Would host pay to get on raw?

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
Every celebrity host that has been on raw has got free advertisement on there new product , movie what ever it is. The main point is that there are getting some good publicity. So my question is , do you think that celebrity's pay Vince to host raw so they can get some good publicity on their product?

I dont know if celebrity's are trying to knock down his door to host but it seems like more and more are knocking at his door. One example is Jordan. Jordan showed up backstage at raw and showed interest to host. So do you think that this could happen where celebrity's would be willing to pay to host raw?

Weird question to ask, but I think they'll generally do it for free. Whilst the guest host gets free publicity for whatever they're doing the WWE also gets free publicity when the host is doing their media travels and they say "Oh I'm guest hosting Raw on Monday."

However I would imagine the likes of Ted DiBiase and any other wrestler would be paid for it.

Hope that helps

Ya I figured that Vince would pay the wrestlers. But I was just curious if there where so many celebrities knocking at vince's door that they would pay vince to host. Vince could make some money off them for sure. But I don't know if the demand would be high enough for vince to do that.

I think Lee hit it pretty much perfectly, the thing that the guest hosts do is give publicity to WWE just as well because when they're brought in to talk shows they talk about "I'm going to" or "I just guest hosted raw" and then talk about their experience, or expectations for it.

On the other hand, WWE is giving them a chance to give some publicity to their own product, or what they want to be doing, all with the exception of a few wrestling guest hosts who helped promote the product of WWE, because that's a part of theirs.

So I don't think WWE, or the guest hosts is paying the other.

I'm sure the guest hosts get paid something because when they go on late night talk shows to promote their stuff they get paid so why would WWE be any different?

I think it's getting to be kinda like the talk show circut. Just one more forum to get out there and promote your movie/album/event. I bet the celebrities agents and publicists are the ones talking to WWE and getting their clients on Raw. That's why it seems like we get a few of them that don't seem to know much about wrestling. As a wrestling fan I much prefer having former wrestlers like Austin or Trish out there because they know what's going on.

I don't think that there is any money involved when Raw guest hosts are selected.

The beautiful thing about the Raw guest host scenario is that it is a two way street. The guest host gets to plug whatever product they want to plug on a greatly watched TV show every week and the WWE gets a "big-name" on their show. There really isn't any need for money to be involved and as much as it pains me to say it, money could really bring an end to the procedure. You see, all that would happen then is that the people who would love to do it are priced out of doing it. They will not give up the money to host Raw when they might get very little from it in the first place and could do a talk-show at the same time as Raw for free and get as much exposure.

It's a good idea and I would be very surprised if this idea was not brought up at some board meeting in WWE Headquarters. At the end of the day though, it is better that it remains free for people to plug their shit. Bidding wars are the last thing that the WWE needs when they are trying to entice people to host the show. It works the way it is and the only time that I could possibly imagine the WWE wanting to take any fee from the hosts is when two hosts want to host on the same night. Even then though, I doubt it would be a huge sum of money.

i wonder who's idea it is really, if guest hosts have agents who contact raw or if WWE goes out and gets them. The hosts have been all over the board and have made NO sense. I would have always expected guys like Method Man or Ben Wallace who are total wrestling fans to have hosted at some point, yet they have people who know nothing about wrestling and who are promoting crap... To me, the most baffling guest hosts were cheech and chong (HOW IS THAT PG?? ) I doubt the hosts are paying to get on raw since they can get publicity in much better ways. WWE is the more likely attention ****e who is getting guests hosts to get the notoriety for having them. I have no idea who picks them or why but one thing i'm sure of, celebs aren't necessarily kicking down the door bidding to guest host raw.

Haha, if anybody is getting paid, it's the guest hosts. There's no way they're paying to come do the show. Sure, they get to plug their stuff, but they're also working for the WWE for the night. It's not like they show up on the big screen from their living room, say "Hey, watch my new movie/show/buy my CD. Good night!" and you never see them again. The WWE gets to advertise them for a week(and they advertise that they'll be on Raw for weeks), they're on the show all night, they do a ton segments with wrestlers, sometimes they even wrestle. Appearance Fees are standard for actors...I would imagine at least the big stars (Bob Barker, Shaq) are getting paid to do it, if not all of them.

As for whose idea it is, I'm sure it's a combination of both finding each other. The WWE puts word out that they're looking for guest hosts, actors(their agents) contact them if they're interested, and the WWE picks who they want.

I'm sure the guest hosts get paid something because when they go on late night talk shows to promote their stuff they get paid so why would WWE be any different?

Most shows do not pay their guests. Now, news magazines with the "exclusive" interviews will pay people to appear. But the mainstream talk shows generally do not pay guests, at least not monetarily.

I think they would get paid the normal SAG (Screen Actors' Guild) union scal, such as they pay celebrities to appear on host shows. However this SAG is fixed and isn't much to be accurate (less than 1000$ i think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back