• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would It Interest You If....

I wasn't around when WCW was but after watching countless clips of WCW footage and having read up about it in my 10 year span as a 'Wrestling Fan', I think the whole WCW brand should stay Unique and Untouched. Just look at ECW for example, Most hardcore wrestling fans like most of us on this fourm will Remember it for 'ECW Arena' and the Hardcore legends like Sabu, Van Dam, Funk etc and not for a Plastic shocking alternative to just make money out of with some wrestlers just placed in there so they could get air time while having no Hardcore ability. It ruined the whole meaning of ECW. Fans of lesser wrestling knowledge will just think/remember it as 'ECW', for me. I remember it as another money making venture by Vince and destroying something in the process.

Dont get me wrong though, One Night Stand when it all first came back was so good, That had shades of the Proper ECW. If they were to something Regarding something with WCW, why not have a one of PPV event as a storyline and not over do it.

Dont bring the whole show back and destroy it. a pay per view celebrating it like 'Starcade' could be good.

After all it is its 30th Year anniversary this year.

Maybe a feud with WWE V WCW could be good... Who knows.

The only way I'd be interested in the WCW brand again is if Vince McMahon sold the naming rights to someone and THEY started WCW over again. In a perfect world, Dixie Carter would make a bid for the naming rights to WCW and rebrand TNA as WCW. Name recognition is everything and if that were to happen, it would make things somewhat interesting again.

Thing is, that'll never happen. Vince is very content with earning money using WCW's old archives for DVD's and such. And there's no way Vince will take a chance on WCW being more popular than the WWE, even if he owns the name.

So no I wouldn't like to see WCW be brought back by the WWE. It would only be as good as the new ECW - and we all know how that turned out don't we?

As much as I loved WCW , and I was a WCW guy over WWE by far... that ship has sailed. The market as it stands right now is over saturated or nearing that point.
I just don't see Vince bringing it back in any form unless its reruns and highlights on the WWE network. Even though it might give the excess talent that WWE has a platform to perform on I think creating more programing would eventually just be counter productive. Already I rarely watch TNA , I don't hardly even watch NXT, Superstars and have never seen the Saturday show even once. Watching 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown is plenty for me unless I am just bored on a Wed or Thurs and doing nothing better. Creating a WCW , a new WCW , as interesting as it sounds just doesn't seem plausible in the long run to me as it might draw viewers away from Vince's flagship programming and I just don't see him doing that.

I like the "idea" of it returning, but I don't really see the point.

All that this version of WCW would have from the original would be the name, logo and possibly a couple of match types like War Games. There is barely any ex-WCW talent at all left in WWE (Big Show and Mysterio are the only ones I can think of quickly), and as the company shut down over a decade ago most of the wrestlers have retired now or are close to retirement.

Also, do we REALLY need any more wrestling on TV? WWE make so much programming anyway, does anyone want to see anything else from them? I think they need to cut down what they already do, instead of starting another branch of the company, although the benefit is that NXT talent would have the opportunity of being promoted to an extra show, therefore giving them more of a chance.

WWE and WCW could do alternative months for PPVs like Dagger Dias suggested, which would be cool. And the 2 federations could come together for WM and Starrcade as the 2 joint shows each year. However, the main problem I could see with this, if WCW was run as a seperate company with its own writers etc is that there is NO WAY Vince McMahon would let a WCW that he owned outshine WWE. If a superstar became very popular on Nitro, you can guarantee he would be showing up on Raw almost immediately. WCW would end up as another developmental league, with all the top talent being on Raw. It would never be allowed to compete with WWE.

I dont see any point for WCW to come back, it would just end up like NXT with all the rookies, and as there already is a programme for that now, which is on TV I think bringing back the WCW name would be worthless.

In 2013, I would still love to see the return of WCW, then again, I would still love to see the return of ECW as well. I don’t care if they came back as a completely separate company owned by the WWE or a WWE operated brand.

Imagine the weekly schedule and Championship designation like this.

Monday – Raw
WWE Championship

Tuesday – Nitro
WCW Championship

Wednesday – ECW
ECW Championship

Thursday – Thunder
United States Championship

Friday – Smackdown
Intercontinental Championship

Saturday – Saturday Night’s Main Event
World Tag Team Championship

I’d have the Divas Championship as the only Title to be allowed go on any show. I mean, seriously, would we even care that much?? Raw would have to be cut back down to 2 hours, but that’s a personal preference. I don’t think that WCW / ECW would need their own PPVs. I think just renaming / rebranding the current 12 is good enough. Going past 12 a year / 1 a month, is already too much. Separate GMs, announcers, refs, etc. is something I would also like to have. I think that pretty much covers what I would do. So yes, it would interest me.

I'd certainly like it better than the brand split. Here's the thing though. They'd have to have it an equal mix of top talent, midcarders, and nobodies. If they just called NXT, WCW then what's the difference? Rather than calling Smackdown, Smackdown, they could call it WCW, and then put some top stars there like Orton and Sheamus as well as some younger guys. I'd run it completely independent of RAW, in other words, no crossing over on RAW (or very little) and no cross over PPVs. If they acted like it was a separate entity, then they could bring back the WCW-WWE feud storylines and then you could have some crossovers and "trades" and stuff.

That might actually be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back