Wrestlemania 27 - Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

"Jumped the shark."

Wow.

Anyways, it was a good segment even with the bad actress. It was classic WWE, draw your opponent backstage and attack them. It's a formula that works.

Simple as that, I actually don't know what else to add... I mean sometimes you find every jackass on these forums...

Anyway, I couldn't saw it, so I read the report here and all I could think of was "what goes around, comes around" :lol: Seriously, it remind me at the feud HHH and Orton has going into Mania 25. I'm sure this move got massive heat for Punk and now the feud has taken ANOTHER personal twist. These two are going to tear the house down at WM!

I thought the bus segment on Raw was terrible. You could tell that it wasn't his bus. Their was another one parked behind it that had the exact same paint job but was just different colored. It was totally out of character too. Orton who has been punting everyone as of late talks about how he takes his wife on the road with him. Give me a break. I know they wanted to turn the tide on Orton, but it would have been better had Punk found "Orton's Bus" without Randy doing the crappy interview. The whole segment just reaked of crap.

However, I do feel this match has the potential to steal the show. I think both are talented performers and think this could just be awesome. I personally hope Punk goes over in this match to show he doesn't need Nexus or anyone to be successful. Does anyone else feel this match needs to be No DQ? Now I know they wont because of Triple H vs. Undertaker already being No Holds Barred, but this is built was a hatred fued and the only way to really settle it would be a street fight type... at least thats how I feel.

I've just read the stipulation for this match, and it says Otunga, Ryan and McGillicutty are banned from ringside, but not Harris. Since Harris has been out for a bit now, do you think he could interfere and cost Orton the match?

Your thoughts?

Anyone who thought that bus segment was anything more than total dog shit is messed up in the brain. Seriously, there was absolutely no point to it and no logic about it.

1) Why should I give a fuck if Orton owns a bus? That doesn't make me care any more or less about him. And don't give me that, "It was foreshadowing for the attack!" bullshit, because that's crap. Why not have Punk just lure Randy out to the backstage area by taking his wife hostage? Why not have Punk lure Randy into the parking lot by slashing Randy's car's tires? Why not leave a trail of jelly beans to a dimly lit part of the arena where Punk could bludgeon Randy with that wrench?

2) Am I really supposed to believe that Randy brings his wife to every show only to have her sit in the bus? John Cena gets his daddy front row seats. Fuck, one time Mickie James got her dad front row seats. Randy can't even get his wife into the arena? Not buying it.

3) Why are they trying to make Randy more relatable? As much as I hate to admit it, Randy is mega-over while being a totally remorseless face that takes pride in his lack of humanity. The WWE doesn't need to change Randy into a sympathetic character two weeks before Wrestlemania, he was cruising as the psychopathic headpunter.

4) CM Punk wound up being the more humane one after all was said and done. Randy Orton has a wife, sure, but CM Punk didn't do shit to her. Randy Orton has A) DDT'd and then molested Stephanie McMahon and B) Punted every single member of Nexus sans Punk. All Punk did was threaten Randy's wife, which he really just used to draw Orton out of the arena. Classy move on Punk's part to just leave Mrs. Orton alone after he hit Randy in the knee with a wrench.

This segment did nothing for me, and I mean that literally. It didn't build my interest in the feud at all, but it didn't hurt it either, it was just stupid.

This is another weird feud for me. Orton did cost Punk the World Heavyweight Championship at Unforgiven. He was the bad guy that night, so Punk does have a reason to be pissed. It's not odd for Punk to want revenge, but Punk is the bad guy here? It just seems odd to me.

Also, Punk and stables in WWE obliviously don't mix. The Straight Edge Society was destroyed by the Big Show, and now Orton has taken out the entire Nexus by himself. The New Nexus started out with some promise, and Punk was doing an excellent job with the leader role. Still, Punk's stable was destroyed again.

