warrior rematch at WM7 would have been nice and they could've kept it in the LA Colisium. The Iraqi gimmick could have still worked heading to SummerSlam.

Have to disagree here. The handling of Slaughter during this run coincided perfectly with the actual events of the Gulf War. Slaughter was picking up steam as real life events were beginning to heat up. When Slaughter entered the title picture tension America vs. Iraq was seriously intensifying. Right around the time Slaughter took the title off Warrior is when America began laying the hammer down. Serious air raids took place within days of his title victory. Entering Hogan, the ultimate American hero, into the picture with the title on the line just magnified the entire program. By the time SummerSlam rolled around the Gulf War was loosing steam and the angle in the WWE was pretty much dead.

WrestleMania 13 The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWF Title-If Rock had eliminated Stone Cold we would of have that.

WrestleMania 29 CM Punk vs. The Rock III- Had Punk defeated Cena on Raw.

You're confusing several things here:

• Wrestlemania 8 was Flair (c) v Savage and Hogan v Sid Justice as 'co-main events'

• Wrestlemania 9 had Hogan lose a tag title match, and a main event of Bret (c) v Yokozuna. Which was logical in that WWE had spent 6 months building Yoko up as an unstoppable monster heel (though Bret v Savage would have been a better match); after a controversial finish, Hogan came down to check Hart was ok, and it was Yokozuna, via his manager Mr Fuji, who challenged Hogan, in a terrible booking decision

• Bret v Yoko (c) 2 was then the main event of WMX, a story of Bret's redemption

Ah shit. I'm getting to that age where everything starts to mix together in my memory banks.

WrestleMania 18: Triple H vs. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho in a Triple Threat Match for the Undisputed Championship

Triple H won the Royal Rumble, but at No Way Out he put his Title shot on the line against Kurt Angle, with Stephanie McMahon as the Guest Referee. In real life he won the match, and went on to beat Jericho one-on-one for the Title at WrestleMania. In my scenario, Stephanie McMahon screws over Triple H, and Angle beats him at No Way Out.

The next night on RAW, Angle comes out with Stephanie to brag about ruining Triple H's dream of winning the Undisputed Title at WrestleMania. However, Vince McMahon comes out and says that while Kurt Angle may have beaten Triple H, he needed Stephanie's help to do it. Vince says that Triple H will still be in the WrestleMania main event, making it a Triple Threat Match. Jericho throws a tantrum because now he has to defend his Title against two challengers.

During the build, Stephanie is in Kurt Angle's corner, referencing the love triangle storyline involving Angle/Steph/HHH from 2000. Stephanie says it's her goal to make Triple H miserable and ensure that he doesn't walk out of WrestleMania with the Undisputed Title. Triple H eventually reveals that Stephanie is cheating on Kurt Angle, with none other than Chris Jericho. Angle freaks out and ends up getting slapped by Stephanie, Angle goes after Stephanie but Jericho comes out and takes him down. They get into a huge brawl. Heading into WrestleMania all three guys would have beef with each other.

Angle vs. HHH vs. Jericho would have been epic, as I hated Angle vs. Kane, and hated that Angle/HHH/Stephanie love triangle never resolved. Angle could have carried HHH to a better match with Jericho's help, this was the best idea by far.

From 2003 to 2013 there were two World Championships that the Royal Rumble winner could have chosen to face at the Grandest Stage Of Them All. Let’s take a look at the hypothetical WrestleMania Main Event matches if the Royal Rumble winners chose the Champions they did not pick.

WrestleMania XIX –World Heavyweight Champion, Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
I would have loved to have seen this match at the time, only because we were “robbed of it” when Brock Lesnar signed that exclusive deal with Smackdown right after SummerSlam 2002.

WrestleMania XX – WWE Champion, Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit
This would have been a great match, but by then, I believe we seen it before for the other Championships in the WWE.

WrestleMania 21 – WWE Champion, JBL vs. Batista
If Batista stayed Heel and won, Evolution would have really ruled the WWE, all of the WWE.

WrestleMania 22 – WWE Champion, John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio
This could have been the next Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior storyline with a fan favorite vs. fan favorite match.

WrestleMania 23 – WWE Champion, John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Still a dream match to some, the Streak could have ended in 2007, in my opinion.

WrestleMania XXIV – World Heavyweight Champion, Edge vs. John Cena
By this time, been there, done that.

WrestleMania XXV – World Heavyweight Champion, Edge vs. Randy Orton
Rated RKO Explodes!!

WrestleMania XXVI – WWE Champion, Batista vs. Edge
A Heel Batista and a Face Edge could have been a nice twist to their rivalry.

WrestleMania XXVII – WWE Champion, The Miz vs. Alberto Del Rio
For some reason, I don’t think The Rock would have gotten involved in this match.

WrestleMania XXVIII – WWE Champion, CM Punk vs. Sheamus
If having this match meant we would have gotten a Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho match, then it should have happened this way.

WrestleMania 29 – World Heavyweight Champion, Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena
Let’s say this did happen, and CM Punk challenges The Rock for the WWE Championship, I would have had the Undertaker face Jack Swagger in an American Bad @$$ match where the winner gets the rights to the name “American Bad @$$”.

Okay, so some of these could have worked, and some of these are best left alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back