Wrestlemania 16: A Retrospective Look

This was an attempt at something different but they couldn't quite pull it off. The lack of a singles match on the card drops this in my eyes as the main event should have been Rock vs. HHH for the title. I understand the Foley wanted that one last moment, but it just didn't fit in this match. At the end of the day it was all about the McMahons and that's not what Wrestlemania should be. There's good stuff in there but it just didn't work for the most part.

I know what I will show is a little long card but with right time managment it would have made WrestleMania 2000 a decent show {if you look at the fact that a lot of major drawers did not took a part in the show}:

1.Eddie Guerrero defeated Chris Benoit with Chyna as the special guest referee.
2.Hardcore Holly defeated Crash Holly {C} in a Hardcore Match to win the Hardcore Championship {could be promoted as the "battle of the Holly familly}.
3.Too Cool defeated Malenko {C} and Saturn where the man that will gain pinfall or submission will win the LHW Championship {Scotty 2 Hotty wins the title by pinning Saturn}.
4.Test and Albert defeated The APA.
5.Edge and Christian defeated The Dudleyz {C} and The Hardyz in a Triple Threat Ladder match to win the tag team titles.
6.Stephanie McMahon {C} defeated Jacqueline to retain the Women's Championship.
7.Kane defeated X Pac in an Inferno match.
8.Tazz defeated Kurt Angle {C} and Chris Jericho to win the European Championship.
9.Chris Jericho defeated Kurt Angle {C} and Tazz to win the intercontinental Championship.
10.Rikishi defeated The Big Show in a Steel Cage match.
11.Terri defeated The Kat in a Catfight with Val Venis as the special guest referee.
12.The Rock defeated Triple H {C} in a Street Fight to win the WWF Championship.

This could of been one of the best wrestlemania's of all time had it been done right and done properly I was looking forward to the main event but they changed it to the fatal 4 way which wasn't so bad but mick foley should of stayed retired in my opinion, if they weren't going to let him win the big one then he should now out whilst he still can. I'd make some big changes to the card with the exception of 1 or 2 matches:

1) Big Bossman & Bull Buchanon Vs Godfather & D'Lo Brown Vs T & A Vs Headcheese Vs The Acolytes Vs The Headbangers Vs Kai En Tai
Tag Team Turmoil Number 1 Contenders Match. This would be better than the opening tag match and put all the tag teams together with the acolytes getting the win.

2) Crash Holly (C) Vs Taz Vs Hardcore Holly Vs Perry Saturn Vs Viscera Vs Gangrel
Six Pack Challange Match Hardcore Title. Have Perry Saturn win the title here by pinning hardcore or Taz and change it from the battle royal.

3) Jacquline (C) Vs Lita Vs Ivory
Triple Threat Woman's Title Match. Replace the cat fight with this match instead it would be much better and have Jacquline retain.

4) Esse Rios (C) Vs Dean Malenko
Light Heavyweight Title Match. Have Malenko go over and have the Radicalz capture two titles already.

5) Rikishi & Too Cool Vs X-PAC & The New Age Outlaws
Six Man Tag Match. Have Billy gun injur himself here instead.

6) Val Venis (C) Vs Eddie Gerrerro Vs The British Bulldog
Triple Threat European Title Match. Have Eddie go over here and win the title.

7) Kane Vs Big Show
Number 1 Contenders Match. Have Kane and Show both get counted out and become co-number 1 contenders to the wwf title.

8) The Dudley Boyz (C) Vs Edge & Christian Vs The Hardy Boyz
Stays the same.

9) Kurt Angle (C) Vs Chris Jericho Vs Chris Benoit
Stays the same except its a 1 fall match for the IC title with Benoit going over.

10) Triple HHH (C) Vs The Rock
No Dq WWF Title Match. This should of happened instead and have the rock go over and win the title.

That's my card there is 1 more match added to it and there are a few triple threat matches here but it's wrestlemania man so the boa shout be pushed out and we shall crown all new champions, it could of been a great card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back