I would like to see Punk win, but I have to believe Orton is going to win this. It's Wrestlemania, Orton is the bigger star, and I seriously believe he will be back in the WWE Championship picture after Mania, so he has to come away with a win here. I don't know what Punk will do after Mania, but I hope he won't fade away. He's an outstanding heel, and he is worthy of being a major player on Raw.

this match actullay looks kinda good im willing to give it a chance ill be surprised if cm punk won but IMO he should win because superorton (thats right its happened :banghead:) has been taking out nexus by himself everyweek until this week FINALLY punk got the upperhand in this fued! :) but i expect orton to regain momentum this week and i think punk should win at mania and honestly after mania punk should move on to fueding with cena or miz over the wwe title because hes the best heel in the company i wanna c him become wwe champion very soon him and morrison could put on great matches together! but i doubt any of this will happen with punk :disappointed:

Randy Orton is better than Punk. At the moment Orton is a bigger superstar than CM Punk. True fact he has more sucess more pop and generally delivers better in the ring. He is the one who people think will come out on top and for sure he will. Punk right now seems a little dry right now and really hasn't done anything big lately. On the other hand Randy Orton has been punting people in the head eliminating Nexus members left and right. He is on a rampage and doesn't look like he is going to slow down anytime soo. Nexus honestly has been quiet recently and I think Nexus as a group will be ending soon. Randy Orton has been picking up several big "wins" on Raw be it in the form of an attack or match sucess and he is the one who is on top right now. If it is true that the top dog wins then in this case Randy Orton should come away with a victory.

Nexus has run its course. I might get some serious hate for this but I feel it is time for Nexus to go. Personally I think CM Punk killed Nexus. Instead of the classic "we walk alone" entrance theme we get Punk's music. It is sad but true. There is no way that if Nexus wins this match at mania they will disband any quicker. So in this scenario it is more than likely that Orton wins. There isn't a use for Nexus anymore and it seems that the other Nexus members aren't doing anything at Mania if the rumors are true that their will be no Nexus VS Corre at Mania. If they were involved in this match however I think I would give the win to Orton but considering they probaly won't I feel WWE is wasting them. They use to be so big but now they are lacking. I feel this could be the beggining of the end and possibly a Punk loss makes them lose faith in their leader. Anyways Orton wins,

Orton needs to look good. He is a badass face right now and I feel if they don't let him win then it ruins his reputation. He has two recent loses to the Miz at PPV's and it is clear he needs to get back on the PPV winning track. He needs to prove himself and what better way than to do it at the biggest stage of them all at Mania. I think this could cement his bad ass character and it could easily make him more of a face than he already is. Likewise if Punk wins he will become more of a heel. I would love it if this match ended with a punt to Punk's head but most likely after the match is over Nexus will make the save. Anyway I strongly believe this is Orton's match to win.

I've just read the stipulation for this match, and it says Otunga, Ryan and McGillicutty are banned from ringside, but not Harris. Since Harris has been out for a bit now, do you think he could interfere and cost Orton the match?

Your thoughts?

That is very likely. I have been thinking that for a while.

At the bus segment on Raw, CM Punk didn't mention Husky Harris getting punted in the skull. Maybe they want to keep it a secret?

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton will be a great match at WrestleMania, but I just don't see Punk winning this at all...I would LOVE to see Punk win, then extend the feud to Extreme Rules where Orton wins, then CM Punk can move on and probably challenge for the WWE Title against SuperCena (that's right, Cena is winning on Sunday) at the Over the Limit PPV.

I would then have CM Punk win the title, and John Morrison win the MITB match at the MITB PPV in July and then challenge CM Punk for the title at SummerSlam a month later, thus setting up a classic match between Punk and Morrison for the title at the biggest party of the summer: SUMMERSLAM!

This one will be good. I was very disappointed in the direction that Nexus took. They should have never gotten Barrett out of it. Punk was doing an ok job as their leader, but the moment Orton started killing off members each week, I knew it was over. The bottom line is that Nexus after Barrett left was a useless stable. Mason could still have debuted as Punk’s bodyguard, while Otunga could have tried to lead Nexus although once half of Nexus became the Corre he would have been stuck with only Husky and McGillicutty. Forget it. Anyways, onto the match. Orton has been on a roll in this feud and I see him winning to once and for all end Nexus. Punk could also use a win to establish his top heel status, but unfortunately it looks like they want Miz as the top heel right now. That leads me to give Orton the win here due to him needing the win more than Punk. I think the match could potentially steal the show. Punk puts up a good fight but then gets hit by the RKO.

DAGGER’S PREDICTION:
Randy Orton will defeat CM Punk.

The build for this match has been okay but they could have done things differently. I think this will follow the same mold that his feud with Mysterio did last year. Lose at Wrestlemania then win later on. This could be an underrated match and I have Orton coming out victorious since I have Cena and Edge losing and one of the top faces will win.

I hope so bad that CM Punk picks up a win here. Orton is just boring to me; his character seems too fake. I liked his old entrance music, and the way he acted before he had "psychological" problems. CM Punk has become my favorite wrestler currently, and you better believe that I'll be watching, cheering full throttle for Punk to make Orton go to sleep.

I have high hopes for this match. I've enjoyed the way this match has been built and supports my theory that sometimes less is more. They introduced why CM Punk had a problem with Orton, than Orton gave everything he had to even the odds by taking out the new nexus, and now both are looking to end the other man's career. Pretty basic setup but the best part of the whole thing is that these two can actually wrestle. There was no need to over-compensate by having some huge, elaborate story because this match should be able to thrive off of the actual contest.

Alot of people in the buisness like to praise how Orton is one of the best performers out there. While I agree that he is quite good, I've yet to really been blown away by one of his matches. The same goes for CM Punk. His character is great, but he hasn't had any legendary matches in his career yet. This is their shot to really shine. I really hope they are given the time and run with it because this could be something special.

Randy Orton is already hugely over. What exactly will a Orton win do? He'll likely continue to feud with Punk through Extreme Rules and bury another great talent. A CM Punk win would be way more beneficial to both Punk and the WWE. RAW is in need of major heels. Punk hasn't really solidified his spot in the RAW roster as a heel. And a win over someone as over as Randy Orton will do the trick. Randy doesn't need this- in any way whatsoever. Randy needs to sit back on this one, put his ego aside and realize that Punk winning would benefit everyone more than himself winning.

Hamler's Prediction- CM Punk

I would love to see C.M. Punk get the win in this match, but I don't think it will happen. Punk will work over the Knee throughout the match making it seem like he is going to get the win, I would like to see Punk use various submissions on Orton's leg.
I got Punk controlling most the match, until Orton hits the RKO out of nowhere to pick up the win.
I think this match will get about 10 - 15 minutes and will be fourth on the card.

CM punk better win this match. I'm not crossing my fingers since its W.M. and its orton so yeah. I think orton will somehow win even with his "bad knee." Punk should win for the fact that orton took out an entire stable so I think thats enough credit right there. Huge punk fan so i'm definitely pulling for him. I've had enough of orton xD

These two have been two of my consistent favorites for the past couple of years, so seeing them compete at Wrestlemania is pretty awesome in my book. Their feud has had very good intensity since the very start, since both men are quite efficient at playing deranged, cold-blooded predators. Plus, I'm pleasantly surprised this feud references an event that happened almost 2 years ago...amidst a sea of storylines built over the last few months.

I have no doubt their ability to storytell out of the ring will have no problem transcending into it. Both men are capable in-ring performers who can tell a good story while keeping the crowd in the match. Hopefully they are given the proper time as a previous poster stated, as this match could be a milestone, or perhaps a landmark, in either of their careers.

I'm predicting a win for Orton, seeing as how it's likely a few heels will win some of the other contests, but would not be surprised to see Punk win to further the storyline and have an Orton vs. Nexus program begin. Either way, this is the match on the whole card that will keep me glued to the TV regardless of the victor.

I'm actually very intrigued with this match. I honestly think these guys could put the match of the night, and I'm expecting it if Rhodes and Mysterio don't get the time they need.

I know people are pissed with the way the New Nexus has been squashed by Orton, I honestly don't care myself. The New Nexus is awful. All the guys in that group are green as fucking grass, and were brought up way to soon. There's a reason why the weak links of Nexus were put with a strong leader like Punk, and the strong guys formed their own group on Smackdown. It makes Orton look awesome with dismantling a group that has run rough shot over Raw the last year.

Not sure where this match is going. I'm pretty sure it's going to drag for a month or two. I'm actually very happy that the WWE has decided to use some damn continuity for once in their storytelling.

I'm guessing Orton gets the win in this match.

Meh, couldn't care less about this. Punk is easily the best heel on the WWE roster right now, but he's against probably the worst face. Orton just doesn't work at all right now, the sooner he turns back heel or redevelopes his character the better.

This match ceased to be interesting to me when they eliminated all the other Nexus members. Hopefully a new member emerges tonight to give Punk the victory.

Great! Orton takes the win and now can get back to main eventing and taking the championship.

I felt like he botched with the RKO though. Punk looked like he was yelling and telling him to get ready for the setup.

This is fucking disappointing. CM Punk needed this win more than Orton. Orton already took out the entire fucking Nexus. He even has a knee injury so if he lost, he wouldn't look bad. FUCK, YOU COULD HAVE HAD HUSKY FUCKING HARRIS OR CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO INTERFERE TO MAKE ORTON LOOK EVEN FUCKING STRONGER! BUT FUCKING CM PUNK REALLY NEEDED THIS FUCKING WIN TO BE A TOP HEEL!!! FUCKKK!!! ORTON GETS CHAMPIONSHIPS EVERY YEAR AND CM PUNK IS STILL FAIRLY NEW TO THE WWE!!! CM PUNK NEEDED THIS FUCKING WIN!!!

FUCK!!! ORTON IS ALREADY ESTABLISHED SO LOSING THIS MATCH WOULDN'T AFFECT HIM BUT CM PUNK IS NOT AS ESTABLISHED AS ORTON AND HE NEEDS TO SOLIDIFY HIMSELF AS A PERMANENT MAIN EVENTER!!!

Orton is the new john cena we dont care for him.. another stupid booking at mania, first del rio and now cm punk wtf is going on hahah.... wrestlemania booking so far sucks...

ORTON SUCKS

I TOTALLY FUCKING AGREE WITH YOU!

RANDY ORTON IS TURNING INTO ANOTHER JOHN CENA, OVERCOMING ALL ODDS NO MATTER WHAT! FUCKING ******ED PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT! SCREW THE CREATIVE TEAM AND THEIR STUPID FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT BOOKING! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

This is fucking disappointing. CM Punk needed this win more than Orton. Orton already took out the entire fucking Nexus. He even has a knee injury so if he lost, he wouldn't look bad. FUCK, YOU COULD HAVE HAD HUSKY FUCKING HARRIS OR CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO INTERFERE TO MAKE ORTON LOOK EVEN FUCKING STRONGER! BUT FUCKING CM PUNK REALLY NEEDED THIS FUCKING WIN TO BE A TOP HEEL!!! FUCKKK!!! ORTON GETS CHAMPIONSHIPS EVERY YEAR AND CM PUNK IS STILL FAIRLY NEW TO THE WWE!!! CM PUNK NEEDED THIS FUCKING WIN!!!

FUCK!!! ORTON IS ALREADY ESTABLISHED SO LOSING THIS MATCH WOULDN'T AFFECT HIM BUT CM PUNK IS NOT AS ESTABLISHED AS ORTON AND HE NEEDS TO SOLIDIFY HIMSELF AS A PERMANENT MAIN EVENTER!!!

I take it that you're slightly disappointed.....

Punk may have needed that win for 'street cred', but he already has the major heel heat to continue on his 'savior' persona....we'll see waht happens next. I also agree that Orton didn't need this win to improve his stock, it's pretty damn high already.

I thought the match was incredible. It was a great story told , and of course i wanted Punk to win , but that doesnt take away from the great match they put on together. 4 out 5. Epic RKO at the end.

this match was easily behind Taker vs Triple H.....I am the biggest RKO fan but even I admit Punk could have used the win....but on the other hand Orton needed the win because he hasnt had that Mania defining match until tonight...his match last year was filler...the only other one was against Taker.....but anyways very good match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back